PDA

View Full Version : Another unplayable weekend

Bonehead
09-27-2014, 03:01 PM
This lag is getting old. Really old.
The game is unplayable for me today.
I have lagged when with others and when by my self.
Just a sad state when it's like this every weekend now.

Old McTrion had a server farm

e-i-e-i-o

And on that farm there was some lag

e-i-e-i-o

With a lag lag here and a lag lag there

here a lag there a lag everywhere a lag lag

Old McTrion had a farm

e-i-e-i-f***ing-o

AllGamer
09-27-2014, 03:39 PM
LMAO :D thanks for brightening up my day :p

Bonehead
09-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Okay that's it. Gonna go spend some time in New Vegas.

Atticus Batman
09-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Go kill a Deathclaw (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)) or 2 for me!

{edited to add to it}

Not sure if I am going to play Defiance, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Halo: reach, or Red dead redemption later. However now I am considering playing either Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas later.

Btw did you ever see the 1989, Randy Quaid movie: Parents (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098068/)? It reminds me of the families in Fallout 3, in Andale (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Andale).

Market
09-27-2014, 04:20 PM
dang, man, that sucks... I was on for the last three hours or so and didn't see so much as a stutter. There were a few people in Zone complaining about it, though.

Still, I got a good laugh out of this, so thanks for the song! lol

crazyged
09-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey Market, good seeing a forumite on NA tonight! Think I'll take my scrawny new little toon and build up Sachek number two!

NA can't be any worse than the EU servers - I'm just as far from either of them!

Mia Faith
09-27-2014, 04:38 PM
I could not start the game all week on steam. But my other games work

Xaat Xuun
09-27-2014, 05:10 PM
did you check the battery ?
might have a Starter going , may want to check that . . if the starter is Growling, then yeah, you need a new starter

. .

Lorchra
09-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Wanted to play some Star Trek Online, but guess what, their server also went belly up. But.... at least they noticed it and sent out status updates on Twitter (but the rollback did hurt a few people).

LegendaryU2K
09-27-2014, 06:19 PM
At this very moment everyone is lagging in PC NA server. :mad:

TremerChrist
09-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Wait til "Aftermath" hits. Also, does "Aftermath" refer to the state of the game after the "DEATHPATCH"? I was curious as to what fun would be nerfed out of the game this time. Its wonderful having most my friends and clan quit the game, don't have to worry about anyone jumping to me and raising the threat level.

AllGamer
09-27-2014, 07:31 PM
it's 10:30 PM EST, PC-NA still a no go

I still can't play any Siege for more than 5 min before it freezes everything, and need to re-log

I can do single player side missions just fine, but it does lag, at least it's not "in-game" life threatening :p

combats are unaffected in single player, but whenever you finish a mission, or hit V to spawn the Bike, it takes a good second before it shows up, or if you need to scan something, it takes a bit to show you the option to do the scan.

so yes overall the server is lagging horribly

Demonsoul109
09-27-2014, 10:41 PM
I quit playing around midnight est. spent over an hour doing a Sutoro Tower side mission. Every time id get to the point where i would have to restart the generators id get DCed at the same point every time. Relog start again and same thing freeze up and cant finish.

JadedSinn
09-27-2014, 10:47 PM

dont use steam. plane clean simple. delete the steam copy of the game go onto the main defiance.com site. and download glyph and then download the glyph copy of defiance. this way. you can click on glyphs setings and click on advanced. and click " close after game loads" AND YOU WONT BE WAISTING RAM :D yay

steam is an ungly ram dump its garbage when playing games. its allways one. allways laging you and allways takeing up much needed ram for other things. even if your runing 40 gigs of ram. its still somehow going to lag you. i dont know how it does. but the dang thing does. so get rid of steam defiance .and get glyph only defiance today :) for all your defiance needs :)

no disrespect or hate i just try and point every one away from steam when it comes to defiance. for some reason. steam and defiance dont like one another so steam trys to lag it out and does a farly good job of it o.o

edit . on topic. i skiped out and ran off to go play trove becuse i got hooked up with a free code from one of my fave sites to get free codes from >.> anyway. mmobomb.com <.< anyway was haveing fun playing it no lag at all o.o and i was saprsed my garbage pc could handel the game at all o.o smooth as silk and better then minecraft muahah. anyway. havent tryed defiance tonight. didnt feel like it. not realy up for trying to log in over and over agine. o.o or atempting to log into the server at all. so i feel for you all :) may you get some play time in this weekened. or if you dont. o.o i know this is a scary thought. maybe go outside. and get some air o.o i know im going to... even if it is just the back porch ...

