PDA

View Full Version : Best nano for enemy types

whit
10-03-2014, 02:38 PM
I have various SMGs/ARs with different nanos , which nano (including no nano) would you choose to use against the various types of enemies ? For example, bio for volge, fire for bug. No switching allowed, only a single nano per enemy.

Belle Starr
10-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Before all the mathematicians start posting statistics and stuff, here are my personal preferences based on no scientific data whatsoever:

Fire - Afflicted (zombies) because they burn so well :p

Bio - Warmaster, and I guess Volge , because I find the bio eats through their armor nicely :)

Electricity - Raiders, because it can make large groups of them dance and not attack me! :D

Syphon - All, if I'm feeling particularly vulnerable and want to suck the energy out of my enemies! :cool:

Rad - Huh, I guess I don't use rad that much, but it is nice u can buy a mod for it at a vendor (as you can fire), so maybe if u can't get bio, its a good armor eating substitute! :)

I really like the new EGO perks that increase the armor and health damages of the nano weapons (except syphon), as it makes them more effective. :)

Fallen_Aingeal
10-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I use radiation on everything.

Statistically: {as discussed in another thread several months ago}

Bio - if all you're worried about is dropping shields
Incendiary - for health
Radiation - for both health and shields. Also to boost others that are shooting same target.
Electric - works great against 99'ers and their shields.
Syphon - has been nerfed to near uselessness.

Bonehead
10-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I use radiation on everything.

Statistically: {as discussed in another thread several months ago}

Bio - if all you're worried about is dropping shields
Incendiary - for health
Radiation - for both health and shields. Also to boost others that are shooting same target.
Electric - works great against 99'ers and their shields.
Syphon - has been nerfed to near uselessness.

^^^ Agree 97% ^^^

WanWhiteWolf
10-03-2014, 04:10 PM
If you use a single weapon than radiation is the best. I can show math /test results but might be too boring / not so interesting to follow. If you group for events then:

Bio - Volge / Arkfalls
Fire - Afflicted / Arkfalls
Electrical - No use
Syphon - No use
Rad - WM ,PvP, does good damage vs all units overall

Even for shielded units, rad will do almost the same damage as electrical (5% difference). But once the shield is gone electrical becomes weak and rad keeps "its power". Electrical is useful only vs Vishera and only if you have someone in your team that uses bio. Then it's more powerful than rad.

All suggestions take into account Threat level 10 and greater ego than 4000. For lower egos syphon might be good to stay alive. Although I never bothered with it since you have a lot of damage penalty with it.

PiccolaRivolta
10-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I must have Bio on almost all my weapons except the Wildcat because it comes with Radiation and some assault rifle.

Bio is as good as Radiation in my opinion, but they work differently and depends on taste...

Bio for more utility: takes off their armor plates, slows them down and makes enemies proc'ed to deal less damage (best against threat 10 robots/Bulwarks),

Radiation makes proc'ed enemies to recieve 25%+ damage from everyone shooting at it and your weapon ignores 2 armor plates itself. (best against "elites"/Bosses)

Having a Bio weapon lets you equip another grenade that isn't Bio. For example Shrill grenade. And viceversa (that's my playstyle anyway)

As for the other nanos, Fire is great against bosses and high crit weapons like sniper rifles/Wolfhound because a crit shot will always ignore their armor plates and you will make a guaranteed 50%+ damage on the target.

As for Electric... it has to be the most underpowered nano effect in my opinion, sure it's fun to chain stun enemies but you make half the damage to almost all enemies excluded Volge and 99ers shields.

And Syphon... well , it can be a life saver for a new player overwhelmed of T10 enemies... nothing else really. Plus you have 1/4 weapon damage cut everytime.

Plain weapon is meh as well in my opinion, sure it gives the weapon more base damage (5/10/20%) depending on nano but it doesn't give do any extra effect on the enemies.

Also if you have the DLCs you can get some handy perks that help each nano effect: Radiation and Fire can have a whopping 15% of raw damage more, faster armor break and ignore for Bio, 15% damage to shields/health for Electric and more shield/health drains from Syphon.

