PDA

View Full Version : Halloween arkfalls & hulker madness!

TrickDempsey
10-17-2014, 02:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TeBS5Ze.jpg

Ark hunters,

Defiance is in for one hell of a Halloween.

Starting Oct. 29, Paradise will be threatened by a new kind of arkfall: Hulker Hell. (Do you like Hulkers? Do you think they’re friendly? They want to play!) New jack-o’-lanterns appearing around these arkfalls hold a variety of treats … and tricks. Look closely at their smiles for clues about what they contain before you break them open!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/10/17/halloween-arkfalls-hulker-madness/)

Degan
10-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Very cool!

SanCarioca
10-17-2014, 02:52 PM
This is AWESOME! I'm gonna be BROKE!

Hulker Arkfalls is a great idea. This promises to be a lot of fun. WWOOOOAAAAAAR (Huf, huf...)

Belle Starr
10-17-2014, 03:17 PM
I can't wait! This is gonna be so much FUN! :D

J8 Sky
10-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks TW,

that Wolfman & Hexer looks pretty dam good , cool head gears !~

Gonna be a wonderful Halloween !

being "Purged" is going to be the next new thing ....... are you Purged yet ?

i can already see the prices sky high for these mods :D

Yama Kamikaze
10-17-2014, 03:40 PM
*Fanboy eye sparkle*

JadedSinn
10-18-2014, 12:31 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z175/nitrozilla/General/we-not-worthy.gif~original (http://s195.photobucket.com/user/nitrozilla/media/General/we-not-worthy.gif.html)

i do have one minor question. ... o.o how exsaxtly will we be geting the mods for thes new weapons ?

Xaat Xuun
10-18-2014, 01:52 AM
i do have one minor question. ... o.o how exsaxtly will we be geting the mods for thes new weapons ?
I kinda have the same question about the mods . . but with them repeating the repeating Assassin mod . . I'm going to guess maybe the assassin mod would work.
probably a bad guess :o

Atticus Batman
10-18-2014, 02:41 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z175/nitrozilla/General/we-not-worthy.gif~original (http://s195.photobucket.com/user/nitrozilla/media/General/we-not-worthy.gif.html)

My guess would be this part:

All these bounties are available from arkfalls through Nov. 12, but if you don’t quite get your fill, you may also find Halloween weapons, mods, and legendaries in our new Blackened Hellfire Supply Crates.

Looks like they will be possible rewards for the special Hulker Arkfalls, and also found as random gear in the Blackened Hellfire Supply Crates.

Remember they added mods as rewards for the aftermath patch on the Pts so if it isn't too bugged, they will be possible rewards when that patch goes live.

{SNIP}
* Since Charge Blades can’t be upgraded, they are now encrypted by default so they receive the encryption bonus. This change is retroactive.
* Common, Uncommon, and Rare Weapon mods can now drop from enemies and event rewards.

{SNIP}* Added new pursuits for Season 2 and Conflicts which add 90 possible EGO points total (but no changes to the EGO cap).
* Added content (currently disabled) for future events: Extra Life and Halloween.

[{SNIP}* Updated several Halloween Events
{SNAP}

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175219-Defiance-Patch-2.300-Aftermath-is-now-on-PTS-(and-UNLOCKED!)

Lubber
10-18-2014, 03:01 AM
Thanks TW,
that Wolfman & Hexer looks pretty dam good , cool head gears !~

Not that I am a fan of SMGs (in fact opposite), but I personally found only Wolfman is worth going for. They still have to learn to make weapon people desire. I mean, crit roll on Blaster and uncommon fire rate roll on SAW and no single recoil roll for it? Only one crit roll for semi-auto sniper? C'mon.

It was in the news, that after some coming patches all type of mods would come as drop and event rewards.

But outfits looks great! Thanks for it!

Kosmiker
10-18-2014, 04:57 AM
Ok, gonna have to cancel whatever I have scheduled for those days because I want some taste of that!

J8 Sky
10-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Not that I am a fan of SMGs (in fact opposite), but I personally found only Wolfman is worth going for. They still have to learn to make weapon people desire. I mean, crit roll on Blaster and uncommon fire rate roll on SAW and no single recoil roll for it? Only one crit roll for semi-auto sniper? C'mon.
Hopefully the rolls are random , so there may still be a chance these weapons become "chase-able" .
i love the Purge though .