Rattler20200
09-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm running through Steam, and haven't had any problems. Then again... I get a Glyph launcher when I open it through Steam anyways. *shrug*

However I refuse to get ARC to play STO. I'll stick with my Steam copy.

Demonsoul109
09-27-2014, 11:35 PM
dont use steam. plane clean simple. delete the steam copy of the game go onto the main defiance.com site. and download glyph and then download the glyph copy of defiance. this way. you can click on glyphs setings and click on advanced. and click " close after game loads" AND YOU WONT BE WAISTING RAM :D yay

steam is an ungly ram dump its garbage when playing games. its allways one. allways laging you and allways takeing up much needed ram for other things. even if your runing 40 gigs of ram. its still somehow going to lag you. i dont know how it does. but the dang thing does. so get rid of steam defiance .and get glyph only defiance today :) for all your defiance needs :)

no disrespect or hate i just try and point every one away from steam when it comes to defiance. for some reason. steam and defiance dont like one another so steam trys to lag it out and does a farly good job of it o.o
You and i have had this conversation before Since our last conversation i have removed steam from the equation and still had no effect. I lowered my setting like you suggested no change then i closed Teamspeak and guess what no change. Unless you can show me documented proof of these things causing Defiance to lag im gonna have to say your logic is wrong. Now i mean no disrespect to you but i have since restored everything back to the way it was. Game is still functioning the way it always has. Some days its flawless and nights like tonight i cant even finish a mission. Also I dont know what your hatred of steam is but its misleading some people to go through alot of trouble for literally nothing. Me personally i dont mind going through a bit of inconvenience to prove someone wrong.

JadedSinn
09-28-2014, 12:12 AM
You and i have had this conversation before Since our last conversation i have removed steam from the equation and still had no effect. I lowered my setting like you suggested no change then i closed Teamspeak and guess what no change. Unless you can show me documented proof of these things causing Defiance to lag im gonna have to say your logic is wrong. Now i mean no disrespect to you but i have since restored everything back to the way it was. Game is still functioning the way it always has. Some days its flawless and nights like tonight i cant even finish a mission. Also I dont know what your hatred of steam is but its misleading some people to go through alot of trouble for literally nothing. Me personally i dont mind going through a bit of inconvenience to prove someone wrong.

hay its you ! guess it only seems to work for me then, but it allready has been proven that both steam and team speak are ram dumps :) if your runing windows 8 open your task manager when you have them all runing and take a look at the % of ram being used while useing each of them all at once. and then compare them to when you dont have them runing. over all without them runing your useing less ram witch leaves more open for the game to use if it needs it. where as if you have all thes things runing in the background it is takeing up ram that could be used else where.

but i do have to admit. if your playing on a weekened. its not your side its trions. o.o weekends i dont play. i play week days when the weekened warriors are not on. and lag is at its lowest. wotch also accounts for why my system even as garbagey as it is runs so smooth. :: shrug ::

just a thought though. o.o do check your ram usage next time you have EVERYTHING runing at one time, i think ull be saprised :)

edit. :: my other games i played on steam i took off steam as well and thay stoped laging such as my borderlands 2 my CODMW2 and a few F2P games i got though steam. once steam was removed from the equation . no lag in them. steam stoped suckin up ram and i had more then enough for all the games i enjoyed . the real test was that space ninja game i forgot the name of it think its warframe or something o,o it pushed my system to its limits. with steam runing. moment steam was turned off and i ran the game without it. no lag. my system thanked me by leting me play it smoothly.