J8 Sky
10-03-2014, 05:06 PM
For most effective kills without switching nano - simplified

Fire or Detonators - for everything without a shield
Radiation - for everything with a shield
Bio - for Warmaster

Bonehead
10-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Also if you have the DLCs you can get some handy perks that help each nano effect: Radiation and Fire can have a whopping 15% of raw damage more, faster armor break and ignore for Bio, 15% damage to shields/health for Electric and more shield/health drains from Syphon.

Credit where it's due, those were some well thought out and well implemented perk changes.

JadedSinn
10-03-2014, 09:27 PM
electricity can be used agenst DM snipers and troopers and anything with a shield it does more damage to shields for some reason. but also bio does some heavy damage to shields also

i roll with alot of fire nano weapons and alot of bio weapons. but mostly fire at the moment.

i use rad weapons in PVP due to that being the only nano on the sniper i use. and dont feel like trying to change it.

syphon works solo if you want to stay alive. best implication is for minor ark falls . (( not ark breaks )) that you want to solo

but thes are my own prafrances. what i use each nano for.

crazyged
10-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I've been using mainly Bio (Needler), but I enjoy fire as well.

My syphon Tachmag doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to - that thing won a lot of Madeira incursions for me!

My bio needler drops just about anything really quickly, so I stick to that, mainly.

Alessondria
10-04-2014, 04:51 AM
FIRE deals 50% more damgae to health but does crap vs shields
ELECTRIC deals 50% more damage to shields but does crap vs health
RADIATION bypasses a few armor plates, DoT trigger can errode plates... best overall type as it does decent damage to shields & health
BIOLOGICAL damages armor plating outright and can slow
SYPHON can steal small amount of shields or large amounts of health

When I do Volge sieges I use a electric rifle with an 80 mag clip to take down shields and then switch to my fire crimefighter to deal damage to health. This works great as long as there is no lag. Its my overcharge set up so I can do MASSIVE damage on a fully charged overcharge-infused crimefighter glob against a visera with no shields. I think electric nano is under rated as I see sooooo many people fighting volge having issues and my gun rips right through their shield. Its a very effective gun loadout.

Anything with 7+ plates I use bio weapons on to eat them down. I use a bio VBI SMG, casti weaver BMG, decoy build great for support: major Arkfall boss events with lots of people. Use the gun to eat off the plates from the big buys and let everyone else DPS them. Then I use BMG to be a heal bot and drop DPS spikes.

When I am fighting bandits or stuff up to threat level 5 or 6 I use my blurr build: dual shot radiation VOT Fragger pump shotgun (12 pellets x damage x 2 shots) because it hits like a truck and triggers corrosion quite often. My best gun but only have 7.5 shots. The backup is casti blade. Because radiation is good against everything equally its a good all-purpose weapon safe to keep out against most enemy types. But when I see tough claimjumpers, 00ers, volge I get my electric/ fire loadout.

I have a syphon dual shot sawed-off but I don't use it much. I find it the least likely to trigger a nano effect and those guns always do less damage. But when I fight incursions and see hulkers I like to use the weapon. If they slam me I can regen quicker... sometimes. But really I would advise against a syphon weapon unless its a high clip good RoF weapon in something like an inflicted siege. or unless you get your bum spanked all the time... the regen quality is nice but it does not trigger often enough to make it a strong solid choice.

1) Radiation
2) but close runner up... Bio
3) fire
4) electric
9) Syphon

Lubber
10-04-2014, 04:54 AM
While using good weapon without nano may seem a good idea in solo play, I recommend to use nano for major events, because it helps not only yourself, but everyone else, who shoot this mob to kill it faster, which is crucial for WM and sieges for example. One may use any type of nano if TL is low - everything is going down easily. For TL 10 my recommendation is:

Bio or rad - versatile for individual strong enemies with armor of x5 or more (elites). Also it is good for group in case of dealing damage by either destroying armor, or by rad nano proc. I use it for DM, volge.
Fire - for all enemies that has no shield, because it deal twice the damage to health, that helps you to ignore armor and setting enemies in flames makes them take more damage from everyone. Also it nano-effect proc has a small AoE, that helps to fight enemies, that prefer to cluster in groups. Great for bugs, afflicted, scrappers.