TriGlav 2000
10-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Yeah, many people look for quad mag blasters. SASR would be better with +2 mag and double crit, and also -0.20 recoil roll on AR and SAW. Maybe -0.10 recoil on tachmag. IMHO Grind Fragger would be better choice than Fragger.

But this sounds like a great event.

LegendaryU2K
10-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Starting Oct. 29....................................today is the 18th
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/trollface/jackie-chan-meme-smiley-emoticon.png

Tigercml
10-18-2014, 01:29 PM
So unless I'm reading this wrong, we can only get new outfits from lock boxes, AGAIN? What garbage. I still haven't even gotten any of the corporate espionage ones. Can't you make another way to get outfits or at least make it so an outfit is a guaranteed drop from a lock box. As of right now you aren't getting any more money from me.

ColapsN7
10-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Defiance Store BITS to here ADD NEW Pumpkin
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/10/Wolfman-Comp-th.jpghttp://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/10/Costume-1-th.jpg
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/10/17/halloween-arkfalls-hulker-madness/

Buy Bits *Login
https://defiancepc.trionworlds.com/commerce/purchase/credits/purchase-credits-flow.action
... .

ColapsN7
10-18-2014, 02:34 PM
So unless I'm reading this wrong, we can only get new outfits from lock boxes, AGAIN? What garbage. I still haven't even gotten any of the corporate espionage ones. Can't you make another way to get outfits or at least make it so an outfit is a guaranteed drop from a lock box. As of right now you aren't getting any more money from me.

P.S
y to Buy game * (1)Defiance * (2)DLC ALL ( that's all ) .

make it so an outfit is a guaranteed drop from a lock box. As of right now you aren't getting any more money from me.

Nefarious
10-18-2014, 09:50 PM

Seriously, this.

Its already random on what outfit piece you get. No need to have a chance into buying nothing. Whether its from bits/$$ or a million scrip a player should at least be guaranteed at a outfit piece. Im one of those players that wont even bother with such boxes because of the chance of not getting an outfit piece. Im not going to gamble a million scrip on a 'chance' to get a outfit/headgear and still have high odds of not getting the exact one I want out of the bundle of outfit pieces offered on top of a chance of getting nothing at all. The odds are so stacked against you that the risk worth reward makes it not worth doing.

PhantasieTrion
10-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi Everyone

PTS has been updated with the (non final, there are still bugs) Halloween patch.

http://i62.tinypic.com/140auef.jpg

Enjoy!

--Phantasie

JadedSinn
10-19-2014, 02:00 AM
i want to shake the hand of the person that came up with the event and then kick them in the butt for it also... this thing is nuts. i tested it on PTS tonight... the insanity... the death.. the carnage..

it needs alot more testing.. but i see a lot of potentel. beleave it should also stay on live as a permanent arkfall after the event is gone and over with after the 12th..

Crack
10-19-2014, 11:40 AM
I too hope the rolls arent static. If they are static then Id rather see the Saws rolls like this.
0.10 Accuracy
1.03 fire rate or .15 Crit mult
0.20 Recoil
25% Stowed on kill (because of the coming preparedness nerf)
10% Life steal

JadedSinn
10-19-2014, 02:43 PM
I too hope the rolls arent static. If they are static then Id rather see the Saws rolls like this.
0.10 Accuracy
1.03 fire rate or .15 Crit mult
0.20 Recoil
25% Stowed on kill (because of the coming preparedness nerf)
10% Life steal

blackhell fire or whatever the name of the weapons are. are not set rolls. i have 2 of the same gun on pts from testing one was purple the other was blue and the rolls where all diffrent. one had a few reload rolls the other had a few acuracy rolls. so thy are random.

the only thing that is set on them is the synergy.

no one on pts has gotten the oj ones yet. so no one can report on if there rolls are set or not.

Crack
10-20-2014, 06:10 AM
blackhell fire or whatever the name of the weapons are. are not set rolls. i have 2 of the same gun on pts from testing one was purple the other was blue and the rolls where all diffrent. one had a few reload rolls the other had a few acuracy rolls. so thy are random.

the only thing that is set on them is the synergy.

no one on pts has gotten the oj ones yet. so no one can report on if there rolls are set or not.

