PDA

View Full Version : Conflict site etiquette

Escyos
09-24-2014, 05:20 PM
I follow a code when dealing with conflict sites:
- If my presence at a conflict site raises the threat level beyond 5, I leave.
- If the only other people doing the conflict site are low levels, I leave.
- If I'm almost done with a conflict site and someone shows up and takes the threat level to a 7 or more, I find a place to wait while they deal with the increased strength enemies.
- All of this is moot if its a small conflict site like snipers ridge, ktam power etc.
- Large conflict sites like Sutro Tower, Trolley Graveyard, when there are others doing it, I just kill one enemy and then leave. I get the credit for doing it when they finish it.

Now the third point may seem kind of jerkish, but when you cam wipe a conflict site in 5 minutes only to get to the end and have a 5,000+ EGO player show up and turn that last minute into an extra 10, its quite annoying.

I just wish more people would consider adopting a nicer approach to other players, but that has about the same chance of happening as it raining cookies.

PTR47
09-24-2014, 05:43 PM
When I am solo, Threat Level is 6.

Sometimes if I believe I might have turned a 4 or 5 into a 10, I'll go somewhere else... but I actually log in to play the game and I enjoy Threat Level 10 and have enjoyed high threat levels since they were introduced into the game. So no, I'm not going to run away just because the Threat is high -- I'll only do that if I think there is a lot of low level players there who are about to have a horrible time.

Brindled
09-24-2014, 06:17 PM
It's rare that I leave a site, even if I crank it up. I end up killing stuff so fast most lowbies don't get a shot in much less get downed. They'll actually get more level exp if they get a little dmg in on TL10 enemies than a lot on TL1 or under. So, low levels joining in and learning the ropes at high TL's levels them faster. The hellbug just above a skitterling (Warrior) gives 300 exp towards EGO at TL5 (TL at 5400 EGO) and only 20 at TL1. All they have to do is hit it with one bullet at TL10 and it's the equivalent of killing 15 of the same bugs at TL1. My advice is to learn the mechanics of the AI, learn to use cover, and help the higher level players by putting spikes up and staying alive.

Now, don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I'm not an elitist and will revive anyone down that I can. I will attack mobs low levels aggro in a high TL first if possilbe too. I understand not everyone plays with the same awareness, but the same goes for lumping high level players into the same bunch. Etiquette goes both ways; low level players going into a high TL and getting downed constantly and expecting revives causes the event to last longer. Do you expect low level players to turn around and leave? I don't. Double standards are not a good thing sometimes, but I respect you for your effort in making other players' experience better.

Edit: my numbers were a little off

JadedSinn
09-24-2014, 06:34 PM
((insert long rant about BS leechers and haters. here. followed by rant of what the real way to do contract sites.and rant about kiteing leeches ))

AllGamer
09-24-2014, 06:44 PM
It's rare that I leave a site, even if I crank it up. I end up killing stuff so fast most lowbies don't get a shot in much less get downed. They'll actually get more level exp if they get a little dmg in on TL10 enemies than a lot on TL5 or under. So, low levels joining in and learning the ropes at high TL's levels them faster. The hellbug just above a skitterling gives 300 exp towards EGO at TL10 and only 20 at TL1. All they have to do is hit it with one bullet at TL10 and it's the equivalent of killing 15 of the same bugs at TL1. My advice is to learn the mechanics of the AI, learn to use cover, and help the higher level players by putting spikes up and staying alive.

Now, don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I'm not an elitist and will revive anyone down that I can. I will attack mobs low levels aggro in a high TL first if possilbe too. I understand not everyone plays with the same awareness, but the same goes for lumping high level players into the same bunch. Etiquette goes both ways; low level players going into a high TL and getting downed constantly and expecting revives causes the event to last longer. Do you expect low level players to turn around and leave? I don't. Double standards are not a good thing sometimes, but I respect you for your effort in making other players' experience better.

I agree with this guy ^
:D

I like the free rides, and free drops
as long as I can land a shot at the mobs, they will always drop cash, ammo and items

the faster they die, the faster we all get EXP, and the faster we can move on to the next site.

Besides Incursions, Arkfalls, Sieges are meant to be played in huge groups.

You can't always avoid those sites for low level players, else you'll never be able to play.

