PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you ask for

Z0mb13
09-30-2014, 08:17 PM
So I finally decided to cut a support ticket, regarding turret kills for arkfalls and uplinks II explaining how difficult it is to actually complete the pursuit. Support responded by completing the turret kills and thus the pursuit for me. Immediately after this my character could no longer queue for expert coops. I go to matchmaking, select say 101 Explosions, join and am then not presented with the three options, instead it queues me directly for easy. I replied back to the original issue (less than half an hour later) that this seemed to have impacted my ability to queue for expert coops, support then responded they could no longer help me or assist me with the issue or escalate further and that my only recourse was to file a bug. While it's great to be in an active guild and have friends to help me get my daily/weekly cores, I was rather enjoying queuing up with some of our lower level members and helping them complete as well.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess, I'd happily give the 15 ego back if I could queue for experts again.

Chump Norris
09-30-2014, 08:24 PM
I would try getting someone to take me into expert and beat it then see if the option comes back. If that didn't work I would make a new ticket and pass the # along to the great Kiwibird.

Bentu
09-30-2014, 11:37 PM
No way should you leave it at that, a few doors need banging on.

Obvious Obbe
10-01-2014, 03:54 AM
I had this happen as well and i found the work around. It is true you cannot select advanced or expert after they fix a broken pursuit through the normal match finder but... go to it through the quick menu (CTRL-key) and you will find you ARE able to set the difficulty level yourself.

I still have several broken pursuits with 3 side missions no longer being available because i have done them but the pursuits have never advanced. Not going to ask them to fix anything on my char ever again. You never know what they'll break next...

Hope this helps!

Z0mb13
10-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I had this happen as well and i found the work around. It is true you cannot select advanced or expert after they fix a broken pursuit through the normal match finder but... go to it through the quick menu (CTRL-key) and you will find you ARE able to set the difficulty level yourself.

I still have several broken pursuits with 3 side missions no longer being available because i have done them but the pursuits have never advanced. Not going to ask them to fix anything on my char ever again. You never know what they'll break next...

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip, I'll try this when I get home. I filed the bug Bentu, and additionally opened another support case. We'll see if they can help.

J8 Sky
10-01-2014, 12:29 PM
What ? you can send a support ticket for "arkfalls and uplinks II" just because it's hard ? and actually get support from it ?

I thought it was only for BUGGED pursuits, Hmmm.. i wasted countless hours to get only 35 Turret kills, i'm playing Defiance the wrong way than, i should have used my countless hours to write tickets till my EGO is maxed.

Thanks for the tip OP

Festival
10-01-2014, 02:35 PM
What ? you can send a support ticket for "arkfalls and uplinks II" just because it's hard ? and actually get support from it ?

I thought it was only for BUGGED pursuits, Hmmm.. i wasted countless hours to get only 35 Turret kills, i'm playing Defiance the wrong way than, i should have used my countless hours to write tickets till my EGO is maxed.

Thanks for the tip OP

I think a good argument can be made that the turret kill requirements for both Arkfalls and Uplinks pursuits are bugged. Vehicle damage from both collision and from the turret on the Cerebrus, along with vehicle hit points, didn't scale when the big changes hit the combat system (Bullet Sponge...). It is essentially impossible to kill anyone with the turret before they blow up the vehicle (unless they're standing there afk or just letting you*). Waiting for hours for un-moving noobs or AFK'ers (or gimmicking the system) is obviously not how it was intended to be, and because I suspect there's no plan to fix the problem (or any of the other messed up things in PvP) in the near future, they're just completing the pursuit for people.

* Some clans have gotten members onto opposite sides in Shadow War, grabbed a Cerebrus, and found an out of the way spot to trade turret kills. I'm not criticizing them for that (since the pursuit's messed up), but having to gimmick the system surely isn't how the devs wanted that pursuit to work. It's just something they forgot to account for when cooking up that steaming shtako pie that was the Bullet Sponge Patch.