and all of thes where befor i came to defiance. along with a huge list of other games all f2P from other companys, even ESO ran smooth when i was runing beta for it. and its a 4 gig ram game o.o i ran it on 2 atleast i think it was 4gig ram ... may be wrong. havent played it sence it was released as a b2p

Demonsoul109
09-28-2014, 12:54 AM
hay its you ! guess it only seems to work for me then, but it allready has been proven that both steam and team speak are ram dumps :) if your runing windows 8 open your task manager when you have them all runing and take a look at the % of ram being used while useing each of them all at once. and then compare them to when you dont have them runing. over all without them runing your useing less ram witch leaves more open for the game to use if it needs it. where as if you have all thes things runing in the background it is takeing up ram that could be used else where.

but i do have to admit. if your playing on a weekened. its not your side its trions. o.o weekends i dont play. i play week days when the weekened warriors are not on. and lag is at its lowest. wotch also accounts for why my system even as garbagey as it is runs so smooth. :: shrug ::

just a thought though. o.o do check your ram usage next time you have EVERYTHING runing at one time, i think ull be saprised :)

Ok Ive excepted your challenge and here is my results and it was no surprise.
Without TS, Steam, and Defiance my cpu usage was 2% and memory was 2.98 gig (using windows 7 pro btw)

With TS, Steam, running cpu was 2% and memory was 2.98 gig with a spike of 2.99 gig

With TS, Steam, and Defiance my cpu jumped to 13% and memory went to 3.15 gig

That was hardly tasking my pc at all. This may have worked for you due to your system being slow and freeing up just 20 meg of memory makes a world of difference. My pc is capable of running way more than what im running on it so the problem isnt on my end or the stuff im running on my pc its Trion.

edit. :: my other games i played on steam i took off steam as well and thay stoped laging such as my borderlands 2 my CODMW2 and a few F2P games i got though steam. once steam was removed from the equation . no lag in them. steam stoped suckin up ram and i had more then enough for all the games i enjoyed . the real test was that space ninja game i forgot the name of it think its warframe or something o,o it pushed my system to its limits. with steam runing. moment steam was turned off and i ran the game without it. no lag. my system thanked me by leting me play it smoothly.

and all of thes where befor i came to defiance. along with a huge list of other games all f2P from other companys, even ESO ran smooth when i was runing beta for it. and its a 4 gig ram game o.o i ran it on 2 atleast i think it was 4gig ram ... may be wrong. havent played it sence it was released as a b2p

Ok I play Boarderlands 2 (sometimes hosting with 4 friends), STO With the 20 man Fleet Blockade and other raids, Along with a few other games that i often host through Steam also running Teamspeak every time and i get no lag from any of them Well STO has its moments but it isnt enough to disconnect me and make me log out and log back in. And it isnt just me when it happens its server wide. Also Each game i Play i Run on max settings with no trouble. Defiance is not that advanced of a game to cause my pc trouble. My rig will probably be able to run GTA5 on max settings even with the new enhancements R* has made to PC Xbox1 and PS4. So once again it is Trions issue not mine.

JadedSinn
09-28-2014, 01:10 AM
Ok Ive excepted your challenge and here is my results and it was no surprise.
Without TS, Steam, and Defiance my cpu usage was 2% and memory was 2.98 gig (using windows 7 pro btw)

With TS, Steam, running cpu was 2% and memory was 2.98 gig with a spike of 2.99 gig

With TS, Steam, and Defiance my cpu jumped to 13% and memory went to 3.15 gig

That was hardly tasking my pc at all. This may have worked for you due to your system being slow and freeing up just 20 meg of memory makes a world of difference. My pc is capable of running way more than what im running on it so the problem isnt on my end or the stuff im running on my pc its Trion.

like i said. trions end for you. :) but if you note there is a jump in usage. :) it may not be much on your system becuse its made for gameing but think of the millions of people out there that have rigs like mine a simple lap top bought at wallmart ot best buy that was never ment to be used for gameing.

