PDA

View Full Version : sitting on the edge of conflict sites.

Deadeye Joe
10-09-2014, 02:47 AM
Last night I was running through dark matter hq for vbi contract, and a level 5400 player came and perched on the rim of the zone, elevating threat level to ten (him and me combined). He was content to allow me to finish the conflict site on my own whilst he stand next to ammo box... Dancing. Usually I wouldn't advocate naming names, but until trion fixes this exploit, the only thing we can do as players is to name and shame the selfish individuals that seek to freeload

And so...

Censored. Censored. Censored.
Ps3 Eu server
Clan- pillarches legendaries

You are scum.

Edit- I removed name as I don't wish to incur punishment in my pursuit of justice. But I still encourage the use of zone chat to expose these foul players.

Thanks for your time, and until I can report players for poor conduct I will publicly denounce these piss pots for what they are. I also strongly recommend everyone else does the same. Cheers.

Fuzzy
10-09-2014, 02:51 AM
Naming and shaming is against the CoC.

Naming/Accusing/Calling out: Do not name specific individuals and accuse them of wrongdoing. Also do not call out specific individuals (including members of the Development Team).

http://forums.defiance.com/announcement.php?f=3&a=4

As much as I hate this behaviour, this isn't allowed.
If I would have been in your shoes, I'd have left the Conflict Site. I wouldn't have done the work for them.
I'd rather do the Conflict Site again in another shard or later on than do the work for lazy people.

Snowclan
10-09-2014, 03:39 AM
I'm fond of dragging enemies back to the person who isn't helping and using them for cover. I have also been known to go stand next to them and wait instead of finishing up the mission.

If that doesn't work, I can always start a discussion in Zone chat about it. That usually does the trick.

The really annoying thing about people who do that is that there's no reason for it. You can leave, go stand around at one of the quick travel points, and you will still get credit for having completed the mission. You don't have to hang around jacking up the threat level.

Atticus Batman
10-09-2014, 03:40 AM
As Fuzzy said, naming and shaming is against the rules. It can get you banned. In game kite some enemies to the jerk, then leave. If you shot something, then as long as you stay on that shard, once the conflict is finished you will still get credit. So go do an arkfall (NOT arkbreak because once you, enter those you left the shard) or incursion or something. If later you don't have the credit, then obviously nobody finished it or you left the shard, so go back and do it.

BlyndDragon
10-09-2014, 04:47 AM
No naming or shaming... Yeah because trion don't give a crap and would rather cover it up instead of fix it... Trion is the type of company that puts a shelf on the wall on a angle so stuff slides off, they either ignore it or once they realise it they decide to paint the shelf then charge people extra money to use it instead of fixing the shelf.
I have said this to many people and yet to have one person disagree... Most laugh knowing its true.

Stop painting the shelf... Listen to what the players are saying and start fixing it and stop with the greed. You are butchering the game.

Deadeye Joe
10-09-2014, 04:51 AM
I've said all I wanted to. If you wanna debate codes of conduct, I suggest having some for this game. Truthfully, what deterrent is there for this behaviour? None. Gta online, a game which actively encouraged you to be a ****** bag had more systems in place to penalise unsporting conduct than this. If using the forum gets you into trouble, use zone chat instead, but these people need to be made example of. I apologise if anyone is disturbed by my outrageous breach of conduct. (I never read it. Obvs.)

AllGamer
10-09-2014, 06:30 AM
I've seen plenty of that as well in the PC-NA

It's extremely annoying dealing with all the TL10 mobs by yourself, while they just comfortably sit at the sidelines waiting for you to complete the Daily / Weekly contracts.

Problem with what OP mentioned is, sometimes they just hide in inaccessible areas where the mobs can't reach him, so even if you lure the pack of mobs there they'll still follow you, unless you cloak and hope they stay there.

Very much the same problem with those in Expert maps for the free core (or cores)

Joy Turner
10-09-2014, 06:57 PM
This has happened to me a time or two as well. Mobs cut through my tissue paper shields like no ones business so I just leave. Within 10 mins I get a notification saying I have completed the conflict site. Sux when you kill things with one or 2 shots then someone much higher level comes along and it takes a clip or 2 of ammunition to kill the same mob.

Tallon
10-09-2014, 08:32 PM
This has happened to me a time or two as well. Mobs cut through my tissue paper shields like no ones business so I just leave. Within 10 mins I get a notification saying I have completed the conflict site. Sux when you kill things with one or 2 shots then someone much higher level comes along and it takes a clip or 2 of ammunition to kill the same mob.
I agree, but blame the game not the higher ranked player. Odds are he/she is just doing their daily's or weekly's.

Darksoul1978
10-09-2014, 11:23 PM
yup Lots of this in Ps3 NA pretty much everyday I'm doing at least 1 level 10 contract with some ****** camping on the edge.

Ned Kelly
10-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Have you noticed this player is doing this as a practise for all daily's and weekly's or is simply a coincidence that you have run into this particular player and if it had been someone else you would have been doing this in the forum as well. You really have no idea why this person is idle.

I personally go and complete all the daily's and weeklys and encounter this sort of thing all the time. I also on occasion get emails complaining about some of the low ego players that have left these conflict sites and are being accused of tagging the event.

