PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to Extra Life players

Nofreemilk
10-20-2014, 08:51 AM
I haven't played in a while but I have a max ego character on PC NA (nofreemilk). I would just like to extend a thank you to all the players doing the Extra Life event to raise funds for children with cancer.

In January of this year my then 4 year old daughter Genevieve was diagnosed with Leukemia (ALL). The things you have to see your child endure and overcome are heartbreaking. It has been an unbelievable struggle but she is doing well with the treatments. The amount of support we received from family, friends, and even strangers has been reaffirming the goodness that we are all capable of. When your child gets cancer it hits you on every front possible and anything people can do to help families thru it means the world to them.

I haven't played Defiance in a few months, but it gave me short bits of time to rest my mind and for that I am grateful. Maybe I can find the time to get on and play during Extra Life. Let me know anybody who is doing it and if I get on I will keep an eye out for you.

If you would like to see pictures of my daughter Genevieve you can go to www.teamgenevieve.com and if you are in Austin on Sunday Oct 26th stop by her benefit and say hi to a hero.

TotallyADefianceDev
10-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Stories like this are why I do Extra Life, and I hope that the benefit is chock full of people.

CM Kiwibird
10-20-2014, 10:49 AM
If you would like to see pictures of my daughter Genevieve you can go to www.teamgenevieve.com and if you are in Austin on Sunday Oct 26th stop by her benefit and say hi to a hero.

Oh man, so close! I don't think I'll be back in Austin in time, but that sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing with everyone here! :o

Nofreemilk
10-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Oh man, so close! I don't think I'll be back in Austin in time, but that sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing with everyone here! :o

Did Trion close all their Austin operations? If you all still have a building open here I can run a poster by sometime this week also.

CM Kiwibird
10-20-2014, 03:49 PM
We certainly do have an office in Austin! I'll PM you real quick with more information. :)

PhantasieTrion
10-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Agreed - I hope everyone can support Extra Life. And speaking of Extra Life - if you want to check out the event in advance, you can, as its on PTS now.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175219-Defiance-Patch-2.300-Aftermath-is-now-on-PTS-(and-UNLOCKED!)&p=1629754&viewfull=1#post1629754

Degan
10-20-2014, 04:17 PM
First time I'm participating, so i signed up and I hope I got everything correct!

Looking forward to this!

ironcladtrash
10-20-2014, 05:17 PM
I haven't played in a while but I have a max ego character on PC NA (nofreemilk). I would just like to extend a thank you to all the players doing the Extra Life event to raise funds for children with cancer.

In January of this year my then 4 year old daughter Genevieve was diagnosed with Leukemia (ALL). The things you have to see your child endure and overcome are heartbreaking. It has been an unbelievable struggle but she is doing well with the treatments. The amount of support we received from family, friends, and even strangers has been reaffirming the goodness that we are all capable of. When your child gets cancer it hits you on every front possible and anything people can do to help families thru it means the world to them.

I haven't played Defiance in a few months, but it gave me short bits of time to rest my mind and for that I am grateful. Maybe I can find the time to get on and play during Extra Life. Let me know anybody who is doing it and if I get on I will keep an eye out for you.

Glad to hear she is doing better. I went through a similar thing when I was about your daughter's age. My form of cancer wasn't as bad but I was in and out of the hospital for a year with surgeries and treatment. Kids are resilient, tough and awesome.

For a fellow Defiance player I am not in Austin but for anyone that is I'll through in an incentive in there for you. I'll donate a legendary to anyone on PC/NA that buys a ticket for your event.

3rdpig
10-20-2014, 06:42 PM
I wasn't going to bother this year, but now...well, I'll be there.

Stay strong nofreemilk, I've been through it with family members, but it must be specially difficult with a child. I don't know if it means anything to you, but I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Nofreemilk
10-20-2014, 07:07 PM
I wasn't going to bother this year, but now...well, I'll be there.

Stay strong nofreemilk, I've been through it with family members, but it must be specially difficult with a child. I don't know if it means anything to you, but I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Thank you, it means a lot. All these charities do make a difference too whether it be cancer research or just supporting the families. I know sometimes you. When you support them you can look at the smile on the face of a child like mine and know that you helped put that smile there.

Nofreemilk
10-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better. I went through a similar thing when I was about your daughter's age. My form of cancer wasn't as bad but I was in and out of the hospital for a year with surgeries and treatment. Kids are resilient, tough and awesome.

For a fellow Defiance player I am not in Austin but for anyone that is I'll through in an incentive in there for you. I'll donate a legendary to anyone on PC/NA that buys a ticket for your event.

