PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Returns

Cycology
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
A buddy of mine works for Gamestop, and he said they had 37 Defiance returns today alone in just one store. Said, its the first time he has seen that many games come back the day after it came out, and hasnt heard that much outcry about a game, since AION-lol

I will actually be keeping my game, I have others to keep me busy until the bugs get fixed on this one :)

Eriasu17
04-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I for one am not losing hope on this game. The game will get fix, those people were probably just new to the MMO game genre. Patience is virtue in an MMO world.

MurtherX
04-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Your buddy is a liar. Gamestop will not take returns that are open. They will take "Trade ins," which is pointless at this point to take half of what you paid for.

MoFetti
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
A buddy of mine works for Gamestop, and he said they had 37 Defiance returns today alone in just one store. Said, its the first time he has seen that many games come back the day after it came out, and hasnt heard that much outcry about a game, since AION-lol

I will actually be keeping my game, I have others to keep me busy until the bugs get fixed on this one :)

Geez this is turning into ME3

Cycology
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
He said most of them were parents, with young kids, which I can tell you, they bought it, put it in and it didnt work, so took it back

hulksmash865
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
He said most of them were parents, with young kids, which I can tell you, they bought it, put it in and it didnt work, so took it back

So much for the ESRB, lol

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Your buddy is a liar. Gamestop will not take returns that are open. They will take "Trade ins," which is pointless at this point to take half of what you paid for.

gamestop will take returns on games within the first week don't let the clerks lie to you so they do not have returns on their record the corporate policy is within 7 days they even have an option to put in that it was returned because you didn't like the game itself

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
and despite the issues this game is ****ing great day one i puklled an allnighter and i only do that on occasion with three kids i am crazy to do it at all so tells you how much fun i was having

spider17cl
04-03-2013, 07:30 PM

I use to work for GS and my manager, before he went to another store, said that they got everybody hyped about Two Worlds that people were getting the CE. After the game came out he said they allowed people to return the game because of how horrible it was and that they hyped it so much.

JerZey CJ
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
gamestop will take returns on games within the first week don't let the clerks lie to you so they do not have returns on their record the corporate policy is within 7 days they even have an option to put in that it was returned because you didn't like the game itself

That's only for unopened or used games, not opened new games.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
maybe in NJ but at the local store here i have never had the problem i guess the manager of each store might set the policy and i could be wrong worked there a couple years ago when i was laid off so thing may have changed

Andross
04-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Lol all those rage quitters

swarmingzombies
04-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I work for gamestop they will NOT give you a full refund for a brand new game that has been opend the 7 day policy is for used games and accessories.

Cycology
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
If they actually made a annoucement about not being able to play the game on your platform, such as servers are down, or what ever the problem is, they prob. wouldnt of had less returns. Alot of people are not going to get on a Forum to see whats wrong, specially parents who bought for their kids. I did see parents buying this game for kids in the 9-10 yr range.

BlkClarkKent215
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
I work for gamestop they will NOT give you a full refund for a brand new game that has been opend the 7 day policy is for used games and accessories.

TRUE! I used to be an Area Manager for GameStop and I would never permit returns on new OPENED games! It was strictly prohibited from the district managers on up! I would make exceptions of course from time to time for regulars that would spend thousands on gaming merchandise but 37 returns is ridiculous! Unless it was all put on 10 different Pre-orders! Lol

Lion_Turtyle
04-03-2013, 07:49 PM
My guess is that most of the returns were console only gamers who have never experienced or tried an MMO in their life.

Thus they lack the knowledge that all MMO launches are sketchy. No matter how hard you try, you just don't know how many people or what problems are going to come up at launch. No game is perfect and due to the massive nature of an MMO, it's first week is always a little unstable.

Ichidakiller
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Its not a store policy or district policy or gamestop policy.
Federal Law prohibits the return of new discs. The only way is if your product is defective and they will give you a new copy of the same item. Its anti piracy legislation. Works for games and movies.

baroni88
04-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Those people will wish they hadn't returned them when everything is stable. This game is amazing. I can deal with downtime. It's expected.

BlkClarkKent215
04-03-2013, 07:54 PM
My guess is that most of the returns were console only gamers who have never experienced or tried an MMO in their life.

Thus they lack the knowledge that all MMO launches are sketchy. No matter how hard you try, you just don't know how many people or what problems are going to come up at launch. No game is perfect and due to the massive nature of an MMO, it's first week is always a little unstable.

