PDA

View Full Version : Servers Still Unstable

Altras
10-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I know ya'll tried to fix the lag with the removal of many arkfalls from the mainland, sorry to report, it hasn't really made much of a difference other than the map is more empty more often.

KILLSHOT707
10-03-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry but when were they stable?

Sevrin
10-03-2014, 03:23 PM
I strongly second the OP's comments. Since patch, we not only have worse lag, there is almost nothing to do most of the time.

SirServed
10-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Before F2P hit. Also before the release of 7th Legion (that's when I started noticing my car's disappearing act).

Piers
10-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Trion, just fix the game already!!! The lag has been around since beta, just fix it already! Please.

Bonehead
10-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Trion, just fix the game already!!! The lag has been around since beta, just fix it already! Please.

Would that they could...

J8 Sky
10-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Since patch, we not only have worse lag, there is almost nothing to do most of the time.

+1 , much worse lag and disconnection issues

Altras
10-03-2014, 03:39 PM
At least before it was manageable. I'm at the point where my weapons don't do damage, can't switch weapons, and the usual heap of crap that comes with it. I'll apologize in advance for this, but is their network engineer only part-time or something?

Bonehead
10-03-2014, 03:44 PM
At least before it was manageable. I'm at the point where my weapons don't do damage, can't switch weapons, and the usual heap of crap that comes with it. I'll apologize in advance for this, but is their network engineer only part-time or something?

I wonder if they have a real one at all.

Altras
10-03-2014, 03:45 PM
I wonder if they have a real one at all.

Seems to be the question of the da.......Year.

Degan
10-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Speaking as someone who rarely has lag problems... after this last update, the game is now unplayable for me on PC NA

Fubashi
10-03-2014, 05:33 PM
agreed, I have played this for almost a year and only recently has it been this bad. I quit after the bullet sponge patch for a bit but they have actually done a good job on fixing that. So I came back. The lag, however, is game killing. Truly...

hardy83
10-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Well I've been here since launch and the servers have always been atrocious. Today is nothing.
And if anything, for me personally, when I lag out I don't D/C. I just may be out of sync with the game for up to 5 minutes before I catch up. That's that's a plus right?
It's actually kind of funny to see 5+ minutes of lag fly by in a matter of seconds when the servers to feel like doing something.

Oh well. Got my easy dailies don't, not bothering with anything else.

There is either something so fundamentally wrong with the net code for Defiance that it'll never be fixed, Trion is incompetent, or Trion just doesn't care, because a year+ with servers this bad deserves to be shamed.

I'd feel bad for new players, but it's not like there's other 3rd person shooter options out there on PC or consoles (Sure there's only really 1 MMO alternative (Firefall) and you may not like it, but it's servers are a billion times better than Trions). Trion is just shooting themselves in the foot, either with bad developers from before launch, or just bad handling of the servers.
Either way, we consumers lose nothing and Trion loses everything because all this means is more people will quit.

Baines
10-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd feel bad for new players, but it's not like there's other 3rd person shooter options out there on PC or consoles (Sure there's only really 1 MMO alternative (Firefall) and you may not like it, but it's servers are a billion times better than Trions). Trion is just shooting themselves in the foot, either with bad developers from before launch, or just bad handling of the servers.

From my experience, Red 5 was doing a pretty good job of shooting themselves in the foot with Firefall. Heck, the way they were handling Firefall is why I switched to Defiance.

But yes, Defiance is just a mess now. I've found PC often unplayable for the last several days due to intense lag-related desyncs.

