PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Renewed: Season Three

TrickDempsey
09-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Ark hunters,

We’re proud to confirm the rumors: Syfy has renewed Defiance for a third season to be released on 2015!

The New Frontier is changing. Votan and Human cities alike lay crumbling under the force of terraforming weaponry. Refugees flee onto the frontier, and warlords rise to stake their claim in the chaos.

Is this the end of the Earth Republic? Will civilization descend into a new Pale War or will we rise above in a spirit of Defiance?

Explore an ever-changing world in Defiance now, and watch the stories unfold in Syfy’s dramatic television series in 2015!

Good hunting!

Trick Dempsey, Creative Lead

Read the full article on the website. (http://trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/09/25/defiance-renewed-season-three/)

DrTogobban
09-25-2014, 12:16 PM
That's great and all, but I'm sure I speak for many here when I ask what this means for the game, and the level of any interaction between the two media will be next year. I'm sure the answer will be that it's still in discussion and TBD, but at the same time I'm sure there are a few rough ideas over the past year.

Hopefully the upcoming Aftermath patch will at least point us in the right direction as to what to expect in the coming months.

Watson121
09-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!

Vega
09-25-2014, 01:10 PM
          

SanCarioca
09-25-2014, 01:48 PM
First of all: great news! I don't watch the show, I only play the game, but that's obviously good news for both parts.

That's great and all, but I'm sure I speak for many here when I ask what this means for the game, and the level of any interaction between the two media will be next year. I'm sure the answer will be that it's still in discussion and TBD, but at the same time I'm sure there are a few rough ideas over the past year.

For now, my only comment on what I'd expect regarding season 3 is the return of the EGO Codes giveaway per episode. That was always exciting to wait for, and we had great freebies last season.

Sliverbaer
09-25-2014, 01:54 PM
w00t another season for hidden easter eggs!

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/14898791496_e1330837ab.jpg
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171764-So-the-Golden-Gate-is-Fixed-!

DrTogobban
09-25-2014, 02:01 PM
First of all: great news! I don't watch the show, I only play the game, but that's obviously good news for both parts.

For now, my only comment on what I'd expect regarding season 3 is the return of the EGO Codes giveaway per episode. That was always exciting to wait for, and we had great freebies last season.

They were fun, but I'd really like to see more hidden like it was pre-launch, instead of just waiting for them to be posted on the forums.

Cavadus
09-25-2014, 04:03 PM
...the level of any interaction between the two media will be next year.

What interaction? All we got this year were ARK codes. It's not going to get better next year. I'd be thankful if the game still exists by next year; that's clearly the only expectation we're supposed to have at this point.

MadDogTremor
09-25-2014, 04:14 PM
YAY!

http://img.pandawhale.com/102709-Carlton-dance-gif-Imgur-EgpU.gif

MadDogTremor
09-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Oh and by the way Trick....the link you posted doesn't work. Gives the error "Server not found....".

Menov
09-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Ark hunters,

We’re proud to confirm the rumors: Syfy has renewed Defiance for a third season to be released on 2015!

The New Frontier is changing. Votan and Human cities alike lay crumbling under the force of terraforming weaponry. Refugees flee onto the frontier, and warlords rise to stake their claim in the chaos.

Is this the end of the Earth Republic? Will civilization descend into a new Pale War or will we rise above in a spirit of Defiance?

Explore an ever-changing world in Defiance now, and watch the stories unfold in Syfy’s dramatic television series in 2015!

Good hunting!

Trick Dempsey, Creative Lead

Read the full article on the website. (http://trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/09/25/defiance-renewed-season-three/)

This is great news for the show and looking forward to new content coming to the game. Love the show, second season was great and I hope it continues the trend into the next season of the show in 2015.

What interaction? All we got this year were ARK codes. It's not going to get better next year. I'd be thankful if the game still exists by next year; that's clearly the only expectation we're supposed to have at this point.

Some people just want to see the world burn.

DrTogobban
09-25-2014, 06:57 PM
What interaction? All we got this year were ARK codes.

That was pretty much my question.

While we haven't seen much, if any, direct interaction, we have seen some plot convergences. My question was more along those lines, as to how much of an impact this season will have in the Aftermath patch (seems like a decent (albeit small) amount), and if the next 6-8 months of the game prior to season 3 will setup the plot for future episodes.

Mr666
09-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Trick you kind of told us this at last weeks live stream but official word is always good

Deadseries
09-27-2014, 11:39 AM
When I saw barth in season 2, I started looking for him in game for new blade varieties.