PDA

View Full Version : +15% DMG on next grenade after a kill (expires after 10 sec)



AllGamer
10-17-2014, 12:00 AM
is it me, or is that useless perk role seems to be on every purple weapon?

Specially on all the Defiant Few weapons, VOT guns, VBI guns... everywhere... :p

everytime i roll a new weapon for Defiant Few I find it.

most VOT / VBI / etc drops will have a 90% chance of having it, while 10% you might get something useful like reload 25% clip, or faster movement speed after reload, but chances are you'll get +15% DMG on next grenade after a kill :eek:

it's almost like an astronomical constant, is rare to not see it on our weapons. :(


So, have any of you got a Defiant Few weapon without that roll? or it is 100% guaranteed to be there for every purple box? :confused:

adrokier
10-17-2014, 12:04 AM
is it me, or is that useless perk role seems to be on every purple weapon?

Specially on all the Defiant Few weapons, VOT guns, VBI guns... everywhere... :p

everytime i roll a new weapon for Defiant Few I find it.

most VOT / VBI / etc drops will have a 90% chance of having it, while 10% you might get something useful like reload 25% clip, or faster movement speed after reload, but chances are you'll get +15% DMG on next grenade after a kill :eek:

it's almost like an astronomical constant, is rare to not see it on our weapons. :(


So, have any of you got a Defiant Few weapon without that roll? or it is 100% guaranteed to be there for every purple box? :confused:

My Opinion: the Purple Rolls are useless due to nerf "on full reload effects", aftermath Patch, I just ignore them ..

Chump Norris
10-17-2014, 12:39 AM
So, have any of you got a Defiant Few weapon without that roll? or it is 100% guaranteed to be there for every purple box? :confused:

I don't only buy the green boxes but the two purples I pulled have had EGO on Crit Kill and EGO on Reload.

superstorm
10-17-2014, 01:32 AM
is it me, or is that useless perk role seems to be on every purple weapon?
Who said this is useless roll?

PiccolaRivolta
10-17-2014, 03:09 AM
I don't know if explosives count as "grenade", if so.. it's a great roll for explosives weapon indeed.

crazyged
10-17-2014, 03:21 AM
I hardly ever use grenades - it doesn't enter my head to lob a pineapple at something immediately after I've killed something else...

...I would need a helluva lot of grenades!

AllGamer
10-17-2014, 05:42 AM
I don't know if explosives count as "grenade", if so.. it's a great roll for explosives weapon indeed.

I don't think it applies to all explosives weapons (like VOT AR rifle), I'm pretty sure only those that specifically says Grenade, like the Courier Shotgun, most Detonators, and similar weapons that explicitly says Grenade for the ammo type.


I hardly ever use grenades - it doesn't enter my head to lob a pineapple at something immediately after I've killed something else...

...I would need a helluva lot of grenades!

See, this guy ^ knows exactly what I'm talking about. :D

JadedSinn
10-17-2014, 05:52 AM
i use gernades alot. mostly shrill but still i use them. and i even find this roll. useless. it does nothing for me when my threat level is 10 and i havent gotten a kill yet but need to lob out a gernade to damage the enamy enough to kill them. let alone. i dont use exsplosive weapons to often unless im doing " crowed control "

useless roll.

Baines
10-17-2014, 07:59 AM
I don't think it applies to all explosives weapons (like VOT AR rifle), I'm pretty sure only those that specifically says Grenade, like the Courier Shotgun, most Detonators, and similar weapons that explicitly says Grenade for the ammo type.

From what has been said in a similar thread, it only applies to the specific Grenades that are thrown by hand. Someone tested and said it did not affect weapons that claim to fire grenades.

SanCarioca
10-17-2014, 03:59 PM
I hardly ever use grenades - it doesn't enter my head to lob a pineapple at something immediately after I've killed something else...

...I would need a helluva lot of grenades!

I love hitting mobs with Shrill Grenades *before* shooting them. Especially during Motherlode Expert, oh, how I love that...

EDIT: But I agree with the OP, I don't like this roll, either. More than that: anything that generates as many doubts about its use, tends not to be used. Some Defiance descriptions could really be more clear.

I read somewhere we would get visual descriptions of effects being triggered (synergies, weapons bonus, etc), so that would be an excellent start. But I think enhancing the descriptions we run across Defiance are vital, because if you're put off by a description that you do not understand, probably, you won't even bother to use it in the first place (so, you'll never see the effect in action, anyway)

AllGamer
10-17-2014, 07:39 PM
From what has been said in a similar thread, it only applies to the specific Grenades that are thrown by hand. Someone tested and said it did not affect weapons that claim to fire grenades.

Thank you, this is very good to know.

which makes that roll even more... useless :p

Atticus Batman
10-17-2014, 07:52 PM
From what has been said in a similar thread, it only applies to the specific Grenades that are thrown by hand. Someone tested and said it did not affect weapons that claim to fire grenades.

I think you mean this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175142-damage-on-next-grenade-is-a-horrible-thing-to-get-when-upgrading-a-weapon.

And, I believe, this might be the post you are referring to.


It only works on Nads, unless they changed it in recent patches.

over a month ago i had tested it on all Detonator types, Clustershot, Courier, some rocket models, they all didn't work. didn't test the Crimefighter though.

I think the "damage on next grenade" they meant as in "grenade" weapon type, not all weapon types that shoot grenades.

but the Assassin %15 damage works for explosives :)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175142-damage-on-next-grenade-is-a-horrible-thing-to-get-when-upgrading-a-weapon.&p=1627034&viewfull=1#post1627034

Hope that helps, at least for reference purposes.