This is only an issue because Trion cannot/will not fix it. People's ethical code I would hope is generally high, as I will not hunt ways to circumvent what is obviously intended, but people will, but this person by simply being were he/she was when you noticed them doesn't mean they should automatically fall into the category you have prescribed.

Joy Turner
10-10-2014, 02:02 AM
It wouldn't be bad if they actually helped, but they just stand around hoping you will do the work so they can get the credit.

I'm not saying all higher levels do it, but there are some that mess things up. Most higher levels I have seen in conflict sites actually breeze right through it. :)

Deadeye Joe
10-10-2014, 02:41 AM
Trust, this was done with intent, when I asked the player to join in, he replied with "no speak English" and then started using the dance emote. After I denounced him on zone chat he miraculously mastered the English language, asked me to calm down and the finally joined in. My major gripe with this was that I had progressed half way through the mission and had paid for rep boosts on and so time was of the essence. I expect people with egos above 5000 to know better and not behave as such cowardly fools.

Bonehead
10-10-2014, 03:00 AM
I expect people with egos above 5000 to know better and not behave as such cowardly fools.

That cracks me up. You know there is no real risk right? Cowardly? Maybe being a prick but cowardly? That's just funny.
Having said that, dude, it is what it is. Open world shooter with the scaling mechanics Trion designed. Pay your money if you feel the need but it's you and you alone who takes the chance on that purchase. Anyone can have an impact on your gaming experience that you may not like. I am not defending the practice of griefing others but it's gonna happen in any game like this. Like was said earlier, just move to the next site and have some fun where you can. There is nothing you can do to change that part of the game.

Ned Kelly
10-10-2014, 03:01 AM
I agree Deadeye, that is slack, if you need to go idle, then at least spend the 30 secs to locate a safe spot outside of a daily/weekly conflict site, or just fast travel. Cowardly fools... probably not, lazy barstards yes. in the time they have to sit there idle and wait, you might as well breeze through it yourself.

Deadeye Joe
10-11-2014, 02:29 AM
Bonehead, you're a bit of a ***** really aren't you? Whatever terminology you want to give it, it's a poor show of character. Like I said, if you play the game right up to level 5000, laziness can't really be the issue as that takes a lot of time. Cowardice however suits me more as it is more offensive to the individual and ****ing true. So swivel you self righteous, over opinionated **** head.

Bonehead
10-11-2014, 02:37 AM
Bonehead, you're a bit of a ***** really aren't you? Whatever terminology you want to give it, it's a poor show of character. Like I said, if you play the game right up to level 5000, laziness can't really be the issue as that takes a lot of time. Cowardice however suits me more as it is more offensive to the individual and ****ing true. So swivel you self righteous, over opinionated **** head.

You mad bro?

otonagamer
10-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Deadeye, please check my thread. I came up with the idea to prevent this. Check the post #77 on the thread below.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175088-Free-Riding-player-on-daily-weekly-contract-Expert-Co-op-maps-problem

The idea is to detect afkers by comparing their system logs with others and give them no reward or kick them.

otonagamer
10-11-2014, 05:57 AM
By the way, you can report those people to Trion. Quick Menu>Nearby>check their ID or character name>go to menu>Setting>Support Desk>New Issue>scroll down Choose an option to Report a Player.

Lunch Box
10-11-2014, 08:35 AM
And then there's the people that go into co-op maps and just sit at the beginning and do nothing while everyone else fights for lives. Can't stand those people either.

J8 Sky
10-11-2014, 11:38 AM
And then there's the people that go into co-op maps and just sit at the beginning and do nothing while everyone else fights for lives. Can't stand those people either.

actually that's not a totally bad thing, it would be easier to run the map than him being next to you and don't do any damage.
mobs will scale more if more players are in approximate. it's easier to run it solo than to have 2 players next to you that can't carry their weight.

goodSuM
10-11-2014, 12:15 PM
I hate it because sometimes I gather all the enemies at once to attack, but then I don't notice the person come in, and then all of a sudden I die a few times and have to extract. That really got to me when I was trying to buy all the vehicles and saving up money. (I know it's only a little amount, but still.)

Lunch Box
10-11-2014, 03:26 PM
actually that's not a totally bad thing, it would be easier to run the map than him being next to you and don't do any damage.
mobs will scale more if more players are in approximate. it's easier to run it solo than to have 2 players next to you that can't carry their weight.

That is true, but then you end up kicking them from the group, because you can't move on to the next area, because they refuse to move from the beginning.

Deadeye Joe
10-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Deadeye, please check my thread. I came up with the idea to prevent this. Check the post #77 on the thread below.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175088-Free-Riding-player-on-daily-weekly-contract-Expert-Co-op-maps-problem

The idea is to detect afkers by comparing their system logs with others and give them no reward or kick them.

You got in one and all of those ideas are both valid and to the point. Thanks for sharing.

Mia Faith
10-12-2014, 03:39 PM
I get this a lot. There will always be some jerk in games

AllGamer
10-14-2014, 07:34 AM
it happened again, but this time was on a Minor Arkfall

guy comes in, shoots all the mobs once from the 2nd level, then he just sat there for the rest of the whole thing.
raising it to TL10, yet I was the only one doing all the work, since the other newbie that was there earlier only bumped the TL by a little, but when all of us combined it shoots up to TL10

Then when everything was finally dead, he just strolls in and pick up all the drops >.<