Thats great news then if the ojs follow suit. As much as we all want perfectly rolled weapons, I prefer the excitment of pulling something and being surprised by the rolls (good or bad). I would even love to see the WM weapon drops be changed to random rolls...Id probably start fight him again.

Rashere
10-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Answers to a couple questions/notes:

The Purge mods drop from the Halloween events alongside the Blackened Hellfire weapons. They're also available in the Blackened Hellfire Supply Crate.

The named guns are set rolls, but I'm planning on tweaking them before they go live.

Rashere

Sliverbaer
10-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Answers to a couple questions/notes:

The Purge mods drop from the Halloween events alongside the Blackened Hellfire weapons. They're also available in the Blackened Hellfire Supply Crate.

The named guns are set rolls, but I'm planning on tweaking them before they go live.

Rashere

Hmmmm. I thought I got regular mod during the Hulker Hell minor arkfall. I'll have to double check my inventory later.

Where is the Blackend Hellfire Supply Crate? I checked a few and didn't see any out of the ordinary other than the Von Bach, Topnotch, and Soleptor factions ones being added to Tarr Family Vendor.

Rashere
10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Hmmmm. I thought I got regular mod during the Hulker Hell minor arkfall. I'll have to double check my inventory later.

Where is the Blackend Hellfire Supply Crate? I checked a few and didn't see any out of the ordinary other than the Von Bach, Topnotch, and Soleptor factions ones being added to Tarr Family Vendor.

The Halloween items were only on the end of event rewards. Going to update it so they're also dropping from the NPCs in lieu of their normal loot.

The crate might not be enabled on PTS currently. I'll check.

Rashere

JadedSinn
10-20-2014, 05:39 PM
The Halloween items were only on the end of event rewards. Going to update it so they're also dropping from the NPCs in lieu of their normal loot.

The crate might not be enabled on PTS currently. I'll check.

Rashere

that will make alot of players happy when there droping also from the enamys. it was a little.. lacking when nothing was sroping at all. you may also want to make the mods drop from enamys also . :D it would take FOREVER to get the mods you needed otherwise. :D

and also thanks rashere :D you the man when it comes to what you do

Rashere
10-20-2014, 06:29 PM
that will make alot of players happy when there droping also from the enamys. it was a little.. lacking when nothing was sroping at all. you may also want to make the mods drop from enamys also . :D it would take FOREVER to get the mods you needed otherwise. :D

and also thanks rashere :D you the man when it comes to what you do

They drop both the guns and the mods. Was an oversight on my part about where the loot tables were so glad PTS did its job and pointed that out. Not sure if it made it in today's update, but if not, we'll likely do another tomorrow.

I made some tweaks to the guns too based on the feedback I've seen. I'll get the screens updated when I can, but this is what I tweaked:

- Ghost Duster - Swapped the uncommon fire rate roll for an accuracy roll. Fire rate wasn't doing a lot of work and the bloom was bugging me during sustained fire.
- Beelzebub - Changed the legendary roll to damage instead of fire rate...and then basically redid everything else to fit. Check the screens once they're up.
- Demon Hunter - Swapped the rare roll from crit to damage and the legendary roll from damage to +mag. It's got a bit more bite now.
- Dropped the Blackened Hellfire Assault Rifle ROF back down to 12. The gun is built off the EMC Service Rifle and should have been 12, but I fat-fingered it during creation and it accidentally got set to 15. That's fixed. Affects Ghost Duster too, since its built off that rifle.

Rashere

Chump Norris
10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
So just to check before I waste my time. The Wolfman will only come in fire nano?

Belle Starr
10-20-2014, 07:29 PM
They drop both the guns and the mods. Was an oversight on my part about where the loot tables were so glad PTS did its job and pointed that out. Not sure if it made it in today's update, but if not, we'll likely do another tomorrow.

I made some tweaks to the guns too based on the feedback I've seen. I'll get the screens updated when I can, but this is what I tweaked:

- Ghost Duster - Swapped the uncommon fire rate roll for an accuracy roll. Fire rate wasn't doing a lot of work and the bloom was bugging me during sustained fire.
- Beelzebub - Changed the legendary roll to damage instead of fire rate...and then basically redid everything else to fit. Check the screens once they're up.
- Demon Hunter - Swapped the rare roll from crit to damage and the legendary roll from damage to +mag. It's got a bit more bite now.
- Dropped the Blackened Hellfire Assault Rifle ROF back down to 12. The gun is built off the EMC Service Rifle and should have been 12, but I fat-fingered it during creation and it accidentally got set to 15. That's fixed. Affects Ghost Duster too, since its built off that rifle.

