PDA

View Full Version : Pay 2 Pursuit

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Is there any discussion for maybe paying bits or just straight up cash for ego rating? There is alot of pursuits that are annoying that you really have to go out of your way to do.

My idea was to charge 10c per ego level? So for instance if the pursuit gave you 15 levels. You could auto complete it for $1.50.

But to make this option a little less notable, you wouldnt get the rewards for actually completing it. For instance, the outfit or keycodes it would normally reward. Or you could pay extra and get that too.

Keep in mind the numbers provided were just for example. Not what I think is fair or right.

For those saying P2W. Your level doesnt signify that your winning. And the way i have proposed it would make it hard to take advantage of. It would clost 10$ to go up 100 levels. Or 1000 to 100$ Not many have that kind of monet to throw around to superlevel to 5k. You could even put a cap to 5 bought pursuits per character. Or a certain amount of levels. Pay to win is where you can buy something that makes you better than players who dont pay for that. Which isnt true now, or would be if this idea was implemented. Right now, the best weapons in PvP and PvE are weapons thay dont require DLC or money. (TN Boomer, Cankers, Sluggers, Surge bolter) just to name a few.

PTR47
10-22-2014, 12:09 AM
No to Pay-To-Win. It's P2W enough as it is. You're actually asking for exactly pay-to-win.

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 12:16 AM
How? Ego rating has nothing to do with winning? If by winning your refering to PvP, than your auto scaled to 4750 anyways? Pay-to-win is when you can pay money and get considerably better gear than other players. Which isnt defiance at all.

Wilhelm Keitel
10-22-2014, 12:18 AM
How about they Just fix the bugs the bad code the lag all the issues that make doing the pursuits impossible and or plain broken.
Oh there is a concept fix the game so it is WAI not make it P2W.

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 12:19 AM
What is your guys definition of P2W? Im curious.

PTR47
10-22-2014, 12:23 AM
How? Ego rating has nothing to do with winning? If by winning your refering to PvP, than your auto scaled to 4750 anyways? Pay-to-win is when you can pay money and get considerably better gear than other players. Which isnt defiance at all.

The only goal is EGO. Rewards will come and go. EGO is the end-game. It's all that matters.

You're saying "pursuits are hard, can I just pay to win?"

It doesn't get more pay to win than that.

crazyged
10-22-2014, 12:25 AM
Eeesh, if you could buy ego, there would be a ton of 5K'ers running around with green weapons and not a clue about what they're doing.

Earn it the hard way, like we all had to do!

...although it's way too easy to level up as it is...

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Your not winning anything though?
To put my idea into perspective it would be 10$ for 100 ego. Nobody will abuse it at that cost, but those stuck at 5800 with some rediculous pursuits left are willing to spend $1.50. Rather than grinding those last pursuits.

Nobody is going to spend 300$ JUST to ego up 3,000, and then another $50-100 to ego your weapons.

Pay to win is when you can become considerably better than those who dont pay. Which wouldnt be tje case at all. Seeing that ego doesnt matter, the gear you have equipped does.

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 12:36 AM
Though i do respect your opinion. I disagree that being able to pay for a few ego levels would make the game pay to win. Im not on forums to make enemies. Thanks for feedback so far.

crazyged
10-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Though i do respect your opinion. I disagree that being able to pay for a few ego levels would make the game pay to win. Im not on forums to make enemies. Thanks for feedback so far.

Don't worry, not trying to be antagonistic. :)

Thing is, I'm already seeing evidence of people leveling too quickly, particularly in expert co-ops. I spend half the time reviving players who are in over their heads and that really shouldn't happen at that ego.

Trust me, a bit of hard work will make you a better player. It's not all about the high ego - experience counts for a lot.

I have a 700 Ego character on NA that is actually surviving and winning expert co-ops - makes the game more fun when you can drop a few jaws. :D

PTR47
10-22-2014, 12:45 AM
I hope Trion reads this thread.

EGO should matter. It is the point. I am slogging through, like 20 ego a week at this point. When you get there, you'll see my point.

crazyged
10-22-2014, 12:49 AM
I hope Trion reads this thread.

EGO should matter. It is the point. I am slogging through, like 20 ego a week at this point. When you get there, you'll see my point.

You can level up a lot quicker than that. Major arkfalls and incursions will bump you up a level or two at a time. I leveled my NA character around 500 ego in a weekend.