Yeah it was a heartbreaking moment last month when I realized I had lost count of how many spinal taps she has had. I don't know if anything on my guy is worth much anymore but I got a few legendaries. If anybody comes to the benefit come talk to me and tell me your account name, I'd be happy to donate something as well. Is scrip still worth something? I got a few million of that too I think.

Thal
10-21-2014, 05:59 AM

This is why I do Extra Life not for goodies...not for the bragging rights...but for Genevieve and every other child inflicted with these illnesses or injuries.
NoFreeMilk, Stay strong brother and know we are rooting for your little one and will have her on our minds this weekend.

Nofreemilk
10-21-2014, 06:29 AM
This is why I do Extra Life not for goodies...not for the bragging rights...but for Genevieve and every other child inflicted with these illnesses or injuries.
NoFreeMilk, Stay strong brother and know we are rooting for your little one and will have her on our minds this weekend.

Thank you Thal. Good people.

Johnny Gatt
10-21-2014, 11:03 AM
I am doing my second year for Exta Life. Last year it seemed like just another day off playing defiance. This year is a little more personal because a regular customer at my store has a nephew that is undergoing the same treatments. When I was five years old, I was playing with toy dinosaurs and learning to ride a bike. These kids are fighting for their life.... so please people, sign up for Extra Life and help raise money to help these kids and their families.

Johnny Gatt PS3/NA

Sword
10-21-2014, 11:07 AM
We'll defeat cancer soon...It won't win!.

Z0mb13
10-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Thank you, it means a lot. All these charities do make a difference too whether it be cancer research or just supporting the families. I know sometimes you. When you support them you can look at the smile on the face of a child like mine and know that you helped put that smile there.

I'm honored to help, in all honestly every October while my family is getting ready for Halloween I'm getting ready for Extra-Life (I'm 42 now it takes awhile to work up the stamina every year!).

I'd love to see one of those smiles someday, but until then, I'm happy knowing that I'm able to make a difference each year just by gathering together with like minded individuals for an incredible cause. It's people like you, your family, and your stories that keep me coming back, and, until we live in a word where Children don't have to face all of these scary things, I'll be back, year after year after year after year.

Nofreemilk
10-21-2014, 06:50 PM
You all are awesome. I wish I could buy you all a drink.

Atticus Batman
10-21-2014, 08:22 PM
You all are awesome. I wish I could buy you all a drink.

I'll take a rum and coke, a bee's kiss (http://www.chow.com/recipes/10026-bees-kiss), or just about any rum drink. Thank you. Btw you are welcome. Since you can't get me the drink since we are in different locations, just hug your daughter and keep being a kind and caring parent. :)

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/batman-long-halloween/4-1.jpg

blackgut
10-22-2014, 04:30 PM
the 13th dragoon will be running and gunning again on the 360 this year to show our support for extra life keep fighting and never give in

CM Kiwibird
10-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey folks, are you excited? It's coming soon!

http://i.imgur.com/AW8dDKy.gif

I'm excited! Make sure to tune in to our stream, I'll be there with a lot of other Trion Worlds folks!

Nofreemilk
10-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Another big thank you to all the Extra Life players and Trion staff. Thanks for the goodies Kiwibird, and it was great to put a face to the large heart. Genevieve is already playing with the hellbugs in her own special way.

If any Defiance players make it out to the fundraiser on Sunday come see me and I have a few Defiant Few/Archeage/etc. tshirts to give you.

CM Kiwibird
10-24-2014, 07:11 PM
It was so very nice to meet you, Nofreemilk! Thank you so much for the picture from Genevieve, and I'm glad she's enjoying the Hellbugs! I took that picture and the poster around the office, showed everyone. :o They loved it!

Dixie Cougar
10-25-2014, 01:25 AM
I remember you nofreemilk. My wife and I wish your family the best of luck.

Z0mb13
10-25-2014, 07:59 AM
It was so very nice to meet you, Nofreemilk! Thank you so much for the picture from Genevieve, and I'm glad she's enjoying the Hellbugs! I took that picture and the poster around the office, showed everyone. :o They loved it!

OUR COMMUNITY TEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

You really are incredible, what a way to represent defiance!! I'm going to go make a donation to Kiwi right now and I'd encourage others to do the same!!!

Z0mb13
10-25-2014, 08:02 AM
OUR COMMUNITY TEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

You really are incredible, what a way to represent defiance!! I'm going to go make a donation to Kiwi right now and I'd encourage others to do the same!!!

And even more awesome is that they've given us hellbugs, golden skitterling ones, so

GET SOME

/cheers!