Very true! It's frustrating at times. Trying to advise parents to get the right games and they buy something like this for a 8 year old!

geigaman
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM

You obviously need to learn to read then. "New unopened games are returnable within the first 7 days." Straight off the receipt. You can't return an opened new game.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Those people will wish they hadn't returned them when everything is stable. This game is amazing. I can deal with downtime. It's expected.

agreeed 1000x agreed

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 08:01 PM
You obviously need to learn to read then. "New unopened games are returnable within the first 7 days." Straight off the receipt. You can't return an opened new game.

now see any reason to insult me and my reading skills excuse me for being wrong about something, i made a mistake. comes from being tired bud next time have a little tact when you insult me lol no really just kidding i screwed up i guess

geigaman
04-03-2013, 08:04 PM
now see any reason to insult me and my reading skills excuse me for being wrong about something, i made a mistake. comes from being tired bud next time have a little tact when you insult me lol no really just kidding i screwed up i guess

Insulting? No. Stating an obvious fact to your statement which was incredibly incorrect? Yes. I hate GameStop, that comes from being a store manager with them for years and it being a horrible job. The way you worded your previous statement could have been better, cause you were full out attacking them. Get some sleep, though. You're gonna need it for when the servers actually work. :D

Hazel
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
The main reason for the high amount of returns are the console gamers that have never played an MMO at launch. Gamestop hadn't seen so many returns on an item because you don't return MMOs. And normal games don't have stability issues because they aren't solely online games that are supposed to handle several thousands of players at once. People have no patience at all. Sadly this is especially true for console gamers. Give them something they've never seen before and they decide that the issues are to much for them.

It sucks Trion has to lose out on the money from those people. But I'm personally glad those people won't be sharing the game with us.

Wish one of those little punks would give me a pre-order code seeing as they won't need it. Gamestop screwed me out of mine >.>

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Insulting? No. Stating an obvious fact to your statement which was incredibly incorrect? Yes. I hate GameStop, that comes from being a store manager with them for years and it being a horrible job. The way you worded your previous statement could have been better, cause you were full out attacking them. Get some sleep, though. You're gonna need it for when the servers actually work. :D

its hard with my job but i will do my best hope to see you on there and your right it could have been worded differently. No hard feelings tho.

Lt SamX101
04-03-2013, 08:23 PM

You are wrong in your assessment of our return policy. I am an assistant store manager at GameStop and I can say you need to read the back of your receipt sir/ma'am. You should not call people liars until you yourself have all the facts straight. Have a good day.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 08:25 PM
You are wrong in your assessment of our return policy. I am an assistant store manager at GameStop and I can say you need to read the back of your receipt sir/ma'am. You should not call people liars until you yourself have all the facts straight. Have a good day.

wow gees people are *****y tonight lol i get it your like the 3rd person to tell me i am wrong its ok guy do you feel better for pointing it out i am wrong your are right you have a good day

forkboy315
04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I have a little over 300k power up points and I can honestly say that if you buy enough of stuff anything is returnable........now saying that I have only returned one opened game and gotten full credit back but that was two worlds two.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
I have a little over 300k power up points and I can honestly say that if you buy enough of stuff anything is returnable........now saying that I have only returned one opened game and gotten full credit back but that was two worlds two.

i didn't think i was the only one who has done this and when i worked there i returned games like that all the time lol oh well either way i am still wrong lol

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-03-2013, 08:32 PM

I agree this game is fantastic, and will only get better in time.

It's only day 2 people. I have had very little issues personally. Day one was fine, this morning I did get kicked from the servers several times, but hopped right back on, no wait. Just a little annoying but nothing to trade a game in for.

I have already got 3 friends to run out and purchase it after they were hanging on the fence.

lemieux
04-03-2013, 08:34 PM
So much for the ESRB, lol

Lmao That was priceless.

98% Parents give a careless or look at the ESRB. Quite sad, really.

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-03-2013, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Hazel;187333] People have no patience at all. Sadly this is especially true for console gamers. QUOTE]

I completely agree with you that people have no patience anymore, they want everything now now now. Society/technology has made the MAJORITY of people this way. It's sad really.

But I don't think you should group all console gamers into one pile. I play Defiance on XBOX, and as soon as I started reading up on it, I knew what I was getting into.

Armoredslayer
04-03-2013, 08:44 PM

That's not true at all, they will and have.

