PDA

View Full Version : Community Q&A: October 3rd

CM Kiwibird
10-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Hey there ark hunters! It's time for more awesome Q&A with the Defiance team!

http://i.imgur.com/ULEegzZ.gif

Will we see more changes to the salvage matrix, such as changing synergy or existing bonuses/rarity rolls?

We are making more salvage matrix options, and generally working to make it more accessible and attractive. However, we analyzed the benefits of adding these options and have since decided to remove them. Seeking improved bonus and synergy rolls are an excellent drive to chase for new gear. Allowing a single weapon it reroll synergies and bonuses just encourages the creation of a “favorite blanket” which is not the experience we are targeting.
In the short term, we’re adding functionality to upgrade the rating of a weapon “all the way” as an alternative to discreetly choosing each step of 100 rating upgrade. We’re also adding a personalization system to apply new appearances and bonuses on top of the rolls generated on the weapon itself.

What are the current priorities for the Defiance team?

As always, we have an engineering team dedicated to performance and connectivity issues. We have a handful of developers wrapping up the Aftermath update before we push it to PTS next week. Similarly, we have a small team dedicated the Xbox Free-to-play release.

Our designers are working on new live events for the upcoming holidays as well as unique gear to go with them.

We’re developing updated logic and interface for matchmaking. We’re adding functionality to mass invite players in your area, on your friends list, and in your clan. This should make filling the Warmaster and other instances much easier. Additionally, we’re working to update the quickmatch functionality to make joining a desired event easier. Our final matchmaking improvement is to add “Private Matches” wherein one player has complete control over who participates in an event. (And, yes, this includes making private versions of even the Warmaster event.)

We have two major features in development:

1) A new series of instances which grow progressively more difficult and which allow for highly versatile populations.
2) A new kind of gear which will make “overflow” XP and Weapon Skill mechanically useful.

Is there an ETA for HD textures for the PC version, or just a confirmation that it's going to happen or not?

Given other issues with stability, this has been put on hold behind overall stability improvements for all three platforms.
Since the actual Durango seats 7 people in reality, can our Durangos be patched to seat 4 players instead of 2?

This is possible. The team will look into this.
Can overlapping events not get phased out?

We have some open issues on this already. We’ve stopped most times this can occur, but we still get reports of it happening, so we'll stay on the case.
How do armor plates and damage reduction stack, additively or multiplicatively?

Additively.
Can we get an option to "Payout" Certain pursuits?

Not all pursuits need to be completed in order to reach max EGO rating, so this wouldn't be a high priority addition, but we do appreciate the input.
Can we have the ability to select multiple items in inventory and claims?

We'd like to see a multi-select in claims. The favorite system essentially handles this in the inventory.
Will we ever get a "Wandering Warmaster" in the open world?

Probably, but not in the near future. We are concentrating on other content at this time.
Can those who have hit the "XP Cap" have XP "Rewards" converted to something else?

YES YOU CAN! We are developing this functionality right now!

Piers
10-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Merci' (Thanks) for the Q&A Kiwi! These are great! :)

Etaew
10-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks Kiwibird.

For submitting questions for the next Community Q&A please use our dedicated Questions Section on Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php).

This will allow you to submit questions, comment on questions, and back questions. Kiwibird can then use this to find the questions that most people desire answers to.

CM Kiwibird
10-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks Kiwibird.

For submitting questions for the next Community Q&A please use our dedicated Questions Section on Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/questions.php).

This will allow you to submit questions, comment on questions, and back questions. Kiwibird can then use this to find the questions that most people desire answers to.

That's what I used for this one. :o Please use it, it's an awesome tool. Thanks Etaew, you rock!

Chump Norris
10-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Some people aren't going to like the answer to #1..

#10 is the one im most interested in atm :)

Thanks Kiwi.

Nefarious
10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
For number 5# a real bad one has always been a Incursion starting and phasing out a Major Arkfall in San Fran. Now that a Major Arkfall can only be called down in San Fran this has happened a few times to it.

JadedSinn
10-03-2014, 07:46 PM
# 2 has me smileing and # 10 has me wanting more feed back on it o.o so if im reading 10 right my self there going to be converting XP gained into something else for people that reach the XP cap. hmmm could it be scrip or arksalvage or something else that is usefull to us.

could it be implamented into its own little version of a curancy that we can spend on scrip salvage and ark forge and other currancys ? hmmm so much comes to mind.

