PDA

View Full Version : Give Me The Right To Boot Defiant players

hype
10-16-2014, 10:51 AM
When i place my own spike down for a minor i dont not want it ruined time after time by the infested crimefighters players making the gameplay laggy :mad::mad:

give the spike owners the right to boot them out if they dont change weapons

EDIT - PLAYING ON PS3 EU

Fallen_Aingeal
10-16-2014, 11:05 AM
This change is happening with the next update. The ability to make raid parties for the WM.

Thal
10-16-2014, 11:26 AM
When i place my own spike down for a minor i dont not want it ruined time after time by the infested crimefighters players making the gameplay laggy :mad::mad:

give the spike owners the right to boot them out if they dont change weapons

lol ok so you don't like the Crimefighter huh? how about the right to boot the zaggers or wait maybe the ARs or even the SMGers, I hate those guys.

SirServed
10-16-2014, 11:43 AM
or even the SMGers, I hate those guys.
You just crossed the line.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
lol ok so you don't like the Crimefighter huh? how about the right to boot the zaggers or wait maybe the ARs or even the SMGers, I hate those guys.

The crimefighter weapon causes visual lag and makes game play more difficult for some players, which in a co-operative environment is detrimental to the success of the event in question. There are also some who feel that it actually destabilizes server connectivity.

It's a reasonable concern in an event that has a price attached to it, if for nothing else than to boot people going out their way to troll a given event - like vehicles in arkfalls at launch doing endless circles racking up skitterling kills.

Psycroww
10-16-2014, 12:04 PM
It's a reasonable concern in an event that has a price attached to it, if for nothing else than to boot people going out their way to troll a given event - like vehicles in arkfalls at launch doing endless circles racking up skitterling kills.

First of all, lag has been in this game since day 1. People who feel it "destabilizes server connectivity" fail and are ignorant. Anyways it is not fair to boot someone from a match because they are using a weapon they prefer. Saying they are "trolling the event" is a double fail.
Fail 1- Trolling is " starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. You can't use a weapon in a game to troll someone without them literally saying "I am using this to intentionally lag you and make you feel upset and mess with your emotions.."
and that last sentence leads to fail 2: Even if they say that, you don't have the right to kick someone out of an event. It is a free to play game and you can't just kick someone because they are doing something you don't agree with. The game was made to do events like arkfalls and sieges, if you kick them from doing that for any reason besides hacking, you are in a sense, taking away their rights. They have just as much as a right to use a crimefighter as you do whatever you want.

To the OP, this is a ridiculous thread. Again, just because you don't like a weapon or have a computer that can't handle the games basic performances, doesn't give you the right to kick someone from an event. You don't like people who use crimefighters? Fine, go to a different game. I have no lag when people use crimefighters. So to say they cause lag isn't necessarily true. All explosives can be argued that they cause lag. Deal with it, or leave.

hardy83
10-16-2014, 12:07 PM
I find those Defiant Few weapons don't cause lag at all.

They are super annoying in how some of them shake the screen like an 8.1 earthquake, but they don't cause lag for me.

Whoever thought a gun that causes the screen to shake every shot needs a smack upside the head! lol

Darksoul1978
10-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I have at times on the ps3 found crimefighters incredibly lag inducing in arkbreaks. the minute the person using it get's KO'd lag stops so anyone who says the crimefighter don't cause lag is quite misinformed. Also if you think that someone causing a disruption to your gameplay is not trolling you then you must be new to online gaming. Next update I've heard there will be the ability to make arkbreaks private and I can't wait for it, no need to boot them if they can't get into it in the first place. As for booting the person using it that I don't 100% agree with, But I also am not opposed to it. People who paid for the arkbreak should have every right to decide who does and does not participate in it. Since they not only paid the $10 for the DLC but also the cost of the arkspikes as well. As for any other event we have to deal with it. I learned here that players have free run to cheat and disrupt gameplay as they feel and trion does not care. matter of fact you cheat on the live server but help on the test server you get a special title for it.

Psycroww
10-16-2014, 12:43 PM
I have at times on the ps3 found crimefighters incredibly lag inducing in arkbreaks. the minute the person using it get's KO'd lag stops so anyone who says the crimefighter don't cause lag is quite misinformed. Also if you think that someone causing a disruption to your gameplay is not trolling you then you must be new to online gaming. Next update I've heard there will be the ability to make arkbreaks private and I can't wait for it, no need to boot them if they can't get into it in the first place..

You are the one who is quite "misinformed" on the crimefighter lag. The server has lagged before crimefighters were a thing. All explosives in ANY game tend to cause higher latency. It's just how things are, explosives cause a large or small AOE burst that hit multiple people and everyone has to process the image etc etc blah blah. I won't go in depth on it, but when you have a bad server and add more explosives, yeah lag will tend to kick up if your system or connection can't handle it. Just because a crimefighter lags you doesn't mean it will lag everyone. You would have that issue with couriers and precise chaoses and all the other launchers.

Basically, crime fighters aren't the actual cause for lag. It is the server.

I gave you the exact definition of what trolling is. I, myself, have never seen or heard of someone who intentionally uses a explosive weapon with he intent to lag their entire team. You say "disrupting gameplay" You can only disrupt someones gameplay if you begin to tamper with them or the server. Using a weapon THE CREATORS OF THE GAME made and allowed everyone to use, is not disrupting your gameplay.
Trolling is subjective, Subjectivity is used as an explanation for what influences and informs people's judgments about truth or reality. This game isn't reality. If you get butthurt about someone playing the game as it is, then you should get a reality check. You are misusing a word for something else. People do it all the time.

J8 Sky
OP, i don't think you need to boot them, their PC will do that for you. :D

Crimefighter's effects are annoying covering the whole enemy, but i don't think it lags the server. it could be lagging the client's PC by processing the extremely annoying graphics though. what kind of video card are you using ?

or even the SMGers, I hate those guys.
You just crossed the line.
LMAO, thank god Thal didn't mention Boomers

Anyways it is not fair to boot someone from a match because they are using a weapon they prefer.
+1

PTR47
Rather than work arounds for Crimefighters, maybe just fix the Crimefighter.

Psycroww
10-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Also this really tends to bother me :

Next update I've heard there will be the ability to make arkbreaks private and I can't wait for it, no need to boot them if they can't get into it in the first place.

