PDA

View Full Version : Monolith...bug or working as intended?

stefb42
10-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Just did a dark matter monolith on xbox eu server, we broke the motivators and exposed the tachmag drive at least 15 times but the monolith still escaped with a quarter of it's hit points intact, the first 4 times it landed it stayed for a bit and we got half it's hit points down, after that when it landed it only stayed a few seconds, not even long enough to empty a clip into it before it flew away,

There wasn't a lot of people there but enough to be threat level 10, and breaking the motivators took less than 30 seconds each time, so how come we couldn't kill it? Intended or is scaling out again, I know the bosses were buffed but it has to land and stick around long enough to kill it, 15 goes at the tachmag drive and it's not even nearly dead, please don't turn this event into another wm, it's the only event left I enjoy

Tallon
10-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Yea, somethings not right. did 2 on tuesday and the first one took an unreal amount of damage to take it down. The second one was down on the 2nd time it landed.

J8 Sky
10-16-2014, 05:46 PM
I did one yesterday night before server restart, it seemed normal . but i'm on PC

KingNephilim
10-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Did one recently... maybe tuesday evening, ps3 NA server. I could've sworn everytime the monolith landed it came back with full health. There was alot of us, maybe 20-30? & we jus could not defeat it... eventually the timer got the better of us.

...very disappointing

Darksoul1978
10-16-2014, 11:27 PM
I've seen this happen a few times now on PS3 as well.

Fuzzy
10-17-2014, 05:41 AM
The tachmag drive has different spots to shoot at (just move your crosshair up and down, you'll notice different locations to shoot at).
Some people don't know this (I've explained it numerous times in my clan), so it can happen they all shoot at one spot on the tachmag drive. If one spot is destroyed, the Monolith goes up in the air again (or after a certain amount of time). If the damage however is split up evenly on all spots on the drive it stays down longer.

Another reason you might not have made it is that since F2P (at least on PC), we have a huge influx on new players who just use the green buff to run from one end of the endboss to the other because they don't know any better.
Using the green buff in the right situation is crucial to the fight.
I've seen Monoliths time out on PC also, though that was before they upped the health of the endbosses.

It still might be there is a bug with it.
A scaling bug with endbosses has been around since scaling was introduced. I have only seen it go in one direction though (way too low health).

JadedSinn
10-17-2014, 05:55 AM
i watched a threat level 8 monilith get droped when 3 people desided to use the green ego boost. to buff up and shot him (( i helped becuse i was one of the 3 ))

but at the same time iv seen the match get draged out becuse people arnt attacking him there attacking the grunts on the ground and trying to rack in score (( even though you peek out at 200k now for events and your not going to get any higher rewards for it after aht cap )) but people dont know thes things so thy keep trying to rack in points.

(( its like walking up to a destroy the crystal arkfall and finding 4 people farming skitterlings for the entire time nad then rushing to kill it right befor time runs out ))

might also be a bug. if we could get it to recreate on PTS i beleave that theres a chance if its a bug it will get fixed befor aftermath hits

stefb42
10-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Well I've been playing this game for a while now, was using the green stuff on every landing, everything started out normal for the threat level, like I said took over half it's hit points on the first 4 landings, then it turned strange, the mono was staying away for extended times even though the mobs were cleared, when it did land it didn't stick around long enough to damage it once tachmag was exposed, I even missed hitting it entirely on one occasion as I was reloading as the drive exposed

With overcharge and green stuff I was hitting for well over 200k per shot so its not like I was tickling it with a bmg or something

Baines
10-17-2014, 08:11 AM
but at the same time iv seen the match get draged out becuse people arnt attacking him there attacking the grunts on the ground and trying to rack in score (( even though you peek out at 200k now for events and your not going to get any higher rewards for it after aht cap )) but people dont know thes things so thy keep trying to rack in points.

From my experience, PC normally has enough players that some can attack the ground grunts and the Monolith will still be defeated with plenty of time to spare. In some ways, it can even be considered a service, as it means the people attacking the Monolith are less likely to get shot in the back by the latter waves of Dark Matter.

On PC, I can't recall seeing the Monolith ever escape. There were sometimes close calls, made worse when the Monolith appeared to not want to come down or stay down. And one time the game robbed us of a last second kill, where the kill shot was literally delivered at the last second, everyone saw it happen, everyone got XP and leveled up, but we weren't given a scoreboard or completion rewards. But that wasn't technically an escape, not when the game openly credited the killshot and then just chose not to treat it as a victory.