#2 i dont havy anything to say on it was farly straght forword. but i do wounder what this new kind of gear is going to be. i keep hearing on from time to time about " new cyber nedic implants " for out toons i ponder if part of what # 2 is talking about is this, the same with # 10 hmmmmm the thoughts go on . and on . cant wait to hear more.

Menov
10-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Hey there ark hunters! It's time for more awesome Q&A with the Defiance team!

http://i.imgur.com/ULEegzZ.gif

[LIST=1]
Will we see more changes to the salvage matrix, such as changing synergy or existing bonuses/rarity rolls?

We are making more salvage matrix options, and generally working to make it more accessible and attractive. However, we analyzed the benefits of adding these options and have since decided to remove them. Seeking improved bonus and synergy rolls are an excellent drive to chase for new gear. Allowing a single weapon it reroll synergies and bonuses just encourages the creation of a “favorite blanket” which is not the experience we are targeting.
In the short term, we’re adding functionality to upgrade the rating of a weapon “all the way” as an alternative to discreetly choosing each step of 100 rating upgrade. We’re also adding a personalization system to apply new appearances and bonuses on top of the rolls generated on the weapon itself.

Although this is good news, never wanted build a weapon system. I do however need/want to know, will we ever be able to lower the ego of weapons down a 100? Just like the ego upgrade is now for raising it 100.

Looking forward to the other features and content.

Baines
10-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Some people aren't going to like the answer to #1..

I just wish that they'd add basic functionality like the ability to see the details of mods attached to a weapon. Currently, you can't see the synergy on an attached mod. That kind of information can affect whether or not you want to use the Retrieve Mods function.

BlackTalons
10-03-2014, 08:35 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO!

I had so many plans for this! So many ****ing plans!

We have two major features in development:
1) A new series of instances which grow progressively more difficult and which allow for highly versatile populations.

Just as a coincidence this was about the other part of those plans. Since the first part is more or less busted I could go and send what I have on this soon anyway.

How do armor plates and damage reduction stack, additively or multiplicatively?
[INDENT]Additively.

Does this work the same way with NPCs (Monarchs, Viscera)?

Can we have the ability to select multiple items in inventory and claims?
We'd like to see a multi-select in claims. The favorite system essentially handles this in the inventory.

I asure you that the favorite system is NOT enough to manage the mess that can be an overpopulated inventory. It would be very useful to have filters, multiple selection for multi favorite/breakdown operations (with better precision than the current Mass breakdown), the ability to equip from inventory into any slot of any loadout and even color tags to further customize filtering options.

Darksoul1978
10-03-2014, 09:18 PM
I asked number 5 on the site and have an idea that may help it ALOT. if you look on the map screen there is a TON of dead space. Islands, chunks of area outside the territory. why not expand the map to these areas and have the arkbreaks be called down there and that be the only event that can occur there?

Infinity Eagle
10-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Our final matchmaking improvement is to add “Private Matches” wherein one player has complete control over who participates in an event. (And, yes, this includes making private versions of even the Warmaster event.)

Nice

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/ktso1_zpsb9f5524a.gif

yue
10-04-2014, 04:01 AM
For awhile now it has been known that we would be getting the ability to reroll everything on a gun ..... Now that won't be happening . This makes me seriously wanna just give all my stuff away including the game . I've just had enough dissatisfaction and the 1 thing I was looking forward to is now not happening .... Nice guys nice .... Way to cancel Christmas

Shakk
10-04-2014, 05:00 AM
We’re developing updated logic and interface for matchmaking. We’re adding functionality to mass invite players in your area, on your friends list, and in your clan. This should make filling the Warmaster and other instances much easier. Additionally, we’re working to update the quickmatch functionality to make joining a desired event easier. Our final matchmaking improvement is to add “Private Matches” wherein one player has complete control over who participates in an event. (And, yes, this includes making private versions of even the Warmaster event.)

Will this include the matchmaking for PvP?
As in, will we be able to play private matches?
This would open up for Clan vs Clan and simply banning the OP weapons for some real good fun.

BigDaddyRellik
10-04-2014, 05:31 AM
I just wish that they'd add basic functionality like the ability to see the details of mods attached to a weapon. Currently, you can't see the synergy on an attached mod. That kind of information can affect whether or not you want to use the Retrieve Mods function.