I can understand private warmasters and things like that, you know for clans. But if every single person can do it, then it eliminates the point of the actual event happening because why do a real event when you can host a private event. It is almost like private matches granting you xp. It isn't really fair and there isn't a point to it.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 12:57 PM
First of all, lag has been in this game since day 1. People who feel it "destabilizes server connectivity" fail and are ignorant. Anyways it is not fair to boot someone from a match because they are using a weapon they prefer. Saying they are "trolling the event" is a double fail.

You've misread my post. Lag's always been an issue, what's your point? I'm not saying it only magically started happening with this weapon. Yes, some people who claim it destabilizes connections are likely ignorant, it's unlikely to cause a disconnection directly, however if a player is using a very low end GPU that can't handle the explosions, it could potentially cause a crash/freeze/disconnect while their CPU attempts to compensate.

Fail 1- Trolling is " starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. You can't use a weapon in a game to troll someone without them literally saying "I am using this to intentionally lag you and make you feel upset and mess with your emotions.."

Trolling is generally considered to be harassment for the purposes of entertainment. It's not restricted to forum posts. If you feel more comfortable replacing trolling with harassment, I really don't care. Not going to argue semantics. The point is that using this weapon can interfere with players enjoyment of the game via the screen-shake effect and large number of explosion effects reducing their frame rate to unplayable levels (often called lag). Some players do it deliberately, some don't.

and that last sentence leads to fail 2: Even if they say that, you don't have the right to kick someone out of an event. It is a free to play game and you can't just kick someone because they are doing something you don't agree with. The game was made to do events like arkfalls and sieges, if you kick them from doing that for any reason besides hacking, you are in a sense, taking away their rights. They have just as much as a right to use a crimefighter as you do whatever you want.

There are dozens of f2p games, and many, if not most, allow you to kick people from groups. If they are not following directions, harassing people, making deliberate attempts to derail an event, or sitting AFK, you should certainly have the right to boot them, as they are detrimental to the enjoyment of the majority of the players in the party. Many kick methods use a vote feature for that reason. Which rights are more important, the players who can't enjoy the game or event because someone is lagging them and potentially others out, and making it difficult to target others after being asked not to, or someone being able to use a weapon they want whenever they want to? Further, we're not talking about an open-world event, we're talking about a private instance that people paid limited resources to spawn. I don't care if it spoils someones enjoyment that I'm choosing to do an event and maximizing the success of it. They're free to spawn their own event and have a crimefighter party.

To the OP, this is a ridiculous thread. Again, just because you don't like a weapon or have a computer that can't handle the games basic performances, doesn't give you the right to kick someone from an event. You don't like people who use crimefighters? Fine, go to a different game. I have no lag when people use crimefighters. So to say they cause lag isn't necessarily true. All explosives can be argued that they cause lag. Deal with it, or leave.

The crimefighter differs from other explosives because of the number of explosions going off, they're pretty hefty when it comes to GPU usage compared to others, and it's more than just the lag, it's the camera shake. Considering the warmaster event comes with a price to enter, people want it to succeed, and in doing so, they should be able to choose who they enter an event with. If you don't want a kick feature, even though it would be highly useful when you have a player in the group who needs the boot, then you go the other way; invite only. It accomplishes the same thing.

PTR47
10-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Main problem is I think you may share shards, so even if you called a minor, you may not be the only one who did so.

I've called down a minor, completely cleared the outside alone, and then entered to find 2 people already inside.

Psycroww
10-16-2014, 01:13 PM
"You've misread my post. Lag's always been an issue, what's your point? I'm not saying it only magically started happening with this weapon. Yes, some people who claim it destabilizes connections are likely ignorant, it's unlikely to cause a disconnection directly, however if a player is using a very low end GPU that can't handle the explosions, it could potentially cause a crash/freeze/disconnect while their CPU attempts to compensate."

I was saying that in regards to the people who think it "distabilizes connection."
Not directly towards you, just anyone in general who felt that way.

"Trolling is generally considered to be harassment for the purposes of entertainment. It's not restricted to forum posts. If you feel more comfortable replacing trolling with harassment, I really don't care. Not going to argue semantics. The point is that using this weapon can interfere with players enjoyment of the game via the screen-shake effect and large number of explosion effects reducing their frame rate to unplayable levels (often called lag). Some players do it deliberately, some don't."

No matter what you use, it is most likely wrong. If they aren't hurting you or verbally assaulting you, it isn't harassing you.
The best way to use it is intent. If they intend to do it then sure. Like I said, people don't use it to intend to cause people to lag and you will never be able to prove it unless they admit it.

As far as im concerned, all explosives can be argued that they cause some lag. It isn't narrowed down to the crimefighter. Most just use it.

"There are dozens of f2p games, and many, if not most, allow you to kick people from groups. If they are not following directions, harassing people, making deliberate attempts to derail an event, or sitting AFK, you should certainly have the right to boot them, as they are detrimental to the enjoyment of the majority of the players in the party. Many kick methods use a vote feature for that reason. Which rights are more important, the players who can't enjoy the game or event because someone is lagging them and potentially others out, and making it difficult to target others after being asked not to, or someone being able to use a weapon they want whenever they want to? Further, we're not talking about an open-world event, we're talking about a private instance that people paid limited resources to spawn. I don't care if it spoils someones enjoyment that I'm choosing to do an event and maximizing the success of it. They're free to spawn their own event and have a crimefighter party."

Majority of games have kick features that kick you for using your preference? No they don't. Like I said, you can't boot someone for their preference. I have the right to use a crimefighter if I want. It is good against mobs because of its clip.

The crimefighter differs from other explosives because of the number of explosions going off, they're pretty hefty when it comes to GPU usage compared to others, and it's more than just the lag, it's the camera shake. Considering the warmaster event comes with a price to enter, people want it to succeed, and in doing so, they should be able to choose who they enter an event with. If you don't want a kick feature, even though it would be highly useful when you have a player in the group who needs the boot, then you go the other way; invite only. It accomplishes the same thing.

hype
10-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Should had said its on ps3 not pc - the lag it causes to other players inside a area is unplayable, outside fine use them i dont care

what i care about is when i use something i paid for for and another player makes its unplayable thats my problem

but its players like you who think they know it all, and that makes TRION think all is good with them guns

like i said if me the person who has BOUGHT the dlc and puts the spike down should be able to boot people out

hype
10-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Rather than work arounds for Crimefighters, maybe just fix the Crimefighter.