a large majority of players on defiance complane about lag becuse there on systems like mine :) not every one can aford that gameing PC thay want or the gameing laptop thay want. but hay to each there own. for the lower end users it helps. for the higher end users. maybe not as much but you have to admit. it does show that there is a spike in ram usage and that even if its a small one it can make a diffrance with some peoples pc :) may not work for you . but i know a few it has :) thank you by the way for atleast trying it. im sorry it didnt help.

another side tip im hearing more and more of. and im going to asume you are allready. but if you hard line insted of wifi your net. while playing you have a better connection and that can also reduce lag. i dont hard line my self becuse i dont have the 30 foot ethernet cord to do so. but it can help some people :)

anyway. another of my own tips. never play on a weekened. its the best one i got. save your gameing for the weekdays or realy realy late at night on weekends around say the time servers restart. fewer people on then and less lag at thes times. but thats just me. o.o i can get away with being on odd hours of the night like i am right now. where as some people cant.

agine though thank you for trying my set up atleast. hope you can find a way around the lag. some how.

Bonehead
09-28-2014, 01:11 AM
My pc is capable of running way more than what im running on it so the problem isnt on my end or the stuff im running on my pc its Trion.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/clip-art-bingo-442587_zps130b9ebf.jpg

Demonsoul109
09-28-2014, 01:47 AM
like i said. trions end for you. :) but if you note there is a jump in usage. :) it may not be much on your system becuse its made for gameing but think of the millions of people out there that have rigs like mine a simple lap top bought at wallmart ot best buy that was never ment to be used for gameing.

a large majority of players on defiance complane about lag becuse there on systems like mine :) not every one can aford that gameing PC thay want or the gameing laptop thay want. but hay to each there own. for the lower end users it helps. for the higher end users. maybe not as much but you have to admit. it does show that there is a spike in ram usage and that even if its a small one it can make a diffrance with some peoples pc :) may not work for you . but i know a few it has :) thank you by the way for atleast trying it. im sorry it didnt help.

another side tip im hearing more and more of. and im going to asume you are allready. but if you hard line insted of wifi your net. while playing you have a better connection and that can also reduce lag. i dont hard line my self becuse i dont have the 30 foot ethernet cord to do so. but it can help some people :)

anyway. another of my own tips. never play on a weekened. its the best one i got. save your gameing for the weekdays or realy realy late at night on weekends around say the time servers restart. fewer people on then and less lag at thes times. but thats just me. o.o i can get away with being on odd hours of the night like i am right now. where as some people cant.

agine though thank you for trying my set up atleast. hope you can find a way around the lag. some how.
People gaming on laptops is probably the biggest problem i agree. What alot of people dont realize is thay could build a really good gaming rig for just a tiny bit more. Example A "good" laptop at walmart cost around 400 to 600 My Rig cost less than $400 but i already had the case and the monitor. That and i know someone with extra win 7 keys. So for the price of a GOOD laptop you could have a solid gaming rig. You just have to build it yourself or have someone help you it isnt hard to do really. Also you have to watch the flash sales at newegg there are some really awesome deals if ya catch them. I realize alot of people use laptops for work and game on it also. If they are gonna do that get a Gaming laptop and wright it off as a work expense. Other than that save the laptop for netflix and facebook. If ya plan on gaming stay out of walmart and best buy prebuild pc's are way over priced for what you get.

Wilhelm Keitel
09-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Trion just needs to close down these crap servers and refund any money ever spent by anyone on this game.
If they can not fix it they should just close it and move on.

Lorchra
09-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Seeing that another player used PingPlotter to diagnose their connection to Trion's server, I decided to give it a try myself.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee116/MillaMerani/PingPlotterSummary2014-09-281851_zps1600e632.png~original

The big red line at around 16:43 is the time when I lagged out during a progenitor final stage. It seems there are regular lag spikes and 100% packet loss periods around the next to last hop. Jitter also seems to climb slowly and then drop back to normal levels at fairly regular intervals.