GrampaMurkedU

I think your buddy is full of it. Simcity was a complete disaster compared to this. On top of tbat I doubt most gamestops sold that many copies of this on day one. Not one of my friends had even heard of this game.

Someone is full of ______

AddictedNoob
Gamestop will not let you return opened merchandise.

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Gamestop will not let you return opened merchandise.

Yes they will. I have returned several OPEN new games for a full refund within a day or two. Simcity was the last one. You just have to be an adult to get what you want.

Ahza
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
If they actually made a annoucement about not being able to play the game on your platform, such as servers are down, or what ever the problem is, they prob. wouldnt of had less returns. Alot of people are not going to get on a Forum to see whats wrong, specially parents who bought for their kids. I did see parents buying this game for kids in the 9-10 yr range.

Im honeslty kinda releived that the 9-10 yr old kids returned their games, they r incredibly annoying in CoD..

Ninjamike4
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Its not a store policy or district policy or gamestop policy.
Federal Law prohibits the return of new discs. The only way is if your product is defective and they will give you a new copy of the same item. Its anti piracy legislation. Works for games and movies.

this... +1

S1L3NTKiLLaH
04-03-2013, 08:52 PM

Well I say your incorrect Mr. Gamestop manager. I have not had any issues returning opened games that are "broken" and do not play correctly. With any "policy" comes whats called an exception. This game being online dependant, is broken because the game will not function due to its current state. These bums have not even addressed the community about the issue. They will be lucky if a class action is not started because people have lost items in game that they purchased with cash. Oh and its not "our" anything its gamestops, remember your just a "manager" not an owner. Go get a real job.

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 08:56 PM
this... +1

This -2

It's called store discretion. And every store posesses it. How they label it is their problem if they want to continue to earn my business. Course I only return 1 or 2 a year. But they have always honored my request.

If you only buy a few games here or there then you are likely to get turned down. Or if you act like a chicken with his breast plate puffed out lol

Buruko
04-03-2013, 08:59 PM

So did they all like store credit? Cause they could not get a refund on an opened copy of the game.

geigaman
04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Well I say your incorrect Mr. Gamestop manager. I have not had any issues returning opened games that are "broken" and do not play correctly. With any "policy" comes whats called an exception. This game being online dependant, is broken because the game will not function due to its current state. These bums have not even addressed the community about the issue. They will be lucky if a class action is not started because people have lost items in game that they purchased with cash. Oh and its not "our" anything its gamestops, remember your just a "manager" not an owner. Go get a real job.

Your word "broken" here is intended as the GameStop term "defective" as in a non-working disc. Server issues are not "defective" issues as the disc works, you just can't connect to your game. There's no exception to that. "Any defective product may be exchanged for the same product within 30 days" is the return policy for defective games. So before you try to make someone look like an idiot, remember only you are the real idiot here.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
04-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I see what you did there cycology with your forum title @ wink wink @

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Your word "broken" here is intended as the GameStop term "defective" as in a non-working disc. Server issues are not "defective" issues as the disc works, you just can't connect to your game. There's no exception to that. "Any defective product may be exchanged for the same product within 30 days" is the return policy for defective games. So before you try to make someone look like an idiot, remember only you are the real idiot here.

You look foolish. Just because YOUR experience didn't include discretion doesn't mean many other stores don't. I have bought from 4 different gamestops since they took over funcoland and 3 of them let me return open new games. It may be against corporate policy but it does happen. Some stores know how to keep regular customers coming back. Others like yours lose the business of customers like me.

Having said that I would not consider this game a candidate for return. But that is my opinion, much like yours.

ainokeato
04-03-2013, 09:11 PM

Wrong I worked for gamestop, they take returns for used games within seven days. They do not return opened games with the exception of christmas returns.

geigaman
04-03-2013, 09:11 PM
You look foolish. Just because YOUR experience didn't include discretion doesn't mean many other stores don't. I have bought from 4 different gamestops since they took over funcoland and 3 of them let me return open new games. It may be against corporate policy but it does happen. Some stores know how to keep regular customers coming back. Others like yours lose the business of customers like me.

Having said that I would not consider this game a candidate for return. But that is my opinion, much like yours.

I pointed out the error in his words. I've returned new games for customers, I never said I didn't. I, however, said it was against policy. The only people I've ever returned new games for were regular customers who I want to come back into my store. If that guy would have come into the store saying something like that, he would have walked out with his game in his hand, no return.