Though the new barren map is certainly a novel approach. I just had a run where I saw no lag at all, except a very brief burp when a player joined the daily that I was doing. Not horribly surprising though when there are almost no players around (as I literally ran into a single other player who was out and active), and the map is almost empty of events. When I logged on, while Silicon Valley looked normal, the mainland had one minor incursion and San Francisco had nothing at all. After running a mission, San Francisco was still empty while mainland had picked up a couple of minor arkfalls. (Silicon Valley still looked normal.)

badbat111
10-03-2014, 09:01 PM
(that's when I started noticing my car's disappearing act).

i get that a lot the bloody thing acts like i havent got on it and it drives then vanishes for me to roll off it >.< iim using the starter bike to get the skill capped then do car skill

but since i broke my ps3 i cant play for a while until i buy a new ps3 i just hope i dont have to restart a new character

Darksoul1978
10-03-2014, 09:30 PM
lag has got horrible since patch #1 got to little over 18k on the sharpshootin savior hotshot all my miners died and the raiders kept coming and would then run away after a minute it finished and my score was zero. the map is always empty and has more lag. and the lag has spread to PvP which is sometimes useful and sometimes annoying pending on which side of the lag I'm on (haha to the group of 5 detonator noobs slayed consecutively by me and my smg.) arkbreaks are just as bad as always constant disconnects.

JadedSinn
10-03-2014, 09:35 PM
i blame there server perviders :: comcast : or whatever it is personaly.

but after a year of playing only resently did the lag get to a point that even i cant play. and this only started withing the last 2 months.

ya there where problums with DCs back in the day. but still that was cosed by other problums not the heavy amount of lag we are seeing now.

in all the time iv played lag has never been a problum for me. till now. the spikes are huge, and i blame most of it on crimefighters BMGs ground pounds and anything else that can create an effect that has to load into the game in large amounts at one time. o.o

but over all. im still here so i cant complane to much .

MarkMahoon
10-04-2014, 02:31 AM
i blame there server perviders :: comcast : or whatever it is personaly.

It must be a server problem. I was running some bachground tools while doing a solo instance. The mission then you are going down a mine with Rosa to kill Jack Teach. In the fight with Jack Teach my game was freezing up every 3-5 minutes for almost 1 or two minutes.

While looking on all the sensor data on my second screen i could see that cpu, ram and GPU data was absolutly stable, but the network connection was not. Every time a lag appears the packet transfer between cliient and gameserver dropped to a near zero, and at the end of the lag there was a big flood of packets coming from the gameserver to the client.

My opinion is that at some point the servers queueing packets because they lost the connection to the client, and after reestablishing the connection they send the complete queue in one rush.

hardy83
10-04-2014, 07:40 AM
From my experience, Red 5 was doing a pretty good job of shooting themselves in the foot with Firefall. Heck, the way they were handling Firefall is why I switched to Defiance.

But yes, Defiance is just a mess now. I've found PC often unplayable for the last several days due to intense lag-related desyncs.

Though the new barren map is certainly a novel approach. I just had a run where I saw no lag at all, except a very brief burp when a player joined the daily that I was doing. Not horribly surprising though when there are almost no players around (as I literally ran into a single other player who was out and active), and the map is almost empty of events. When I logged on, while Silicon Valley looked normal, the mainland had one minor incursion and San Francisco had nothing at all. After running a mission, San Francisco was still empty while mainland had picked up a couple of minor arkfalls. (Silicon Valley still looked normal.)

While I do think Firefall is a vastly inferior game to Defiance, its servers are pretty stable compared to this game and if one game is playable and the other is not to a person, there's really only on choice to play. lol Or go find another game. :P
However third person shooter MMOs is a pretty rare breed.

Firefall, Defiance, Global Agenda (with a super small overworld), the now dead Tabula Rasa, and I guess Destiny if you count that as an MMO.

That's about it.

Festival
10-04-2014, 02:22 PM
While I do think Firefall is a vastly inferior game to Defiance, its servers are pretty stable compared to this game and if one game is playable and the other is not to a person, there's really only on choice to play. lol Or go find another game. :P
However third person shooter MMOs is a pretty rare breed.

Firefall, Defiance, Global Agenda (with a super small overworld), the now dead Tabula Rasa, and I guess Destiny if you count that as an MMO.

That's about it.