Rashere

Thank you Rashere for all your hard work on making Halloween a special event in Defiance! I'm totally non-tech savvy, but even I recognize this had to be quite a chore to prepare all these weapons! I may not understand how they work, but I am SO going to enjoy mastering these "treats"!

BarGod
10-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Jekkin awesome

Knightmage
10-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Truly liking it.

Rashere
10-21-2014, 09:10 AM
So just to check before I waste my time. The Wolfman will only come in fire nano?

Correct, the "theme" of the Blackened Hellfire weapons and their named variants is "set em on fire and drain the life outta em". They all come with an incendiary nano and The Purge synergy.

Rashere

Chump Norris
10-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Correct, the "theme" of the Blackened Hellfire weapons and their named variants is "set em on fire and drain the life outta em". They all come with an incendiary nano and The Purge synergy.

Rashere

Cool just wanted to make sure before I ran around looking for rad/bio/syphon. Thanks for the response sir!

Chocolatelover67
10-21-2014, 09:03 PM
cool stuff I'm excited........

crazyged
10-22-2014, 01:36 AM
The hulker major is pretty enjoyable.

I got smeared into the dirt more than once, but man, I love that chaos!

Chocolatelover67
10-22-2014, 06:09 AM
The hulker major is pretty enjoyable.

I got smeared into the dirt more than once, but man, I love that chaos!

Are you on the PTS or has it gone live?

JadedSinn
10-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Are you on the PTS or has it gone live?

it was on pts coco its not there anymore its been replaced with the extra life event for the time being and it should be actavated live on the 29th at noon if i recall correctly.

youll have fun :) death and mayhame everywhere. mmmm i cant wait to go hunting agine.

Rashere
10-22-2014, 10:52 AM

Rashere

New images are up on the original blog post now with the updated stats.

Rashere

Chocolatelover67
10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
it was on pts coco its not there anymore its been replaced with the extra life event for the time being and it should be actavated live on the 29th at noon if i recall correctly.

youll have fun :) death and mayhame everywhere. mmmm i cant wait to go hunting agine.

Sounds cool...

I just wish they'd taken more time to fix LAG rather then play fixing new features.....

JadedSinn
10-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Sounds cool...

I just wish they'd taken more time to fix LAG rather then play fixing new features.....

when was the last time you where on ? about an update or so ago thy did manage to lower the lag a little in game. its not as bad as it was and has come down alot for the most part atleast when i play

Chocolatelover67
10-22-2014, 08:29 PM
when was the last time you where on ? about an update or so ago thy did manage to lower the lag a little in game. its not as bad as it was and has come down alot for the most part atleast when i play

I was on last night my time......... I did notice a few things which made me happy as a pig in mud :)

Driving the Duni I never noticed this before but on the roads you see it kick up dirt when you are driving along. This is so cool to see this happen, and I've either never noticed it before or only just realized it happens. The effect looks cool...

As to lag I can't really say I've noticed much of that. I did see some raiders walk two steps and sort of pause then continue at Ridgequest Mines but it only happened once and I've seen a couple of Volge do that at a swarm event but it's been nothing like it has been in the past..

You are right things have improved..

CM Kiwibird
10-23-2014, 04:20 PM
You are right things have improved..

Glad you've noticed! The Dev team worked very hard to make that happen. :o

Gooooo Dev team!

Romashishka
10-25-2014, 03:28 AM
please pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
please help my friend banned, error code 2003
romashishka.ae@mail.ru

Question Reference # 141023-003278
Date Created: 10/23/2014 07:10 AM
Date Last Updated: 10/23/2014 07:10 AM
Question Reference # 141023-003337
Created: 10/23/2014 07:25 AM
Date of last update: 10/23/2014 07:25 AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Elastik Spastik
10-25-2014, 03:43 AM
Sounds awesome really can't wait.

Chocolatelover67
10-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Will this happen after halloween?

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 02:12 AM
Will this happen after halloween?

It ends November 12.

Ryker Vorton
10-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Glad you've noticed! The Dev team worked very hard to make that happen. :o

Gooooo Dev team!

