PDA

View Full Version : What will you replace "preparedness" with?

Bonehead
10-08-2014, 04:14 PM
"To address these problems while keeping Preparedness useful, we’ve changed its functionality to tie it to your equipped weapon’s reload. Preparedness now reloads a percentage of your stowed weapon’s clip each time you fully reload the weapon in your hands. This can be quite difficult to track, a problem shared by many triggered abilities, so we’ve updated the display of triggered effects so they display each time they are triggered. In the image here, our intrepid APS deliveryman has just finished reloading his Zagger, and therefore partially reloaded the weapon he has stowed."

Read the full article here;

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/10/08/game-mechanics-update-reloading-and-perks/

So my question is, What will you use now instead of preparedness? Some might keep it I suppose but I can't see why. I have run with the same loadout for a while now and the changes to this perk pretty much wreck it for me. Hummmmm, gonna take some thought and I would be interested in hearing opinions on what others will be using instead.

SirServed
10-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Due to my play style, I don't currently use Preparedness. I use my Primary weapon for Low to Mid combat ranges and my Secondary grants utility, based on the situation I'm in. Also, my VOT Needler (Primary in 4 of my 6 loadouts, Secondary in 1 of 6) has the 25% stowed weapon clip reloaded on a kill epic bonus. It seems like it's a good change for those that run double nanos though. I would have to see the actual percentage to be implemented before I could pass judgment.

Edit: So I looked at the sample percentage of 50 and at that point its usefulness would widely depend on the full fire and reload cycle timer of the weapon in hand, ideally being as close to 5 seconds as possible. I could assume weapons with small clip sizes and small reserves (Rocket Launchers), weapons with very large clip sizes (LMGs), and weapons with relatively large clip sizes with small reserves (certain Sniper Rifles) would be most negatively affected as the weapon in hand even without testing.

jay ellis
10-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I think after this mechanics change more players will replace preparedness with Destiny.

Bonehead
10-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Thank's Sir. That's good food for thought.

Chump Norris
10-08-2014, 05:31 PM

Bonehead
10-08-2014, 05:35 PM
I think after this mechanics change more players will replace preparedness with Destiny.

Gotta say I'm having a ball playing Fallout 3 for the first time while the lag issues are sorted out.

Still, the game (Defiance) is a peach imho.

jay ellis
10-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Gotta say I'm having a ball playing Fallout 3 for the first time while the lag issues are sorted out.

Still, the game (Defiance) is a peach imho.

I agree. I absolutely love this game despite logic and what feels like every effort to make me hate it. I find myself playing less and less though, and it's not because of patches or updates, its because all my friends keep jumping ship. Sometimes i log in and wonder what the hell I should do.

SirServed
10-08-2014, 05:53 PM
I agree. I absolutely love this game despite logic and what feels like every effort to make me hate it. I find myself playing less and less though, and it's not because of patches or updates, its because all my friends keep jumping ship. Sometimes i log in and wonder what the hell I should do.
Shooting things in the face can be very therapeutic, even if for a short period of time.

Bentu
10-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Not a problem for me, I don't use it.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-08-2014, 07:43 PM
havent used that perk in a long time

Atticus Batman
10-08-2014, 07:48 PM
I've never bothered with The prepared perk, so it doesn't bug me. Besides what did you think would happen, when all of the Preparedness users bragged about duel wielding weapons and never having to stop to reload?! It's a known gaming fact, that if the majority uses the same thing, the same way, that it will get nerfed, altered, or removed.

crasher
10-08-2014, 08:28 PM
I've never bothered with The prepared perk, so it doesn't bug me. Besides what did you think would happen, when all of the Preparedness users bragged about duel wielding weapons and never having to stop to reload?! It's a known gaming fact, that if the majority uses the same thing, the same way, that it will get nerfed, altered, or removed.

So remember, boys and grrls, don't use those grenades in the ways that everyone else does.
Be imaginative, and find alternate uses for them instead, and be content knowing that the only way to KEEP a system is to never USE that system in the way that makes the most sense.

To the point, preparedness is just one more thing I wouldn't bother using anymore.

otoh, finding all kinds of changes to the game that I loved to play and missed a lot while I was gone, I'm seeing less of the game I missed, and more of games I avoid.