Fallen Earth is still available at Gamers First, as far as I know (still have it installed...just haven't logged in in a year). No lack of bugs in that game, either...but it's playable (and actually rather brilliant in terms of atmosphere). Very much an MMO, and an absolutely enormous game world.

Sevrin
10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Lag so bad at Incursion just now that I had to log off game. Totally unplayable. Again. Worst week ever!

Keeper Riff
10-04-2014, 02:46 PM
i blame there server perviders :: comcast : or whatever it is personaly. I doubt it's their provider. The provider cannot hold data packets for 5-20 minutes and the then just spit them all at your client to catch up. They would be all timed out already. And the provider cannot be so much selective so that when you have two computers at the same router with players at the same event and one is lagging and the second one plays absolutely normal. And next time the other way around. It's more likely some database queries for some players get postponed for a prolonged time when they are randomly put on a back-burner to ease the server overload. Why it's actually overloading could be almost anything.

Blackwolfe
10-04-2014, 03:08 PM
It's almost unplayable when it's like this. If you are lucky you get to play without lag for an hour and then suddely lag bursts the size of the moon..

BC001
10-04-2014, 03:18 PM
A few nights ago I was at a Silicon Valley arkfall alone while the shards were unstable and mobs (and one other player from a different shard) were phasing in and out at random. It turns out that not only was I soloing the arkfall, there was someone else soloing the same one in a different shard (we ended up both in the same shard after the arkfall was over).

What is the sense in creating multiple instances with only one person in each? It makes me wonder how many other shards are sitting there empty or nearly so but still using system resources when they could be combined into one less laggy instance. They seriously need to do something about their load balancing routines in the game itself as well as take a look at it at network level.

Silicon Valley is almost always nearly deserted so contracts like the current Defiant Few one that require high level kills there are almost impossible to do without a clan large and active enough to find the people to get the TL high enough. If people are being separated into different shards with only a few rattling around the area to begin with it is a waste of resources as well as boring wandering around looking for targets that are not there but might be if everyone was in the same instance.

Baines
10-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Even with nearly empty maps, the game is still breaking badly on PC.

I'm in a really low travel area. There is one player near me. I summon a car, get in, drive down the road a bit, car despawns.

I log off and come back later in the evening. I'm alone again in a low traffic area, doing a side quest, blasting Raiders. I get the phantom enemy glitch, where the game continues to render the model of a dead enemy, but there is no actual interaction with that model. I notice the threat level has jumped up by 5 points. A player drives through the area, not stopping. I go to interact with a panel to continue the quest, but the prompt won't appear. I walk away, clear an adjacent instance, walk back, panel still won't activate. Combat seemed to work, but the game is lagging a second on picking up some items from the ground, but not others. Fast travel away and then drive back, phantom raider is still there but the panel now works. (For extra fun, I took a hit of damage immediately after fast travelling, despite there being no enemies where I arrived. And indeed, there were no enemies alive for 10-20 seconds before I even activated fast travel. As I'd cleared the enemies, ran around grabbing items, and then ran back to the panel first.)

Really? The game is now flaking out when a second player is in an area?

Burned In Effigy
10-04-2014, 05:23 PM
great now after this god damn latest patch I can't get into any expert coops for the last 2 days

LegendaryU2K
10-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Lag is pretty bad on NA PC ATM. guess i will try again tomorrow :( Going to watch movies all night and play some other games :)

Rattler20200
10-04-2014, 10:43 PM
I tried doing a main story mission today which wanted me to go into Downtown San Fran... was doing alright until another person arrived and... can't interact, can't switch weapons, phantom hits, lag killed, can't revive or extract.
Although its not that big a deal... it cost me scrip to log in again because of the extraction fee kicking in on relog.

Lorchra
10-05-2014, 01:30 AM
It's almost unplayable when it's like this. If you are lucky you get to play without lag for an hour and then suddely lag bursts the size of the moon..

Logged in. Did a weekly contract solo. That went well. Then I drove to a Major Hellion Arkfall (final stage).

