PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with this game?

SUPREEM
10-16-2014, 03:58 PM
I purchased this game on psn for $10 and spent another $20 on dlc (castithan,arkbreaker). Unfortunately I can't enjoy it because I constantly disconnect about every 15 minute LITERALLY! I must've wasted about 50 or more ark spikes for major and minor arkfall only to time out 99% of the time. What pisses me off the .ost is how this game has been out over a year now and STILL people are complaining about the constant disconnects and lag outs. Then trion has the nerve to say that EVERYONE HAS A BAD INTERNET CONNECTION?? Is trion insane? Will they ever address their server issues? I'm not spending another dime on this game until I can play without timing out every dam 15 minutes.
And my internet is perfectly fine. Defiance is the only game I have that runs like feces.

Chump Norris
10-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Welcome to PS3 Defiance! If you want to do Arkbreaks its best to have a few friends joining in because people are guaranteed to d/c trying to enter. If it makes you feel any better a lot use fought the Arkbreak d/c issues for months trying to get our Zaggers and were rewarded with a nerf to a gun the creative lead said wouldn't be nerfed. I wish I had the chance to warn you not to buy Arkbreaker because they ruined the WM and are now ruining the weapons..

Bonehead
10-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't know how there are any ps3 players left. The lag and D/C issues of the recent past on PC gave me some personal insight into the problems you guys have had since launch.

I don't think I would have stayed.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-16-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't know how there are any ps3 players left. The lag and D/C issues of the recent past on PC gave me some personal insight into the problems you guys have had since launch.

I don't think I would have stayed.We stay because the game play, when we can play, is extremely addictive. ;)

Bonehead
10-16-2014, 07:13 PM
We stay because the game play, when we can play, is extremely addictive. ;)

Amen Fallen, amen.

3rdpig
10-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Trion's not claiming that everyone has a bad internet connection. The dev PhantasiTrion has stated that some, if not a lot, of the problems are on their end, and some are due to DDOS attacks on certain internet hubs. And some are certainly due to internet problems in the players end, or their ISP.

Atticus Batman
10-16-2014, 08:08 PM

I don't think I would have stayed.

They stay for the same reason, that Xbox players play on patch day, and others buy those espionage boxes. They LOVE gambling with their sanity!

PhantasieTrion
10-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi Supreem

Have you seen this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172888-Latency-Update-and-Feedback-Request) (also sticked at the top of the main forums) where we talk about the various fixes and work we are doing with the player base to improve the lag situation?

I'm more than happy to try and track down the issues you are seeing, some may be easily fixable to lead us to a new problem, others may not be. See that thread, and/or PM me:

Your PSN name
Your region (NA or EU)
The approximate time you get a DC and what you are doing

Then trion has the nerve to say that EVERYONE HAS A BAD INTERNET CONNECTION?? Is trion insane?

This thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175422-Lag-is-gone) has more details as well, and in it I posted (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175422-Lag-is-gone&p=1628081&viewfull=1#post1628081):

High Latency typically happens because of

A poor internet connection, or a bad ISP. While this does happen to some players, it is certainly not the main issue we have been seeing recently.

Could you let me know where Trion said the Defiance problem is everyone elses bad internet connection?

Thanks,

--Phantasie

Deadeye Joe
10-16-2014, 10:18 PM
I've had the game since launch, the constant disconnects have only ever gotten worse. Everyone I play with, everyone in clan, has same issue because I see that such and such is offline then 2 secs later online. It has Nothing to do with Internet speed/connection. We've all accepted this will never be fixed, this is defiance ps3. Welcome.

SanCarioca
10-16-2014, 10:54 PM
While I can understand where all the complaints are coming from (I get DC's on the PS3 ever since I started playing Defiance, 6 months ago), I think the Defiance team has vastly improved over this period and is committed to solve this and other issues.

I have an XBOX 360, but I'm really a PlayStation fan, so I have 2 PS3's . And I have always, always had problems with the PS3 versions of games that would work much better on the XBOX systems (I´m talking to all Bethesda players here, Skyrim and Fallout, especially). I played Fallout 3 both on the XBOX and on PS3, and the PS3 version was far worse (overall slower and it started to crash - hard freeze, exactly like Defiance -- once you had advanced towards the end of the main story).

In a more public matter, some of you, PlayStation fans, may remember the huge debacle around the Skyrim DLCs, that Bethesda even claimed they didn't know how they would be possible on the PS3, due to severe memory limitations. We ended up getting the DLCs for Skyrim almost half an year later than XBOX players. I never bought these DLCs because I was afraid they wouldn't work well.

Therefore, I'm giving Trion a bit of credit here. I understand that if they commited themselves to launch a PS3 version of Defiance -- let me be perfectly clear about this --, they must make it work *flawlessly*. We, players, cannot be held responsible for any problems that are not on our side. But I *do* realize they might have a harder time making it work perfectly on the PS3 as well. And I think they´re trying really hard to do just that.

But all in all, people's tolerance will vary based on a lot of things. In my case, whenever I see someone at least trying to do the right thing for me, as a customer or as a person, my tolerance with their efforts will also be very high. I'm not saying I'm right, or that I will just suck it up for everything, forever. Everyone has a breaking point. So far, Defiance hasn't reached mine, much to the contrary.

TL;DR version: PS3 is a hard platform to develop to, I quoted other examples above. The Defiance team looks commited to solve the PS3 issues. I tried to find alternatives to Defiance. I even bought the PS4 White version, bundled with Destiny. Couldn't play it for more than two days, found it too "slow", too "lonely", too... not Defiance. Bottom line: I'm addicted to Defiance. You should disregard my whole text above. :)

TheOz
10-17-2014, 06:09 AM
. . . They LOVE gambling with their sanity!

I believe I lost that bet last May.

Bonehead
10-17-2014, 06:10 AM
I believe I lost that bet last May.

It's a bet I could never cover.