If playing on console you only have limited graphics on it. I play on PC and have my graphics settings maxed out and can see mod details perfectly. only downfall I have is using an HDD instead of an SSD.

hiban
10-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Not all pursuits need to be completed in order to reach max EGO rating, so this wouldn't be a high priority addition, but we do appreciate the input.

Non-DLC players current EGO rating cap is about 5706 or 5711 (can't remember at the moment). So there is still many people which can't reach max EGO rating, even if they do all the pursuits.

hardy83
10-04-2014, 06:29 AM
Is there an ETA for HD textures for the PC version, or just a confirmation that it's going to happen or not?
[INDENT]Given other issues with stability, this has been put on hold behind overall stability improvements for all three platforms.

Of course....Don't know how HD textures would affect stability since it would be only for PC and the performance of the game isn't what's the issue with the game (the lag and connection issues are), but whatever. This game will always look really outdated I suppose.

alienstookmybeer
10-04-2014, 06:30 AM

Wow, after months of teasing that's quite the disappointing decision reversal. So what if it would have hampered your desired gear chase a tad, especially when this could have been a good driver for getting people chasing arkforge instead?

But thanks for being the messenger, Kiwi.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Wow, after months of teasing that's quite the disappointing decision reversal. So what if it would have hampered your desired gear chase a tad, especially when this could have been a good driver for getting people chasing arkforge instead?

But thanks for being the messenger, Kiwi.Time to empty 1/2 my inventory that I was saving for this feature alone.

Over 600 slots that I dwindled done when they nerfed the ability to rarity upgrade with encryption. Now, the rest will get vendored because of this decision. Will have to look, but I'm thinking I may have close to 500 empty slots when it's all said and done.

They don't care though, because those slots are already paid for.

Because grenades

Nefarious
10-04-2014, 09:36 AM
I personally hope that this decision for rerolling bonuses is final as I have spent over a 1000 Ark Forge on weapons prepping them for the very moment we were able to. Now that the news is that feature is no more I broke down most of those prep weapons to retrieve mods or sold them to the vendor. Although I spent 1000+ AF for nothing it seems it would be more of a travesty to go back on this decision after many have already came to terms and part ways with the weapons they kept so long for this very reason.

Before weapons went the way of encryption I upgraded so many blue guns to purple so I could use the 1 time upgrade later to up them to orange. And all these guns I had were near perfect in there own way only needing one existing roll to be replaced. Im talking about Assassin Surge Bolter, Particle Repeater, and Lighting Rifle just short of needing a green crit roll since they already had the blue. Quarter Master Sludge and Bonfire Rockets with all but 1 reload roll missing. 3 Mag Roll Wolverine and Radiation VOT Blaster just in need of the 4th Oj rolls. The list goes on of near perfect weapons I had on stock just being 1 reroll away. And even some mishap guns to be jacked up such as making a Quadruple Crit Assassin Picayune or 3x +5 Mag Roll Berserker Shotgun.

Its kinda disappointing that changing synergy or existing bonuses is not going to happen but I can see how it could really kill the variety of things and to be able to make some guns very over powered. Generally every AR would have double dmg rolls, every Sniper would have double crit rolls, every BMG would have unlimited charge. So I cant say I don't agree with them doing away with it. For a lot of weapon types there's only 2 or 3 Oj rolls and to be able to reroll that would just be to easy. For example I had the Wolverine and VOT Blaster just in need of the Oj +24 mag roll to make them perfect, now if I rolled them to be Oj and didn't get that it wouldn't feel like a big deal since I could reroll them again. But now since I wont be able to reroll bonuses, upgrading them to Oj is now a real big deal since that roll will be set for whatever it is. So risking 500 AF is pretty big to take a 1-3 chance now. Were as before if the feature to reroll was active the decision wouldn't even matter nearly as much.

Baines
10-04-2014, 11:15 AM
If playing on console you only have limited graphics on it. I play on PC and have my graphics settings maxed out and can see mod details perfectly. only downfall I have is using an HDD instead of an SSD.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the 3D model of a weapon.

Let's say that I have a blue rarity Shotgun mod, a Power Retention Choke III which gives +8 Falloff DMG.

