PDA

View Full Version : Are any of the Paradise or Chimera weapons worth it?

tweedius
10-11-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm looking for people's opinions on these weapons. I haven't really seen one that catches my eye. Any help, experience or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Traxx
10-11-2014, 11:26 AM
So, if you also match the SYN with the weapon they are great. It takes a lot of grinding, but for one or 2 that you really use I say YES. I have the asslt rifle and a set of mods on a different grenade launcher that I use.

J8 Sky
10-11-2014, 12:32 PM
I think the Perforator is great, don't look at the default damage in the vendor cart being low or same compared to other guns.
After you mod it and upgrade to 5500 , it's a lot more damage than normal VBI assault rifles. I think at 5500 ego is somewhere around 4600 damage per bullet.

I wouldn't put the 4th mod synergy on it though(unless they fix the animation), i regret putting mines on. the speed boost effect when activated gives the same Terrible animation as the BMG shield.

tweedius
10-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Interesting. A modded Typhon certainly looks pretty ridiculous for PvP. I will look at the Perforator as well. I have 22 cores burning a hole in my...inventory?

Thanks for the replies.

Wurm
10-11-2014, 02:19 PM
I have a mamba and it hits as hard as a truck. My favorite sniper-rifle in the game so far.

Snowclan
10-11-2014, 06:00 PM
"Worth it" is a judgment call. None of the Paradise/Chimera weapons are best dps for their weapon type, even if you can take full advantage of their synergy bonuses. On the other hand, they are Legendary quality weapons you can simply buy, allowing you to bypass the Random Loot Frustration System.

The mods are the best you can get in the game. Personally, I wouldn't waste cores on the weapons. I buy the mods and put those in the good stuff.

WanWhiteWolf
10-11-2014, 06:18 PM
"Worth it" is a judgment call. None of the Paradise/Chimera weapons are best dps for their weapon type, even if you can take full advantage of their synergy bonuses. On the other hand, they are Legendary quality weapons you can simply buy, allowing you to bypass the Random Loot Frustration System.

The mods are the best you can get in the game. Personally, I wouldn't waste cores on the weapons. I buy the mods and put those in the good stuff.

+1

Weapons are weak in comparison with the "competition". I would use the cores for T5 mods only. Most synergies in the game have the first 2 bonuses "decent" and last 2 crap. As result, for a super weapon, you want 2 x T4 mods to match the synergy and 2 x T5 to get the max mod bonuses.

Bentu
10-12-2014, 01:21 AM
One of my characters has two Perforaters in a loadout, one of them has the radiation mag convrerter.
It's specifically for Raiders, give them some of thier own medicine.

Mr666
10-12-2014, 03:00 AM
The syphon 3x damage shotgun is amazing even if you don't convert it