I Agree keep them as OP i dont care about that just the lag they make inside areas

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 01:39 PM
No matter what you use, it is most likely wrong. If they aren't hurting you or verbally assaulting you, it isn't harassing you.
The best way to use it is intent. If they intend to do it then sure. Like I said, people don't use it to intend to cause people to lag and you will never be able to prove it unless they admit it.

it's the "not touching you can't get mad" kind of harassment. Have you not ever had someone follow you around emptying a clip and jumping in your face? Now imagine it with something that creates a dozen explosions and shakes the hell out of your screen. Pretty obvious what their intent is.

As far as im concerned, all explosives can be argued that they cause some lag. It isn't narrowed down to the crimefighter. Most just use it.

Yup, they do. The explosion effects are graphically intensive. the crimefighter in particular is singled out because of the rate of fire, and the camera shake.

Majority of games have kick features that kick you for using your preference? No they don't. Like I said, you can't boot someone for their preference. I have the right to use a crimefighter if I want. It is good against mobs because of its clip.

Not what I said. I said they have a kick feature, and further explained the many reasons it's useful. It can be used for any reason, and in many games, it is routinely used to remove players who will be detrimental to the success of a given event. In fact, some matchmaking systems require a certain set of stats or level of gear on a player in order to even queue for it. Many shooters, and I believe LoL and DOTA2, show you potential teammate stats prior to a match so that you won't be stuck with someone who can't keep up.

A kick system would be quite useful to Defiance, and while it isn't nice to kick a player for just being below par or really liking an ineffective weapon, the other 3 players shouldn't have to suffer, especially if it is detrimental to their enjoyment of the game because the weapon was poorly designed.

Darksoul1978
10-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Also this really tends to bother me :

I can understand private warmasters and things like that, you know for clans. But if every single person can do it, then it eliminates the point of the actual event happening because why do a real event when you can host a private event. It is almost like private matches granting you xp. It isn't really fair and there isn't a point to it.

Isn't fair that you can do an event YOU PAID FOR by yourself or with just the people you want? Are you off your meds? In what reality does that even begin to make sense? If I dump $10 out of my purse and an additional 10k scrip on an arkspike per event I should have the right to decide if I want people who are using crimefighters or are too low in ego to be in it with me or not. The way your saying it is just because I open an arkbreak that every single player has the right to come do it if they want and this isnt right. why should I spend my money to provide others something in game?

Psycroww
10-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Should had said its on ps3 not pc - the lag it causes to other players inside a area is unplayable, outside fine use them i dont care

what i care about is when i use something i paid for for and another player makes its unplayable thats my problem

but its players like you who think they know it all, and that makes TRION think all is good with them guns

like i said if me the person who has BOUGHT the dlc and puts the spike down should be able to boot people out

Players like me? No. It's players like you who come on the forums and make idiotic posts and is the reason why half the **** on the game gets nerfed. People complain about the Oj drop rates so what do they do? Nerf them. People complain about weapons being upgrated, they add encryption system. People complain about saw, they nerf saw, people complain about post damage nerf zagger, the nerf the zagger. Now you come here with the intentions of either removing/nerfing crimefighters because you can' stand the people who want to use the "flubber gun." Give me a break.

Psycroww
10-16-2014, 02:55 PM
it's the "not touching you can't get mad" kind of harassment. Have you not ever had someone follow you around emptying a clip and jumping in your face? Now imagine it with something that creates a dozen explosions and shakes the hell out of your screen. Pretty obvious what their intent is.

Yup, they do. The explosion effects are graphically intensive. the crimefighter in particular is singled out because of the rate of fire, and the camera shake.

Not what I said. I said they have a kick feature, and further explained the many reasons it's useful. It can be used for any reason, and in many games, it is routinely used to remove players who will be detrimental to the success of a given event. In fact, some matchmaking systems require a certain set of stats or level of gear on a player in order to even queue for it. Many shooters, and I believe LoL and DOTA2, show you potential teammate stats prior to a match so that you won't be stuck with someone who can't keep up.

A kick system would be quite useful to Defiance, and while it isn't nice to kick a player for just being below par or really liking an ineffective weapon, the other 3 players shouldn't have to suffer, especially if it is detrimental to their enjoyment of the game because the weapon was poorly designed.
No I haven't had someone follow me around in a mmo jumping in my face. It's called getting in a car, porting away, doing it with them. Not letting everything get to you. If you want a serious game go play chess. If you show them it bothers you, then guess what? they continue to do it.

It isn't the fire rate of the gun, I think it is the clip.

They have a party kick feature. I can understand the need to kick some people if they don't pay attention but using a crimefighter doesn't harm the event. I have used the crimefighter and ranked number 1-4 in all the events. I have used a single shot pistol and resulted in the same outcome. To say it for sieges and arkfalls and incursions is dumb. Specify saying things like certain weapons shouldn't be usable in WM.

I don't understand you saying it hurts the success of an event. It doesn't. It is used to rush through the expert motherlodes and all the same repetitive mobs of trash. Sometimes I don't feel like mowing down a group of 5-10 people with a smg so I'll use a crimefighter. Why? Because it is convenient and is a fun gun to use when you actually know how to use it and don't just spam the hell out of it hoping to hit something. Determining a kick feature for one event to your liking is what doesn't make sense.

Even if you use the warmaster as an example, 80% of public groups fail in general regardless of what they use. They use bmgs. Bmgs cause lag, so remove bmgs? Rockets and infectors cause lag so remove them too? I mean if you kick those people, you lose the damage they are doing and is still going to be a dps loss whichever way you look at it and will end up failing. The warmaster is a poorly designed event to begin with, so determing a kick feature because people use crimefighters is stupid to me. You can't just remove one without removing the others. You can't just fix the lag it causes without fixing all the others.

Thal
10-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Moral of the story is I do not plan on stopping use of my crimefighter just because someone has lag and wants a witch hunt to kill off my weapon.

How about we just kicked the noobs out because...grenades. Or maybe We go after the Females because you know a woman shouldn't be on an mmo or wait even better how about anyone with an "A" in their names because we all know those types are some shifty Characters.

SMH

Atticus Batman
10-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Moral of the story is I do not plan on stopping use of my crimefighter just because someone has lag and wants a witch hunt to kill off my weapon.

How about we just kicked the noobs out because...grenades. Or maybe We go after the Females because you know a woman shouldn't be on an mmo or wait even better how about anyone with an "A" in their names because we all know those types are some shifty Characters.