Losing the preparedness perk on top of all the other stuff that went by the wayside while I was gone.... Ya'll didn't seem to (fully) notice just how much the water temperature had changed for that poor old frog, but having just been dropped into the water I noticed it fast.

DEFI, you just aint what you were, and it's just not the game I loved.

I still love wandering the landscape, and standing on the cliffs watching the sunrise.
I still love night time scrapper arkfalls, the sky blazing with space junk.
And I still think the music is pretty good.
Love the new graphix models, btw... some really good work there. Seriously... Good Work, guys.

But playing?
I dunno, not so much anymore.
The lag is worse than launch issues were.
I've run into scads of f2p'rs who just don't feel any need to act like part of a vibrant community 'cuz they walked thru the revolving door. Don't get me wrong, I've met some seriously cool people who love the game, and are a blast, but I'm feeling the need to wipe my feet on the way out a lot more often than I ever did before.
Too many super weapons. Really? It seems like hundreds of weapons that are getting to be just one step short of Jim Carey (in The Mask) pulling out a handful of cartoon weapons.
Too many overpowered bulletsponges that are just overpowered bulletsponges because that was the easiest thing to do when you had to make stuff 'more challenging'.
Weapons-wise? Too many competing statistics that just take hundreds or thousands of weapons combinations with all the possible permutations and making a resulting 98% of the resulting stuff a disappointing average with the off chance of maybe getting something really satisfying in a seriously limited and narrow band.

Sorry to be the rainy day, guys, really.

I'll just slink off with my tail between my legs, and stop harshing anyone's mellow anymore.

Atticus Batman
10-08-2014, 08:38 PM
So remember, boys and grrls, don't use those grenades in the ways that everyone else does.
Be imaginative, and find alternate uses for them instead, and be content knowing that the only way to KEEP a system is to never USE that system in the way that makes the most sense.

To the point, preparedness is just one more thing I wouldn't bother using anymore.

otoh, finding all kinds of changes to the game that I loved to play and missed a lot while I was gone, I'm seeing less of the game I missed, and more of games I avoid.

Losing the preparedness perk on top of all the other stuff that went by the wayside while I was gone.... Ya'll didn't seem to (fully) notice just how much the water temperature had changed for that poor old frog, but having just been dropped into the water I noticed it fast.

DEFI, you just aint what you were, and it's just not the game I loved.

I still love wandering the landscape, and standing on the cliffs watching the sunrise.
I still love night time scrapper arkfalls, the sky blazing with space junk.
And I still think the music is pretty good.
Love the new graphix models, btw... some really good work there. Seriously... Good Work, guys.

But playing?
I dunno, not so much anymore.
The lag is worse than launch issues were.
I've run into scads of f2p'rs who just don't feel any need to act like part of a vibrant community 'cuz they walked thru the revolving door. Don't get me wrong, I've met some seriously cool people who love the game, and are a blast, but I'm feeling the need to wipe my feet on the way out a lot more often than I ever did before.
Too many super weapons. Really? It seems like hundreds of weapons that are getting to be just one step short of Jim Carey (in The Mask) pulling out a handful of cartoon weapons.
Too many overpowered bulletsponges that are just overpowered bulletsponges because that was the easiest thing to do when you had to make stuff 'more challenging'.
Weapons-wise? Too many competing statistics that just take hundreds or thousands of weapons combinations with all the possible permutations and making a resulting 98% of the resulting stuff a disappointing average with the off chance of maybe getting something really satisfying in a seriously limited and narrow band.

Sorry to be the rainy day, guys, really.

I'll just slink off with my tail between my legs, and stop harshing anyone's mellow anymore.

Defiance hasn't been the same since DLC 1 was released. You, of all people, should know they keep changing things, in hopes of finding that goose that lays golden eggs, but instead only find chickens with rotten eggs.

And your grenade remark, as you know, was changed LONG ago, when they removed our unique grenades and made them consumables with a 5 nade cap, but kept that dumb timer on them too. That is also when they first started altering perks.

3rdpig
10-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Since I seem to prefer weapons that are very slow to reload I have Preparedness in almost every loadout.

Although to be perfectly honest, I play only once or twice a week for an hour or two each time.

So I guess I'll replace Preparedness by spending even more time idle at The Crater while I'm playing Star Wars Commander on my tablet and chatting with the one person I know who still thinks Defiance is fun.

