PDA

View Full Version : Quickshot Blaster, Cannoneer or Quatermaster, best DPS?

eaglepowers
10-17-2014, 09:31 AM
With everyone looking for a Radiation Cannoneer Needler and Quickshot it got me thinking whether or not a QM Quickshot has more dps than a Cannon?

My Rad, QM Quickshot has a reload time of 1.0 sec w/ a oj reload, .85 master and 2 QM mods on it. Any of you math guys crunch the numbers on this? Obviously the cannon will be 9% quicker to empty but will my QM reload time make up for it in dps?

Also, I've read that on a tachmag or needler there are those of you who believe the last 2 cannon mods are pretty worthless. How about on slower firing weapons like the Quickshot?

AllGamer
10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
if you want DPS
you'll go SMG instead of a Pistol

Quickshots and VOT Blasters doesn't always hit

Cannoneer gives you faster fire rate
Quatermaster gives you faster reload

Snowclan
10-17-2014, 12:09 PM
I think what you are asking is if a Quickshot Blaster with Quartermaster would be higher sustained dps than a Vot Needler with Cannonner. My math says the Needler is the winner.

With Cannoneer and Quartermaster, only the first two synergy effects directly affect dps. The rest can pretty much be ignored.

eaglepowers
10-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the confusion. I was wondering if a Quickshot w/ QM has more dps than a Quickshot w/ cannon. I only brought up the Needler, rad, cannon because that along w/ a similar Quickshot seem to be the most sought after weapons being that nothing can out dps them except for a wolf/wildcat.

I did a quick calculation and I think my QM Quickshot beats out a Cannon but I can't say I did the math right or crunched every possible master bonus?

I was hoping our math experts could chime in? Maybe I need to post a "For sale the best Quickshot Blaster ever!"

Snowclan
10-17-2014, 12:40 PM
It looks to me like you are correct, Quartermaster is better than Cannoneer for a Quickshot Blaster. The Blaster's slow reload speed is the gun's biggest weakness.

AllGamer
10-17-2014, 01:36 PM
it's simple actually

on a weapon with fast reload, anything less Cannoneer synergy would give you better DPS (SMG, Assault Rifles, Pistols)
on a weapon with slow reload, and if the weapon is high damage per shot, then a Quartermaster synergy will be better, for example Shotguns

satirized
10-17-2014, 01:39 PM
if you want DPS
you'll go SMG instead of a Pistol

Quickshots and VOT Blasters doesn't always hit

Cannoneer gives you faster fire rate
Quatermaster gives you faster reload

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Quickshot blaster is THE HIGHEST dps weapon in the game. Exceeding canonner rad needler.

satirized
10-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the confusion. I was wondering if a Quickshot w/ QM has more dps than a Quickshot w/ cannon. I only brought up the Needler, rad, cannon because that along w/ a similar Quickshot seem to be the most sought after weapons being that nothing can out dps them except for a wolf/wildcat.

I did a quick calculation and I think my QM Quickshot beats out a Cannon but I can't say I did the math right or crunched every possible master bonus?

I was hoping our math experts could chime in? Maybe I need to post a "For sale the best Quickshot Blaster ever!"

I will get right on it.

Problem is, you have an OJ reload on there. Its probably better use mag mod instead use OJ reload.

Using your current mod configuration for QM QBS:
Using Base ego 0 damage value
Using Base white rarity(No rarity damage bonus, no roll bonus added in)

Canonner QBS= 3299(advanced DPS)
QM QBS = 3237(advanced DPS)

Your QM QBS under this calculation is 98.1% of advanced DPS compared with a canonner QBS.

Base Canonner Needler DPS=3058(advanced DPS)

I believe on the needler, canonner is around 8.1% addition of DPS compared with no synergy.

Note: Burst DPS wise, canonner always win by 9%.

eaglepowers
10-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Intereseting, I didn't do any calculations as to whether putting a +20 mag is better. At the time I thought a 1 sec reload QSB would be fun. Either way, as is, I thought it beat out a Cannon QSB. What master did you use on the Cannon?

satirized
10-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Intereseting, I didn't do any calculations as to whether putting a +20 mag is better. At the time I thought a 1 sec reload QSB would be fun. Either way, as is, I thought it beat out a Cannon QSB. What master did you use on the Cannon?

reload. /10char

AllGamer
10-17-2014, 02:01 PM
WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Quickshot blaster is THE HIGHEST dps weapon in the game. Exceeding canonner rad needler.

problem with the Quickshot / Blaster is that they are not good when you keep the firing button down,
after the initial burst, the remaining clip will go to waste if you just hold down the firing button.

while with the Needle / Pulser / Tachmag these remains on target for the remainder of the clip as you fire continuously

so the Quickshot pistol is good for quick burst, but not to fill the role of the SMG

also the clip of the Quickshot is half that of the Needle, thus more time wasted on reload.
Needle reloads in less than a second
Quickshot takes 2 seconds to reload in average

satirized
10-17-2014, 02:34 PM
problem with the Quickshot / Blaster is that they are not good when you keep the firing button down,
after the initial burst, the remaining clip will go to waste if you just hold down the firing button.

while with the Needle / Pulser / Tachmag these remains on target for the remainder of the clip as you fire continuously

so the Quickshot pistol is good for quick burst, but not to fill the role of the SMG

also the clip of the Quickshot is half that of the Needle, thus more time wasted on reload.
Needle reloads in less than a second
Quickshot takes 2 seconds to reload in average

Advanced DPS takes into account of reloading.

