PDA

View Full Version : Cloak Not very helpful

calswordsman
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Mabye its just me but ive been trying to play as a stelth sniper. But i find after i after i take one shot in PVE all the other CPUs know where i am and start attacking, and dont stop attacking me even when i move around. The cloak works at times, but the amount of time it takes to rehide you gives them to much time to shot. Anyone else having these problems? I cant seem to take more then one or two down before they are all on you.

Sludge
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Cloak is nice for finding a safe place to snipe from, or escaping when you aggro too many (make sure you duck behind a wall though), but as an offensive tool it's not really effective from my experience. If you want enemies to stop shooting you try Decoy.

SirOmega
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I second Decoy, it's the best for solo'ing as far as I'm concerned.

unUnbreakabull
04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Get a suppressor, or play sniper ghost warrior 2

6Strummer
04-03-2013, 10:48 PM
It just depends on your play style. Cloak may not be the EGO power for you. I just saw another thread where the person said Cloak was the best. It's all subjective.

RobbieTheRabbit
04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
yea cloak works good, if ur getting attack by many and u cant handle it.. i use cloak.. run back, get in car and run them over.

Thanx4tehfish
04-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I love cloak. Cloak + SG to the back of the melon = PWNAGE

KenLi
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
I am using the cloak right now also. IMO......Meh.

elrick mercer
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
I use cloak aggressively with a shotgun. cloak kill roll re cloak they never find you.

Greyfox
04-04-2013, 12:18 AM
I use cloak aggressively with a shotgun. cloak kill roll re cloak they never find you.

^^^^^^ THAT
if your not using cloak to rush the back of there skulls no wonder you don't find it useful, plus it recharges your sheild how is that not useful when your getting close to death to roll out reload recharge.

I see cloak as the only useful ego skill there is

zKid
04-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Overcharge or Decoy is most useful IMO

elrick mercer
04-04-2013, 12:57 AM

Try cloak with a shotty and you'll change your mind everything dies so fast.

Fiox
04-04-2013, 01:16 AM
^^^^^^ THAT
if your not using cloak to rush the back of there skulls no wonder you don't find it useful, plus it recharges your sheild how is that not useful when your getting close to death to roll out reload recharge.

I see cloak as the only useful ego skill there is

So If I'm picking of all the enemies with headshots from a hill and killing them in a order where they dont react because they cant see there buddy dying I'm doing it wrong? jk Cloak is great once you know its ins and outs so far sniping in this game is so fun for me using a shotgun is meh to picking of a mob of 10 guys in your mission area with none of em having a clue what just happened. I've even gotten used ot frontline sniping with a semi auto sniper nothing more fun the headshot after head shot on a boss when you ge tthe timing of the kick down. if you can't tell i really love sniping :D

Ohgood
04-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Try cloak with a shotty and you'll change your mind everything dies so fast.

Blur with a shotgun is a much better match.

SSlarg
04-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Mabye its just me but ive been trying to play as a stelth sniper. But i find after i after i take one shot in PVE all the other CPUs know where i am and start attacking, and dont stop attacking me even when i move around. The cloak works at times, but the amount of time it takes to rehide you gives them to much time to shot. Anyone else having these problems? I cant seem to take more then one or two down before they are all on you.

for me, I use cloak to get past all those nasty bandits (for hacking objectives etc)
then Hack protect etc. you can melee and it recloaks you same as shooting,
you stop shooting you re-cloak as long as the skill is still running.

Hanzo_the_Razor
04-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Very useful when fighting in groups. Sneak around behind the enemy. Good when you need to escape the frontlines.

Mr Mikah
04-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Overcharge is a joke at lvl 5 it gives you 30% damage. Cloak has a perk witch gives it 30% damage also. Put the perk on your cloak now gives you overcharge. Beyond this there is maybe 1 good perk close to overcharge.

In my opinion cloak/decoy are the way to go due to the fact there right next to fortitude and cellular armor. And I guess blur is ok if your going melee damage and shotgun. However if you choose overcharge your just waisting points (unless you get perk that cuts damage in half when your shield breaks, that ones not bad)

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Blur with a shotgun is a much better match.

But with your points right, using cloak you'll have a 54% damage bonus

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Overcharge is a joke at lvl 5 it gives you 30% damage. Cloak has a perk witch gives it 30% damage also. Put the perk on your cloak now gives you overcharge. Beyond this there is maybe 1 good perk close to overcharge.

In my opinion cloak/decoy are the way to go due to the fact there right next to fortitude and cellular armor. And I guess blur is ok if your going melee damage and shotgun. However if you choose overcharge your just waisting points (unless you get perk that cuts damage in half when your shield breaks, that ones not bad)

I was always a cloak user, however I discovered something awesome with Overcharge.... get a Frontier SAW (LMG), with overcharge and ego extender and you'll have a laser beam of death.

Mr Mikah
04-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Hmmmmm maybe I don't regreat starting with overcharge after all

thedoorsdk
04-04-2013, 07:21 PM
But with your points right, using cloak you'll have a 54% damage bonus

I'm not sure, so this is more of a question than anything else, but: Do the damage buffs only work if you're actually cloaked, as opposed to just having the power active? So, if I'm cloaked and fire a shot (which uncloaks me), do I have to wait to completely recloak before I can get the damage buff again, or is it active the entire time the skill itself is active? If it's the former, I can see overcharge being a better fit for people who prefer automatic weaponry, though sniper rifles and shotguns would obviously still benefit.

Rebellius555
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Cloak has a perk witch gives it 30% damage also.

It works only at the first shot.

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure, so this is more of a question than anything else, but: Do the damage buffs only work if you're actually cloaked, as opposed to just having the power active? So, if I'm cloaked and fire a shot (which uncloaks me), do I have to wait to completely recloak before I can get the damage buff again, or is it active the entire time the skill itself is active? If it's the former, I can see overcharge being a better fit for people who prefer automatic weaponry, though sniper rifles and shotguns would obviously still benefit.

24% of the bonus can stay after the first shot (more in some situations) but the 30% cloak bonus is only while you are cloaked, which takes about a second to re-cloak after you make your shot.

NalkorRN
04-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Hmmmmm maybe I don't regreat starting with overcharge after all
Overcharge has this nice thing about instantly reloading your weapon when activated and even though it's not mentioned, for the entire duration of recharge you have zero recoil. Just ADS with an LMG, hit Overcharge and you can just let go of the fire button for a split second for the cone of fire to instantly reset and go back to tearing things up.