Lagged out within about 10 seconds. (I managed to fire a single burst into the Hellion, then every mob froze, players were still running around like crazy. I was receiving status updates (loot, BMG bubble, etc.) about 10 minutes after I interacted with originator of the 'input'.

Logged out and uninstalled Defiance. I'll check the forums from time to time but I'm done with this game until they fix the lag (which may be forever and never).

Arglemesh
10-05-2014, 07:26 AM
A few nights ago I was at a Silicon Valley arkfall alone while the shards were unstable and mobs (and one other player from a different shard) were phasing in and out at random. It turns out that not only was I soloing the arkfall, there was someone else soloing the same one in a different shard (we ended up both in the same shard after the arkfall was over).

What is the sense in creating multiple instances with only one person in each? It makes me wonder how many other shards are sitting there empty or nearly so but still using system resources when they could be combined into one less laggy instance. They seriously need to do something about their load balancing routines in the game itself as well as take a look at it at network level.

Silicon Valley is almost always nearly deserted so contracts like the current Defiant Few one that require high level kills there are almost impossible to do without a clan large and active enough to find the people to get the TL high enough. If people are being separated into different shards with only a few rattling around the area to begin with it is a waste of resources as well as boring wandering around looking for targets that are not there but might be if everyone was in the same instance.

Phasing a person during a siege/arkfall/event to try to handle server load is complete BS. It disrupts a player's ability to coordinate with others. Our clan has seen it many times. Yesterday, I was phased to what looked like my own shard 3/4 of the way through a Volge Swarm. All players on the map and on my screen disappeared. In addition to not being able to lend fire support to others, there is also no one to rez or heal you and you can't rez or heal others. We have also run into the problem where our group was split into parts and put in separate instances in Warmaster fights, even though we entered simultaneously. Obviously Trion can't make the concept of phasing function properly. Once a player enters a an event, he should be locked to that shard until the event finishes.

Wilhelm Keitel
10-05-2014, 08:10 AM
This is just plain incompetence every fix just makes things worse. Trion Just needs to close the servers down and admit they have no clue what they are doing with this game. A solo story mission lags out killed repeatedly by non existent enemies outside the conflict site is just bad net code and lag caused by crap servers.

Faelx
10-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't know what they did this time but they definetly did it wrong. I returned after a small break with some hopes and tried to play but I was forced to quit again. It's only 1 to 10 seconds before I get lagged at ANY activity regardless of how many players are there.

They cut down overall inventory capacity to reduce lags.
They added timers to claims to reduce lags.
They reduced the frequency of events to reduce lags.
They did many unseen changes in the code to reduce lags.

And finally they got some results: game is totally unplayable now.

Festival
10-05-2014, 09:47 AM
http://www.librarified.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Festival
10-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Oh, and the game's completely unplayable for me on PC/NA this morning. Lag out within seconds of logging in to any PvP match, multiple attempts. This game has been my "main" more-or-less since launch, and I'm this far from uninstalling. This shtako just never gets fixed. In fact, as others have pointed out, the lag and disconnect issues have actually gotten much worse over time. What I wouldn't give for a pre-Bullet-Sponge server (albeit preferably with a bit of a simple buff to PvE enemies, as it was too easy). That version was actually, you know...fun. It was also pretty stable, at least on the PC version.

hardy83
10-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Fallen Earth is still available at Gamers First, as far as I know (still have it installed...just haven't logged in in a year). No lack of bugs in that game, either...but it's playable (and actually rather brilliant in terms of atmosphere). Very much an MMO, and an absolutely enormous game world.

I tried getting into Fallen Earth, but I just couldn't figure out what to do. It's so hard to get into those old MMOs when they don't have good tutorials to hold your hand a little bit.

I also forgot APB, but that's pretty much only PvP, so...Yeah.

Festival
10-05-2014, 11:42 AM
I tried getting into Fallen Earth, but I just couldn't figure out what to do. It's so hard to get into those old MMOs when they don't have good tutorials to hold your hand a little bit.

