PDA

View Full Version : Just sayin'

PTR47
10-19-2014, 12:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi5wFq34ATg

(If the point is lost, skip to 1:53)

QipQip
10-19-2014, 01:33 AM
A little practice and all the driving pursuits are doable.Once done, you can forget about how sh***y they were like everyone else.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-19-2014, 02:14 AM
its easier to do time trials with runners lvl 10 and under

PTR47
10-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I'm 9/15 done. Biggest issue is hoops not spawning (for some reason the game must draw all challenges and mobs before it draws hoops). This is poorly optimized.

But the post was more meant in fun.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-19-2014, 01:35 PM
its the lag .im never going to do them dam races on my high toon never

Baines
10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
A little practice and all the driving pursuits are doable.Once done, you can forget about how sh***y they were like everyone else.

Playing on PC, I've simply not found it doable.

I just tried Miwok Hills, which wants 2 minutes for Gold. I got just under 4 minutes. Why? Even driving at regular Runner speed, with no boosting at all, I had to back up and *wait* for the next rings to appear on two separate occasions. When the rings were spawning in advance, I could end up driving through two or three red rings in a row not because I'd missed a ring, but because the game would get several seconds behind on changing them to blue. That was all without boosting, because boosting made it more likely to outrun the rings.

That isn't a matter of skill, unless the game will credit you for driving through an unspawned ring and skill means memorizing the exact locations so you can do exactly that.

Major Crapshot
10-19-2014, 08:48 PM
its easier to do time trials with runners lvl 10 and under
Could you please explain that statement? Being a new guy, I would think that you would want your runner leveled to the max (which was my plan). :confused: But you have been around for awhile so I defer to your experience. :)

DEATHBRINGER210
10-20-2014, 02:18 AM
i got gold and silver at lvl 10 , at lvl 20 the atv is to fast and harder to control , i wish i would have done them at beginning around lvl 10, i have the clan boost now and lvl 20 in runners and i can barely got bronze now . my high ego toon is never ever going to the races now. i spent a good 20 hours on the races at lvl 20 , never again

Major Crapshot
10-20-2014, 05:27 AM
i got gold and silver at lvl 10 , at lvl 20 the atv is to fast and harder to control , i wish i would have done them at beginning around lvl 10, i have the clan boost now and lvl 20 in runners and i can barely got bronze now . my high ego toon is never ever going to the races now. i spent a good 20 hours on the races at lvl 20 , never again

Hmmm. Never thought of it that way. Guess I'll have to start working on them as I am at level 14. I only tried one so far and didn't do too well. :( Thanks for the answer! :)

BTW, since we are talking vehicles; can you use a Duni for these time trials (my roller is only at level 4)? I don't think it would be good at the task but why not ask?
And is the Duni only a single person ride or can two people ride in it like the the other rollers?

acidman
10-20-2014, 08:12 AM

I would disagree ;-)
When your atv is fast enough your boosts will fill up instantly on every checkpoint. So you can most of the TT travel with constant boost the whole way!
That is only working when you've got a high level atv , cause otherwise the speed and boosttime is too low to reach the checkpoint in time.

I've done these challenges also a few days ago ... with lvl 20 atv. And I've done ALL gold TT's in about 1,5 hour or so.
Annoying is only the fact of spawing things on the course or stupid enemys midway :D

DrTogobban
10-20-2014, 08:29 AM
If you're on PC, I'd highly recommend a joystick. Might be able to get finer control when turning.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-20-2014, 02:15 PM
I would disagree ;-)
When your atv is fast enough your boosts will fill up instantly on every checkpoint. So you can most of the TT travel with constant boost the whole way!
That is only working when you've got a high level atv , cause otherwise the speed and boosttime is too low to reach the checkpoint in time.

I've done these challenges also a few days ago ... with lvl 20 atv. And I've done ALL gold TT's in about 1,5 hour or so.
Annoying is only the fact of spawing things on the course or stupid enemys midway :D

with the atv despawning you got gold ? your boost fills up passing thru rings regardless of skill lvl or clan rank , i got gold and sliver without even trying with my skill under 10 , to me its handles better, im on ps3

DEATHBRINGER210
10-20-2014, 02:18 PM
If you're on PC, I'd highly recommend a joystick. Might be able to get finer control when turning.
i have messed with the settings , gave up on them dam races

3rdpig
10-20-2014, 06:46 PM
I got gold on them all on the PC with a keypad and mouse. And did them for my wife and her Father too. And I'm 57, it's not like I've got any kind of super fast twitch reflexes left (assuming I ever had any, which I doubt), just a Rat 7 mouse and a Razer Nostromo.

Good controllers and a few trips through the course to learn the tough spots is all you need. And don't go so fast you're always spinning out or missing gates. Go as fast as you can go without constantly losing it and in a few tries you'll get gold.

B4Ugo
10-21-2014, 02:30 AM
I got all silvers and some golds back when you could run over every thing but monarc and viscera... Have not been able to get a bronze since the vehicle Nerf!! my driving skills were at max befor I tried my first race!!

DEATHBRINGER210
10-21-2014, 02:34 AM
must be easy on pc

DrTogobban
10-21-2014, 07:05 AM
I got gold on them all on the PC with a keypad and mouse. And did them for my wife and her Father too. And I'm 57, it's not like I've got any kind of super fast twitch reflexes left (assuming I ever had any, which I doubt), just a Rat 7 mouse and a Razer Nostromo.

Good controllers and a few trips through the course to learn the tough spots is all you need. And don't go so fast you're always spinning out or missing gates. Go as fast as you can go without constantly losing it and in a few tries you'll get gold.

that's awesome. I have the same setup, but I swapped my nostromo out for a g13 a few years ago, but I always pull out the xbox controller for races. It's obviously doable without it, but you might get a little extra wiggle room using a controller since you can control the steering speed