If I attach that mod to a shotgun, the weapon card will say that the gun has a barrel mod that gives it +8 Falloff DMG, which is enough to infer that it is a blue rarity Power Retention Choke III. If I go into the Salvage Matrix and select Retrieve Mods, the matrix will list it as a blue rarity Power Retention Choke III.

What neither of those do is mention what synergy, if any, the mod holds. If the synergy matches the weapon, then you might be able to tell from the weapon card. But not all weapons have a mod-based synergy, and not all mod-based synergies have benefits that are better than the gain from using a higher rarity non-matching mod.

This is important because it can be the difference in whether or not you want to bother retrieving a mod from a weapon. It can be the deciding factor in whether you want to destroy a weapon in order to put the mod somewhere more advantageous. It can also be a factor in whether you want to overwrite a mod with a new mod.

Strangely, the Retrieve Mod function of the Salvage Matrix has a "View" button at the bottom. I had originally guessed that it was supposed to show details of the currently selected mod, but the button appears to do absolutely nothing at all. Well, that isn't technically true as the button does one thing when clicked; the View button removes itself from the GUI when clicked. Functionally, it does nothing of any use to the player.

ironcladtrash
10-04-2014, 01:38 PM
[LIST=1]

This just another gigantic punch in the gut and decision that is is yet again notoriously out of touch with the entire player base. This has been said for months that this was going to happen. It was one great thing that we were looking forward too. It could have been almost a quasi apology for the the worthless weapons and with useless and broken stats and synergies you have had in the game for the past year and half. Not everyone was going to have the same opinions and ideas for how to build their weapons, just look at all the discussions about which guns and bonuses people don't like. Great that you finally have Dev who at least has a clue looking at the weapons and stats but to go back on this and change your mind is complete BS.

Fuzzy
10-04-2014, 02:48 PM
I can certainly understand the frustration of you that we won't get to reroll synergies or certain stats, though I gotta say I was never a huge fan of it happening. It would be nice if it was possible once (and only ONCE) and every stat would have to be rerolled, not only one stat.
But I can certainly understand Trion's decision now with this since Rashere is going to change stats (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?174750-Weapon-Rarity-Rolls). He's already looking for useless stats on weapons and if such useless stats are removed, weapons should only roll with stats that have an impact on the weapon. If those rolls are desired... well, that's another story.

The major complaint of players was that they got weapons with rolls that have no impact on weapons (take accuracy on snipers, recoil on sawed-offs, link range on certain (single target) BMGs).
If those stats are removed, there is no need anymore to be able to reroll stats.
Getting a weapon with the desired rolls should take time, IMO, as well as with the desired synergy.

As I already said, I would love to have the option once per weapon (similar to encryption) but I can live without it and I can understand the decision they made.
After all, Defiance has no real endgame content (yet?) and the only thing why most long-term players still played was for the weapons. If you would be able to create your weapons from scratch, where's the fun? It also hurts the longevity from a game a lot. After all, they want us to keep playing.

ironcladtrash
10-04-2014, 04:05 PM
The major complaint of players was that they got weapons with rolls that have no impact on weapons (take accuracy on snipers, recoil on sawed-offs, link range on certain (single target) BMGs).
If those stats are removed, there is no need anymore to be able to reroll stats.
QUOTEQUOTE

They won't go back and fix any weapons in our inventory. They didn't do it for the first patch that gave all weapons the white, green, blue, purple, and orange rolls and removed the self revive stats. They won't do it now either.

After all, Defiance has no real endgame content (yet?) and the only thing why most long-term players still played was for the weapons. If you would be able to create your weapons from scratch, where's the fun? It also hurts the longevity from a game a lot. After all, they want us to keep playing.

I actually want to play with the weapons I want. I dont throw it away and start looking for it again. The fun for me is actually using the weapon I worked so hard for. The RNG sucks and I have no interest in it. It‘s all dumb luck and would be 1000 times better if I could just work towards what I want and build it. I got sick of going after lock boxes to end up with my 6th legendary VBI Haar. That is absolutely not fun and a major reason everything is dead around here.

Fuzzy
10-04-2014, 04:31 PM
They won't go back and fix any weapons in our inventory. They didn't do it for the first patch that gave all weapons the white, green, blue, purple, and orange rolls and removed the self revive stats. They won't do it now either.