Xaat Xuun
10-04-2014, 07:54 AM
I donít always get to have it this way, but for my preferences
SMGís = Bio, Rad
LMG = Bio, Rad
AR = Bio, Ele
Pistol = Bio, Fire
Shotguns = Bio, Fire, Rad
Explosive wepís = Fire, Rad
Snipers = Bio, Ele, fire

I used to only try to get Syphon for my Assault, and Snipers, but after the adjustment to the nanos, itís rarely used (in other words, I donít look for them any more)

and thatís all Iíll be adding, pretty much itís been said already what I would say about Nano choices

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-04-2014, 09:33 AM
I have various SMGs/ARs with different nanos , which nano (including no nano) would you choose to use against the various types of enemies ? For example, bio for volge, fire for bug. No switching allowed, only a single nano per enemy.

Syphon is the best and all you really need. It will keep you alive longer than anyother nano type. Ive killed alot of players in pvp with my syphon assassin VBI PSR 7. Also when fighting bosses that have attacks that instantly take your shields away, its people with syphon weapons that will most the time be the first to be fully healed, esp if it a automatic weapon with cannoneer and or nano booster or burst fire mod.

My SMGs and LMGs trigger alot, AND I want to say 1 out of 6 maybe less rounds fired out of my VBI PSR 7 trigger syphon, which mean 1 out of 2 full charge triger pulls has a nano effect.

Obvious Obbe
10-04-2014, 11:41 AM
FIRE deals 50% more damgae to health but does crap vs shields
ELECTRIC deals 50% more damage to shields but does crap vs health
RADIATION bypasses a few armor plates, DoT trigger can errode plates... best overall type as it does decent damage to shields & health
BIOLOGICAL damages armor plating outright and can slow
SYPHON can steal small amount of shields or large amounts of health

When I do Volge sieges I use a electric rifle with an 80 mag clip to take down shields and then switch to my fire crimefighter to deal damage to health. This works great as long as there is no lag. Its my overcharge set up so I can do MASSIVE damage on a fully charged overcharge-infused crimefighter glob against a visera with no shields. I think electric nano is under rated as I see sooooo many people fighting volge having issues and my gun rips right through their shield. Its a very effective gun loadout.

Anything with 7+ plates I use bio weapons on to eat them down. I use a bio VBI SMG, casti weaver BMG, decoy build great for support: major Arkfall boss events with lots of people. Use the gun to eat off the plates from the big buys and let everyone else DPS them. Then I use BMG to be a heal bot and drop DPS spikes.

When I am fighting bandits or stuff up to threat level 5 or 6 I use my blurr build: dual shot radiation VOT Fragger pump shotgun (12 pellets x damage x 2 shots) because it hits like a truck and triggers corrosion quite often. My best gun but only have 7.5 shots. The backup is casti blade. Because radiation is good against everything equally its a good all-purpose weapon safe to keep out against most enemy types. But when I see tough claimjumpers, 00ers, volge I get my electric/ fire loadout.

I have a syphon dual shot sawed-off but I don't use it much. I find it the least likely to trigger a nano effect and those guns always do less damage. But when I fight incursions and see hulkers I like to use the weapon. If they slam me I can regen quicker... sometimes. But really I would advise against a syphon weapon unless its a high clip good RoF weapon in something like an inflicted siege. or unless you get your bum spanked all the time... the regen quality is nice but it does not trigger often enough to make it a strong solid choice.

1) Radiation
2) but close runner up... Bio
3) fire
4) electric
9) Syphon
Awesome story, so how often do you change set-ups and get disconnected as a result!? This post is nothing but pure theorycrafting and completely useless. I could come up with dozens strategies like that but they are ludicrous as you cant swap set-up mid fight more than maybe once, you're talking about 3-4 set ups.... Sorry but this is a pointless thread!

whit
10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Awesome story, so how often do you change set-ups and get disconnected as a result!? This post is nothing but pure theorycrafting and completely useless. I could come up with dozens strategies like that but they are ludicrous as you cant swap set-up mid fight more than maybe once, you're talking about 3-4 set ups.... Sorry but this is a pointless thread!

[OP] You are right, but the thread has drifted away from the original question. This was, which single nano (including no nano) to use against the various enemy types. What to use against DM, bugs, scrappers, 99-ers, grid, raiders, volge, zombies, mutants etc. The idea being that you keep to one set-up for an event rather than mess around changing (for lazy people like me).