SMH

Should I be offended that I just got lumped in with you, with your "A" in the name comment? LOL. Nah it doesn't bug me either way. I am fine with the women, even the guys playing women. Crime-fighters do bug me on occasion, but that is because some of those crime-fighter users like to blindly fire it EVERYWHERE. Green explosives repeatedly going off in one's face is extremely annoying. Crimefighter may cause a little lag, but all explosives do (ESPECIALLY on consoles), however I am fine with them in game. People just need to quit shooting me with them in PVE and Co-ops.

Now back on topic, private matches are coming. They will however, probably put a minimum start limit on them so you have to have atleast so many in your private match before you can start it. Afterall they did say in the past that the more open instances (including Arkbreaks and co-ops) there are at one time, the more strain there will be on servers, causing more lag and crashes.

Thal
10-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Should I be offended that I just got lumped in with you, with your "A" in the name comment? LOL. Nah it doesn't bug me either way. I am fine with the women, even the guys playing women. Crime-fighters do bug me on occasion, but that is because some of those crime-fighter users like to blindly fire it EVERYWHERE. Green explosives repeatedly going off in one's face is extremely annoying. Crimefighter may cause a little lag, but all explosives do (ESPECIALLY on consoles), however I am fine with them in game. People just need to quit shooting me with them in PVE and Co-ops.

Now back on topic, private matches are coming. They will however, probably put a minimum start limit on them so you have to have atleast so many in your private match before you can start it. Afterall they did say in the past that the more open instances (including Arkbreaks and co-ops) there are at one time, the more strain there will be on servers, causing more lag and crashes.

Always knew there was something shifty about you

J8 Sky
10-16-2014, 03:39 PM
How about we......

Thal , That's some funny s*!t . great conclusion to a thread that started with "Give Me The Right To Boot Defiant players"

hype
10-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Players like me? No. It's players like you who come on the forums and make idiotic posts and is the reason why half the **** on the game gets nerfed. People complain about the Oj drop rates so what do they do? Nerf them. People complain about weapons being upgrated, they add encryption system. People complain about saw, they nerf saw, people complain about post damage nerf zagger, the nerf the zagger. Now you come here with the intentions of either removing/nerfing crimefighters because you can' stand the people who want to use the "flubber gun." Give me a break.

get off that high horse mate --- when did i say to ( remove or even nerf ) the defiant guns ?? NEVER get you're facts straight before you write these long *** replys :p

My 'idiotic' Post is about the way they make the game lag inside a area on a ps3 NOT A PC LIKE YOU!!!!!! - you are now just trolling the thread

SirServed
10-16-2014, 04:37 PM
<--- Shifty Character

satirized
10-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Main problem is I think you may share shards, so even if you called a minor, you may not be the only one who did so.

I've called down a minor, completely cleared the outside alone, and then entered to find 2 people already inside.

Perhaps upgrading your crappy TI-83 that you are using to play this game is a good idea.

Ah, wait. You are using a PS3. Your own fault then. Zero sympathy from me.

Eugenitor
10-16-2014, 04:42 PM
The name of the game is Defiance.
The weapon in question is purchased from the Defiant Few.
OP wants to kick "defiant" players.

Irony is dying in a corner somewhere.

SirServed
10-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Irony is dying in a corner somewhere.
Also when you charge forward in an Expert with Blur and a Crimefighter. Your teammates catch up and find you crawling across the floor as a result of your own friendly fire. One of your teammates (A*** M***) states that Crimefighters require skill, you teach him a lesson by agreeing and promptly leave the match. Everyone knows it takes true skill to run ahead in an Expert and kill yourself within the first 15 seconds. Those guys are just lealous.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 05:00 PM
No I haven't had someone follow me around in a mmo jumping in my face. It's called getting in a car, porting away, doing it with them. Not letting everything get to you. If you want a serious game go play chess. If you show them it bothers you, then guess what? they continue to do it.

Your solution to a legitimate concern is to push people out of the game, rather than allow people to have more control over the people that they choose to deal with? Why should the victim be the one to leave if people are harassing them?? People paid for the DLC, and are paying to spawn the event. Why shouldn't they be allowed to choose who they play that event with? I just bought a car, do I have to let anyone who wants to ride around with me?

It isn't the fire rate of the gun, I think it is the clip.
It's not the clip, it's that it throws out so many explosive animations in a short amount of time. A smaller clip would reduce the number of rounds, sure, but it wouldn't change the shake. A graphic option to lower the quality and remove shake would be beneficial.

They have a party kick feature. I can understand the need to kick some people if they don't pay attention but using a crimefighter doesn't harm the event. I have used the crimefighter and ranked number 1-4 in all the events. I have used a single shot pistol and resulted in the same outcome. To say it for sieges and arkfalls and incursions is dumb. Specify saying things like certain weapons shouldn't be usable in WM.

I don't understand you saying it hurts the success of an event. It doesn't. It is used to rush through the expert motherlodes and all the same repetitive mobs of trash. Sometimes I don't feel like mowing down a group of 5-10 people with a smg so I'll use a crimefighter. Why? Because it is convenient and is a fun gun to use when you actually know how to use it and don't just spam the hell out of it hoping to hit something. Determining a kick feature for one event to your liking is what doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying the crimefighter isn't a good gun, nor am I directly saying that a certain weapon shouldn't be usable. Can you explain why you feel that a person should not be allowed to choose the people they let into an event that they are paying for? Use it all you want for sieges and arkfalls, those are open events, but if I'm fronting the resources for an event, I have the right to choose how my groups do the event. That's basic raid strategy. If one weapon that people use causes other people to lag, then I would prefer that people not use it. It hurts the success of the event if 2-3 people are playing at a reduced frame rate and cannot react to things in the event as quickly as they could.

Even if you use the warmaster as an example, 80% of public groups fail in general regardless of what they use. They use bmgs. Bmgs cause lag, so remove bmgs? Rockets and infectors cause lag so remove them too? I mean if you kick those people, you lose the damage they are doing and is still going to be a dps loss whichever way you look at it and will end up failing. The warmaster is a poorly designed event to begin with, so determing a kick feature because people use crimefighters is stupid to me. You can't just remove one without removing the others. You can't just fix the lag it causes without fixing all the others.