I also don't work for GameStop anymore, it's a HORRIBLE job. GameStop is a corporate animal who cares only for money and not for customers.

Do I look foolish? No. Learn to analyze.

chadiwack
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM

what he said. I think your 'buddy' is a figment of your troll mind. Which gamestop?? I'm going to call and ask.

S1L3NTKiLLaH
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM

Regardless of how you interpret the information I posted, I have returned games without issue. The game disk is not deffective, the game box clearly says on the back "online only" and that is why the word "broken" was used. I for one dont mind a little down time so they can get it right, but you can tell me all you want about how they wont take a opened game back, but that doesnt change the fact that I have not had an issue when returing the game for legitimate reasons. Just because your a **** gamestop employee doesnt mean that everyone is, some managers and employees care about their customers.

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
I pointed out the error in his words. I've returned new games for customers, I never said I didn't. I, however, said it was against policy. The only people I've ever returned new games for were regular customers who I want to come back into my store. If that guy would have come into the store saying something like that, he would have walked out with his game in his hand, no return.

I also don't work for GameStop anymore, it's a HORRIBLE job. GameStop is a corporate animal who cares only for money and not for customers.

Do I look foolish? No. Learn to analyze.

3 stores not 3 games lol reread my post

I've returned 3 in the last year alone.

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Looks like a bunch of console kiddies don't have any patience, then again, what 15 year olds do?

DocWalton81
04-03-2013, 09:19 PM
:D
geez this is turning into me3

blasphemer, you shall burn for eternity for utering such words.:D

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks like a bunch of console kiddies don't have any patience, then again, what 15 year olds do?

Scream racial insults over xbox live on cod

chadiwack
04-03-2013, 09:21 PM

Which gamestop?? I'm still waiting?? I'm going to call and verify your post. I'm tired of trolls on this site. Well trolls and impatient 12 year olds.

geigaman
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
3 stores not 3 games lol reread my post

I've returned 3 in the last year alone.

I reread and deleted, apologies there. Those stores broke federal law, plain and simple. I'll tell you why most stores don't break the store policy.
Transactions where new games are returned are logged in GameStop Corporate's database. After so many return transactions not authorized by DM/higher of returned new games, the store is flagged (not to mention the store's profit is crap due to returning new games is a double loss) and the SM is investigated. Upon investigation, a SM most likely will be fired and/or fined. Federal law states that opened, new discs are non-returnable due to piracy issues that can occur. Gonna suck for those stores if something like that happens.

S1L3NTKiLLaH
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Which gamestop?? I'm still waiting?? I'm going to call and verify your post. I'm tired of trolls on this site. Well trolls and impatient 12 year olds.

A troll saying he is tired of trolls? Really guy?

GrampaMurkedU
04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Bottom line it doesn't matter guys. The game will get better and we will enjoy it without the complainers if they take it back for refunds or trade.

Gettin late

Later all

geigaman
04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Bottom line it doesn't matter guys. The game will get better and we will enjoy it without the complainers if they take it back for refunds or trade.

Gettin late

Later all

^Nailed it

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Scream racial insults over xbox live on cod

So true.. haha

MoFetti
04-03-2013, 09:38 PM

Dude seriously a lot of "mmo experts" on here are full of crap. I've been playing mmo's since EQ launch. I know what to expect, but console gaming is suppose to be different. You sacrifice the HQ graphics for ease of use. You are suppose to be able to pop in a disc and go. No configuring and updates are really small and quick.

Please remember this when looking at people's responses in the Xbox section. They are not use to putting up with PC game hassles. Every response that we are seeing if you understand console and PC gaming at all is to be expected. Trion gets a pass from me for trying something new, but we are all different and I don't expect everyone to agree.

The sad part is that as consumers these people are correct and they are being told "it's the norm". The Internet and the we'll patch things after release mentality is killing gaming.

MoFetti
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
:D

blasphemer, you shall burn for eternity for utering such words.:D

Haha ok that was a little harsh Lol

Hironoga27
04-03-2013, 09:41 PM

I work at Gamestop 7 day return on pre owned games ONLY If new games have been open we can not return it.

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Dude seriously a lot of "mmo experts" on here are full of crap. I've been playing mmo's since EQ launch. I know what to expect, but console gaming is suppose to be different. You sacrifice the HQ graphics for ease of use. You are suppose to be able to pop in a disc and go. No configuring and updates are really small and quick.

