PDA

View Full Version : Lost Players

KILLSHOT707
10-06-2014, 09:56 AM
How many people from your clan have stopped playing this game? I am in two. One has 400 and only about 6 still play and the other has 200 and around four still play. This is on Xbox. I run two gamer tags with 8 toons and grind dailies/weeklies to get rep boxes. This week the lag and lack of arkfalls I didn't even bother. It seems the nerfs drove people away and now it's the lag..............But hey, there working on new content!

AllGamer
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Make a new character on the PC
PC-NA is live and kicking

actually the server seems to have trouble keeping up with the amount of people (just another theory about the lags, and login queues)

Sevrin
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
A month ago the PC NA clan I was in had 15 to 20 active daily players. Last two weeks it was mostly me and one or maybe two others.

KILLSHOT707
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM

actually the server seems to have trouble keeping up with the amount of people (just another theory about the lags, and login queues) Not going to waste my time. The game quality is a joke at this point. Borderlands comes out on next Tuesday and I will be on that game until they (if) fix this one.

Brindled
10-06-2014, 10:28 AM
That's the nature of the beast considering f2p games. I've played several, and all of them had high turnover rates.

AllGamer
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
A month ago the PC NA clan I was in had 15 to 20 active daily players. Last two weeks it was mostly me and one or maybe two others.

That'll depend on how active is the guild itself

I joined Team Evo, since I joined, at least 6 other new members joined.

They are very active, and we've always got something going on.

Of course I did my homework before joining, checking out which groups are the most active before joining them.

Just yesterday Sunday, we did 2 Warmaster runs back to back, I was actually surprised we pulled it off with the horrible server lag

and yes we did kill it twice and got lots of loots :D

We always do Dailys / Weeklys maps together and do pursuits as well.

Anyway, It's fun, when you are with the right people ;)

DrTogobban
10-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Not going to waste my time. The game quality is a joke at this point. Borderlands comes out on next Tuesday and I will be on that game until they (if) fix this one.

It does? Between D and B, well, ow.

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
That'll depend on how active is the guild itself

I joined Team Evo, since I joined, at least 6 other new members joined.

They are very active, and we've always got something going on.

Of course I did my homework before joining, checking out which groups are the most active before joining them.

Just yesterday Sunday, we did 2 Warmaster runs back to back, I was actually surprised we pulled it off with the horrible server lag

and yes we did kill it twice and got lots of loots :D

We always do Dailys / Weeklys maps together and do pursuits as well.

Anyway, It's fun, when you are with the right people ;)

ha knew you wear in clan evo :P so is i hehe. anyway. befor i joined evo and befor i left the clan i had been in for ages to go clan hoping to chronus then to evo. i had my home clan there population useto be well over 400 active memebers on every day ranging from people over seas that played on NA with us. to a tun of people in the NA area .

when the clan started to die. all that remained wear the remaining 10 if that loyal players.

i miss that clan. back in the day it was the best of the best. now. if i mintion there name. i dout anyone other then them would know it. awww screw it :: I MISS YOU MY OLD CLAN CORE :: thy may of been slowly disappearing but thy weare allways a family :) evo feels that way too

there allways doing activitys there allways playing along side cronus. and there allways fun to talk with and hang out with.

Extreme Rugburn
10-06-2014, 02:11 PM
I only enter the game to buy or sell items. I havent "played" since before Destiny. When I am not busy at work I check out the forums and to be honest I have no desire to return to this game in its present state. I have one friend who says he cannot even get daily/weekly Co-Ops done so I *might* log in to help him. It would take a lot to get me to play again multiple times a week, especially with Borderlands the Pre-Sequel coming out. Plus Destiny is still relevant for me and I have yet to 100% complete Darksouls II.