The WM is the only example we're talking about, because it's something that a player chooses to spawn at a cost of their own resources. Did you even think that the reason that 80% public groups fail is because of several people not having appropriate weapons? With a properly organized group, success is much, much more likely.
If each attempt has, say, 10 decent people, in each instance, being able to pool those into the same one, or spread across 2-3 will increase the odds of success, and those who pretty much had no chance will end up doing no worse all grouped together. This is more an issue with formed groups going in, instead of a random scattering though.

You're right, if I have 16 people in the event, and I kick 3 the DPS is reduced, sure. Kicking those 3 also allows me to get 3 people who I know and trust to come in to take their place if need be if the group is separated. Further, if those 3 who are performing sub-par are using weapons that may lag out others, the DPS they are doing may be less than the DPS that others could be doing if they weren't lagging.

A kick feature is just all around a good idea. How people use it, is really up to them. The warmaster event isn't really poorly designed, it's the raid/matchmaking system that is the real issue.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 05:02 PM

SMH

nobody's telling you not to use the weapon. Do you feel that the person paying to spawn an event doesn't have a right to choose who goes in?

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Crime-fighters do bug me on occasion, but that is because some of those crime-fighter users like to blindly fire it EVERYWHERE. Green explosives repeatedly going off in one's face is extremely annoying. Crimefighter may cause a little lag, but all explosives do (ESPECIALLY on consoles), however I am fine with them in game. People just need to quit shooting me with them in PVE and Co-ops.

Private matches would eliminate the need to kick, though, it would be handy at times. Having a minimum # makes sense, I don't know why anyone would want to start the WM with less than the max, beyond bragging rights. The server strain, yeah, it could potentially be higher, but only if there are enough empty seats that could have been filled by random players - running 4 instances with 3 in each as opposed to 3 instances with the full number. For the WM, hopefully it won't be an issue, and having higher success rates with a formed private group, with better rewards, will hopefully push more people into larger clans, and clans often lead to a longer time spent playing the game over the weeks/months as players build friendships and a hopefully positive atmosphere.

Tallon
10-16-2014, 05:15 PM
nobody's telling you not to use the weapon. Do you feel that the person paying to spawn an event doesn't have a right to choose who goes in?
saying that players are "paying" to spawn an arkfall is is kind of silly as everybody gets these "keys" just for logging in. So you dropped an arkfall...bfd... it doesn't mean you own it.
I like my crimefighter, but it does cause ME some lag. I notice no lag, however, from other people using them. I run dual geforce 9600 gt's and It still lags ME when I use it.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 05:52 PM
saying that players are "paying" to spawn an arkfall is is kind of silly as everybody gets these "keys" just for logging in. So you dropped an arkfall...bfd... it doesn't mean you own it.

A major arkbreak costs 4, and you need to have the DLC to plant them. Can't trade them either. There's a cap on how many you can hold, so if I'm just using the free ones, i'm limited in the number I can do per day/week, unless I spend scrip. If I'm dropping 40k, I like all the control I can have to see a return on my investment of time, and scrip.

Tallon
10-16-2014, 06:20 PM
A major arkbreak costs 4, and you need to have the DLC to plant them. Can't trade them either. There's a cap on how many you can hold, so if I'm just using the free ones, i'm limited in the number I can do per day/week, unless I spend scrip. If I'm dropping 40k, I like all the control I can have to see a return on my investment of time, and scrip.
You might try petitioning them to give you your own private arkfall, good luck with that, Otherwise it's just something your gonna have to deal with... other people put down cash for this game, including myself, and I sure as hell don't want anybody telling me what I can or can't do, or what weapon I can or can't use, if it's in the game I'll use it. (although I am smart enough to know what weapon/equipment to use when and where). And 40k is nothing but pocket change. Most of the time I'll put down 1 or 2 keys and let someone else put down the rest.

Thal
10-16-2014, 06:24 PM

No I don't and yes I have all 5 DLs. What I do think they should do that will never happen is to go back and change F2P to P2P and a lot of these problems will magically fix themselves

Bonehead
10-16-2014, 06:50 PM
No I don't and yes I have all 5 DLs. What I do think they should do that will never happen is to go back and change F2P to P2P and a lot of these problems will magically fix themselves

You mean when the servers close when nobody buys the game. The sales were poor when it was ten bucks.
F2P is the only hope this game has.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 06:52 PM
No I don't and yes I have all 5 DLs.

Why should I pay for random people to benefit? If I'm contributing to others gain, I should be able to choose who those people are.

What I do think they should do that will never happen is to go back and change F2P to P2P and a lot of these problems will magically fix themselves

L O L

Bonehead
10-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Why should I pay for random people to benefit?

Because it's an MMO full of random folks? Because that's how the game woirks?

It is what it is my man. The programming for the change you want might come down the road sometime but no time soon. The team is too small and the resources stretched too tight. They still can't make PS3 as stable as pc and 360. Hell, they couldn't make PC stable for a few weeks there just past. I'ts all hands on deck general quarters just trying to get Aftermath out before Halloween. Defiance is Defiance, warts and all.

Chump Norris
10-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Crimefighters need to be nerfed they are OP and that's why so many people run around using them. As a PS3 player I totally agree with you about the visual lag they cause. I hope they actually fix it instead of coming up with some lazy fix (Bloodhound fire rate nerf instead of removing screen shake) this time.

satirized
10-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Crimefighters need to be nerfed they are OP and that's why so many people run around using them. As a PS3 player I totally agree with you about the visual lag they cause. I hope they actually fix it instead of coming up with some lazy fix (Bloodhound fire rate nerf instead of removing screen shake) this time.

Crimefighter OP? Compare with crappy explosive weapons? Sure.

Bonehead
10-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Crimefighter OP? Compare with crappy explosive weapons? Sure.

I'm glad to see some agreement and togetherness.

Gives me a warm feeling.

Wait...

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Because it's an MMO full of random folks? Because that's how the game woirks?

It is what it is my man. The programming for the change you want might come down the road sometime but no time soon. The team is too small and the resources stretched too tight. They still can't make PS3 as stable as pc and 360. Hell, they couldn't make PC stable for a few weeks there just past. I'ts all hands on deck general quarters just trying to get Aftermath out before Halloween. Defiance is Defiance, warts and all.