Please remember this when looking at people's responses in the Xbox section. They are not use to putting up with PC game hassles. Every response that we are seeing if you understand console and PC gaming at all is to be expected. Trion gets a pass from me for trying something new, but we are all different and I don't expect everyone to agree.

The sad part is that as consumers these people are correct and they are being told "it's the norm". The Internet and the we'll patch things after release mentality is killing gaming.

If you can explain a way to test the servers max population before launch, please by all means inform Trion. Until then, it's widely regarded the first couple days to a week are filled with downtime because it's the true stress test of the servers. The Beta population wasn't large enough for a proper stress test, it usually never is by any company. So, yes it is the norm. I bet by next tuesday there won't be any downtime besides a weekly scheduled maintenance. (Like every other MMO in freaking existence)

Nocturnal
04-03-2013, 09:53 PM

I agree and I played pre expansion EQ. But that was 15 years ago (age hidden lol), when are they gonna get this stuff straight. Lol

Chio Raver
04-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Woah good sir i work for gamestop and if you dont bilieve look at your riciept for the return policies. The return policy for new games is if it unopened and still sealed with the riciept we can do a full refund within a monthif it is opened you can trade it in for a lesser value or swap it out for the exact same game in cases where the disc is defective. a USED Game can be returned within 7 days for a full refund with the riciept.

dstrollo360
04-03-2013, 10:13 PM
If you can explain a way to test the servers max population before launch, please by all means inform Trion. Until then, it's widely regarded the first couple days to a week are filled with downtime because it's the true stress test of the servers. The Beta population wasn't large enough for a proper stress test, it usually never is by any company. So, yes it is the norm. I bet by next tuesday there won't be any downtime besides a weekly scheduled maintenance. (Like every other MMO in freaking existence)

I wonder if it was a full out free beta to all on xbox advertised on the dashboard if that could have helped test it.

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I wonder if it was a full out free beta to all on xbox advertised on the dashboard if that could have helped test it.

Most likely, that way, way more people would have logged on. Also, the Beta had a lot of servers, which was a mistake imo. Lots of servers + Small pop = bad stress test.

edit: ****, lion's autocorrect is annoying.

MoFetti
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM

You are preaching to the choir my friend, but like I said in my post......don't expect everyone to understand that and don't attack them for their opinions.

Uzir0ck70
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Im gonna keep it. It seems like there working hard to patch it, and as long as they keep it up, ill wait.

dstrollo360
04-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Most likely, that way, way more people would have logged on. Also, the Beta had a lot of servers, which was a mistake imo. Lots of servers + Small pop = bad stress test.

edit: ****, lion's autocorrect is annoying.

It would have been smart for that to happen as it would also raise awareness.

JonDav
04-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Rofl @ people talking about those on consoles not having patience. Last time I checked, CoD releases in a poor state everytime. Yet, people don't rush to abandon it a day after release. Fact is, unlike CoD, Defiance just doesn't do anything extremely well. It's a supposed "MMO" with loot not even turned on. Don't blame the community, blame the devs for their incompetence.

ainokeato
04-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Rofl @ people talking about those on consoles not having patience. Last time I checked, CoD releases in a poor state everytime. Yet, people don't rush to abandon it a day after release. Fact is, unlike CoD, Defiance just doesn't do anything extremely well. It's a supposed "MMO" with loot not even turned on. Don't blame the community, blame the devs for their incompetence.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where CoD was an online only game that forces you to be online to play it at all. You're comparing apples to oranges here bub.

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry, I missed the part where CoD was an online only game that forces you to be online to play it at all. You're comparing apples to oranges here bub.

CoD and all other matchmade shooters are usually peer-to-peer connections as well, meaning the "server" for a TDM game is someone in the lobbies Xbox. This is also what leads to the Cod***s crying that someone "has host"(probably don't even know what this means and just started repeating it) when they kill them cause they're so good they don't die.

MasterDarKharma
04-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Hopefully that means I shouldn't have a hard time picking up a copy tomorrow then.

navycrow3
04-04-2013, 03:01 AM
are game stop will take return and console game with-in the first week but after that its consinder trade in pc gae are non return-able though

zartanyen
04-04-2013, 03:07 AM

if you threaten to do a charge back most of the time they will refund your money rather lose one sale then lose you as a customer totally also a call to the district manager usually gets you a refund as well.

