PDA

View Full Version : Any Point Installing the Disc?

Zehka
04-03-2013, 07:03 PM
And no, I don't mean the installation it does; I meant is there any reason to install the physical disc on top of the patches or should I not even bother? I am curious as the game requires 10 GB of space yet when it installs patches and such, it's only 5.7 GB all together.

Kip Of Mudd
04-03-2013, 07:04 PM
i don't know if there's a point, but after i did that to mine and then proceeded to put the game in it only took me 30 minutes to finish up everything and start playing while my friends and strangers' times were in the hours. i think it speeds it up?

Roeh
04-03-2013, 07:07 PM
you have to install the game you can't play if you don't. after install and patch it will be 10.7gb

Zehka
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I've been playing since launch (when it lets me play) without installing the physical disc. So I am confused.

VystreloK
04-03-2013, 07:11 PM
you have to install the game you can't play if you don't. after install and patch it will be 10.7gb

You don't have to install the disc, like from the Dashboard. That's different than the install that happens when you first play the game.

Roeh
04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
You don't have to install the disc, like from the Dashboard. That's different than the install that happens when you first play the game.

i don't understand when you first put the disc in the drive and launch the game it makes you install the game witch takes about 8-10 mins? yes? or an i the only one who got that message

Zehka
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Well, all I see is nothing but two patch data in my memory but nothing else; it's all I was curious about.

VystreloK
04-03-2013, 07:31 PM
i don't understand when you first put the disc in the drive and launch the game it makes you install the game witch takes about 8-10 mins? yes? or an i the only one who got that message
No, everyone has to install their game, but that is different from installing from the Xbox dashboard. Without that install I think it only takes around 5-6 gigs. After dashboard install, it becomes 10.7 total.

Zehka
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
If that's the case, how come can I play without installing it?

Derity
04-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I wonder if installing the disc help with load times, I've been playing without installing the disc.

The game did install the first time I played, I thought that was pretty much the same as installing the disc :P

Zehka
04-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm going to play it safe and install the game via the Dashboard until a Dev comments on it in either this thread or a FAQ.

VystreloK
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
If that's the case, how come can I play without installing it?

idk, I sure didn't think about canceling that install, if it's even possible.

Major Nelson
04-03-2013, 08:10 PM
And no, I don't mean the installation it does; I meant is there any reason to install the physical disc on top of the patches or should I not even bother? I am curious as the game requires 10 GB of space yet when it installs patches and such, it's only 5.7 GB all together.

well if you dont since the game isnt very good running soley on the disc it would crash the console and by running from the hardrive its actually faster

Hazel
04-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I'd install the disk anyway. Just in case by unfortunate accident your Xbox gets knocked over while the disk is in the tray. I do believe that the game is still playable in that state (If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll delete the post).