I also forgot APB, but that's pretty much only PvP, so...Yeah.

Yeah, Fallen Earth pretty much just hands you a gun and a crappy horse and says "good luck out there." I found it to be worth the time and frustration, but eventually the population got so small (including the departure of most of the people I played with), and now I haven't logged in in ages.

Ned Kelly
10-05-2014, 11:52 AM
IMO it seems that they are being told to make do with the number of cpu's and memory capacity and work it out from there. But of course with the myriad of things the could cause it, it probably isn't, but just feels that way. Given that the lag is worse these last few days after maintenance "imo preload of aftermath patch" and associated hotfix in addition to the population steam side is down to twenty percent of what it was when it went free to play, you really wonder....

Part time Server engineer, no methinks they are on call, and don't get called :P

UberNoobie
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
It's not fixed, it's worse...a lot worse.
Some players, including me can't do almost anything any more other than drive around.

Load into a WM...lag out. Everyone freezes, mobs, players...everything. Have to relog.
Sieges Shoot a few mobs...lag out. Relog...rejoin siege...lag out, relog...and repeat.
Incursions...well that's if you can actually find more than one every two hours. Same as sieges.
DLC weapons...cant use half the time as they keep turning red telling us we don't own the DLC.

Exit game. Mumble a lot...sigh some, smile and try game again...but nope, same as before.
Hell i even did two fresh installs of the game. One via steam and the other via the website. Just in case it was anything to do with corrupt files or anything like that.

I have no idea what you have tried to do...but whatever it is, it has just made the game virtually unplayable for a lot of players.

Seriously guys and gals, you need to fix all of this as soon as possible....it really is getting to be unplayable not to mention highly frustrating.

Sevrin
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Too much lag to play again today! (I guess I'll just keep posting this till it's fixed or I find something else to do :mad:

PS: A lot of us have been patient but I suspect that patience is running out. At least it is for me.

Bonehead
10-05-2014, 05:48 PM
On the bright side, I am having an absolute ball on my first play through of Fallout 3.

ProJH
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Too much lag to play again today! (I guess I'll just keep posting this till it's fixed or I find something else to do :mad:

PS: A lot of us have been patient but I suspect that patience is running out. At least it is for me.

I quitted my last game because of lag issues. It was APB:Reloaded. Everything started with small lag issues. After years It has grown and game is unplayable right now. Game's company still tries to make money as they can. They don't fix the lag. They are just keep adding some cool and expensive stuffs for people to buy.

Now, I'm having same issues with Defiance,too . It's sad.
I lagged out 12 times today.

Altras
10-05-2014, 06:37 PM
We're trying to do 15 Clan Member Arkfall now and its damn near close to impossible to invite people, too lagged to even open the CTRL menu. -_-

Tallon
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
On the bright side, I am having an absolute ball on my first play through of Fallout 3.

Now if they could have made fallout multiplayer, at least groups of 4. Still fun, been playing new vegas a bit myself.

Altras
10-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Fallout mmo? Yes please.

Ruinne
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM

I finally got around to the Xcom remake.

Pretty good. There's a lot less game there than there was in the original though.

Bonehead
10-05-2014, 08:12 PM
I finally got around to the Xcom remake.

Pretty good. There's a lot less game there than there was in the original though.

I got the GOTY set up from steam. So much game it seems like. Really pleased.