Charmmybun
04-04-2013, 03:08 AM
you cant return open games at gamestop. i know i work there. return policy is 7-day for PRE-OWNED games. we had absolutely NO defiance games come back to our store today. if our game ISNT working you can exchange it for the same game new.

i myself have been running into several issues and also not being able to play the most ive played thus far is about an hour. i think many of us are being quite patient with all the problems, and while defiance is now becoming deFAILance.... i think we are all hoping for the best.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-04-2013, 03:09 AM
The main reason for the high amount of returns are the console gamers that have never played an MMO at launch. Gamestop hadn't seen so many returns on an item because you don't return MMOs. And normal games don't have stability issues because they aren't solely online games that are supposed to handle several thousands of players at once. People have no patience at all. Sadly this is especially true for console gamers. Give them something they've never seen before and they decide that the issues are to much for them.

It sucks Trion has to lose out on the money from those people. But I'm personally glad those people won't be sharing the game with us.

Wish one of those little punks would give me a pre-order code seeing as they won't need it. Gamestop screwed me out of mine >.>

I find that statement hardly fair, you can't put console gamers into a group and assume that everyone who returned the game does not have patience. Most people I play with online understand that MMO's launches are not all sunshines and rainbows. I do agree with your point though about not having to play with those types of people.

silvertemplar
04-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Just two things i wonder about:

1. How many of those returns are Pre-Order returns from people who switched to the Steam Pre-Order? Alot of people did it since Steam eventually had far superior rewards.

2. How do you allow the return of an online game where a KEY is registered on your Trion account? I don't see how Gamestop can process a return on a game that now contains a key that is no longer valid. Do they contact Trion and say "please cancel this serial number from whoever used this?" . Sounds like alot of admin to me, since the only way you could have attempted to play the game was to load your key on your account somewhere?

Hence i can only assume the returns are un-opened packages, which brings me back to #1.

Shintomaru
04-04-2013, 03:12 AM

Obviously those Gamestop workers weren't around when Deepsilver released Dead Island... that game had more problems than this one at launch.

People are just too impatient these days, but then again, that's what defines the players. RPG players know how to be patient and invest their time into their characters and games, so forget those Shooter fanboys; we got a kickass developer that actually works on their problems instead of looking for a BS fix *coughBF3cough*

GG Trion. Any way we can help, let us know. (and check a ticket I submitted the other day, my character had a weird random script the other night with an error code. it's submitted to the Trion's support site)

xURB4NxxL3G3NDx
04-04-2013, 03:15 AM

GaMe
04-04-2013, 04:24 AM
I had to call the one I work at, and the rest of the district to give them a heads up on how the claiming of pre-order content works. I bet that was a factor.

SCOTTLE
04-04-2013, 04:27 AM
Man those people are CRAZY. Games have issues, only real reason this one does is it an MMO. But i'm impressed day two i've experienced two maybe three times without playability. Gotta say to those 37 people they'll repurchase it.

SCOTTLE
04-04-2013, 04:29 AM
It is actually on opened new game(s) or maybe it's depending on who you are, and how good that gamestop is to you. I've taken things back opened within 7 days and able to return for refund.

Chio Raver
04-04-2013, 05:17 AM
It is actually on opened new game(s) or maybe it's depending on who you are, and how good that gamestop is to you. I've taken things back opened within 7 days and able to return for refund.

If it's new they shouldn't it's a company wide policy and written on the riciept. But some manager will bend the rules.
Think of it this way how is gamestop going to sell a new game thats already been played?

Joshua Davids
04-04-2013, 05:27 AM
I used to work for a local gamestop and I can tell you this, company policy is to not take a return on an opened, new product. HOWEVER, if you go in and complain enough, we have been known to do it to shut you up and stop your whining :)

Pain
04-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Should be funny watching all these idiots crawl back to the game once they fix everything.

People nowadays have no faith in companies..

Kargion
04-04-2013, 05:43 AM

Obviously he didn't not read the refunds going out to sim city lol

elquietone
04-04-2013, 05:47 AM
I do agree with some people here and that the popup window on the patch screen, at least on the consoles where it advertises defiance arkfall codes, should be used to tell people about the issues. I know from a company stand point, you don't ever want to advertise you flaw's or troubles and it just gives to media food to feed off of, and make fun of your game not being up to WoW standards. A 9yr old game.....

