PDA

View Full Version : Outdated Synergies

Altras
10-11-2014, 11:20 PM
I can understand the value of Survivalist, Veteran and many of the other backpack synergies when the game was in its first year, but with all the newer synergies (Unity, Firewall, Wetwork etc) they seem way to useless at this point. And since these older synergies only form on weapons, I believe they should have a [1] and [2] effect. Maybe keep the original stat as [1] and then make [2] much more effective.

What are you guys' suggestions on the [2] stat? My idea for survivalist was +10% health

Coyote Clive
10-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Hey any one remember the SawBones synergy? :) Are those weapons antiques now?

Altras
10-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Hey any one remember the SawBones synergy?

I haven't seen that synergy since before Castithan Charge Pack xD

DEATHBRINGER210
10-12-2014, 12:28 PM

they got rid of that whole vendor

DEATHBRINGER210
10-12-2014, 02:10 PM
they could use a stat buff

Sevrin
10-12-2014, 02:26 PM
I never understood the purpose of the backpack synergies anyway. To my mind, they just ruined some otherwise decent weapon drops...

Atticus Batman
10-12-2014, 03:24 PM

They are antiques. They were from the Paradise Vendor. When they updated the vendor, they removed the ability to buy sawbones guns. I am just glad I bought 2 before hand, because I knew they'd do something like that. they are on my healer build. :)

Baines
10-12-2014, 03:40 PM
I can understand the value of Survivalist, Veteran and many of the other backpack synergies when the game was in its first year, but with all the newer synergies (Unity, Firewall, Wetwork etc) they seem way to useless at this point. And since these older synergies only form on weapons, I believe they should have a [1] and [2] effect. Maybe keep the original stat as [1] and then make [2] much more effective.

To me, the older two-weapon synergies seemed kind of pointless compared to mod synergies. First, you had to get two weapons with the same synergy. Second, that synergy needed to be useful for one of the weapons that you would use. (Outlaw might as well be useless on an LMG. Nano synergies are useless for weapons without nano. Etc.) Third, the benefit of that synergy on that weapon needs to be better than any competing mod-based synergies that you have on either weapon.

Maybe it would help if shields could have any backpack synergy, and not just the newer three piece sets. I'd consider using an Outlaw Sawed-Off if the necessary second piece could be gained from a shield, rather than the other weapon of the loadout.

eaglepowers
10-13-2014, 08:25 AM
I vote for them to either buff them or leave them the way they are but remove the equip 2 weapons to make it work.

crazyged
10-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I don't have much use for any backpack synergy - I tend to want to attach TNT to my PC when I pick up an awesome weapon and then discover it has a backpack synergy!

WanWhiteWolf
10-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Any weapon synergy is a fail roll on all weapons. (In my opinion and all those I asked)

Either remove the extra weapon requirement or remove them completly.

J8 Sky
10-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Any weapon synergy is a fail roll on all weapons. (In my opinion and all those I asked)

I think they did that on purpose , or there will be no "chase".
%60 crap synergy will make only %40 of the guns somewhat useful , and out of that only %5 is considered great.
and to get it on a OJ is %5 of %5 , which comes out to 1/4 of a percent of weapons that player would be chasing.
that sounds really fun :)

satirized
10-13-2014, 11:52 AM
I can think about around 2-3 useful synergies that are useful on specifics guns thats not canonner. Rest is trash.

Baines
10-13-2014, 12:08 PM

The problem with simply removing them completely is that Trion might do it in a way that doesn't increase the change of getting other synergies. A backpack synergy is better than no synergy at all, because it at least has the theoretical potential to be used.

Altras
10-13-2014, 08:24 PM
I think they did that on purpose , or there will be no "chase".

They "chase" is already hard enough, at least if they buffed the old backpack synergies, even a little bit, it would make such a positive difference.

SirServed
10-13-2014, 11:26 PM
I can think about around 2-3 useful synergies that are useful on specifics guns thats not canonner. Rest is trash.
They aren't all trash. They're just situationally situational (since scaling, those situations arise less often). EGO Precision would be pretty decent if you paired it up with Time Out and Killing Spree.

WanWhiteWolf
10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
They aren't all trash. They're just situationally situational (since scaling, those situations arise less often). EGO Precision would be pretty decent if you paired it up with Time Out and Killing Spree.

I think all mod synergies are usefull, but some have the bonus way to low ( Preparred/ Scavenger, anyone? ), or their synergy does not match the weapon (e.g. Run-n-gun for sniper / detonator). As for the weapon synergy, even if you do find 2 of the same type, the bonus is close to 0 anyway ( with some very few exceptions for some specific weapons-synergy combo).