Most MMO styled games allow for restrictions when it comes to end-game content. End-game type events generally do not work out very well without an organized team. For surface stuff, great, the more random people the better, but when we're talking about something that requires organization to beat, with an element of failure and a cost to enter, it becomes important to extend that organization beyond the event, into a preparation step. I'm fine with spawning an even for clannies, but I don't want to end up failing because I got stuck with a bunch of ego <1000 people who just showed up and have no idea what the event entails. Not trying to be elitist here, but why would I waste resources on an event that won't benefit my clan, and will likely fail for this reason?

According to Atticus Batman, raid control/private instances is being implemented, but I haven't seen a timeline or official confirmation, but this would resolve it.

PTR47
10-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Perhaps upgrading your crappy TI-83 that you are using to play this game is a good idea.

Ah, wait. You are using a PS3. Your own fault then. Zero sympathy from me.

Please don't project on my posts. At no point did I complain or ask for sympathy. You have failed at comprehension and the underlying logic.

Atticus Batman
10-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Most MMO styled games allow for restrictions when it comes to end-game content. End-game type events generally do not work out very well without an organized team. For surface stuff, great, the more random people the better, but when we're talking about something that requires organization to beat, with an element of failure and a cost to enter, it becomes important to extend that organization beyond the event, into a preparation step. I'm fine with spawning an even for clannies, but I don't want to end up failing because I got stuck with a bunch of ego <1000 people who just showed up and have no idea what the event entails. Not trying to be elitist here, but why would I waste resources on an event that won't benefit my clan, and will likely fail for this reason?

According to Atticus Batman, raid control/private instances is being implemented, but I haven't seen a timeline or official confirmation, but this would resolve it.

Since you obviously missed that Q & A, I'll post it for you, here.

What are the current priorities for the Defiance team?

As always, we have an engineering team dedicated to performance and connectivity issues. We have a handful of developers wrapping up the Aftermath update before we push it to PTS next week. Similarly, we have a small team dedicated the Xbox Free-to-play release.

Our designers are working on new live events for the upcoming holidays as well as unique gear to go with them.

We’re developing updated logic and interface for matchmaking. We’re adding functionality to mass invite players in your area, on your friends list, and in your clan. This should make filling the Warmaster and other instances much easier. Additionally, we’re working to update the quickmatch functionality to make joining a desired event easier. Our final matchmaking improvement is to add “Private Matches” wherein one player has complete control over who participates in an event. (And, yes, this includes making private versions of even the Warmaster event.)

We have two major features in development:

1) A new series of instances which grow progressively more difficult and which allow for highly versatile populations.
2) A new kind of gear which will make “overflow” XP and Weapon Skill mechanically useful.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?174945-Community-Q-amp-A-October-3rd

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Since you obviously missed that Q & A, I'll post it for you, here.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?174945-Community-Q-amp-A-October-3rd

Awesome, thanks! A few others seem to have missed it as well, much appreciated! I'd assume "complete control" also includes the ability to kick, so, once it goes live, all's set.

Bonehead
10-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Most MMO styled games allow for restrictions when it comes to end-game content.

My point exactly. We play the game we have, not the game we want. This game never has and probably won't any time soon. They are working on designing some raid grouping mechanics but as you can see in B man's post, it is the last thing on the priority list so at best it's going to be quite a while.
For now and the near future, it just is what it is. No raid mechanics and pugs everywhere.

That's the Defiance we have, not the Defiance we want. Any major coding changes will take a very long time to happen. This is a big game with a small team and tight resources.

DrTogobban
10-16-2014, 10:50 PM
They are working on designing some raid grouping mechanics but as you can see in B man's post, it is the last thing on the priority list so at best it's going to be quite a while.
For now and the near future, it just is what it is. No raid mechanics and pugs everywhere.

That's the Defiance we have, not the Defiance we want. Any major coding changes will take a very long time to happen. This is a big game with a small team and tight resources.

except it's on the current priorities, not on the "in development" section, so it might show up sooner than you may think. Believe me, I'm totally down with Defiance not having a lot in common with typical the MMO (if there even is a typical outside of the MMORPG sub genre), but this sort of thing is/will be important if/when more end-game content becomes available for the reasons above. it keeps the vets happy as it increases their success by allowing them to take people they trust, and pushes new players to events they have a better chance of winning and gearing up from at the same time. Ultimately, there's nothing that stops or prevents someone from taking random people into a private event anyway.

As far as coding it goes, you'd be surprised how quickly some things can be done, especially when it's entirely back-end, requiring no major client changes. This would need a gui change, but a relatively minor one, just an additional screen much like the clan interface, listing who's in the raid and which group they're in, and could piggyback on existing invitation mechanics. Not having access to the code (obviously) I can only assume the specifics, but from my own programming experiences I've whipped out workable solutions in hours when told it would take weeks (or can't be done), and I'm by no means an expert.

You are 100% correct when you speak of priorities, and whether or not this is one, but depending on the availability of the team, there may be adequate resources to tackle this, as it hopefully wouldn't involve whoever is working on the back-end communication/lag issues, and wouldn't involve any of the art team beyond UI involvement (which could just recycle existing assets). Of course, as I stated, no clue what's actually going on inside in terms of code or personnel, so it's purely speculation.

Ultimately, my expectation is that it will roll out in the next major patch after Hallowe'en, after any bugs from aftermath are taken care of. Seems a wise idea to me to release it prior to the upcoming mission scaling, overflow XP mechanic and what I have a feeling is the cybernetic implants that it's tied into. We could potentially be on the verge of some really interesting new features in the next quarter.

Bonehead
10-17-2014, 02:34 AM
I envy your optimism Dr. T.
Having been here since launch I would not expect anything like that until well into next year if they can make it work at all.

crazyged
10-17-2014, 03:17 AM
Aah, all I can say is, if I start an arkbreak, anyone's welcome.

Massively Multiplayer Online...

Just don't bring knives to the WM, or I'll, I'll...

...write a strongly worded letter!

Atticus Batman
10-17-2014, 03:31 AM
Having been here since launch I would not expect anything like that until well into next year if they can make it work at all.

Got to hand it to the guy for optimism, Boney. Besides which would you rather be?

This guy? :

http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Optimism-Anime.jpg

OR this guy? :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a61LXp5DXpo/TUViVDHEBwI/AAAAAAAAADc/6SIRaMFm3AQ/s1600/pessimism-murphys-law-restated-demotivational-poster-1255717014.jpg

Come on Boney,......................

http://www.movemequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_mjhjusl3MR1s6bse9o1_500.jpg

Although personally, I tend to be this guy:

http://threadoftruth.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/optimism-pessimism-realism.jpg

Atticus Batman
10-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Aah, all I can say is, if I start an arkbreak, anyone's welcome.