Ned Kelly
10-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Wouldn't it be better if the entire gaming community (only the vocal minority will read this so it will take a huge amount of effort on my part) to formulate a list of things we like with the game and they can just nerf or remove them all. Instead of loadout competitions etc to work on weapons and perks they want to destroy in exchange for three blues and a crap epic with a 0.0001% chance at the jackpot.

BTW how can I reload my sword.

Kanah
10-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Preparedness with twin lmgs was one of the things that was fun to discover and a joy to use. Just like on-reload ego bonuses with an smg, these were the things that when discovered marked someone's transition from noob to advanced player.

The problem with the direction these latest changes are taking us, is the game is just less fun.

Chump Norris
10-09-2014, 02:18 AM
The problem with the direction these latest changes are taking us, is the game is just less fun.

They are just trying to balance that fun out though! King Trion seems to think making PvE less fun will balance the fun factor between PvE and PvP.

Ned Kelly
10-09-2014, 02:23 AM
They are just trying to balance that fun out though! King Trion seems to think making PvE less fun will balance the fun factor between PvE and PvP.

lololol "if we squeezes all the funz from pve people will be attracted to pvp as it will seem funz. No nerfing when doing daily standard coopz"

muhahahaha

On topic

I would replace preparedness with another game, back to looking

TremerChrist
10-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Remember when Preparedness worked without using your ammo reserves and Saws were beast? Duel Saws, never reload and never run out of ammo!

Kuurong
10-09-2014, 05:04 AM
I really have to ask.. Has anyone even bothered to look at what they had to show for the change? It is right there in the news article for everyone to take a peek at. From what I saw it was, at level 3, 50% on full reload (5 second cool down.) So yeah unless if they only used that for a place holder, that is what might be the new "Preparedness."

ironcladtrash
10-09-2014, 05:36 AM
Edited posted in other thread.

AllGamer
10-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Well, looking forward to see how the new Preparedness works.

if it doesn't reload the 2nd weapon fast enough, might be better off to pick some other perk, or completely make a new build on something else.

Blackwolfe
10-09-2014, 09:00 AM
I'll replace it with.. erm.. wait, I don't even use preparedness. Only used it for leveling sawn-off shotguns.

Wurm
10-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Never was a fan of it to begin with, I have other perks I like better.

Lucent
10-09-2014, 09:08 AM
I too only used it when I would double-courier. Running a doble courier was seriously fun. I am sad to see that go.
I'm sad to see the game go to crap in general.
Some of the most fun experiences where from low reload/etc like double-courier or my Bonfire. Things I loved and really had fun with.
Good to know that the game is making it easier for me to say goodbye by changing the things that made it fun for over a year. I feel like I have been super accepting as the player base got repeatedly crapped on and I just kept trying to experience the fun in the game and enjoy it anyway. But with the loss of some of the little redeeming factors that made the game fun and quirky, I'm over it. Don't tell me that getting a super awesome triple reload Quartermaster Bonfire with EGO on reload and be ridiculously thrilled about it now means nothing. That was my baby. You killed it. I don't care what else you nerf at this point, you've already ruined my most favorite weapon. And for what? Literally no real reason, actually.

Defiance, you're breaking my heart! And you're going down a path I cannot follow!

So there's that.
Defiance really was such a unique console experience that I doubt anyone will try to replicate only because they saw Defiance struggle. Defiance didn't need to struggle as much as it did. I really thought [past tense] it was a real diamond in the rough. How else could a game riddled with so many issues actually be so fablulously fun for so many of us?
Ah, I'm sure many of us who have stopped playing the game with a heavy heart look at other recent games and think "This game is great... but if it were more like Defiance, it'd be a lot better."
Nothing for a long time will compete with the fun of overloaded Major Arkfalls or Incursion Sieges.

Oh, my sweet little Defiance. How I will miss thee.
You should have just stayed more true to yourself instead of constant reinventing of gameplay and changing very very basic weapon mechanics, many of which have been in there since launch.

Extreme Rugburn
10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
havent used that perk in a long time

I havent used the game in a long time, LOL.

TremerChrist
10-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Don't tell me that getting a super awesome triple reload Quartermaster Bonfire with EGO on reload and be ridiculously thrilled about it now means nothing.