I actually want to play with the weapons I want. I dont throw it away and start looking for it again. The fun for me is actually using the weapon I worked so hard for. The RNG sucks and I have no interest in it. It‘s all dumb luck and would be 1000 times better if I could just work towards what I want and build it. I got sick of going after lock boxes to end up with my 6th legendary VBI Haar. That is absolutely not fun and a major reason everything is dead around here.

Yes, changes aren't retroactive. It's always been like this. I remember back when our complete inventory was made useless when they introduced the system that we have now.
Nobody is forcing you to play with weapons you don't like. Some people have more luck than others with the RNG. I don't neccessarily like the system either. Sometimes you reeally get weapons you never in your life would like to use. But in the end, if everyone could craft their own weapons, the game would be dead (at least that's what I think) within weeks. After everybody got their dream weapons, what's next? As I said, I can understand why they aren't implementing it. It may not be the perfect solution and it's not really fair they tell us for months "you will get that" and now they tell us that we don't but their decisions makes, at least from my point of view, a lot of sense.

At least you've got the chance to buy lockboxes here. In other MMOs, it's purely based on luck if you get a weapon you could use, fits your playstyle and has a pretty high rarity.
Lockboxes are nice since you are now guaranteed a purple out of T4s. If that purple weapon is a weapon you want to play is a different story again, but at least you kind of know what you're getting.
Sure, it's alot of RNG but loot is worse in many other MMOs, IMO.

With the fix for useless stats, weapons in general should be worth more, since they will be overall better than what we have now. They won't make our inventories useless as the first weapon stat change did, but they will be better.
I for one am looking forward to it since I loved getting better weapons. That's all I've been doing. They more or less took that away with the huge rewards nerf since I couldn't/can't get new weapons at the same (or similar) speed as before anymore. It got tedious. BUT if the weapons are better and worth to grind for, I will :) (though better rewards never hurt)

ironcladtrash
10-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I am really looking forward to the upcoming weapon changes too. They shouldn't have said for months we could re roll and change it now though. This may be the fastest nerf they ever did, changing it before it's even implemented. I hope they change their minds again.

Chump Norris
10-04-2014, 08:29 PM
They changed their minds because they want us buying lockboxes. I can understand it from their point of view but I really was looking forward to making oranges with the rolls I felt were perfect. Its probably better they decided not to add it and then remove it later I guess...

hardy83
10-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I still think the best way to play this game is to just pretend synergies don't exist as well as not caring about the bonuses.

I get it. It's a Borderlands and Diablo style loot system where you get mountains of crap to find the one nugget of good but I personally never found that fun. At all.

Of course I've never really cared for the gear progression grind which makes me a weirdo for playing these types of MMOs. lol

Atticus Batman
10-04-2014, 08:45 PM
As I already said, I would love to have the option once per weapon (similar to encryption) but I can live without it and I can understand the decision they made.

Although it doesn't bug me much, it would be nice if they at least gave us the ability to add a random synergy to non-synergy guns, such as all the reward guns and pre-order guns. Like your suggestion, it could be a one time option. 400 AF to add a synergy to a gun, then that option disappears for that gun and doesn't appear for any gun that already has a synergy, because it is only for guns without a syn. Perhaps even give us the option to choose between backpack or mod syn. 400 AF for a backpack syn, OR 500 AF for a mod syn (and perhaps exclude DLC syns, since it would suck for a non-DLC owner to get a DLC exclusive syn, or make it another 50 Af for a chance to roll a DLC syn or only DLC owners have a chance at DLC exclusive syns).

PhantasieTrion
10-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Although this is good news, never wanted build a weapon system. I do however need/want to know, will we ever be able to lower the ego of weapons down a 100? Just like the ego upgrade is now for raising it 100.

Hi Menov

We are adding a salvage matrix action to bring a weapon down to your current EGO, which is similar to what you are asking.

Chump Norris
10-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Hi Menov

We are adding a salvage matrix action to bring a weapon down to your current EGO, which is similar to what you are asking.

Yay! I was done talking about this but its great to know its still on the table.

Ned Kelly
10-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Any news on when we will be able to view synergies on currently equipped mods on weapons as asked about earlier?

Fuzzy
10-05-2014, 03:49 AM
I am really looking forward to the upcoming weapon changes too. They shouldn't have said for months we could re roll and change it now though. This may be the fastest nerf they ever did, changing it before it's even implemented. I hope they change their minds again.