Some weird things happens now, myself and several other people have been experiencing a really spooky behavior in the (now) few sieges and other events, when there is a major number of players gathered the players simply become invisible, enemies are still there, no apparent lag, except everyone else becomes invisible.

But more importantly, and i'm sorry to disagree here:

Any chance they can increase the amount of Sieges and Incursions that happen daily, doesn't seem to be enough to do, with waiting for daily faction quests to reset, there seems to be only a few Arkfalls happening.

Each server has an ideal and maximum capacity for players (and this number has not changed significantly for quite some time). However we have increased the size of the world with Silicon Valley, which means even more events active at once. Even before Silicon Valley players were too “spread out” in the game world. With a high event frequency, players would often show up at events and be the only one there, or one of only a few. This can be very frustrating, and is in fact a major cause of someone leaving the game. We don’t want this! On top of this, we see an increase in posts/chat about how events are empty and then (making the incorrect assumption) that the servers are also empty when in fact they are not.

This is why we have the events balanced as they are now: we like to see events with many people at them – and the longest period there should be without a major event is 5 minutes.

We now face up to hours of eventless maps, not more than a month ago we would see sieges all day, incursions, etc, they were all around and readily available, now we (at least PC/NA) are finding ourselves jumping from friend to friend more time than actually playing because at times there are no sieges nor major events even for hours (yesterday we had a 3 hour window with not a single siege to be found)

Is really that what the devs want? Players sitting in a town or jumping from friend to friend trying to find a siege or a major incursion? Where are those 5 minutes you mentioned?

Another thing. Have any one noticed that when we turn on the "Show EGO rating on nearby menu" (in the config) it reverts itself to off when we log out? (I've sent feedback about this using the in-game feedback feature like a month ago already)

Baines
10-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Some weird things happens now, myself and several other people have been experiencing a really spooky behavior in the (now) few sieges and other events, when there is a major number of players gathered the players simply become invisible, enemies are still there, no apparent lag, except everyone else becomes invisible.

It has been happening, rarely, since the big lag fix. You can also have all the enemies disappear, but all the other players remain visible.

I mentioned it before, not long after the lag fix. Another player suggested it was the game not drawing players or enemies due to having too many items on the ground, but I don't believe it was that, as the game was drawing the same kinds of battles before the lag fix (but with crippling lag). I had it happen again earlier today in a Monolith battle with almost nothing on the ground and almost no Dark Matter, where all the players vanished, and then popped back in in groups from closest to furthest.

EDIT:
As for hulker madness itself, when is it supposed to actually start? People have been posting as if it has already been running all day, but I've yet to see a single event on PC-NA. I have seen an extremely large number of Dark Matter Arkfalls, compared to recent weeks, though.

bjs852
10-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Are you getting stuff from regular arkfalls or only the Hulker Hell and Plagues?

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Only the hulker and plaque events give you the Halloween themed stuff, since they are the Halloween themed arkfalls.

King Kuder
10-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Wow...I've seen and participated in only 2 majors today and maybe 3 minors (Halloween Arkfalls). This event is starting to look like a let down. Great news is that Dark Matter rules the world now.

Kfirtz411
10-30-2014, 06:48 AM

We now face up to hours of eventless maps, not more than a month ago we would see sieges all day, incursions, etc, they were all around and readily available, now we (at least PC/NA) are finding ourselves jumping from friend to friend more time than actually playing because at times there are no sieges nor major events even for hours (yesterday we had a 3 hour window with not a single siege to be found)

Is really that what the devs want? Players sitting in a town or jumping from friend to friend trying to find a siege or a major incursion? Where are those 5 minutes you mentioned?

Another thing. Have any one noticed that when we turn on the "Show EGO rating on nearby menu" (in the config) it reverts itself to off when we log out? (I've sent feedback about this using the in-game feedback feature like a month ago already)

I saw the same thing, managed to rack up a score of over 100K on a single arkfall since it just kept reverting back to Wave 1. Then the map just went barren save for the Dark Matter arkfalls. Kinda saddened by this, I am really looking forward to these Hulker Hell Arkfalls.

Tex_Arcana
10-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Managed to get to three Halloween Arkfalls last night (Pacific PCNA).
In two I mowed down mobs like a madman, and got no score or reward. And I did have open inventory slots.
One went well, and a received a Blue "Blackened" SMG, and a Purple Bonfire RL.
Hopefully Trion fixes these event bugs.

