PDA

View Full Version : Let get something straight here

Junger
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm not complaining here. With all these bugs people are raging/complaining about this newly released MMO. And almost every time I hear someone say something among the lines of "bring on Destiny". Please realize Destiny isn't an MMO, so your trolling statements are irrelevant. I just had to say something since I've heard this too often.
http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-real-details-on-bungie-s-destiny-revealed-245007.phtml

ranger2410
04-03-2013, 07:24 PM
[/B]
I'm not complaining here. With all these bugs people are raging/complaining about this newly released MMO. And almost every time I hear someone say something among the lines of "bring on Destiny". Please realize Destiny isn't an MMO, so your trolling statements are irrelevant. I just had to say something since I've heard this too often.
http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-real-details-on-bungie-s-destiny-revealed-245007.phtml

"Bungie and Activision didn't outright say it -- and at one point during the presentation, straight up said Destiny isn't an MMO -- yet everything is sounding MMO-like. I believe they are trying to avoid that title since "MMO" derives certain beliefs and constraints that they're not wanting to trap themselves in. Case in point, there are no plans to charge a subscription fee but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a ton of downloadable content for sale. Perhaps a better descriptor would be to think of this as Borderlands meets Journey, at least until we know more."

I thoroughly like defiance, but your own link kind of shoots you in the foot when the people watching/writing it are calling the developer out. It may not be an "MMO" but it's clearly going to be very close.

Kaoslion
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
This belongs in off topic and not in the Xbox 360 forums for Defiance

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 09:48 PM
From what I understand it seems like it's going to be a co-op game where the world is affected by everyone, that's not to say it's a traditional MMO where you interact with people, but other peoples actions in their own games affect a "shared world" everyone is playing in.