From what I have gathered, I would guess:
fire : bugs, scrappers, raiders, zombies, mutants
bio or rad : DM, 99-ers, grid
bio : volge

Keeper Riff
10-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I have a Fire Wolfhound for Warmaster's crit damage phase and Bio for everything else. All bullet sponges usually have armor plates and weaker mobs just die too quickly for nano to make any difference, so Bio just works for everything.

Tried nano perks and scrapped them in the end, replaced them with EGO power recharge perks. Except maybe damage bonus for Fire nano for Warmaster where every DPS bonus is crucial.

J8 Sky
10-04-2014, 03:22 PM
From what I have gathered, I would guess:
fire : bugs, scrappers, raiders, zombies, mutants
bio or rad : DM, 99-ers, grid
bio : volge

yup, and that's basically what i said in post#7

Note for Bio vs Radiation on shielded enemy that are non-boss type,
if you get killed a lot, or scared you will get kill = use Bio
if your own health is not an issue, and just want to kill mobs faster = use Radiation

for a non-boss type mob, if you shoot enough shots to drop the armor plates of that mob to do effective damage, the mob would have been dead already if Radiation was used.

whit
10-04-2014, 03:56 PM
yup, and that's basically what i said in post#7

I did say gathered, which included your comment, thanks. Regarding bio versus rad, my experience is that bio will get you more score as you are destroying armour, but rad will kill quicker as it bypasses armour, is that correct ?

J8 Sky
10-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I did say gathered, which included your comment, thanks. Regarding bio versus rad, my experience is that bio will get you more score as you are destroying armour, but rad will kill quicker as it bypasses armour, is that correct ?

Yes, on bosses (ex: Warmaster) is more noticeable since he has a lot of armor.

you get score from "tick" nano damage also, both radiation and bio gives you score. but since bio kills things a bit slower, you will benefit a bit more score vs the lost of "time" spent to kill. which evens out or even less benefiting if you kill extra mobs with the lost time, depending on how many mobs there are, or if you are getting the killing shot in groups. (higher damage & less bullets used per mob = more chance for kill shot in groups)

for score purposes in groups on non-boss mobs , this is what i think:
Bio - Shoot everything
Rad - kill everything

otonagamer
10-05-2014, 05:15 AM
If you have to choose one nano, it's definitely Bio. Rad is too unpredictable to proc. Syphon is not enough to recover your shield when TL10. Bio is the most reliable choice.

BTW, this is why I insist Loadout contest should be held for each distinctive purpose.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-05-2014, 08:31 AM
If you have to choose one nano, it's definitely Bio. Rad is too unpredictable to proc. Syphon is not enough to recover your shield when TL10. Bio is the most reliable choice.

BTW, this is why I insist Loadout contest should be held for each distinctive purpose.

I don't agree with your insight when it comes to syphon. I posted the type of syphon weapons I use on page 2. 70% - 80% of the time I recover my shields or health agianst tier 10 bosses and agianst henich men that percentage is higher.

While fighting the Sapphire Weapon syphon weapons will keep you alive longer ergo you end up doing more damage. Hell I even helped kill the Sapphire Weapon one time using a purp syphon assassin VBI PSR 7 Cyclone Charge Sniper, the crit was 2.7 when fully charged you multiply the damage X 5 for the first shot on top of that it fires 5 rounds fully charged, with shadow strike and a level 3 damage spike very few things will survive full charged attacks.

Wurm
10-05-2014, 08:55 AM
I have a few hard hitting syphon weapons that really do a noticeable job of killing enemies and keeping me alive. No idea how badly it was nerfed in the past, but the hard hitting syphon weapons I do have make life easier for me while out and about regardless of what I am doing.

That being said, I love fire against afflicted and radiation against mostly everything else.

AllGamer
10-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I prefer electrical vs Volge, Dark Matter, and 99ners

as it removes their shields almost instantly (with a SMG), but if you use Bio, Fire, Radiation, it takes longer to bore through their shields.

if you don't have electricity, the next best thing against Volge is Radiation / Bio

Fire seems to be the least effective of them all