Ghostcrow
10-30-2014, 07:27 AM
I've participated in three of the Hulker Arkfalls successfully. One I tried to participate in, but the spawn waves kept resetting. I got so frustrated listening to my Ego say the same stuff that I gave up.

I've noticed that my map seems to be bugged, it seems to have few arkfalls on it, even when something is going on. I jumped to a friend last night and participated in one Hulker arkfall that wasn't even on my map. Something seems amiss. Also, I've driven through an area where Ego gives the announcement that there's an arkfall, and "Hulker Hell" popped up at the top of my screen, but nothing was on the map.

I'm thinking there's some sort of map/phasing issue with the events. :confused:

Chocolatelover67
10-30-2014, 05:41 PM
I've participated in three of the Hulker Arkfalls successfully. One I tried to participate in, but the spawn waves kept resetting. I got so frustrated listening to my Ego say the same stuff that I gave up.

I've noticed that my map seems to be bugged, it seems to have few arkfalls on it, even when something is going on. I jumped to a friend last night and participated in one Hulker arkfall that wasn't even on my map. Something seems amiss. Also, I've driven through an area where Ego gives the announcement that there's an arkfall, and "Hulker Hell" popped up at the top of my screen, but nothing was on the map.

I'm thinking there's some sort of map/phasing issue with the events. :confused:

Working as intended :D

nighttalk
11-03-2014, 04:59 AM
where to find them and to get a jack-o’-lanterns headgear thanks

Atticus Batman
11-03-2014, 10:41 PM
where to find them and to get a jack-o’-lanterns headgear thanks

The pumpkin/jack-o'-lantern headgear does not come from the pumpkins/jack-o'-lanterns. It is a random reward from a Hulker arkfall. The pumpkins are at all of the Hulker arkfalls, but do not drop gear or outfits/helms. The angry pumpkins explode when shot, hurting all around, enemies included. When shot, The happy ones heal all around them, including enemies.

LegendaryU2K
11-04-2014, 08:44 PM
dumb question because i don't see it, but when does this event end?
also can a dev tell me is there any plans for a snow blizzard event for Christmas?

Atticus Batman
11-04-2014, 10:23 PM
dumb question because i don't see it, but when does this event end?
also can a dev tell me is there any plans for a snow blizzard event for Christmas?

It ends November 12.

m4ltygos
11-05-2014, 11:02 AM
noob questions
1)
hulker -> the 1 that has like 7-8 more major arkfalls in it right?

plaque -> just 1 arkfall

2)
each time i got killed by my bombs (lol zombies run in front of me out of nowhere) i kill myself and automatically spawn at near base, is that suppose to happen?

Atticus Batman
11-05-2014, 11:06 PM
noob questions
1)
hulker -> the 1 that has like 7-8 more major arkfalls in it right?

plaque -> just 1 arkfall

2)
each time i got killed by my bombs (lol zombies run in front of me out of nowhere) i kill myself and automatically spawn at near base, is that suppose to happen?

It is if you held the button to force yourself to respawn. I always just crawl to the nearest person I see so they can revive me. If you die you lose 1k points, if you have to respawn, you lose another 2k points. so you lose fewer points if you lay on the ground so somebody will pick you up.

Telemachus
11-06-2014, 04:21 AM
I generally only play 4-5 hours a day... would be nice to see a Hulker hell major thing , more then once every other day..

SO up the damn spawn rate on the limited time event special ...please.

You added something to the game that players don't detest....and so you limit it ?

Should be one on the map it all times, If one is finished then another should spawn in a minute later.

What the Hulker hell are you thinking ?

Atticus Batman
11-06-2014, 04:30 AM
I generally only play 4-5 hours a day... would be nice to see a Hulker hell major thing , more then once every other day..

SO up the damn spawn rate on the limited time event special ...please.

You added something to the game that players don't detest....and so you limit it ?

Should be one on the map it all times, If one is finished then another should spawn in a minute later.

What the Hulker hell are you thinking ?

Simple answer is that it is how their Dynamic Event program is coded. So they either need to duplicate the special events on that system a couple dozen or so times, or rework their broken system.

