PDA

View Full Version : New Player

Hordolur
10-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Hello, I am new to the game and looking for some help.
I have tired to enter in all the ego codes or ArkFall Codes, but they do nothing, am I doing this wrong?

Also starting out I have nothing but the first gun they give, and it isn't that good. I can't shoot the mini boss after like 4 quest, he just shoots a rocket at me and I die in one shot. I know this is a MMO but there is no one in the area I am at and if that is the case how do you even start this game if you can't kill.

I got to the first camp and the store has stuff but I can not afford anything there, I could grind small mobs, but they give little or no exp/cash... seems the best thing to do is quest.

Ideas, help?

stefb42
10-11-2014, 03:42 PM
I believe all codes are now expired, I'm pretty sure some of the early missions reward you with better weapons, what platform are you playing on? If it's xbox eu server look for me and ill sort you out with some scrip to get you on your way

If not then missions will help, the early ones shouldn't be too hard but I played them at release before the ego scaling bs so I've no idea what they're like now, maybe ask in game chat if someone can get you through some early mission

Then of course there's arkfalls (big red circles on the map) and incursions (big yellow circle) completing these will reward you weapons, doesn't matter how bad you do you'll get something as long as the event is beaten or completed, there will be plenty others around at these events to ensure that usually happens

Lunch Box
10-11-2014, 03:42 PM
As far as I know, all the ego codes have expired, so they won't work until they release new ones.

To get ego, mods, weapons, vehicles, do the story missions first, if you don't want to do the story missions first, I would advise joining groups to help support you during fights.

You also get scrip from the story missions, so again you might want to do those first. Hope that helps, have fun, and good hunting.

Atticus Batman
10-11-2014, 03:49 PM
All those codes are extinct. Stef's suggestion of arkfalls and incursions is a way to get more gear and a little money. not sure what quest you are talking about though, so I can't help you with advice there.

Say your platform and server(Eu or NA), and somebody here might be willing to help.

Darksoul1978
10-11-2014, 04:00 PM
I'd recommend using the in game chat and find a clan with active players to team with.

Hordolur
10-11-2014, 04:01 PM
PC; NA and thanks for the help all

Egonieser
10-11-2014, 04:26 PM
By miniboss, i'm assuming the Bio-man in the camp where you have to destroy weapon caches? Word of advice, get a sniper rifle (you should have one by the time you do that mission, i know i did). Take cover behind a crate, do peek-a-boo and aim for the head. It takes fairly little amount of headshots to take him down with a sniper, because the crit damage from sniper headsots is like 5 times higher than assault rifle. This tactic works for most biological-type enemies and in early levels is mainly the only tactic unless you get in a group. Don't rush, take your time and position yourself, there is plenty of cover to use, so use it. Don't rush head in first, then you will definitely die..

There are also unmarked side missions scattered around the world which you come across, you might want to explore a bit and grind up some cash for weapons if you strugle with the base weapon, although i didn't find it that bad back when i was new. But getting a sniper rifle will definitely help you bring down them pesky bosses from safe distance. Also don't forget to use dodge, it is very effective against slow moving projectiles like rockets or grenades.

Just a few tips...