They changed their minds a lot of times though. They've been promising us lots of things just to say in the end "nope, not doing it". I feel this time though that the decision is justified. To everyone their own opinion though! :) Can't say I wouldn't want to have the possibility too to reroll certain synergies or stats but that would seriously hurt the (pretty small) economy a lot. Trading, if there even is still trading, would be dead even more since you just would have to get the base weapon and then reroll the stats as often as you'd want until you get the perfect stats.

Although it doesn't bug me much, it would be nice if they at least gave us the ability to add a random synergy to non-synergy guns, such as all the reward guns and pre-order guns. Like your suggestion, it could be a one time option. 400 AF to add a synergy to a gun, then that option disappears for that gun and doesn't appear for any gun that already has a synergy, because it is only for guns without a syn. Perhaps even give us the option to choose between backpack or mod syn. 400 AF for a backpack syn, OR 500 AF for a mod syn (and perhaps exclude DLC syns, since it would suck for a non-DLC owner to get a DLC exclusive syn, or make it another 50 Af for a chance to roll a DLC syn or only DLC owners have a chance at DLC exclusive syns).

It'd be nice to have the possibilty to add synergies to non-synergy guns. I hope in the future when exclusive weapons get added (may it be through new content, "DLCs" or new missions) that they have a synergy on them. Maybe they could come up with a synergy exclusive for reward guns.

yue
10-05-2014, 06:59 AM
So basically the fix ( although it's a good fix ) is to make our current inventory useless yet again ? You gotta be joking me . Yes the changes to the rolls and the fact they are taking our thoughts on it is a great step but seriously this one has gotta be a retroactive change . I've tossed away my entire inventory too many times already .

To fix this they could make it possible to give us say 1 month to reroll synergies nano and every roll on existing guns to off set this . As long as they are up front about the strict time limit then this will be much much much more acceptable to us . ( although we should permanently have this feature anyways ) . If you look at this from a business perspective ( especially being a rare occasion ) the amount of bits used to buy ark forge would be off the charts .

Or another option would be to have the complete reroll option allowed at specific events and times like it use to be with say loot bonus weekend or the dodge vendor thing where it was random weekend or week . That would still make us buy boxes and make us buy a whole lot more forge

KILLSHOT707
10-05-2014, 09:33 AM
All this looks good in print, but people just want to be able to play. Just fix the game as it is now and get your "small team working on ftp for Xbox"(2 months over due) some help to make that happen. If this was made into a working stable game people would be a lot happier than having a new broken game. Talk about this games future seems silly at this point. As new games come out people are leaving more and more. This could be one of the best games out there.

oscassk
10-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Fix what you have before adding more content. Between lag and lost connections, this game has issues. It's a fun game, it just seems like it's broken. It really does feel like you aren't seeking to have customers.

Market
10-05-2014, 01:48 PM
1. Will we see more changes to the salvage matrix, such as changing synergy or existing bonuses/rarity rolls?
Just to chime in on the discussion about this, I have to agree a bit with both sides of this. They shouldn't have gone on talking about adding in this feature for as long as they did, but I totally understand why this decision was made. As Fuzzy said, the only end-game content right now is chasing events for better loot. I agree that once we get that loot, there needs to be a reason to use it. I also agree that there needs to be a deeper reason to keep playing the game once that loot chase is done. However, being able to set up our own gear that specifically will end that chase for most people very quickly. We need something to do with that gear, but I don't think having that much control over rolls and such would have been good for the long-term of the game.

2. What are the current priorities for the Defiance team?
Our final matchmaking improvement is to add “Private Matches” wherein one player has complete control over who participates in an event. (And, yes, this includes making private versions of even the Warmaster event.)This was discussed quite some time ago and I'm glad this finally being worked into the game. I got tired of trying to get in on "zerg-fests" and/or being paired up with people who didn't care that there are tactics needed for a win unless you pack the instance with warm bodies. I much prefer soloing the Warmaster as the frustration involved is nil.

However, when this was originally talked about during a Livestream, it was suggested that opening/joining a private instance would cost Arkforge. I can't possibly disagree with this more than I do already. I might be jumping the gun on this, but I wanted to get this out of my system asap.

