PDA

View Full Version : reason why i don't play this game as much i like to..

Stormchant
10-19-2014, 11:12 AM
well.. i bought the game and dlc the game was really great when i first started, but after few week of playing i suddenly stop playing.. and the reason is very simple.

when i first start with beginner white weapon it take 5~10 bullet to kill the mob around starting zone.. when am around 4k ego with decent weapon it still take 5~10 bullet to kill the mob around starting zone....i mean stuff in this game take ages to kill and i don't mean those with energy shield. even with sniper rifle it often require 2~3 head shot to kill anything..

i know there is the need to make game harder, but by making gun upgrade/power upgrade almost meaningless does not justify the hard work we put into leveling/upgrading weapon...

Camelot
10-19-2014, 11:42 AM
This is the effect of nerfing, because of PvP. The DEVS balanced the weapons for PvP but they forget the PvE. They buffed the enemy at PvE and nerf the weapon for PvP. Where is the balance in that?

Crack
10-19-2014, 11:47 AM
I never cared for the threat level update either. At low ego its a grind...have a high ego show up increasing the threat level and forget about it. You're just there trying not to die.

Egonieser
10-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I agree, partially. Mob scaling should be there, but not at such a rate as it is now. However i also disagree. Mobs do die a hellova lot easier at high ego than at low and the reason is simple: At low ego you get crap items, you don't get all the legendaries with pro synergies that help kill the same things twice as fast, and you also don't have the ego perks/skills.

It used to be a nightmare to kill a Hellbug Monarch at ego 100, now i can literally 3-shot-kill him, even though he is at my ego level. Why? Synergies, Ego perks, legendary/epic weapons, that you just don't have at low ego, you just can't obtain them eithout being higher ego.
Ego alone is just a small portion of your progress.
By the way, do you actually upgrade your weapons to the same level as your ego? Because for me, mutant mobs at the beggining die with 1 shot from semi auto sniper in the chest (not head). Only thing that needs 2 or more headshots is a Bio-man, rest die with just 1. So you must be doing something wrong...

Fallen_Aingeal
10-19-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with OP.

Mobs in Mt. Tam are no where near as tough as the other areas. I can do all the contracts in Mt. Tam and 1-2 shot everything except BioMen, they take an extra shot or 2.

I've noticed that the scaling gets skewed between TL 7 and 10. Mobs at 7 are moderately difficult and require "x" amount of shots, at 8 it jumps 4 fold, and by 10 they are complete sponges.

My advice to OP. Level up your weapon skills and aim better. There is no reason at 4k+ that mobs in Mt. Tam area should require more than 1-2 shots.

brokenshield
10-19-2014, 01:00 PM
The problem, as I see it, is that there is a difference of opinion as to the purpose of the game in general. Am I playing to speed level to 5000+ Ego as fast as I possibly can? If so then the current TL works as intended. If, on the otherhand, I am supposed to be playing to have fun, it is broken.

Hiding at the edges of a conflict, taking potshots with my sub (which is as maxed out as I can currently get it), dieing multiple times, but being told, in other parts of the forums, that I am gaining buku experience so should be happy, just doesn't work for me. I play games for the journey, not the destination.

Just my Buck and a Quarter (2 cents adjusted for inflation).

Stormchant
10-19-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with OP.

Mobs in Mt. Tam are no where near as tough as the other areas. I can do all the contracts in Mt. Tam and 1-2 shot everything except BioMen, they take an extra shot or 2.

I've noticed that the scaling gets skewed between TL 7 and 10. Mobs at 7 are moderately difficult and require "x" amount of shots, at 8 it jumps 4 fold, and by 10 they are complete sponges.

My advice to OP. Level up your weapon skills and aim better. There is no reason at 4k+ that mobs in Mt. Tam area should require more than 1-2 shots.

how much ego do you have? i know the high end player in my clan, those with 7k ego can one or two shot almost everything.. but for low level.. at least at my ego level it take 5~10 shot to the head to kill most of the stuff in game.

it is not really about easy or hard, it is just not fun to aiming someone's head shoting 5~10 bullet to kill him.. i mean they could make enemy hit harder but at the same time making them die faster would be nice... currenly we just stand there aiming at each other's head waiting for someone to die first XD

p.s. i do scale my weapon to my ego, and i upgrade my weapon with parts. and i have full perk load out to boost my dps. am not sure exactly why, my friend who is slightly lower ego then me having the same problem.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-19-2014, 03:04 PM
how much ego do you have? i know the high end player in my clan, those with 7k ego can one or two shot almost everything.. but for low level.. at least at my ego level it take 5~10 shot to the head to kill most of the stuff in game.

it is not really about easy or hard, it is just not fun to aiming someone's head shoting 5~10 bullet to kill him.. i mean they could make enemy hit harder but at the same time making them die faster would be nice... currenly we just stand there aiming at each other's head waiting for someone to die first XD

p.s. i do scale my weapon to my ego, and i upgrade my weapon with parts. and i have full perk load out to boost my dps. am not sure exactly why, my friend who is slightly lower ego then me having the same problem.My EGO doesn't matter. And there is no such thing as an EGO 7k in Defiance. The cap is 5900.