However proper Etiquette "my code" is to:

1. Always Tank mobs for low level players,
2. If you see them having trouble finishing a mob, give them a hand
3. Always revive downed players.
4. Lead the Tank / Kite clockwise or counter clockwise, this way the guy going the opposite way can finish off the ones in your back and viceversa.

alienstookmybeer
09-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Participate or leave. By hanging around, you guarantee all future spawns will be at an elevated threat level.

You still get credit for completing the conflict site as long as it gets completed and you don't leave the shard or disconnect.

Xaat Xuun
09-24-2014, 07:04 PM
only problem that might arise, if you leave the site, after it's threat level is up, you just left all the mobs there at the higher TL, till that wave is wiped, the lower ego players have it tougher.

might be better to stay , and help the lower ego players progress, then leave them to a pack of higher level NPC's to deal with.
the lower EGO players are better with adding help, like support the higher EGO player in such situations.

I'm sure this is all a PoV how one deals with low EGO's entering where a Higher EGO is at already, but some players don't have a lot of play time, High or Low EGO.

And letting you know, I'm not disagreeing with your suggested Conflict site etiquette (if that's what my reply sounded like)

PTR47
09-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Also, don't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is there to leech. A few times I've stopped to change the second weapon in my loadout (usually to a detonator) only to be met with a barrage of insults and swearing in the middle of the swap. Takes 20 seconds folks.

AllGamer
09-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Also, don't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is there to leech. A few times I've stopped to change the second weapon in my loadout (usually to a detonator) only to be met with a barrage of insults and swearing in the middle of the swap. Takes 20 seconds folks.

Or in some cases you max out the weapon, and you want to swap to another weapon, which is usually what I do, but with such a huge list of weapons to pick from, sometimes it takes longer to figure which one to use next :D

Terrato137
09-24-2014, 07:37 PM
What's annoying is when you're down, and there's like 5-15 players literally on top of you, yet they just keep shooting away at a target thats like 30yards+ away.

So I make it a habit to pick up whoever I see down, unless they're right underneath a boss of some sort. Something everyone should do.

Atticus Batman
09-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Or in some cases you max out the weapon, and you want to swap to another weapon, which is usually what I do, but with such a huge list of weapons to pick from, sometimes it takes longer to figure which one to use next :D

Or the battery in your wireless keyboard/mouse/ controller died in the middle and you have to find some new batteries. People yell and when you explain it the responses are either:

Tough ****. leave if your batteries are low
Oh I forgot most people use wireless.
or (my fave) Quit being cheap and buy a wired controller/mouse/keyboard. (since when is wireless the cheap version?!)

badbat111
09-24-2014, 07:42 PM
i was in a volge threat level 13 i got creamed once by a bomber >.< ego rating i think was 610 i came offline since i have been having troubles again being booted to start menu to pick the character map was laggy like hell crossing a bridge with nothing below you so it looked like the starter bike was flying

i have a fealing the server problems might be because there is to much stuff on the world

was funny though when i was ontop of a truck and the volge road thing ended the truck vanished i fell to the floor just to get stuck in a rock XD

SirServed
09-24-2014, 07:46 PM
What's annoying is when you're down, and there's like 5-15 players literally on top of you, yet they just keep shooting away at a target thats like 30yards+ away.

So I make it a habit to pick up whoever I see down, unless they're right underneath a boss of some sort. Something everyone should do.
It's actually pretty ironic. When I'm under heavy fire and some stray attack meant for me aces a lowbie, they park themselves under me waiting for a revive. On the other hand, when everything is fine and some guy randomly dies and I go to revive him, he extracts. /facepalm

Terrato137
09-24-2014, 07:50 PM
On the other hand, when everything is fine and some guy randomly dies and I go to revive him, he extracts. /facepalm

I get that a lot, and im just like, ".........dude.....", but that probably goes with what I said about nobody helping downed allies lol.

badbat111
09-24-2014, 07:51 PM
i always try to revive even when under fire would help if there was a perk to prevent flinching when being shot at like reviving or accessing things on missions you know like scan boxes and crap you get the circle almost full to get shot at and have to redo the bloody thing

Brindled
09-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Earlier, I was at Diablo with the afflicted swarms, and I ran to one of the control points that was swamped with red dots in my minimap. When I got there there was one person downed with 3 or 4 afflicted around the player and control point. I had to beat back 3 of them, and once there was only one left I picked the person up while that last afflicted was wailing on me. And, I did so only because I knew I could take the damage while reviving.