{EDIT}Btw I just found the post I was looking for that basically says that, by a dev (the overworked Rashere). Here's the link:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?176058-Devs-What-Extra-Life-did-right-why-I-m-worried-about-Halloween&p=1632526&viewfull=1#post1632526

Also checkout this earlier post in the same thread:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?176058-Devs-What-Extra-Life-did-right-why-I-m-worried-about-Halloween&p=1632255#post1632255

Baines
11-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Simple answer is that it is how their Dynamic Event program is coded. So they either need to duplicate the special events on that system a couple dozen or so times, or rework their broken system.

{EDIT}Btw I just found the post I was looking for that basically says that, by a dev (the overworked Rashere). Here's the link:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?176058-Devs-What-Extra-Life-did-right-why-I-m-worried-about-Halloween&p=1632526&viewfull=1#post1632526

Except it isn't working out the way Rashere said. It has been a flood of Dark Matter arkfalls, not Hulker Hell. Which I guess is a semi-positive, because Dark Matter was rather scarce before Hulker Hell started.

Rashere
11-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Except it isn't working out the way Rashere said. It has been a flood of Dark Matter arkfalls, not Hulker Hell. Which I guess is a semi-positive, because Dark Matter was rather scarce before Hulker Hell started.

It's unfortunately subject to randomness. They're spawning quite often, roughly 3x more than the next event in the list, but randomness being what it is, you'll get streaks over short periods.

Rashere

Baines
11-06-2014, 06:59 PM
It's unfortunately subject to randomness. They're spawning quite often, roughly 3x more than the next event in the list, but randomness being what it is, you'll get streaks over short periods.

Rashere

There is random, and there is "played several hours with only a couple of Plaguer minors and no Hulker Hell major". At least from what I've seen, they've nearly vanished from PC-NA since the inventory patch. To be fair, it is easy to miss Plaguer minors because they only last a few minutes due to everyone descending upon them the moment one appears. But Hulker Hells stay active long enough to be nearly impossible to miss if you keep checking the map.

Speaking of random, do event arkfalls drop Purge Sniper Rifle Stocks? I've noticed that while I've collected (and scrapped/sold) a fair number of mod parts, I've yet to get a Purge stock for a sniper rifle. The game does love to give me blue shotgun stocks for melee though.

Rashere
11-06-2014, 07:22 PM
There is random, and there is "played several hours with only a couple of Plaguer minors and no Hulker Hell major". At least from what I've seen, they've nearly vanished from PC-NA since the inventory patch. To be fair, it is easy to miss Plaguer minors because they only last a few minutes due to everyone descending upon them the moment one appears. But Hulker Hells stay active long enough to be nearly impossible to miss if you keep checking the map.

Speaking of random, do event arkfalls drop Purge Sniper Rifle Stocks? I've noticed that while I've collected (and scrapped/sold) a fair number of mod parts, I've yet to get a Purge stock for a sniper rifle. The game does love to give me blue shotgun stocks for melee though.

I'll check the numbers again since the patch, but before it we were seeing thousands of Halloween events firing off per day on each platform and we didn't change the spawn rate, just the mix of major vs. minor.

There's definitely rifle stocks with The Purge mod synergy on the event loot tables.

Rashere

Baines
11-06-2014, 07:50 PM
I'll check the numbers again since the patch, but before it we were seeing thousands of Halloween events firing off per day on each platform and we didn't change the spawn rate, just the mix of major vs. minor.

There's definitely rifle stocks with The Purge mod synergy on the event loot tables.

Rashere

Of course in typical fashion, after I complain I logged back on and found a Plaguer and a Hulker Hell running (on PC-NA).

Unfortunately, the Hulker Hell was trying to dip into 'unplayable' territory. Don't get me wrong, it was still a lot more playable than lag-riddled events in the bad lag days, but it is hard to coordinate with other players (either to coordinate fire or to revive downed players) when the game stops rendering all other players.

ColapsN7
11-06-2014, 08:01 PM

Rashere

Of course in typical fashion, after I complain I logged back on and found a Plaguer and a Hulker Hell running (on PC-NA).

Unfortunately, the Hulker Hell was trying to dip into 'unplayable' territory. Don't get me wrong, it was still a lot more playable than lag-riddled events in the bad lag days, but it is hard to coordinate with other players (either to coordinate fire or to revive downed players) when the game stops rendering all other players.

To chance drop orange 00001%
Patience *вот и всё
... .