That said. I was lower EGO once and had to climb the ranks to get to where I am. If I had been able to "1 shot" everything in the game from the beginning, the game would have gotten very boring and stale very quickly. I liked that when I chose the wrong weapons, perk load-out, etc., that the game reminded me by kicking my ***. I learned from that and changed tactics and moved on.

Granted, I remember the game before the TL was introduced. I also remember when the Volge were considered the bad-*****es of the Defiance world. But, I have also started an alternate since and didn't think it was near as bad as most ppl claim.

*Edit*

I apologize for seeming curt, but the game would not be fun for me if all I had to do is give the enemy a stern look to kill them. Nerfing is not the answer.

Stormchant
10-19-2014, 03:23 PM
My EGO doesn't matter. And there is no such thing as an EGO 7k in Defiance. The cap is 5900.

That said. I was lower EGO once and had to climb the ranks to get to where I am. If I had been able to "1 shot" everything in the game from the beginning, the game would have gotten very boring and stale very quickly. I liked that when I chose the wrong weapons, perk load-out, etc., that the game reminded me by kicking my ***. I learned from that and changed tactics and moved on.

Granted, I remember the game before the TL was introduced. I also remember when the Volge were considered the bad-*****es of the Defiance world. But, I have also started an alternate since and didn't think it was near as bad as most ppl claim.

*Edit*

I apologize for seeming curt, but the game would not be fun for me if all I had to do is give the enemy a stern look to kill them. Nerfing is not the answer.

i said am not asking for nerfing.. maybe make enemy three shot dead, and you die from 10 shot? it is the same thing, if not harder. but instead making enemy a bullet sink, making them a deadly viper..

btw.. this is the only fps game that i played that enemy take 5~10 head shot to kill.. in 99% of the fps game enemy die one shot on the head.. including cod, metal gear solid, quake, battlefield...

also this is one of the only game that you can stand in the bullet rain for like 15 second not moving but still alive...

p.s. usually i don't use the term "grinding" for fps game, for it is all about action.. but this game is truly grinding.. it is hard for enemy to kill you, it is hard for you to kill enemy.. well beside boss and maybe threat level 10..

KingNephilim
10-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I dunno OP... 5-10 bullets from an assault rifle hits the enemy in maybe 3 secs? That doesn't seem like "ages" & it definately gets the job done. I'm actually relatively new to the game myself, and I love going back to mount tam to do daily & weekly contracts... I feel like rambo. One man, on gun, bodies dropping in every direction! It's so much simplier & quicker to run thru those missions than when I initally started...

Then only time it's even the slightest bit strenuous is when some ****** decides it's necessary to sit at the end of my conflict site & raise the threat level by 2 or 3 numbers... for what seems like no reason at all -_-

Brindled
10-19-2014, 03:45 PM
I disagree also. I have characters at differing levels and I have no issues with difficulty. There are mechanisms, resistances, and types of mobs that require different postures of game play. This game has a learning curve, for sure, but it has been absolutely fun for me. Most fun game play I've experienced since Guild Wars 2 and Hellgate, which this game feels like a mix of the two (minus the magic casters and minion character play), in my honest opinion.

edit: I can see the OP's point when concerning the Volge type mobs, but you know what you're getting yourself into if you take them on. If OP's comments are concerning solo, there shouldn't be much trouble with most of the content. Alternately, if considereing with other people one should expect difficulty to ramp up when near others. Your experience and score gains are higher around more people.

Stormchant
10-19-2014, 07:01 PM
I dunno OP... 5-10 bullets from an assault rifle hits the enemy in maybe 3 secs? That doesn't seem like "ages" & it definately gets the job done. I'm actually relatively new to the game myself, and I love going back to mount tam to do daily & weekly contracts... I feel like rambo. One man, on gun, bodies dropping in every direction! It's so much simplier & quicker to run thru those missions than when I initally started...