But, I would do it for those people that have no idea what a forum is or the internet, and therefore they can load the game and see a message saying "We are having technical issues, please be patient as we fix these issues and get you back to gaming with us."

I don't believe 37 people returned the game to one store, I would assume that friend is probably a pro WoW gamer or CoD and doesn't want any other game impeding on its #1 position.

Cycology
04-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I see they finally put up a note on the Patch Notes, lol only took 3 days to do it.

On the other hand, my buddy said they have had so many calls and complaints about the game at his store, and yes, they were giving full refunds on most games, (angry moms and dads)because of so many returns, was mangers call, not his.

Ae86
04-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Openned new games as well as long as you have the receipt. I've done it plenty of times quite recently with Black Ops II.

madvillain
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
This is def a game your gonna wanna keep. I can see a lot of these ppl returning the game re buying it.

Ninjatourettes
04-04-2013, 04:16 PM

This is correct, Unless you paid for a warranty,

Lt SamX101
04-04-2013, 04:28 PM
wow gees people are *****y tonight lol i get it your like the 3rd person to tell me i am wrong its ok guy do you feel better for pointing it out i am wrong your are right you have a good day

I apologize for assisting in bombarding you with comments. I read your initial comment and then replied. I should have taken the time to check the replies and seen if you had been corrected. Hopefully I see you in game and we can enjoy it as a team (or enemies :P).

Lt SamX101
04-04-2013, 04:33 PM
No what probably happened is you walked into the store and threw a tantrum till you got what you wanted like countless other "adults".

Sorry this response was meant for someone else yet the quote did not show up.

swarmingzombies
04-04-2013, 06:22 PM

Wish one of those little punks would give me a pre-order code seeing as they won't need it. Gamestop screwed me out of mine >.> trion did not lose money from people cant give a refund on new open games.

swarmingzombies
04-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes they will. I have returned several OPEN new games for a full refund within a day or two. Simcity was the last one. You just have to be an adult to get what you want. and i work at a gamestop and what your saying so not true my good friend :)

Ae86
04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
and i work at a gamestop and what your saying so not true my good friend :)

And i've done the same thing a few times. One being the horrid Black Ops II.

Gonz0
04-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Holy crap, 37 RETURNS? I was one of three at my Wal-mart and Gamestop didn't even do a midnight launch.

cap
04-04-2013, 06:45 PM

thats to be expected. alot of people are going into this thinking its COD or GOW then they dont give it a chance.

TormentedJei
04-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I will also say the statement is totally false. I work for GameStop and also am a manager. And we have really had 0 returns on this game. Of course the whole we played and returned the next day is bs as well. Everyone knew ahead of time this was a mmo type of game so we all expect some hiccups and server issues off the bat. But as a whole everyone I know is enjoying the game including my customers. Ya queue times suck but can't be helped literally thousands of people are trying to get on at once EVERY mmo type game had server screw ups first few weeks.

Cycology
04-04-2013, 07:09 PM
WoW, sure seems to be alot of Gamestop Managers on this forum-LOL

loops73
04-04-2013, 07:11 PM
I used to work for gamestop,they do not take back games that are opened and codes used. they may have traded it in for store credit,but did not get a refund. you friend is a liar.

The Juda
04-04-2013, 07:38 PM
My friend's cousin's sister said that they always take back new games at GameStop after she plays for a few days. Because no one there knows what they are doing.

NO PULSE
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM

BS. You're just trolling. Go away.

Cycology
04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
LOL, Why would I lie about this??
BS. You're just trolling. Go away.

mrgrimezHD
04-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Well if you think about it, those people who took their games back and traded it in for cash etc are getting 'USED' value only, once that games packaging is opened then the full value of that game trade in wise flys out of the window.

That is unless the game was Recalled, which is often RARE when an actual Developer asks stores to recall their products to due to a problem which cannot be fixed via online updates.

When Defiance is up and running perfectly the joke will be on those who took it back the day after release, because they'll need to fork out more money in order to re purchase it whether it be 'Used' or 'New'.

marimart249
04-06-2013, 12:27 AM
I work at gamestop and buying brand new means that you have 30 days to return it with a reciept 30 days to return it for in store credit w/out receipt and if you bought it brand new, took it home, opened it and didnt like the game too bad you can only trade it in. And in my store the game is still selling like crazy and we had one return because the kid didnt have internet.