Massively Multiplayer Online...

Just don't bring knives to the WM, or I'll, I'll...

...write a strongly worded letter!

Can I still take on the Monolith with my Katana though? It is always fun to run up it's downed leg and jump attack him with my blade!

JadedSinn
10-17-2014, 04:56 AM
other then allready knowing about the new private instances that will be comeinf down the pipe on a larger patch i have been from the release of the arkbreak DLC a strong beleaver that you should have the right to pick and deside whos going to come into the event with you.

and sence the release of the crimefighter. i will outright say this 100% without shame or lieing that that POS gun creates lag when randomly fired in ANY co-op map.

how can i say this with 100% garante.

becuse i dont lag unless some noob with a crimefighter is spaming it across and in the area i am. this goes for all forms of events where one is used. the only reason this gun even got its level of useage is becuse some moron desided to start telling every noob that came into the game " hay use this gun " insted of leting them find it on there own.

the visual effects are the what create the lag. and ya i know some of you fan boys that are trying to defend the weapon are siting before a high end gameing PC of some kind that you eather hand built in your basment or bought off amazon or some other such site. well good for you

not every one has the moeny to buy a rig that has 5tarabites of ram and 500 tarabites of hardrive space. with 50 HD computer screens acrost there walls with saround sound audio ,

some of us. like me. have to deal with a factory spec cheepy 300 doller lap top from wallmart with 2 gigs of ram and 236 gigs of harddrive space.

not all of us. make thousends apone thousends of dollers. and can even think of buying one.

OP , soon you will have the right to deside the fate of your instances. you will beable to take in a group of your own friends that will run them as you want to run them. so do not fear. the option is on its way. and when it arrives , alot of things are going to change in this game.

crazyged
10-17-2014, 05:20 AM
Can I still take on the Monolith with my Katana though? It is always fun to run up it's downed leg and jump attack him with my blade!

I'll make an exception for a good Katana wielder! :D

JadedSinn
10-17-2014, 05:36 AM

bats if you could kill it with one swipe of your blade. id welcome you to fight by my side any day (( if i ever get a XBOX to play on, or you come play on PC ))

xxxxmingoxxxx
10-17-2014, 05:54 AM
On 360 its called pixel crit. when in confind area like co-op caves explosions can and will cause pixel crit and hard freeze. its well known. just to much going on in one area. x-box tecs will even tell you that.

Thal
10-17-2014, 05:59 AM
On 360 its called pixel crit. when in confind area like co-op caves explosions can and will cause pixel crit and hard freeze. its well known. just to much going on in one area. x-box tecs will even tell you that.

an easy fix would be to ad an option to control graphics client side.

DrTogobban
10-17-2014, 06:26 AM

I've been here since beta, but you're right, it's mainly optimism. What we've seen is that things generally roll out much later than anticipated (Castithan Charge pack anyone?). Still, wouldn't be surprised if it was sooner.

DrTogobban
10-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Got to hand it to the guy for optimism, Boney. Besides which would you rather be?

Although personally, I tend to be this guy:

http://threadoftruth.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/optimism-pessimism-realism.jpg

I just see room for more booze.

DrTogobban
10-17-2014, 06:45 AM
an easy fix would be to ad an option to control graphics client side.

Your solution is to have every studio who has produced a game where the pixel-crit problem could be an issue patch their game with something to turn graphics down, rather than pushing out a console update to actually fix the issue? Brillant!

DrTogobban
10-17-2014, 11:17 AM
This is a Defiance post about Defiance playability on a PS3 on the Defiance forums thus suggestions on how Defiance programmers can make Defiance more playable on the PS3.

All 360 (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/forums)and PS3 (http://community.us.playstation.com/) console suggestions should be made on their respective forums.

What's your point? You responded to someone talking about the specific issue on an Xbox, specifically a known glitch with many software titles. You replied referencing the PS3, which I corrected you on. My point, is that since it's an issue inherent with the console, it's the multibillion dollar console maker who should be doing it. You're right, they can do it, but they shouldn't have to. If it were just lagging, sure, that's on the studios end, but if it's causing a hard freeze, with many titles, that's the hardware manufacturer. Not saying it's not a valid suggestion, I'm saying they shouldn't have to invest the time and money into patching something that is an issue with the console.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-17-2014, 11:20 AM
We shouldn't have to change our loadouts for people that don't like our weapons. I put down spikes as well and I say YAY for Crimefighter.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-17-2014, 11:27 AM

Well known by who? I probably have the worst connect out of people that play defiance on xbox and I not once ben crited out of the game, nor have I when others and I are firing the crimefighter at the same time.

I get warnings in halo that al players will have a god advantage over me becauce of my connection, and yet no once have I ben crited out by crimefighter.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-17-2014, 11:32 AM

It doesn't ned a nerf. It has abilities that otherweapons don't havethat are highly usefull BUT it has limitations, like low profectile sped, massive profectile drop, crappy synergy, and sometimes there projectiles don't explode on contract.

hype
10-17-2014, 11:33 AM
We shouldn't have to change our loadouts for people that don't like our weapons. I put down spikes as well and I say YAY for Crimefighter.

we shouldn't have to put up with the lag crimefighters make, escpecially when the player puts down there own spikes,

BTW iam a 5606 ego player if you pc master races was wondering

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Bull, there are detnators that can cause just as many explosions as most crimefighters only there explosives all go off at the same time Yet noone attacks them over causing connection issues caused by explosions.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-17-2014, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=hype;1629001]we shouldn't have to put up with the lag crimefighters make, escpecially when the player puts down there own spikes,

BTW iam a 5606 ego player if you pc master races was wondering[/QUOTE

They don't cause people to crit out otherwise I would always crit out because of my connection.

DrTogobban
10-17-2014, 11:52 AM

It's not an issue of not liking them, it's that the weapon can cause other players in the area to experience graphic lag under certain circumstances. I have a crimefighter, I use a crimefighter sometimes, but I don't want to use it in an event if it's going to make things difficult for other people to play, since we're talking about a cooperative game.

we shouldn't have to put up with the lag crimefighters make, escpecially when the player puts down there own spikes,

BTW iam a 5606 ego player if you pc master races was wondering

They don't cause people to crit out otherwise I would always crit out because of my connection.

it's NOT a connection issue most of the time

BC001
10-17-2014, 02:48 PM
This thread has broken up into a lot of different issues effecting different parts of the game, if they were all addressed with code it would practically be an entire rewrite of the game from scratch instead of a patch.