Agree 100%. The nerf on "effect on reload" was the end for me. It took the fun out of my favorite weapon. A weapon that I had spent real cash on rerolling to get speedy feet. Never bothered to play PvP but the game I loved has been changed so many times over the vocal minority.

Lucent
10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
P.S. I miss you, Tremer Christ, and all my Defiance buddies! Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to play after the reload cooldown thing because what if I really hated it... then my last experience would be hating my favorite game.

YOU HEAR THAT TRION, YES, AMONG ALL THE OTHER BLOCKBUSTERS IN THE WORLD, DEFIANCE REALLY HAD BECOME MY FAVORITE GAME. But I guess those days are over now. ;(

BIEBERyoloSWAG
10-09-2014, 01:08 PM

Give this man a cookie

DeMoNofDEATH
10-09-2014, 01:42 PM
great... now its going to take a full second to reload my zagger... awesome...

Quebra Regra
10-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Wow, there goes any idea I had of firing this up again..

Preparedness was key to my character running and gunning with my grindfragger, we had a lot of fun over the years. Was this nerfed because of the cloak-zagger stupidity? PVP was always "silly" and will continue to be so until EVERYTHING in the game is nerfed into oblivion.

When will they ever learn?

Basically, if it's fun, or useful expect a nerf.

Somebody stick a fork in TRION, because I'm done with them and the piss poor decisions they have made.

adrokier
10-09-2014, 03:29 PM
So my question is, What will you use now instead of preparedness? Some might keep it I suppose but I can't see why. I have run with the same loadout for a while now and the changes to this perk pretty much wreck it for me. Hummmmm, gonna take some thought and I would be interested in hearing opinions on what others will be using instead.

I really dnt like what they doin and many ppl in friendlist PS3 are the same opinion .... cant understand those ppl saying "...yeah good what u doing, good to nerf full reload effects and its good to change Game Mechanics Reload Time for all Weapons and take away Bonus from Zagger ... "may be the Test Server Players allegiant to their Host?

I paid money to get all the QM Mods for my Zagger ... will I get a compensation like the Defiant Detonator users? Yes? Then pls compensation for been paying 80euros(or more) for the Mods. I bought the purple Mods to get the right QM Shotgun Mods ! And I needed to contact Support to get at least the QM Reload Mod ... after paying paying paying money for mods and only got crappy BMG, Infector , bad melee Mods ... and such things !

I dnt dnt like that, I think all Forumreaders now knowing thatand I can stop trolling that , grrrrrrrr

Sry to be that harsh and direct - but dnt like those changes ... they r bad for ppl who paying money for special type of weapon and mods to have a special function working ...

WanWhiteWolf
10-09-2014, 05:59 PM
There are about 12 perks that I would consider for PvE. Now there will be 11.

As replacement use the purple bonus with 25% amo / kill. Most builds will be alright.

Any perma-switching builds will be destroyed though. For example I use sometimes detonator+rocket build at incursions. I shoot and switch; no reload. This will be broken. Same for electrical/fire build. At my ego level I might reload the electrical weapon once before most mobs lose their shields. As result the fire weapon will be on low amo.

Edit: For PvP no decent player uses that.

B4Ugo
10-10-2014, 02:27 AM
I have started using my AHR(ArcHunter Roulette) build!! NO OFFENSIVE OR DEFENSIVE PERKS @ ALL!!! Decoy ego power (because they can Nerf that all they want almost no one uses it!?) so nothing left for them to take away exept the EGO POWERS & of course the name DEFIANCE.... Since they willy nilly change the whole game why not the name also? And I know nothing we say or do (so many have left or spend 0 real money any more) because GRENADES.

Bonehead
10-10-2014, 03:04 AM
There are about 12 perks that I would consider for PvE. Now there will be 11.

Amen Brother.
I think I will try out some of the nano specific perks to play with. Gonna miss the old prep perk though.

*sniff*

Ned Kelly
10-10-2014, 03:12 AM
Snip.....

Edit: For PvP no decent player uses that.

I would be interested to know how many people have actually used Preparedness in PvP. I for one never have as imo there wasn't enough benefit in using it compared to other perks available. So I can only assume that this is a nerf to reduce players rewards in PvE events.

You know, keep the longer, more fulfilling chase going. Because we can't have people getting big scores and more keys and arkforge now can we.....?

drackiller
10-11-2014, 02:48 AM
I like the Preparedness Perk. That`s all i have to say.