SCAVENGER1
10-05-2014, 10:39 PM
yeah since that update of about 2 to 3 wks ago i have been getting the lag or game problem of that i either cant reload or switch weapons and i cant do anything till the game or my client catches up. but today it has been The Worst so far no matter how many times i restart the game it is there. no matter if it is a siege or incursion or ark fall or co-op or arena. this happens and now it will last from 2 to 5 minutes every time i reload or switch weapons.

i just sent in a support ticket about this and im uploading a short vid of a major arkfall with the WM so those that dont see this will see what is being talked about.

this vid will be ready to be viewed in about 5 minutes from now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0TFDlBlTAc&feature=youtu.be

if you forward to 1:23 is when the 1st time i couldnt reload nor switch weapons, and this is NA pc

Arkstorm
10-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Odd. The last two nights, the lag has been much better for me. No disconnects last night and only one tonight. No issues spawning vehicles. I only experienced a delay a few times when switching weapons, but no disconnects from that, and those disconnects were happening to me constantly over the last few weeks. Only once did a MoB disappear on me, and it was only for a few seconds, unlike previously when it would happen consistently over an extended period.

From my perspective it has improved. Guess the fix helped some people, but made it worse for others.

Lorchra
10-06-2014, 12:17 AM
From my perspective it has improved.

On what platform? PC EU has not improved a bit.

SCAVENGER1
10-06-2014, 01:15 AM
it seems that after uploading that video and turning in a support ticket and posting in here. i fire up the game and i didnt have this at all for the last 3hrs i had no issues so WTF !? after having 10hrs of pure nightmare of the game lag or stuttering or what ever you call it beside a score killer !

and that was The only thing i did different from all day.

Baines
10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
I quitted my last game because of lag issues. It was APB:Reloaded. Everything started with small lag issues. After years It has grown and game is unplayable right now. Game's company still tries to make money as they can. They don't fix the lag. They are just keep adding some cool and expensive stuffs for people to buy.

Unfortunately, you have two scenarios at play, both of which lead to the same result.

1) The company cannot fix the game. They tried, they failed, and they gave up. Fixing the game is a lost cause, but players are still playing the game and the game is still making money. So the company shifts focus. The company makes promises, cuts costs (such as support and skilled programmers), and continues to look for ways to make money off of the sinking ship.

2) The company decides it isn't cost effective to try to fix the game. Maybe they make token efforts, but they've decided fixing the game will not recover the player base enough to justify the costs, or that such resources could be better spent elsewhere such as on newer games. Players are still playing the game and the game is still making money. So the company shifts focus. The company makes promises, cuts costs (such as support and skilled programmers), and continues to look for ways to make money off of the sinking ship.

MadDogTremor
10-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Baines nailed it. Perfectly. Evidence: Look at how many people have left this game...and look at how many people actively complain on here about the same things. Yet, Trion doesn't really fix any of it. They claim "new mission content is primary focus" and are yet blinded to what the consumer base cries for: PLAYABILITY.

Be careful complaining too hard though.....then Trion fixes your issues with a forum ban and even a game ban for criticizing them.

adrokier
10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I have seen a Video on Youtube where a Gaming Channel introducing the Game in early 2013 ( before the Beta) and the comment was like: "..it can be a good game, but if the lag is so bad like in RIFT it can be flop.." .. seems Server Stability is general Problem with Trion Games ... dnt know how Servers are with AA?

U wud love to pay monthly fee to get Server more stable ^^

Arkstorm
10-06-2014, 12:04 PM
On what platform? PC EU has not improved a bit.

Playing on PC-NA.

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Fallout mmo? Yes please.

i beleave at one time. there was a plan of them doing that. and it was sadly hmmm droped ?

Marshal Law
10-06-2014, 01:02 PM
This is the main reason I will not play Archeage. Why should I support another game when I feel like they are giving up support on a previous existing one? I have been playing MMOs since Meridian 59 and all games go through their problems, but all of them manage to fix glaring issues except this one.

Can we get an update? If the problem is with a main carrier trunk, could you send some traceroutes over to the carriers and have them find the issue? Do you need us to send you guys traceroutes to help you troubleshoot? I would be glad to help anyway I can. I believe the problem is not with the servers due to a lot of people never having the problem. I believe the problem is from a certain carrier/pathway that users go through (hops) that users are taking to get to your servers.