I really hope this Arkforge idea was dropped into a void. Having some kind of expense to start up or join a private match would go against all of the other matchmaking systems in the game already, but I understand wanting some kind of cost involved for a private match like this. If anything, have it cost a moderate amount of Scrip and Salvage. We need another Salvage sink anyway.

Having private matches cost Arkforge would not only be a bad call, but it would be very poorly received by players. Again, I might be jumping the gun on this. Since it was brought up during a livestream, I felt it necessary to shine some light on it.

Atticus Batman
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Just to chime in on the discussion about this, I have to agree a bit with both sides of this. They shouldn't have gone on talking about adding in this feature for as long as they did, but I totally understand why this decision was made. As Fuzzy said, the only end-game content right now is chasing events for better loot. I agree that once we get that loot, there needs to be a reason to use it. I also agree that there needs to be a deeper reason to keep playing the game once that loot chase is done. However, being able to set up our own gear that specifically will end that chase for most people very quickly. We need something to do with that gear, but I don't think having that much control over rolls and such would have been good for the long-term of the game.
This was discussed quite some time ago and I'm glad this finally being worked into the game. I got tired of trying to get in on "zerg-fests" and/or being paired up with people who didn't care that there are tactics needed for a win unless you pack the instance with warm bodies. I much prefer soloing the Warmaster as the frustration involved is nil.

However, when this was originally talked about during a Livestream, it was suggested that opening/joining a private instance would cost Arkforge. I can't possibly disagree with this more than I do already. I might be jumping the gun on this, but I wanted to get this out of my system asap.

I really hope this Arkforge idea was dropped into a void. Having some kind of expense to start up or join a private match would go against all of the other matchmaking systems in the game already, but I understand wanting some kind of cost involved for a private match like this. If anything, have it cost a moderate amount of Scrip and Salvage. We need another Salvage sink anyway.

Having private matches cost Arkforge would not only be a bad call, but it would be very poorly received by players. Again, I might be jumping the gun on this. Since it was brought up during a livestream, I felt it necessary to shine some light on it.

Good point, but I was under the impression that only the person creating the private match has to shell out AF. If that is the case, then it doesn't bug me much since I am usually invited by somebody else anyways. :)

Ned Kelly
10-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Good point, but I was under the impression that only the person creating the private match has to shell out AF. If that is the case, then it doesn't bug me much since I am usually invited by somebody else anyways. :)

I can't believe that was said, so get as many friends as you can and let the company introduce poorly received and thought out adjustments, but I'm ok cause I just leech of others......

Atticus Batman
10-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I can't believe that was said, so get as many friends as you can and let the company introduce poorly received and thought out adjustments, but I'm ok cause I just leech of others......

I don't even do the warmaster and won't until it is fixed, so if others want to waste their AF on a broken event, that is their problem.

Besides we know it is all about money so why is it a surprise that it may cost AF, when they said that months ago?

Menov
10-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Hi Menov

This is great news, thank you for the update. :D

Baines
10-06-2014, 08:53 AM

It is bad, regardless of whether one person pays or everyone pays.

The whole reason people want such a feature is because Trion's current implementation is broken for various reasons. Trion charging a premium just for access to a workaround, something that isn't even a real fix, sets a very bad precedence.

Midnight
10-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Hi Menov

Not too expensive please...as some of us would like to give stuff to any new players who happen to show up...they won't have a lot of forge to throw at it

PhantasieTrion
10-08-2014, 04:51 PM

While the downgrade of weapons to current EGO didn't make it in for this patch, the batch upgrade did. Here is an example of it:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qbg37l.jpg

JadedSinn
10-08-2014, 04:55 PM
While the downgrade of weapons to current EGO didn't make it in for this patch, the batch upgrade did. Here is an example of it:

i like but i would love to see it hit dead on the ego level someones on insted of 100 incraments. but its a start. thanks phan

Nefarious
10-08-2014, 06:42 PM
i like but i would love to see it hit dead on the ego level someones on insted of 100 incraments. but its a start. thanks phan

This. I wouldn't even care if I lost AF while putting it towards rounding some of my weapons levels off to being my Ego cap.

DSW
10-08-2014, 06:52 PM
This. I wouldn't even care if I lost AF while putting it towards rounding some of my weapons levels off to being my Ego cap.

i think this part should be implementent in 'upgrade once' so that player can decide if it's worth wasting AF on that part.

XGAH
10-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Can we get an option to "Payout" Certain pursuits?