Etiquette is very relative to the situation. Instincts in certain situations can be the difference between your enjoyment and someone else's.

crazyged
09-25-2014, 12:49 AM
i always try to revive even when under fire would help if there was a perk to prevent flinching when being shot at like reviving or accessing things on missions you know like scan boxes and crap you get the circle almost full to get shot at and have to redo the bloody thing

That's weird, I don't get interrupted when I'm getting shot while reviving - that only happens when turning off generators and stuff.

SuchDefiance
09-25-2014, 01:59 AM
- Large conflict sites like Sutro Tower, Trolley Graveyard, when there are others doing it, I just kill one enemy and then leave. I get the credit for doing it when they finish it.

I just wish more people would consider adopting a nicer approach to other players, but that has about the same chance of happening as it raining cookies.

How does this represent a nicer approach? I'd LOVE some help with Trolley Graveyard! If anyone has been able to complete that solo without the control hub needing help at all, please share, because there's something I just can't figure out. And when I have to restart it, it takes more than one attempt because you are the only target, and you have to stand where every DM soldier can see you, and just one little blast in your right toe requires a new attempt at restarting it.

I'm not angry at you, I'm angry about this conflict site being so frustratingly boring to complete. Why do you think it's good etiquette to get the full reward with 0% of the effort required to acquire said reward?

Also, I always revive if possible.

crazyged
09-25-2014, 02:40 AM
If anyone has been able to complete that solo without the computer needing help at all, please share, because there's something I just can't figure out.

It's a bit of a grind, but it's not too hard if you find the safe spots.

If you can clear the roof of the main building, you can stay there for a while and pick off Dark Matter at your leisure. There's an ammo box up there too. I was still in my hundreds when I cleared Sutro first time solo.

It's a bit tricky doing the generators, but do-able.

SuchDefiance
09-25-2014, 02:51 AM
OK, I did have the naming wrong. System Control (http://www.defiancedata.com/event.php?id=20) (Trolley Graveyard) is the one (also listed as an example conflict site by OP, so my point stands). My problem is the "protect the hub" goal, where you have to wait for Eren to take control of scrappers. Any hints for that one?

Xaat Xuun
09-25-2014, 02:52 AM
How does this represent a nicer approach? I'd LOVE some help with Sutro Tower! (Sutro Tower is the Dark Matter swarming one, right? Whatever it's named, that's the one I mean.) If anyone has been able to complete that solo without the computer needing help at all, please share, because there's something I just can't figure out. And when I have to restart it, it takes more than one attempt because you are the only target, and you have to stand where every DM soldier can see you, and just one little blast in your right toe requires a new attempt at restarting it.

I'm not angry at you, I'm angry about this conflict site being so frustratingly boring to complete. Why do you think it's good etiquette to get the full reward with 0% of the effort required to acquire said reward?

I know which spot you're talking about

OK, I did have the naming wrong. System Control (http://www.defiancedata.com/event.php?id=20) (Trolley Graveyard) is the one (also listed as an example conflict site by OP, so my point stands). My problem is the "protect the hub" goal, where you have to wait for Eren to take control of scrappers. Any hints for that one?

Decoy

I've only had a chance to solo twice, first time I think it was a all nighter, but the recent one .. it was decoy.
I try and get as much attention , and pull what I can away, then deploy the decoy circle around, and restart the computer, and instantly take out those closest.
I try to keep one side clear of NPC's as much as possible .. so I have a decent safe spot to run to to gibe Shields time to recharge.

I was thinking if I left a couple alive, then maybe another wave won't spawn . . that's not true

I like to keep the right side clear, mainly because I know it best, can hop up and use the Auto lobber, or a rebound cannon or swarm cannon. (last time was just the auto lobber kuz my launchers are 600-1200 ego below my current level).
A cluster shot would be the only shotgun I would use there, the Crimefighter should do quite well too.
My main loadout is Pistol/AR (KLOC/Sumimoto), and swap to the Auto lobber/Blood hound for bombing, waiting till I reach 5000 then I'll get me a Crimefighter to replace the Bloodhound

and that's how I solo it

Bonehead
09-25-2014, 02:56 AM
Meh...

It is what it is. Trion made it this way for a reason and if they want new players overwhelmed and quitting, so be it.

If i'm having fun I stay, if not I leave.