Dixie Cougar
11-06-2014, 08:08 PM

Hit me up in game in the next few days, I'll give you a blue SR purge stock.

And likewise I've already lost count of how many melee stocks I've vendored/given away/salvaged.

Atticus Batman
11-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Hit me up in game in the next few days, I'll give you a blue SR purge stock.

And likewise I've already lost count of how many melee stocks I've vendored/given away/salvaged.

melee stocks seem to be all I get for mods. And all weapons I get are blue or worse. I had to buy my purple hellfire smg. I was considering buying a purple hellfire sniper, but will NOT pay 3k for one, and what's worse is they wanted 300k for an ego1200 sniper. As I am over 5500 and stated so in my message in zone chat, there is NO way I am buying any gun that much below me.

Chump Norris
11-06-2014, 10:33 PM
If only I could trade with you Bats :(

You would have a pretty nice HF sniper in your hands.

Atticus Batman
11-06-2014, 11:04 PM
If only I could trade with you Bats :(

You would have a pretty nice HF sniper in your hands.

IF only but certain companies won't allow cross-platform play or cross-platform trades.

Grandpa Ace
11-07-2014, 07:00 AM
TY for giving us more Hulker Arkfalls; however; it seems you also increased the number of Hulkers that spawn in each event, so many that the mass of people can't even keep up. We haven't won one since the change.
Also, the good pumpkin verses bad pumpkin rate still stinks...I have yet to see a reward pumpkin head, and I've been to a number of events.
Lastly, it seems like every weapon is popping out regularly as a reward except the AR's... I've picked up numerous Saws, but the purple AR drop rate of reward rate stinks too.
Pls give these a thought.
GPA

Baines
11-07-2014, 07:29 AM
TY for giving us more Hulker Arkfalls; however; it seems you also increased the number of Hulkers that spawn in each event, so many that the mass of people can't even keep up. We haven't won one since the change.

It could be that you've recently fought in groups that just don't know what they are doing. A good group keeps pace with the hulkers, taking them down one by one as they appear. With a good group, it will feel like there aren't enough hulkers present.

A poor group gets overwhelmed. They either cannot or will not do the concentrated damage to take out hulkers one at a time. The situation degenerates as more hulkers appear, firepower fragments more as people chase different targets, and the hulkers cause more and more chaos. It looks like the event has spawned a lot more hulkers simply because the group isn't killing them off.

Because hulkers have so much health, and because the event starts slow, you might not realize just how poorly the group is handling things until the latter half.

Rashere
11-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Also, the good pumpkin verses bad pumpkin rate still stinks...I have yet to see a reward pumpkin head, and I've been to a number of events.
Lastly, it seems like every weapon is popping out regularly as a reward except the AR's... I've picked up numerous Saws, but the purple AR drop rate of reward rate stinks too.
Pls give these a thought.
GPA

Number of hulkers hasn't changed.

Pumpkin headgear only comes from arkfall rewards or the supply crate, not from shooting pumpkins.

Chance of each type of weapon dropping is identical within the same rarity tier.

Rashere

Telemachus
11-08-2014, 03:05 AM
So you don't have the ability or maybe just the capability to say to the game that there will be a major Hulker hell arkfall atleast once per hour per shard ?

Do you have the ability to hire someone that can do that ?

Baines
11-08-2014, 08:44 AM
So you don't have the ability or maybe just the capability to say to the game that there will be a major Hulker hell arkfall atleast once per hour per shard ?

Do you have the ability to hire someone that can do that ?

Even that wouldn't be enough for some people, though.

If the guarantee was one Hulker Hell in each hour block, then you could have one at the top of the first hour and the next at the bottom of the next hour, resulting in a near two hour stretch between the two events.

If the guarantee wasn't for all shards having a simultaneous Hulker Hell, then anyone jumping shards for any reason (simply going to friends or doing co-ops or whatever) could still constantly bad luck themselves out of ever seeing a Hulker Hell.

If the guarantee was for a specific time, then you'd have everyone waiting to descend on the event. I cannot speak for consoles, but on PC high population Hulker Hells can already have issues. Increasing the number of players present would likely only make it worse, as would running the event simultaneously on all shards. And as silly as it sounds, a fixed time would kind of hurt the idea of the chase. Knowing in advance that a Hulker Hell will start every hour at five minutes past the hour just makes it an appointment to catch.