Strange. I am currently at ego rank 5796. I have 4 pursuits left (15+15+40+40). Adding those up I reach ego 5906

Am I missing something?

PhantasieTrion
10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
We got the reduction to your current rating in as well :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/scuywz.jpg

As for upgrading to your exact EGO, we did increments of 100 since we wanted players to see a noticeable difference. Maybe an option would be to have the batch upgrade go to you current level?

--Phantasie

Market
10-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Maybe an option would be to have the batch upgrade go to you current level?

I couldn't agree more with this. Absolutely a brilliant thing to add in there.

JadedSinn
10-09-2014, 04:31 PM

As for upgrading to your exact EGO, we did increments of 100 since we wanted players to see a noticeable difference. Maybe an option would be to have the batch upgrade go to you current level?

--Phantasie

woot . now i can start geting ego 5900 items from clan mated and bring them down to my ego. of 5067

Atticus Batman
10-09-2014, 08:30 PM

--Phantasie

That's good but we are normally a little above our gun's ego not below, since we can only upgrades by increments of 100. So how about making the "batch upgrade Rating" take it to our exact level, like the "reduce rating" will?

PhantasieTrion
10-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi Batman

So how about making the "batch upgrade Rating" take it to our exact level, like the "reduce rating" will?

I'm confused - that exactly what I suggested we could do:

Maybe an option would be to have the batch upgrade go to you current level?

--Phantasie

Atticus Batman
10-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi Batman

I'm confused - that exactly what I suggested we could do:

--Phantasie

Sorry missed the text under the picture. But yes a batch upgrade to our actual level would be nice. However Your Batch upgrade picture says within a hundred from current ego, and the reduce rating says lower to exact ego. So simply make it so the batch upgrade takes it up to our exact level as well, instead of within 100 of our ego, as you suggested, even though I didn't see it. LOL. Sometimes it is a pain to notice the default colored text when it directly follows a picture. Of course that could just be my problem, since I have various eye issues.

JadedSinn
10-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Sorry missed the text under the picture. But yes a batch upgrade to our actual level would be nice. However Your Batch upgrade picture says within a hundred from current ego, and the reduce rating says lower to exact ego. So simply make it so the batch upgrade takes it up to our exact level as well, instead of within 100 of our ego, as you suggested, even though I didn't see it. LOL.

bats you should know just like every one else that pics can be changed. :P lol the pics are rough drafts. i dont think thy have it set in stone :)

lol i cant wait for it to hit live. i have a few items that i would love to get from clan mates that are higher ego that i would love to bring down to mine.

Atticus Batman
10-09-2014, 09:10 PM
bats you should know just like every one else that pics can be changed. :P lol the pics are rough drafts. i dont think thy have it set in stone :)

lol i cant wait for it to hit live. i have a few items that i would love to get from clan mates that are higher ego that i would love to bring down to mine.

but.....but.........but........sometimes the pics are all I can see clearly! Now you say my bad eyes are also liers?!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t667/atticusbatman/bat%20emotions/batman___scream_by_archangelgabriel-d5b29of_zps13c7220d.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/atticusbatman/media/bat%20emotions/batman___scream_by_archangelgabriel-d5b29of_zps13c7220d.jpg.html)

Ned Kelly
10-09-2014, 10:03 PM
and the increase in arkforge cost.......

hype
10-10-2014, 02:39 AM
Still No DLC Trophies - my case escalated for about 6 weeks now not 1 email in response

Having paid good money for extra content (supporting you guys right ?) this should be a trion priority

Baines
10-10-2014, 12:36 PM

--Phantasie

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that Trion would consider an Arkforge cost for downgrading weapons. People have to pay to reduce the ego on an item that they'll have to pay to increase again an hour later?

Why not make the downgrade free, or make it something meaningless like an Ark Salvage fee? Trion will still have people burning Ark Forge raising weapons, and a free downgrade might even give people reason to give spare weapons to lower EGO players.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-10-2014, 12:45 PM
How about a setting to raise/lower a weapon to 5501 for those of us over 5500?

Seriously, raising a weapon higher than that is a waste of forge for the benefit it provides.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-21-2014, 07:26 PM
how about private coop matches? so if one member gets booted we can invite him back in , and private daily and weekly sites also. we like not to do every single daily and weekly at tl 10