PDA

View Full Version : This game is unplayable

Vyson
10-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Is it me or the server lags constantly? It's beyond frustrating. Been trying to play PVP and the whole time I see a replay of what just happened few seconds ago.

Wilhelm Keitel
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Yes hence all the threads about server instability..... Another one really was not needed.

Bonehead
10-05-2014, 07:21 PM
I think until the game is fixed, the whole first page should be about how broken the game is right now. Why limit the conversation to just one or two threads about how borked it is trying to play these days? I foolishly tried to do some contracts just a bit ago. Not surprisingly, lagged right out.

Until the bed is made, the sheets will be messy.

Ruinne
10-05-2014, 07:29 PM
The gradual worsening of Defiance seems to have accelerated greatly in the last couple of months.

There can not be enough threads about this. There can't be enough here, and there can't be enough on other MMO and gaming centred forums.

At this point perhaps shame will make Trion do something.

LegendaryU2K
10-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I haven't been having too much trouble, i mean it comes and goes. And when it comes, i just play other games and come back to defiance later. And when it goes, i come back and play as much as i can. :)

Vyson
10-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Might as well shut down the servers. Everyone disconnecting, lagging...

Wilhelm Keitel
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I think until the game is fixed, the whole first page should be about how broken the game is right now. Why limit the conversation to just one or two threads about how borked it is trying to play these days? I foolishly tried to do some contracts just a bit ago. Not surprisingly, lagged right out.

Possibly true but I doubt the threads on the forums mean much of anything.
Do not seem to be a real hot bed of responses and discussion from the devs about the issue.
So really have rather come to the conclusion spend nothing try to play once in awhile but realise
When you get Trion games well you get Trion. Sad really.

Darksoul1978
10-05-2014, 10:55 PM
from what I can tell on my platform (ps3) the lag is pretty much based off of how many people are on at that time. usually around 3 to 10 PM is the worst time for lag and disconnect's for me and only in the main world not PvP. Otherwise lag is not an issue really just the occasional disconnect usually from trying an arkbreak.

Lorchra
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Possibly true but I doubt the threads on the forums mean much of anything.
Do not seem to be a real hot bed of responses and discussion from the devs about the issue.

Maybe these threads should be posted on the ArcheAge boards, that's where the community managers linger these days.

zeuss000
10-06-2014, 12:00 AM
I really don't get what the problem is, i play about as far away from the server as you can get and have honestly never ever had any issues with lag or anything that goes anywhere near making the game unplayable, i have been on for about 6 hours today and have had a great time doing all sorts of things. I play on PC, maybe that's the trick, i see folks online in chat all the time whinging about lag and i never see it. Got me stuffed what's going on but i am very happy with the game as is. I'm about to hit ego 2000 so have been running around for a while now, never been booted off, lovin it. Keep up the great work!!

Bonehead
10-06-2014, 01:14 AM
I really don't get what the problem is, *snip* i see folks online in chat all the time whinging (whining?) about lag

The problem is the lag all those people you see in chat are talking about. I hope your luck holds because that's all it is, just dumb luck.

Kosmiker
10-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Unplayable. Usually when servers were this bad I went solo on some arenas, now I can't even do those without freezing.

zeuss000
10-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Unplayable. Usually when servers were this bad I went solo on some arenas, now I can't even do those without freezing.

I'd be interested top know how much RAM you have on your PC? i have 16 GB and 4 GB on the video card and the game runs perfectly..

DJ51
10-07-2014, 02:04 AM
You do realise the amount of ram on a PC matters very little here ?
even with as low as 4gig ram and a 512 graphics card it should run fine , it's a console port :)

Demonsoul109
10-07-2014, 02:17 AM
I'd be interested top know how much RAM you have on your PC? i have 16 GB and 4 GB on the video card and the game runs perfectly.. Im running 60meg internet a 6 core 16 gigs ram and a GTX 660 card i shouldnt even see a tiny spike due to PC performance but some days i cant even make it half way through an arkfall without lagging out and DCing. I played this game shortly after release with my old rig which was a quad core 8 gigs ram and a 9800 GTX+ card and it ran perfect. There was lag but only when there were like 40 people trying to kill a Hellion. Now 10 people try to do an arkfall of any sort and half lag out and some DC others run just fine. PC performance isnt what causes the lag not when my daughter plays this on the ps3 and it has the same issues cars disappearing DCing and straight up lag. I watched her play tonight and helped her with a few things and she was driving from the crash site to KTAM and her ATV disappeared 4 times before the 1st bridge. She got annoyed and quit.