Belle Starr
10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Ok, I know this is off the topic of this thread, but Rugburn brought it up! What is the fascination of buying and selling stuff in Defiance? The forums are full of people doing it. My old clan founder used to hang out more by the vendors then playing the game, so what am I missing? As far as I can see, the exchanges are in scrip, not real money, unless there is a secret message I'm also missing. Are these all business majors practicing their future careers? :confused:

Also, I'm a fairly new member of Team Evolution, and glad to have players to play with again. It had gotten to the point with my old clan that I would often be online with no other clan mates on the server, and hardly ever had enough to do a clan coop. :(

Now I have plenty of clan mates who are always friendly and willing to help! And no one is paying me any scrip for this unabashed endorsement of Team Evolution! :D

duction
10-06-2014, 03:10 PM
the EU xbox server is dead, will they move us to the NA server yet?

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Ok, I know this is off the topic of this thread, but Rugburn brought it up! What is the fascination of buying and selling stuff in Defiance? The forums are full of people doing it. My old clan founder used to hang out more by the vendors then playing the game, so what am I missing? As far as I can see, the exchanges are in scrip, not real money, unless there is a secret message I'm also missing. Are these all business majors practicing their future careers? :confused:

Also, I'm a fairly new member of Team Evolution, and glad to have players to play with again. It had gotten to the point with my old clan that I would often be online with no other clan mates on the server, and hardly ever had enough to do a clan coop. :(

Now I have plenty of clan mates who are always friendly and willing to help! And no one is paying me any scrip for this unabashed endorsement of Team Evolution! :D

buying and selling items is so people can make scrip at a faster rate then if thy worked the hard way for it by grinding it out. this is a commen thing in almost all MMOs it alows someone to make ingame cash fast to get the things thy want. but i my self find that the prices befor F2P where much lower then the prices of now. seems every one and there mother think every one is made of scrip. 500k for a mod or an item ? im sorry i recall back in the day when the most people sold things for was 50k makes things so much more annoying.

someone might arugue supply and demand. counter argument to that is. " theres not a dang thing in this game worth 500k in the least bit EVER, anyone selling for that high or higher is just plane greedy "

but back on topic. i miss the days of full clans 5 10 15 clans runing ark falls and events. man i remeber death marches that spanned from MT tam all the way to the over pass zigzaging every inch of of paradise. now we never see them anymore.

Tallon
10-06-2014, 04:42 PM

actually the server seems to have trouble keeping up with the amount of people (just another theory about the lags, and login queues)
wow really? You must be on a different pc-na than I am. I mean don't get me wrong soloing arkfalls and such can be fun, but overpopulation is most definately NOT a problem.

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 04:47 PM
wow really? You must be on a different pc-na than I am. I mean don't get me wrong soloing arkfalls and such can be fun, but overpopulation is most definately NOT a problem.

nope hes on the same one i am. its called haveing a clan thats active. PC NA evo and chronus are both good clans that are filled with active players and it makes the game vary much more fun.

Tallon
10-06-2014, 05:09 PM
nope hes on the same one i am. its called haveing a clan thats active. PC NA evo and chronus are both good clans that are filled with active players and it makes the game vary much more fun.
well yea, I figured that you have a good and active clan, but the server in general is still pretty inactive. Bravo for those able to keep their clan up and populated. Mine is down to 2, can't blame them for leaving either.

hardy83
10-06-2014, 05:15 PM
On Steam, the game averages 1500 players. I've seen it as high as 2200 and as low as 800.

When the server lag is really bad you see the number drop considerably.

It WAS as high as 10k as soon as it went F2P, but that lasted about a week, most likely due to how bad the servers for this game are.

The server stability really kill this game.
I know people play this game on PC from other sources, but I think it's a good source for population ideas. My guess is PC is around 2-4k constantly, which isn't bad for a game this old and, quite frankly, this unstable.

Don't know about consoles.

crazyged
10-06-2014, 10:47 PM

Yup, I'm enjoying being in an active clan again.

Since my new toon joined Evo, I can go pretty much anywhere and see those blue arrows floating about. On EU, I see maybe one or two clannies online at any given time...

PTR47
10-06-2014, 10:59 PM
500k for a mod or an item ? im sorry i recall back in the day when the most people sold things for was 50k makes things so much more annoying.

someone might arugue supply and demand. counter argument to that is. " theres not a dang thing in this game worth 500k in the least bit EVER, anyone selling for that high or higher is just plane greedy "

Nonsense.

