PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Colors

Grey
04-03-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm no "n00b" when it comes to the weapon color catalog system but what in the world is the red/yellow hue color? It floats/highlights some weapons on the ground, and the weapons themselves seem to be any random color of rarity, and yes I know about the advanced weapons and such, these are just random guns.

Thedjectivenoun
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm no "n00b" when it comes to the weapon color catalog system but what in the world is the red/yellow hue color? It floats/highlights some weapons on the ground, and the weapons themselves seem to be any random color of rarity, and yes I know about the advanced weapons and such, these are just random guns.

Are you asking the color of the weapons. as in
Grey (useless)
White (common)
Green (Uncommon)
Blue (Rare)
Purple (Epic)
Orange (Legendary)

Myst
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Grey (useless)
White (common)
Green (Uncommon)
Blue (Rare)
Purple (Epic)
Orange (Legendary)

Thank goodness I've been wondering what they were this entire time.

FuzzyAdmiral
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
I too have seen the red/yellow floaty, ghosty, wierdy, thingy, hovering over dropped loot. No idea wth it is . Just thought I would stop by and be useless ;) cheers

thejx4
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
But...honestly, what's the point? Most of my weapons aren't even epic, and they have better stats than the Epic weapons I do have

Paladin
04-03-2013, 08:02 PM
The hue you're talking about I think is either a Power Weapon or an Elemental weapon.

Smaqy
04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
OOOOOOHHHH really! that would explain things

AddictedNoob
04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
I feel like all the guns are underpowered. My frist major arkfall I did I didn't win because the bug we had to kill had inf hp due to all the people around me (my whole mini map was purple).

tordana
04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
I've noticed this too, and it's most often on white, non-elemental weapons. (or on power weapons, but that use is intended and obvious)

Areiela Hunter
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Grey (useless)
White (common)
Green (Uncommon)
Blue (Rare)
Purple (Epic)
Orange (Legendary)

Thanks! I figured that might be the order, but it's good to get confirmation.

thejx4
04-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I feel like all the guns are underpowered. My frist major arkfall I did I didn't win because the bug we had to kill had inf hp due to all the people around me (my whole mini map was purple).

That's the problem. The scaling ****ing sucks.

Roewan
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
There are certain "power" weapons that give off a crazy orange/red glow and are mainly dropped during single-player, instanced missions (although I've seen the drop elsewhere). Their use is limited, and once you expend the given "ammo" or "charge" associated with that specific weapon, it vanishes (more Trion magic). These weapons are insanely powerful and often one-shot enemies. I've had the Pulverizer a number of times -- it has a regular melee ability, a "ground pound" AoE secondary attack, and give the player a damage shield that doesn't seem to break.

Man With No Name
04-03-2013, 08:56 PM
But...honestly, what's the point? Most of my weapons aren't even epic, and they have better stats than the Epic weapons I do have

I think the modding has a lot to do with it. Don't qoute me but so far I have gotten 2 epics and I am able to fully mod em (all 4 slots) as opposed to lower colors where it's limited. If someone who has gotten a lot more epics (purples) could let me know about this I would appreciate it. I have no Idea about legendaries though, only one I've gotten was a grenade ; ;

Dracontius
04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
This color coding sucks for people with color blindness or partially color blindness aka me. I can't tell whether something if blue or purple. And in some cases, the green and orange.... great, I'm like I hope this is good.

Ra1dMaX
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
most likely a elemental weapon drop the yellow/red sphere above a weapon....at least so far that i have discovered the ones with a sphere above them that have dropped off random/minibosses all had some sort of elemental property

about power weapons those have the red sphere alot closer to the weapon....found the minigun quite fun...shame you move like a snail while wearing it oh and love the big fist thingy with the shield shame it doesnt last long but nontheless fun to go head first into a big group and smash them xD

ssgt rj
04-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks! I figured that might be the order, but it's good to get confirmation.

Thanks for the very useful info....

starshipindy
07-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I too have seen the red/yellow floaty, ghosty, wierdy, thingy, hovering over dropped loot. No idea wth it is . Just thought I would stop by and be useless ;) cheers

I've noticed when it is over weapons during a battle, they are usually single use weapons, like rocket launchers and grenade launchers. If that helps.