Easy peasy.

Mia Faith
09-25-2014, 05:34 AM
I dont care when its alot of people and everybody is helping and shooting. i hate the jerk that comes by me when im playing by myself and just sit there waxtching me not helping. so i have to leave. and they follow you. jerks

Escyos
09-25-2014, 05:57 AM
How does this represent a nicer approach? I'd LOVE some help with Trolley Graveyard! If anyone has been able to complete that solo without the control hub needing help at all, please share, because there's something I just can't figure out. And when I have to restart it, it takes more than one attempt because you are the only target, and you have to stand where every DM soldier can see you, and just one little blast in your right toe requires a new attempt at restarting it.

Perhaps, but if an EGO 1000 player suddenly has two EGO 5000 players show up then they are going to have to deal with mobs of Formidable Dark Matter and when your getting hit from every direction and two bulwarks are bearing down on you, it can be tiresome with the dying and what not.

AllGamer
09-25-2014, 06:07 AM
Perhaps, but if an EGO 1000 player suddenly has two EGO 5000 players show up then they are going to have to deal with mobs of Formidable Dark Matter and when your getting hit from every direction and two bulwarks are bearing down on you, it can be tiresome with the dying and what not.

For that you have Decoy or Ghost power at your disposal

Also mobs always attack the player that did it the most damage, just lure them over to the high level players, and they will take it off your back

Midnight
09-25-2014, 06:11 AM

For that it's all about being aware of the threat level and at what point it's time to be more tactical. Once the threat level gets too high for you it is time to retreat to the edges of the site and draw mobs out one by one while the higher egos stay in to mix it up with the multitude.

Elroyhuman
09-25-2014, 07:08 AM
((insert long rant about BS leechers and haters. here. followed by rant of what the real way to do contract sites.and rant about kiteing leeches ))

I am seeing more and more of this BS. I'm out doing something, and all of a sudden the threat level goes up, I see one, or more frequently a cluster of other players zip in, kill one monster, then they are just sitting on the edge of the zone. All really low ego (under 500) All just sitting there waiting for me to finish the map so they can get the xp / rep reward. You are all a bunch of frakking leeches. They get all pissy when I blur through a big swarm of whatever and lead it right over to where they are, and let them get slaughtered. Then they have the balls to ask to get raised so they don't loose xp for having to Rez.

Seriously, just play the game and enjoy it, sooner or later you will gain enough ego that you can actually play the game and not die all the time. Enjoy it while it lasts, once you get a high ego, it will just be grind grind grind to get the smallest reward.

Ajaxtu
09-25-2014, 07:08 AM
I'll be dead honest, Having only played the game for maybe a month now, I have 0 problems with threat adjustments. I stole 4th place in a WM victory the other day with 35+ other 5k EGO players, sieges I can preform up to like stage 9/10, conflicts are just a joke most of the time.

I'm a level 1500 EGO atm and not once have a been disappointed or angry when another player boosts threat to max. Never have I not been able to handle myself and adjust to the difficulty as needed. Like someone else mentioned, it's as easy as changing your tactics, even if the other high EGO player doesn't help.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't comprehend the feelings these other players are getting. Working as intended if you ask me.

So to all of you high EGO players? Thanks for playing, I enjoy the company. Don't let these others scare you off for "etiquette".

Elroyhuman
09-25-2014, 07:16 AM
Threat Level 13 ? I don't think I have ever heard of that.

AllGamer
09-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Threat Level 13 ? I don't think I have ever heard of that.

maybe on the next Expansion ;) :p

megathalios
09-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Sometimes i saw a high level ego AFKing in the conflict sites only to troll low level ego.

Please Trion make the Arks (the one you use the lure) only for the people you want in the group. My lure, My Ark.

Chocolatelover67
09-25-2014, 08:01 AM
I will always try to jump in and revive downed players where possible.

Yeah but it's bad sometimes if you don't get revived and there's like 3 or 4 players just meters away from you. Sometimes I feel like yelling "hey over here" to them :) but you can't... Or use the zone chat. Sometimes that works if you type a polite "please can you revive me."

But yeah fun times when the threat levels rise.

Thearl
09-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Old man referance, but appropriate to how the game is currently running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

otonagamer
09-25-2014, 08:32 AM
This is an old argument.

The only right answer is:
No matter how high or low the TL is, deal with it with as many players as possible through to the end. Don't leave, don't hesitate to join, just fight till the end.