crasher
10-07-2014, 08:35 AM

Yo, Big Jim:
Not counting blessings? <<The innocent pony asked, facetiously>>

In the last week, I have yet to have any of my vehicles go airbourne, flying up over the landscape, as I slowly corkscrew my way east out to sea......

I haven't had any vehicles go swimming slowly down into the ground to get stuck below the map, either. With, or without, wheels and tires.

But they do <still> seem to get repossessed as I'm driving them, on a distressingly frequent basis.
And that lag? It's amazing how they've managed to keep some parts of the game alive, just for the guys who need some immutable proof that the 'world' is constant.
:)

Thal
10-07-2014, 08:38 AM
The problem is the lag all those people you see in chat are talking about. I hope your luck holds because that's all it is, just dumb luck.

Do you even play anymore?

Bonehead
10-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Do you even play anymore?

Believe it or not, yes. The lag has taken most of the wind out of my sails these days. I like to log in to do contracts with my 5k+ toon. Maybe some emergencies and some SV shenanigans. Lately the first site I hit lags out so bad it's unplayable so I log out and back in. If that doesn't work, I quit for the day. Playtime is way down lately due to that. I have always loved the game since day one. Hate some of the changes though for sure.(dlc5 bullet sponge/f2p patch) Still put in some time on the PTS but there isn't really much to test these days. The staff layoffs and budget cuts killed what potential this game had beyond what it is now. Hopefully the writing and voice acting for the new content coming up won't be too awful.

Fingers crossed.

Thal
10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Believe it or not, yes. The lag has taken most of the wind out of my sails these days. I like to log in to do contracts with my 5k+ toon. Maybe some emergencies and some SV shenanigans. Lately the first site I hit lags out so bad it's unplayable so I log out and back in. If that doesn't work, I quit for the day. Playtime is way down lately due to that. I have always loved the game since day one. Hate some of the changes though for sure.(dlc5 bullet sponge/f2p patch) Still put in some time on the PTS but there isn't really much to test these days. The staff layoffs and budget cuts killed what potential this game had beyond what it is now. Hopefully the writing and voice acting for the new content coming up won't be too awful.

Fingers crossed.

by the way you talk I'm surprised you still play

Bonehead
10-07-2014, 05:39 PM
The game is a peach. Its management is, sadly, something else entirely.

Bentu
10-07-2014, 06:15 PM
The games not unplayable, I was playing today for 5/6 hours, admittedly I had 4 disconnects but that's down to the fact that I didn't go back to dashboard the first time, if I had it'd only be the once.
Anyway I cleared up the weekly and dailies, did a couple of incursions and sieges to get enough keys for a t4 and got the usual blue rubbish.
Imo a purple t4 lock box should dish out weapons of that rarity or better.

Bonehead
10-07-2014, 06:25 PM
PC/NA lately has been unplayable for many. You get stuck in some kind of lag limbo. There is no update from the server but you don't disconnect. It can take over fifteen minutes for the server to boot you for some reason. Better to just re log. That used to fix it for me but lately not so much. Used to be the lag was only at highly populated events but now even when I'm alone it happens.

SirServed
10-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Attempted WM and lagged out. Got 3 minutes into the daily Expert and lagged out. One more strike and I close up shop for the day.

celespsycho
10-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Just add being 5K EGO. Totally boring.. nothing to do + lag + bugs + glitchs

LegendaryU2K
10-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Keep crashing after game lags, the defiance server is not available , try again later message. happen 3 times so far. i will try again with another character.

hiban
10-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Something similar happened to me. I was doing contracts, and every single time another player showed up, i immediately started lagging and everything freezed during minutes.
This happened like half a dozen times in a row. Not pleasant at all.