Snowclan
10-17-2014, 07:19 PM
The stats on DefianceData.com for the Quickshot Blaster are:

Damage: 379
Rate of fire: 16.2
Magazine: 20
Reload: 2.5

Quartermaster two mod synergy bonus is 15% faster reload. That translates to a .85 Reload modifier.
Cannoneer two mod synergy bonus is 9% faster rate of fire. That translates to a 1.09 Fire Rate modifier.

So how do you figure the damage per second for sustained fire?
You take the damage, multiply that by the magazine size. Save that number. That's your total damage per magazine.
You take the magazine size, divide it by the rate of fire, and add the reload time to that. Save that number. That's your total time to empty a magazine and reload it.
Divide the first number by the second. That's your damage per second taking into account reload time.

Damage x Magazine
------------------------------------ = Sustained Damage Per Second
(Magazine/Rate of fire)+ Reload

Quickshot Blaster with no modifiers:
379*20 = 7580 (total damage per magazine)
(20/16.2)+2.5 = 3.735 (total time to empty the magazine and reload)
DPS = 2029.451

Quickshot Blaster with Cannoneer: (16.2 fire rate * 1.09 modifier = 17.658)
379*20 = 7580
(20/17.658)+2,5 = 3.633
DPS = 2086.430

Quickshot Blaster with Quartermaster: (2.5 reload * .85 = 2.125)
379*20 = 7580
(20/16.2)+2.125 = 3.340
DPS = 2269.461

The stats for the Vot Needler on DefianceData.com are:

Damage: 139
Rate of Fire: 26.2
Magazine: 55
Reload: 1

That gives a Vot Needler with no synergy bonus a dps of 2466.74. Cannoneer would make it 2612.87 dps.

DefianceData.com does not have the base stats for the Defiant Few Crimefighter, but from doing the math on the ones people have posted screen shots of it appears that the Crimefighter is much higher dps than the Needler (and does that damage to a large area!). That's why everyone and his pet monkey has started using them as primary weapon.

AllGamer
10-17-2014, 07:38 PM
See that's ^ what I'm talking about,
not just the math and meta numbers, but actual in game usage, the Needle can sustain a longer fire (damage) with 1 clip, than with the Quickshot.

I have both, the Quickshot (no nano) with Quatermaster, it doesn't feel right, i find myself reloading every split second, compared to the Needle / Tachmag , which can drop a TL10 Volge in a full clip (if you unload it straight into the face)
trying to do the same with the Quickshot, I need to reload 2 or 3 times before i can accomplish the same task

The numbers can be deceiving, actual usage is what really counts.

SirServed
10-17-2014, 10:23 PM
You have to remember that a Pistol has a lower falloff range and a steeper damage decay rate. A QSB when within proper range will deal more than double the damage at more than half the fire rate of a Needler.

Snowclan
10-18-2014, 06:04 AM
I suspect if you ask around you will find that the people who are looking for Quickshot Blasters want them for PvP. That's a whole different world, and in PvP what people care about is not Sustained DPS. What matters in PvP is "burst" or "spike" damage.

Spike Damage is more about how much damage you can do per trigger pull, rather than how much damage you can do if you stand there and keep firing. If your target can be killed with less than one magazine worth of ammo, how long it takes to reload isn't all that important. Multiply the damage of the gun by the rate of fire, and that's your Spike DPS.

Quickshot Blaster Spike DPS = 379*16.2 = 6139.8 (6692.382 with Cannoneer)
Vot Needler Spike DPS = 139*26.2 = 3641.8 (3969.562 with Cannoneer)

That first second is where the Quickshot Blaster shines. Pretty quick after that it loses the DPS race, but imagine if you are shooting quick bursts at your enemy instead of holding the hammer down. The Quickshot delivers a lot more up front.

I must admit, I know almost nothing about PvP. I don't know if people would want a fast-reload QSB or not.

eaglepowers
10-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Great comments guys thanks for the input. I personally don't pvp at all. Prior to ego level/nano/scoring change patch I found that my cannon, oj, syphon QSB was unmatched by any weapon doing white damage when it came to pve. After the patch not so much because of necessary sustained dps, needing to be mobile and of course the syphon nerf. I now mainly use my rad, 3x crit, cannon tachmag which can out crit a cannon needler. I'd obviously prefer the needler I just can't find 1.

Prior to patch my play style was crouch, aim, mow down enemy w/ QSB. Most enemies would die before the reload. Now I need sustained and run and gun play style. QSB is stronger but usually not worth the accuracy or mobility sacrifice. I would think this would also make it a bad choice for pvp?

SirServed
10-18-2014, 11:05 AM
QSB is stronger but usually not worth the accuracy or mobility sacrifice. I would think this would also make it a bad choice for pvp?
Correct. You would get mowed down before getting into proper firing range for the weapon. The QSB is for when things are really close and mobility is not a huge factor or your Needler bullets have run out of themselves.