This is the overall best solution.

BTW, I'm 5000+ player and when I'm playing conflict sites(or Arkfall, Minor Arkbreak), I always equip Protective Spike and Decoy then keep using them to save low ego players from tricky situations. I use Bio weapon to damage enemy Armor and Shield, reduce enemy health low, then leave them for low ego players to land kill shot on. You can gain xp from just damaging it so you can give low ego players killing blow bonuses. This IS the etiquette you should care if you are a high ego player.

JadedSinn
09-25-2014, 09:47 AM
trallie graveyard solo instructions.

1 get to part where u have to protect the core while its being taken over by eren.
2 climb on roof and shoot DM from roof.
3 use ammo spikes when needed and protection spikes when needed.
4 use weapons with area effects such as big boomers or area sapressers. or even crimefighter.
5 use decoy to cluster enamys
6 attack clustered enamys,

that is how i complet the mission solo. when there are no other people around to bother me. i also use a bmg when im realy bored o.o i dont get what every ones problum is soloing this mission. its easy as pie. the only time its hard as when you have 1 or 2 other people there and the threat level is high. then its hard.

same with sutro tower. agine another easy to solo site. compleatly easy to finish. even with others there.

but thats just me.

and to the guy thanking us for boostin his threat level

ill make sure i keep doing it :) if your on PC NA every time im on

TwistedEvil
09-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Lol, well I dont know about anyone else but I don't do a ego check when I roll up on a fight. We all started this game at lvl 1, and the ones who stayed and played have increased their levels regardless of who was fighting and where. If you, OP, want to stop and click near by and check everyone's ego lvl, well that's how u roll man. And I can say while ur making sure ur not offending anyone, the fight will continue with or without u. I really don't think anyone deliberately hunts down the low level peeps in order to 'best' them.......I get as much done as I can because you never know when the crit, crit, crit, freeze, dc crap will start. I definitely will not roll up on a fight and do a lvl check........

As far as ppl not getting others up when dead, well sometimes we aren't looking at our mini maps for flashing purple icons.....sometimes the cht is hittin the fan and all eyes are on whatever is trying to kill us. I've waited and been stepped over plenty of times...but I've also raised peeps and been raised lots of times to.

It won't be the lack of a signed 'gentleman's agreement' that will run ppl off......it will be the not able to zone into an ark break 9 out of 10 times, Getting crits when fast traveling/loading coop/shopping/etc etc etc etc... that will make ppl jet.

Baines
09-25-2014, 11:53 AM
I almost always found the higher threat level stuff more entertaining, even when I was barely doing damage. Everything was more hectic and there were more targets.

The only exception is when I'm trying to run a sniper rifle on an area, and someone arriving changes it from a one-hit kill weapon to a two-hit kill weapon. And then I generally just switch to a more in-your-face weapon set, because you can just snipe stuff in a later battle.

As for leeching, I have sometimes had to go idle. Real life happens, after all. And there are cases where you are legitimately just passing through an area, only for the game to credit you as part of it. Mind, there are also glitches where you are part of a battle, only for the scoreboard at the end to say that you only did a tenth of the work that you performed at the least on your end. (Had this happen a night or two ago. Built up a score of 11,000+ on a random "destroy the crystal" arkfall, hitting most of the enemies and killing a good number myself. Scoreboard pops up at the end, and the game said that I had 9 kills with a score of 1,000.)

Chocolatelover67
09-25-2014, 06:25 PM
trallie graveyard solo instructions.

1 get to part where u have to protect the core while its being taken over by eren.
2 climb on roof and shoot DM from roof.
3 use ammo spikes when needed and protection spikes when needed.
4 use weapons with area effects such as big boomers or area sapressers. or even crimefighter.
5 use decoy to cluster enamys
6 attack clustered enamys,

that is how i complet the mission solo. when there are no other people around to bother me. i also use a bmg when im realy bored o.o i dont get what every ones problum is soloing this mission. its easy as pie. the only time its hard as when you have 1 or 2 other people there and the threat level is high. then its hard.

same with sutro tower. agine another easy to solo site. compleatly easy to finish. even with others there.

but thats just me.

and to the guy thanking us for boostin his threat level

ill make sure i keep doing it :) if your on PC NA every time im on

And what about Alamo Park? How do you deal with that one?

