PDA

View Full Version : Manual Detonation Button

Philote
04-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Reposting this here since it's more important for PC users than console users:

Whose idea was it to put this on the R key, the same key used for reload? Guessing it was leftovers from button mapping for the console version. Is there a way to make these two functions separate? Because if not, this was a pretty sloppy choice by the devs. While it makes perfect sense for a single shot weapon like a rocket launcher, it makes some weapons completely unusable in any efficient way.

Like the grenade launcher that requires manual detonation of sticky bombs. It has a 2 shell clip, and every time you detonate a grenade, the weapon automatically reloads. Every time. Meaning, if you don't want to be reloading at an inopportune moment or getting killed in pvp before you can finish someone off, you have to completely unload your clip and hope both of your grenades hit your target. You can't fire one off and keep one in the clip to fire after, because you're constantly reloading. May not sound like a big deal with 2 grenades (it is, trust me), but I was planning to add a mod that extends my clip size by 3, so I'd be working with 5 grenades instead of 2. With the weapon reloading constantly, that'd be pointless unless I fired off 5 grenades all at once before detonating, using up my ammo quickly as the gun can only hold 40 shells.

Please tell me this wasn't intended.

Synra
04-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Yes, that's yet another aspect of the interface and controls that's incredibly ill conceived. Have you taken a good look at the keymappings? The game seems to utilizes nearly every freaking key on the keyboard! So much for keeping it simple. It has lots of hotkeys for all those endless menus. I actually had to rebind some keys just to make room for my vent push to talk key.

And yet, despite using so many keys, the game does not have a seperate 'detonate' button, nor a PTT key for it's own voice chat!

Shismar
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
No autorun key or loadout selector key either. Not to mention that just one key binding for a function is not state of the art either. Consoles shooter ... PC version sadly shows.

Philote
04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Yes, that's yet another aspect of the interface and controls that's incredibly ill conceived. Have you taken a good look at the keymappings? The game seems to utilizes nearly every freaking key on the keyboard! So much for keeping it simple. It has lots of hotkeys for all those endless menus. I actually had to rebind some keys just to make room for my vent push to talk key.

And yet, despite using so many keys, the game does not have a seperate 'detonate' button, nor a PTT key for it's own voice chat!
That was exactly my issue, yeah. They took the time to make separate controls for the PC version, yet this garbage still exists. Guess it slipped through the cracks.