PDA

View Full Version : [FAQ]Beta question - Is there a continually beta running ?

Vaupell
02-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Question :
At the title says
Is there a beta running at the moment, or is the beta only those short weekends ?

Reason :
Im intruiged by the game videos on youtube, and wondering if i should preorder,
If there is a beta running, then i will preorder at once.
If the beta is just those weekends, i wont preorder.
Reason for that is, ive tryed mmos before where the beta testing where only selected weekends
and i just feel i had a bad experience with those games, because it took so long after launch for the
games actually to get the bugs patched out, that should have been removed in the beta ;)

Good weekend..

Martin.

Glitch
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
At this time, there's not a continual Beta running. Rather the beta testing is a series of stress tests which help the developers to see how mechanics, programming, servers, etc hold up under a heavier load for an extended period of time.

However there is a continually running alpha test which from what has been revealed tends to be running all the time, with the exception of going down every so often for patching, maintenance or other purposes.

Also seeing as it is your first post, I would like to welcome you to the forums. :) Also if you are interested in an opportunity in getting selected for the Alpha test there is a link found here, " http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1557-Want-to-join-our-Closed-Alpha-Come-introduce-yourself! " where you can post either in conversation, or make an introduction of yourself (many do both) and every so often a moderator who is watching this will send out a few invitations for the alpha test.

Vaupell
02-03-2013, 09:34 AM
At this time, there's not a continual Beta running. Rather the beta testing is a series of stress tests which help the developers to see how mechanics, programming, servers, etc hold up under a heavier load for an extended period of time.

However there is a continually running alpha test which from what has been revealed tends to be running all the time, with the exception of going down every so often for patching, maintenance or other purposes.

Thank you for a quick reply.
That was all the info i needed.

I was a pleasure visiting the forums, people (a person) where nice
but I'm off to check out the next game in the lineup for soon to be released.

Bye.

Martin.

Valethar
02-03-2013, 03:18 PM

After watching Friday's Twitch stream, I have to wonder how many of those were on purpose. I can totally see someone on the other end flipping the switch at random and laughing themselves silly as Lance and the others were trying to play their matches.

Hey, it was Beer Friday after all, and I would have done it. :cool:

Sarcon
02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
the only continous running build of the game is the alpha which is constantly receiving new builds, esp like on the live stream when they were working out some small bugs for the upcoming beta weekend (which is more a server stress test than a debugging beta).

P.S. as stated by the dev team there are only a handful of people in the alpha that are not the devs.

Glitch
02-03-2013, 07:08 PM
After watching Friday's Twitch stream, I have to wonder how many of those were on purpose. I can totally see someone on the other end flipping the switch at random and laughing themselves silly as Lance and the others were trying to play their matches.

Sad part is that I could very well see that happening. It's also the best sort of trolling since there's nothing they can do about it xD

Kaoslion
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
That is too funny and yeah if it wouldn't cost me my job. I know I'd hit the switch on them just for ****s and giggles

Myll_Erik
02-04-2013, 10:26 AM

Eh - not on purpose by any means. It happened to be some of our Network Engineering folks plying with things.

FOLTHEON
02-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Eh - not on purpose by any means. It happened to be some of our Network Engineering folks plying with things.

Of course they'll say that.