Brindled
10-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Can we get an update? If the problem is with a main carrier trunk, could you send some traceroutes over to the carriers and have them find the issue? Do you need us to send you guys traceroutes to help you troubleshoot? I would be glad to help anyway I can. I believe the problem is not with the servers due to a lot of people never having the problem. I believe the problem is from a certain carrier/pathway that users go through (hops) that users are taking to get to your servers.
Latency Update and Feedback Request (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172888-Latency-Update-and-Feedback-Request)

Oh, and it's the first stickied thread in General Discussion.

Marshal Law
10-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Latency Update and Feedback Request (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172888-Latency-Update-and-Feedback-Request)

Thank you, did not even see this post. It has been a while since it was updated (over a month ago), but at least the community is helping out.

MadDogTremor
10-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Yup.

I log in, I'm online all of 5 minutes and I lag so bad the world map refuses to load. I'm done.

I shall step aside and return to my first online game love, SecondLife, until Trion gets their act together. Hopefully someday, I can return and have fun in the Bay area once again.

Back to SecondLife I go, where at least they knew how to fix the lag issues, and FIXED IT.

Edit to Add: I am a Defiance Vetern by the way. Been here since launch in 2013. Finally made it to 4,300+ EGO. And I'm calling it quits until issues are fixed and the game is playable once again.

hardy83
10-06-2014, 05:28 PM
I logged in at the Earth Republic camp, ran to the Tarr Tracks box there to open it and lagged out before I even got there.

Gotta love this game. :P

Baines
10-06-2014, 07:27 PM
I was mostly lucky tonight, on PC-NA. Was able to play in areas with a decent number of people with only some sporadic lag. Then hit a broken weekly mission, stuck on an already completed section. With how bad the lag had been recently, I'd forgotten the various other issues the game had.

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 11:50 PM
played today at the time school lets out. had minor lag. not the major stuff i was haveing befor. but sadly it didnt last.

i loged out after a short time on enough time to run a few ailys and compleatly ditch out on doing the chimera daily ,

gave me planty of time to start hunting down other games to play. never did finish half life 2 from orenge box . so i guess ill be going to play that. along with rogue legacy and a few other games. . hmmm maybe ill re get skyrim and beat it for the 5th time.

sigh.: you know things are bad when a super fan/vet like me is avoiding the game due to bad server lag.

BC001
10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I try one of the servers and if it lags too bad I go to the other and it usually works. NA PC seems to be worst so far but EU PC has its rough patches too now and then. Tracerouts put a bad latency spike at the hop just before the server most often when it is bad and looking up the hop IP address most often identifies it as a comcast facility.

I wonder if they are "traffic shaping" the problem into existence thinking it is p2p traffic (which they have some kind of grudge against), they have a track record of doing that kind of thing on the sly in the past and with the death of net neutrality they don't even have to justify or hide it anymore technically.

If that is what is happening it will be a big problem for online gaming once more infrastructure companies start doing it with their own little agendas, kind of like the three stooges pulling each other off a ladder trying to get to the top first and messing up things for everyone else.

SCAVENGER1
10-08-2014, 01:08 AM

i have done just that to support. since i turn in a ticket saturday and so far they had me run the ping test and tracert and speed test. and i even sent in 2 video of what is going on. which most can say they have this same type of problem as well, here is a short video from yesterday gawd i hate it when it is like this. and i can have this happen to me dang near any time of the day/night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcho5ZfeBBM&list=UU4rjYt2v75C56yl506O7tLA

LegendaryU2K
10-08-2014, 02:05 AM
are the servers offline? everytime i try to play it says try again later. tried like 5 times now.

LegendaryU2K
10-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Anyone know what the hell is happening? i try to play on eu or na and for the past hour im crashing back to the character select screen with a try again message. I'm getting sick of this now. :mad:

Bonehead
10-08-2014, 04:08 AM
Anyone know what the hell is happening? i try to play on eu or na and for the past hour im crashing back to the character select screen with a try again message. I'm getting sick of this now. :mad:

Servergeddon ?