$50k, imo, has always been on the cheaper side. That was due to supply; people undercutting each other. It has never reflected the true time-value of the mods. Reduce the supply to almost ZERO due to massive reward cuts and the introduction of the T4 jackpot, and your quick drip into the market is stopped.

Then increase the demand 10x with F2P.

I don't like it either, but that is the market conditions atm. I hope they change.

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Nonsense.

$50k, imo, has always been on the cheaper side. That was due to supply; people undercutting each other. It has never reflected the true time-value of the mods. Reduce the supply to almost ZERO due to massive reward cuts and the introduction of the T4 jackpot, and your quick drip into the market is stopped.

Then increase the demand 10x with F2P.

I don't like it either, but that is the market conditions atm. I hope they change.

if thy do it will have to be a forced change by the vets to make it happen. its like the WOW acution house or any game with an auction house all over agine

every one wants that high price and no one wants to sell cheep. whats sad is . the mods i need are the hardest to get ones hands on. there the chimera mods for an SMG and that alone makes it even harder to get ones hands on becuse a person can only make 10 cores if that a week. for me. im makeing helf that a week....

i do recall back in the day when someone could trade a mod or mods wear just given away i still do that from time to time. if someone needs a mod and i have it ill give it away. the old ways are still there. its just harder to find them.

AllGamer
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
When the server lag is really bad you see the number drop considerably.

It WAS as high as 10k as soon as it went F2P, but that lasted about a week, most likely due to how bad the servers for this game are.

The server stability really kill this game.

Pretty much this ^

If they fixed the damn lag, I'm sure more people would be interested in this game, but with the constant DC and lag, who would want to stay, unless they have something fun going on, that is worth the effort to stay on.

A new player without knowing anyone on the server, would very likely just leave after checking it out, and not being able to do crap due the constant lag / DC

When I started, it wasn't this bad, 2 weeks later, the servers just kept dying, If I had joined when that was going on, I'd have probably not liked what I see, luckily I joined this game before the problems started, and saw how good the game can be, when it actually works else I wouldn't be here.

Darksoul1978
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
I really, really don't understand the complaints on selling prices. Scrip is for the most part useless in this game. All I use it for is the 3k I spend on a T4, 40k for a mod crate or 10k for an arkspike. If you actually play the game you can make 50k in a few hours of playing no problem between the rewards, cash drops and weapon pickups you sell to vendors you make loads fast.

PTR47
10-06-2014, 11:47 PM
if thy do it will have to be a forced change by the vets to make it happen. its like the WOW acution house or any game with an auction house all over agine

I used to play the WoW auction house on one of the original servers. It's exceedingly difficult until you balance supply-demand with the time-value of items, after which it starts making a heck of a lot of sense. Time-value is really important in determining base-price, from which you can determine supply-demand from.

Time-value is basically same-same. Where the supply meets demand, time:value should be 1:1. By this, I mean if you can farm, say, 60g/hour or 12 Superior Mana Potions/hour, each mana potion will gravitate towards 5g each. Then supply-demand then takes over to make deviations to the base established time-value price. Knowing T-V lets you quickly identify market trends and be able to corner markets, etc.

Vets will not change supply/demand in the current market. Supply/demand only does this. With an increase in demand, Trion must increase supply for any lasting effect.

JadedSinn
10-06-2014, 11:55 PM
I really, really don't understand the complaints on selling prices. Scrip is for the most part useless in this game. All I use it for is the 3k I spend on a T4, 40k for a mod crate or 10k for an arkspike. If you actually play the game you can make 50k in a few hours of playing no problem between the rewards, cash drops and weapon pickups you sell to vendors you make loads fast.

we where talking about how the prices are well over 500k for a single mod. or a single weapon and higher. how the F2P players have forced the cash to be boosted up higher then it should be. and how the lower drop rate of scrip and weapons is also forceing the price to go up higher.

and i dont know what your doing each day to make 50K in an hour but id love to find out. becuse if you can make 50K an hour that would mean that i would be makeing 500K in the 10 hours i spend on this game each day. insted im only makeing around 100k in that time. so. ya whats your secret