Atticus Batman
10-07-2014, 07:32 PM
The games not unplayable, I was playing today for 5/6 hours, admittedly I had 4 disconnects but that's down to the fact that I didn't go back to dashboard the first time, if I had it'd only be the once.
Anyway I cleared up the weekly and dailies, did a couple of incursions and sieges to get enough keys for a t4 and got the usual blue rubbish.
Imo a purple t4 lock box should dish out weapons of that rarity or better.

I got an Oj bolt action with survivalist syn from my T4. So yeah not gonna use that one.

Sidd
10-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Was having a half decent day, managed to get inside two arkbreaks and get my dailies done and then the last hour or so 9 pm EST lag started so bad I couldn't stay online for more than ten minutes at a go. Was trying to trade with someone and kept getting some new auto-cancel glitch I've never seen. Nobody in chat seemed to know what was going on. Tried with someone else, traded fine. Couldn't sell two oj's because of it :s Last few minutes I had the in group but not in group glitch that sent me over the edge.

I really really do want to love this game, it's got so much going for it, but stupid things that should have been found a year ago and silly updates that do more harm than good are getting me close to leaving and not looking back... I hate giving up on things and I don't want to, but I don't want to fight to play a game either.

Sevrin
10-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Lag was so bad tonight (again), I had to quit playing. I play PC NA on the west coast.

hardy83
10-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I did WM and a DM Major and it was hilariously bad.

Sidd
10-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I did WM and a DM Major and it was hilariously bad.

Second time someone on here made me near choke my coffee onto the screen. I must remember that phrase "hilariously bad" that's a definite keeper :D

Thal
10-08-2014, 09:10 AM
The game is a peach. Its management is, sadly, something else entirely.

I'll give you that the lack of customer support is atrocious. Took 21 days to get an answer to a problem I had on my PC account. However it took the a whole 15 minutes and 3 emails to fix it once they did get back to me.

TremerChrist
10-08-2014, 11:07 AM
At this point perhaps shame will make Trion do something.

If what they released as DLC for the season pass holders didn't shame them, the lag and disconnects won't put a dent in there bravado.

Eugenitor
10-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Trion, whatever contract you have with your hosting provider, you need to start looking into the fine print. Because whatever company is doing your WAN connectivity is not fulfilling the details of its contract if you had any remotely sapient lawyer when you signed it. I haven't seen packet loss like this since I played Quake on a 33.6.

Marshal Law
10-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Still unplayable for me today. Log in try shadow war, cannot even change weapons, log off. /fail

Marshal Law
10-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Trion, whatever contract you have with your hosting provider, you need to start looking into the fine print. Because whatever company is doing your WAN connectivity is not fulfilling the details of its contract if you had any remotely sapient lawyer when you signed it. I haven't seen packet loss like this since I played Quake on a 33.6.

Quake over IPX !! :)

Bonehead
10-08-2014, 03:32 PM
If what they released as DLC for the season pass holders didn't shame them, the lag and disconnects won't put a dent in there bravado.

Pretty sure Corporations are not capable of shame. I agree the dlc content was pretty light compared with any other game I have ever bought a season pass for, especially considering the 5th was really only to make the game F2P. Fwiw I still believe the team is doing it's best. It's just too big a game and too small a team.

PhantasieTrion
10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm online on NA-PC right now, and and looking into a few things. If you are online on NA-PC and are either consitintely getting "lag" or have a severe bout, please friend invite me: "Phantasie XBox" so I can teleport to you.

(I might get a lot of requests, so pls dont be offended if I don't specifically join you)

LegendaryU2K
10-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Im online right now. major lag , north point seige

Bonehead
10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm online on NA-PC right now, and and looking into a few things. If you are online on NA-PC and are either consitintely getting "lag" or have a severe bout, please friend invite me: "Phantasie XBox" so I can teleport to you.

(I might get a lot of requests, so pls dont be offended if I don't specifically join you)

Godspeed PT.

celespsycho
10-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Is it me or the server lags constantly? It's beyond frustrating. Been trying to play PVP and the whole time I see a replay of what just happened few seconds ago.

TRION needs to stop trolling players with this bad service.

JadedSinn
10-08-2014, 04:57 PM

good luck. and gods speed phan. may you come back alive.