Then only time it's even the slightest bit strenuous is when some ****** decides it's necessary to sit at the end of my conflict site & raise the threat level by 2 or 3 numbers... for what seems like no reason at all -_-

not all assault rifle fire that fast.. it is not smg.. plus i don't head shot 100% of the time.. more like 50%.. so it is like 30 second or longer(plus the time to evade and dodge sniper/melee)

I disagree also. I have characters at differing levels and I have no issues with difficulty. There are mechanisms, resistances, and types of mobs that require different postures of game play. This game has a learning curve, for sure, but it has been absolutely fun for me. Most fun game play I've experienced since Guild Wars 2 and Hellgate, which this game feels like a mix of the two (minus the magic casters and minion character play), in my honest opinion.

edit: I can see the OP's point when concerning the Volge type mobs, but you know what you're getting yourself into if you take them on. If OP's comments are concerning solo, there shouldn't be much trouble with most of the content. Alternately, if considereing with other people one should expect difficulty to ramp up when near others. Your experience and score gains are higher around more people.

not sure about resistance.. i know that acid damage energy shield and fire damage health.. thats about it.. or was it the other way around?

when i said 5~10 bullet head shot i mean the minion around starter area... Volge, 99 usually take full clip or more to kill...especially some volge take several people and several clip...

LegendaryU2K
10-19-2014, 07:41 PM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif
Is the OP serious?
When you first start the game yes with the first guns it takes about 3-6 shots to kill an enemy. But at 1950 my highest ego character it only takes me one shot or 2 -3 shots to kill an enemy. It only takes more shots when higher ego characters come into play , then it takes me depending on the enemy 3-5 shots. Sounds like the Op is one of those players who want to killed everyone with one shot and just breeze through the game easy with no skill involved whatsoever. Yea this game isn't for you, or any other video game for that manner, lol just play quake 1 or something and set it on very easy :)

Brindled
10-19-2014, 08:01 PM
when i said 5~10 bullet head shot i mean the minion around starter area... .
I just did Sniper Ridge Assault for the daily contract. I can't see going any further back to the beginning area than this. I was one shotting the mutant Rifleman, and it took 9 bullets to kill the Mutant Minigunner that comes after blowing up the 3 caches. I did this with a mediocre assault rifle that has bio nano-effect that's fully modded w/ assassin synergy. Also, with a ranger rifle I was 1 shotting everything. All these kills were body shots too, so 0 headshot damage.

I have to respectfully disagree with you still, Stormchant.

Brindled
10-19-2014, 08:12 PM
And, to the point I just made I'd like to let you know that they're planning to make high level EGO players deal less damage in low level areas. So, I don't know what to tell you to better your experience when dealing with the difficulty of the game. If you're having an issue at EGO 4k I guess making it to 5k might make things easier, but again, with the changes coming it might make little difference.

PTR47
10-20-2014, 12:15 AM
TBH, scaling is simply not weighing up to what it should be.

And, I don't know what it should be.

We have low levels scaling up to high levels, and soon-to-be high-levels scaling down to low levels. At 56xx, the game is too easy. I like T10 difficulty at 56xx. That's fun. Even early on (3xxx), T10 was fun. Now, it's hard to be excited about the solo game. In PvP we have very low levels exceeding the power of very high levels.

It just doesn't make sense to be high level. Plus, it seems you're higher on threat lists in MP events.

If it makes no sense to level, and no sense to group, what is the real point of leveling? Or, well, playing?

EDIT: This is not a complaint. I like the game. I like T10 challenges. I just don't understand the underlying logic behind any of it. Scaling is working backwards atm.

Snowclan
10-20-2014, 12:31 AM
I have a 5600 ego character. I started playing last Christmas. I've heard many complaints about how much harder the game is now, compared to how it was before Arktech Revolution. So I started a brand new character, who has reached 1k ego so far.

When I am soloing, the game is pretty much identical to how it was before. Stuff dies in a couple of shots. Tougher enemies can take a bit more effort, and boss type enemies may require some real effort or using my Ego power. It doesn't matter if I am playing my 5600 ego character or my 1k ego alt in that respect.

The only time things change is when more people are around. I've often remarked that Defiance is perhaps the only online multiplayer game that actively discourages people from teaming up and playing together. Things get so much harder when you are not soloing. Again, this is true for both of my characters.

It helps a lot that I know what weapons fit my play style, and that I know to keep my weapons and shield close to my character's ego rating. I don't bother with mods with the alt. It hardly seems worth the trouble when I am replacing guns every few hours. The Vot Pulser you can buy from most general Supply vendors is excellent. I use one of those about 80% of the time.

Even when the threat level goes up, I have not had any difficulty playing my alt. I am used to the effect, and it is the same for my 5600 ego character as for my 1k ego alt. I have to be more careful. I may have to hit and run if too many enemy are shooting at me at the same time. I have to use my "serious" load-outs, not stuff I am working on getting skill levels in.

My scores in Sieges, Incursions, and Arkfalls end up being pretty much the same, no matter which character I play. The threat scaling system works. The people who believe that they can't do any damage, while the high ego characters can, are either over-estimating what higher ego rating characters actually do, underestimating what they can do, or using terrible weapons.

I disagree entirely with the OP. The game is perfectly playable, and if anything a bit easier now than it was in the Good Old Days.