PDA

View Full Version : What possible reason could there be for empty emergencies at this stage of the game?

crasher
10-07-2014, 12:12 PM
'Spreading the disease' roadside emergencies still pop up on the map with no population of badguys at all.
None.
Nada.
Empty.
Devoid of any action whatsoever.

http://s876.photobucket.com/user/kaos_crasher/media/Defi/Ooops/DeadEmergency.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Defi/Ooops/DeadEmergency.jpg

I finished an emergency at that location on the road, (2622, 937) Southeast of IDR, went to kill a few bugs a few yards away, and the the emergency spawned.
No NPCs there at all.
There usually aren't when it spawns just north of Bug/Chug, and other places, so it's not unusual to see it from spawn to despawn with no NPCs around, but....

Isn't it getting just a little far along in the game's life to keep seeing this?

To keep seeing roadside emergencies with the trucks floating 10 feet in the air?
These events happen at the same place over and over, it's not like they have a unique elevation from the last time the trucks were there.

To see incursion events such as 'Blow up the volge' where the 'bombs' have to be set on the crates, but, one of the crates is down under ground level and can't be accessed?

It was old last summer when stuff like this was going on.
It's a year later.
It's still going on.

Sure, I could be more understanding if, say, the map had doubled in size during that time, and all the devs had been busy as Santa's elves making toys right up to December 24th.
But face it, they turned out a few Slinky's and a Jack-in-the-box in that time.

Really.
What's it gonna take to see some Proof of Life that the dev team is actually alive and well, and not being held hostage in Mexico by some cartel that forgot to send the ransom notice?

Anyone?

Can we at least get a photograph of the Dev Closet showing a minimum of 2 dev's sitting at desks holding a current newspaper headline showing a recent date?
Pixilate the faces... sure, no prob, but show me a body, preferably warm and animated, in good faith, will ya's?

My 'toon was sitting on a truck waiting for badguys to show up, since about a minute after the emergency spawned.
It sat there, ready, all the while I typed this..... [The score is from sniping 2 bugs off to one side, on a hill, I got bored.]
ETA:
Still sitting there.

Tomxj
10-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Plot twist: they're invisible.

Rashere
10-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Plot twist: they're invisible.

Anything's possible.

I kicked this over to QA to see if we can get a reproducible case so we can get it fixed.

Thanks for the report,

Rashere

Xaat Xuun
10-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Maybe the NPC's learned to Shard hop as well

AllGamer
10-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Anything's possible.

I kicked this over to QA to see if we can get a reproducible case so we can get it fixed.

Thanks for the report,

Rashere

We see that quite often

normally Logging Out then Logging back In fixes it

Rashere
10-07-2014, 01:53 PM
We see that quite often

normally Logging Out then Logging back In fixes it

Thanks. Hopefully that's just coincidence since those type of bugs are notoriously difficult to track down.

Rashere

AllGamer
10-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks. Hopefully that's just coincidence since those type of bugs are notoriously difficult to track down.

Rashere

Just my theory, but It might be worth checking for Sever / Client sync issues in the code.

add a verify step in the code to trap those "out of phase" incursions / sieges

from my own experience, apparently the server believes it's correct, but users are often shifted out of phase with the server, so even when they can see and go to the place, when we arrive it's empty, unless we log-out / log-back-in to get back into the same phase-

Rashere
10-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Just my theory, but It might be worth checking for Sever / Client sync issues in the code.

add a verify step in the code to trap those "out of phase" incursions / sieges

from my own experience, apparently the server believes it's correct, but users are often shifted out of phase with the server, so even when they can see and go to the place, when we arrive it's empty, unless we log-out / log-back-in to get back into the same phase-

There's a couple possibilities that come up immediately: overly aggressive NPC culling or the proximity trigger that kicks off the event not picking up the player. Neither is particularly pleasant if that's the root cause.

Rashere

SanCarioca
10-07-2014, 03:20 PM

Rashere

As an ex-developer, I truly agree with you. You need more tools to address these kinds of issues.

I made a suggestion about this in a Defiance Data question, would love to hear input on this:

"Could we have an easy way to report screenshots of "visual bugs" inside the game?"
http://www.defiancedata.com/question.php?id=556

Bentu
10-08-2014, 05:06 AM
The Grid got them and they're perma cloaked, , as forthe devs I think they are working on other more important things.

Re those type of bugs though, they should of been fixed before the game shipped let alone fixed a year ago.