JadedSinn
09-25-2014, 06:35 PM
And what about Alamo Park? How do you deal with that one?

is that the one with all the DM and the monolith that your highjacking for rosa ? if so

:D BMG with a 3% damage charge :D took me 5 mins to compleate solo.

and thats at a threat level 5 for ego 5035 o.o im perma stuck at that ego till i compleate a few.. persutes hehe anyway :) thats how i get though everything BMG oe my trusty AR i got from the season one epasode missions. i tricked one out with fire one out with rad and one out with its origanel nano of electrisity :) the fire one does some heavy damage to DM

Dandrielas
09-25-2014, 06:40 PM
I do feel bad for the people getting the TL increase, but I am not going to leave what I am doing because of it. I survived through it. They can too.

DJ51
09-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Ajaxtu has the right attitude here, I have a few avatars and even a 170 ego one , sure it may get harder when the fight goes T/L 10 but the rewards for just getting close to a kill shot or just shooting the enemy go up also so it evens out , but leeches etc and griefers have never been welcome for many reasons right from way back in the early days , just my two cents but it is now what it is "As made by Trion".... lets just kill things

Demonsoul109
09-25-2014, 07:34 PM
There is a silver lining to having a high EGO arrive. Just switch to that loadout you have been using just for leveling weapons or load a weapon you want leveled and get to leveling it. The more shooting you do the faster it goes up. Im 1500 EGO and welcome 5000+ EGOs to show up. Bring the pain ive got guns that need love.

Makoto Jadow
09-25-2014, 07:39 PM
i call that cowardice if i see threat level going up and enemies getting stronger i just put more bullets in them....

Chocolatelover67
09-25-2014, 11:56 PM
is that the one with all the DM and the monolith that your highjacking for rosa ? if so

:D BMG with a 3% damage charge :D took me 5 mins to compleate solo.

and thats at a threat level 5 for ego 5035 o.o im perma stuck at that ego till i compleate a few.. persutes hehe anyway :) thats how i get though everything BMG oe my trusty AR i got from the season one epasode missions. i tricked one out with fire one out with rad and one out with its origanel nano of electrisity :) the fire one does some heavy damage to DM

AR Is that the gun Nolan gives to you? I lost mine.... You can't buy that at vendors :(

Belle Starr
09-26-2014, 02:20 AM

I love doing this one solo, but I have a 5550+ EGO and a great shield with up-to-date OJ weapons. I basically do hit and run on protect the hub, and even go to where Dark Matter's gates are and take them out there when I can. I save my cloak for when my shield breaks and retreat, and use my VBI-EEC SMG most of the time so I often get Blur too. Most important, I think is to use the cover in that conflict, and there is a lot of it, so not everyone can shoot you at the same time, and don't be afraid to retreat and hide behind that cover. If it gets too hot, I often go out one door of the hub to go around the building and attack from a less protected side.:)

Oh, and I use lots of grenades and ammo spikes! :D

Untamed1
09-26-2014, 03:12 AM
I don't see a reason to leave. I simply swap my loadout to my team support one. I heal and revive the low ego players while stripping armor and killing enemies. I think that makes my presence more tolerable for them.

Lubber
09-26-2014, 04:53 AM
This is an MMO game, so it is obvious that it would always be low- and high- level players, or simply someone that plays better than you, either because of skills or gear. It is never a surprise, so I see no problem with level difference on either side.
My only rule of etiquette for this particular game (if I am not teamed up and have special arrangements) with no dependence on EGO rating is:
If you are able to withstand damage while reviving someone - do it.
I usually pay attention for minimap while in a fight, so it is rather simply to detect if someone need help. The only exception (confirming the rule) is WarMonkey encounter, where the time is crucial and it is much more efficient for the result if people just extract on top floor. Never revive there intentionally even if I know that we would fail, just to show people my point.
I do not care of TL much, never did even when at low EGO, though step between TL 7 to TL 10 is drastic.
My advise is, if you feel that the TL is high for you - stay with the group. Don't go dumb saying like "I've just dawned 6-pack of Volge Troopers single-handedly at TL 2 so I'd go to the other side of the encounter to slay another pack, cause I don't want to play with other"... Big mistake. If you stay close to high EGO players or, even better, shoot the same mobs - you would not have trouble at all, because all aggro would be on high-EGOs. You would also get much more score!