First, the (very crude) party mechanics are broken and have been broken since the game debuted. According to posts Trion is working on them but something like that is a lot more work than most people realize so it will probably not improve by much very soon. Fixing them so parties stay together instead of shotgunned across instances would solve the organization problem, any random independents rattling around the edges would make little real difference at that point.

A shard kicking mechanic would just be another likely point of failure in the current system with its shaky shard stability and load balancing bugs. Not just once but several times I have gone into a minor arkbreak with a formal party and a number of independents that would make up the right sized raiding force and ended up inside alone. One time I used the portal to leave an arkbreak and ended up in another instance of it instead. Does this really sound like it is a good candidate for added complexity?

The private instancing option, if it ever works right, would take care of the OP's desire for "exclusive" events where only those of a particular clique can get in. Unfortunately it would most likely have to rest on the instancing (sharding) framework that is itself broken so unless they can track down the various shard bugs and quash them it is likely to be worse than the current situation. Using the co-op system might work better for the private events but then again it has a lot of problems too.

Even if private instancing does work mechanically it will do little more than split the community up even more so the game will seem even more deserted and in the case of the WM the monkey will still get away due to lack of enough people. Really it is just the old lockbreaker/locksaver thing revisited under another name.

Instead of finding more ways to split the population up into stacks and stacks of shards it might be better to look into how to keep them together more, and even possibly making the servers client architecture independent like a lot of other MMOs do.

As for the problem of the nerf hounds baying for the destruction of the Defiant Few weapons, if the explosion effects are causing lag for some people then the thing to do would be to fix the explosions and shaking and not the fire rate or other unnecessary nerfs. The bloodhound has already had a fire rate nerf, they have all had a range nerf, and from what I hear gangbuster has had a damage nerf of some sort; none of the nerfs have made a bit of difference in the protest of the vocal few so it is unlikely that nerfing them further would do anything constructive at all.

Toning down the SFX of the weapons on the test server would be a good way to find out what is behind the problem and whether it really is a problem and not something else being mistaken for a flaw in the DF weapon effects.

There is an option on the PC version of the game to turn off shaking that might help, if it is missing on the game box versions putting it in would be a good idea. I would test if the PC shaking switch works or not but since I have never had the lag problems claimed for the DF weapons (and I do not have a super gaming PC either, it is a two year old run of the mill mid range Dell) there would be no way to tell if it helps or not.

DrTogobban
10-17-2014, 03:31 PM
This thread has broken up into a lot of different issues effecting different parts of the game, if they were all addressed with code it would practically be an entire rewrite of the game from scratch instead of a patch.

First, the (very crude) party mechanics are broken and have been broken since the game debuted. According to posts Trion is working on them but something like that is a lot more work than most people realize so it will probably not improve by much very soon. Fixing them so parties stay together instead of shotgunned across instances would solve the organization problem, any random independents rattling around the edges would make little real difference at that point.

A shard kicking mechanic would just be another likely point of failure in the current system with its shaky shard stability and load balancing bugs. Not just once but several times I have gone into a minor arkbreak with a formal party and a number of independents that would make up the right sized raiding force and ended up inside alone. One time I used the portal to leave an arkbreak and ended up in another instance of it instead. Does this really sound like it is a good candidate for added complexity?

The private instancing option, if it ever works right, would take care of the OP's desire for "exclusive" events where only those of a particular clique can get in. Unfortunately it would most likely have to rest on the instancing (sharding) framework that is itself broken so unless they can track down the various shard bugs and quash them it is likely to be worse than the current situation. Using the co-op system might work better for the private events but then again it has a lot of problems too.

Even if private instancing does work mechanically it will do little more than split the community up even more so the game will seem even more deserted and in the case of the WM the monkey will still get away due to lack of enough people. Really it is just the old lockbreaker/locksaver thing revisited under another name.

Instead of finding more ways to split the population up into stacks and stacks of shards it might be better to look into how to keep them together more, and even possibly making the servers client architecture independent like a lot of other MMOs do.

As for the problem of the nerf hounds baying for the destruction of the Defiant Few weapons, if the explosion effects are causing lag for some people then the thing to do would be to fix the explosions and shaking and not the fire rate or other unnecessary nerfs. The bloodhound has already had a fire rate nerf, they have all had a range nerf, and from what I hear gangbuster has had a damage nerf of some sort; none of the nerfs have made a bit of difference in the protest of the vocal few so it is unlikely that nerfing them further would do anything constructive at all.

Toning down the SFX of the weapons on the test server would be a good way to find out what is behind the problem and whether it really is a problem and not something else being mistaken for a flaw in the DF weapon effects.

There is an option on the PC version of the game to turn off shaking that might help, if it is missing on the game box versions putting it in would be a good idea. I would test if the PC shaking switch works or not but since I have never had the lag problems claimed for the DF weapons (and I do not have a super gaming PC either, it is a two year old run of the mill mid range Dell) there would be no way to tell if it helps or not.

Nobody's asking for the weapon's RoF to be changed. The high RoF compared to other explosives is only an issue because it produces such a higher number of explosions per second. It doesn't need a nerf.

For splitting the community, it might, it might not. Some clans would do them exclusively, but there would still be plenty of people running them open. Running one and having it fail because some random people aren't following directions is stressful and makes people not want to do them.

There are 2 issues, you're correct. either the effects of the weapon toned down to ease any GPU lag, or the ability to pick and choose who is in an event. Either would resolve the issue, but ideally both would be beneficial for everyone. Though, the shake and graphic lag are great tools for those playing PvP as they are disorienting. There are ways to test how much of an impact it has on the PC with some diagnostic tools, i'm going to check it out tonite to see how much of an impact it has on me. my comp's not top end, but it's pretty solid, so I'm interested to see how much of a frame reduction or processing increase it takes.

On consoles, a graphic option shouldn't be necessary, but we do see GPU problems on some consoles, generally relating to the increased heat from the system from being worked really hard, excess heat leading to instability and eventual crashing, or potentially even the red-ring issue. Whenever I see a new major release for consoles, I usually end up with a few defective units with the new games stuck in the drive, as the last of the games prior to the next-gen are generally pretty graphically intensive.