PDA

View Full Version : Extra Life and linking

Malphas Sennox
10-19-2014, 04:50 PM
I may have missed it somewhere but I can't seem to figure out, how does Trion know that I am participating in the extra life event? Is there a way to link the extra life page to my Trion account or something?

crazyged
10-20-2014, 12:40 AM
You must just join the Trion team - you can do so on the Extra Life site.

Trion can monitor how long you play, but it's on the honour system anyway.

Atticus Batman
10-20-2014, 03:36 AM
If you want the goodies Trion gives out for participating in Extralife then you have to join Team Trion. They can check your game data to see how long you played, and they give out the rewards manually. It is up to you to let them know you signed up for team trion though since gamer tags aren't linked to extralife, so it is a matter of them trusting that they name you said is you on Extralife, really is. So as Crazy said, it is on the Honor system.

I believe that is also why most who are signed up for it, also put the link to their extralife page in their forum sig saying something on the lines of: "vote for me!" It adds to your credibility.

hiban
10-20-2014, 05:55 AM
i suppose you will have to use the same email from your defiance account in your extra life account.
However, it would be nice that someone from Trion explains this a bit.

Z0mb13
10-20-2014, 12:02 PM
i suppose you will have to use the same email from your defiance account in your extra life account.
However, it would be nice that someone from Trion explains this a bit.

No, you log in to your dashboard on extra-life.org

From your dashboard in the "RIGHT" Nav bar you'll notice a "Change Team Membership" button. Click that and set the team of your choice!

hiban
10-20-2014, 05:21 PM
No, you log in to your dashboard on extra-life.org

From your dashboard in the "RIGHT" Nav bar you'll notice a "Change Team Membership" button. Click that and set the team of your choice!

yeah, i know that. but how does Trion know that the guy who has registered at extra-life.org under X username and joined the Trion Worlds 2014 team is the same guy who is playing Defiance under Y username?

SanCarioca
10-20-2014, 10:15 PM
yeah, i know that. but how does Trion know that the guy who has registered at extra-life.org under X username and joined the Trion Worlds 2014 team is the same guy who is playing Defiance under Y username?

That's also my doubt. And I'm on PS3.

crazyged
10-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Think about it - why would anyone who is NOT playing Defiance join the Trion team?

Nobody is going to say they were somebody else if they won't benefit from it...

hiban
10-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Yeah, but supposedly they are going to track how many hours each player has been playing during the event. You know, for rewards and stuff. So to do that, they need to know who is who.

Sword
10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
I was around when they did it a long time ago and i didn't sign up but i could get the special weapons from vendors, Bug n Chug if i remember.

Midnight
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Yeah, but supposedly they are going to track how many hours each player has been playing during the event. You know, for rewards and stuff. So to do that, they need to know who is who.

Except for when you read their team page there are no mention of Defiance rewards. It's mostly about supporting a worthy cause though, so just going to see who I can get to donate for the event.

CM Kiwibird
10-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Except for when you read their team page there are no mention of Defiance rewards. It's mostly about supporting a worthy cause though, so just going to see who I can get to donate for the event.

We're definitely having some awesome Defiance rewards. :o Make sure to join the Trion Worlds 2014 team to qualify for our rewards.