And don't be scared of high threat levels - just means you go up even quicker.

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 12:56 AM
I am a high ego, i had a 5k that i deleted after quitting a few months after game was out. Im back up to 4800 on my toon. I can still level, but i dont enjoy grinding a few levels a day because some of these pursuits are crazy. Believe me i know the leveling struggle lol

JadedSinn
10-22-2014, 01:08 AM
lets face it. trion may be out to make money. but this is never going to happen. EVER, trion knows that by makeing the one thing in there game that every one has to truly work at something that can be bought it wont only get abused it will get over abused.

a person can knock out 100 ego levels a day. to 500 ego levels a day depending on 3 simple things

1 : Events there doing

2 : play style

3 : skill

this game is a simple DPS race. ANY bet will tell you the more damage you can do in the shortest ammount of time. you are better off. this also equates into alowing you to speed level your self just by doing the same thing over and over agine.

someone with skill and knows people can take that level 500 toon or 1000 toon into a high threat level area with others and make little over 230K + xp in every event thy deside to do. this can be acheved by being in a clan or haveing a high ego group of friends.

what you are also requesting is thy make it so you can just pay off a persute that you dont like. no one likes doing the PVP ones exsept for PVP fans. so what. its not like you have to have max ego right away to day at this moment to play this game. iv barly scrached the top of any of the PVP ego persuites and im allready over 5k

if people are grinding out to make that top max ego that thy want. or the cap. then ya i can see persuites as being a problum. but with the right practice and enough trys anyone can do them. how else do you think so many people made gold in the races. thy kept trying.

what you want is a quick fix. you dont like something in the game so you want it mae easyer so you dont have to put in the work that every one else did. i even recant back when i made a statment on another post like this about how you should never stop gaining XP till you reach cap. well i dont agree with that even anymore.

i feel everyone that plays this game. be them a vet. be them a F2P or be them a noob. needs to earn there ego just like every one else is.

there is no easy button. if you want that. go to office max. and this is not burger king you can not have it your way.

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 01:12 AM
I said it once and ill say it again. Nobody will abuse it at 10$ per 100 ego. I powerleveled with my 3x damage top notch boomer from 500 to 1500 in a day before rewards nerf. About 3 levels per major, 3 levels per zone & 1 per minor. But xp is definately not the problem. Its once your at your cap and the only way to level is to spend a day or two gaining 15 points. And yes it does get to that point.

JadedSinn
10-22-2014, 01:23 AM
and like i said. its not going to happen. trions not stupid. if thy implamented something like this every single hard core player of this game would rage quit in less then 15 mins of the announcement.

when a game goes P2W it dies. and it dies hard.

its a bad idea. it wont come into the game. and the only people that want something like this. are the people who seek to easy button there entire gameing life.

jek ill come out and say it. anyone that saports a P2W idea . thy just want a hand out.

there eather that lazy that thy cant sit there and play a few simple PVP matches. maybe even just 3 a day. or even one a day. that thy would rather buy there way out of it insted of earning it !

it shows just how low some gamers will go to make things as easy as thy can. and this comes from a person that mods minecraft with the TMI mod so i can make the weapons and armour i want so i dont die all the time. i admit to my lazyness. but even i have the gall to admit when that lazyness is not enough to stop me from doing something as simple as siting on a hill with a sniper shooting at raiders. trying to kill some inosint miners. or hopeing on a ATV and flooring it though a few rings to beat that best time. that i got the last time i did them.

or even going into PVP and geting shot at and killed over and over agine. and still comeing out with a 7/5 kill death score.

stuff in this game is not hard. as a matter of simple fact. its hella easy. and with so many persuites out there. no one has to do all of them to reach 5k lettalone 5500 k and with the new aftermath patch comeing soon.

people can make another more persuites without haveing to do any of the ones perople hate.

what it boils down to is level of lazyness.

payin to win. in any game. is lazy. overly lazy. top of lazy. thats why i stoped playing alot of games. when u have to buy the best gear from the games cash shop. and cant win them of find them or loot them. or you can buy levels its just down right descusting and lazy.

anyway. im ending my posts in this topic now. im sick to my stumic now that i have seen how low and lazy people can be in defiance. and i think just for kicks. im going to go to bed for now.

jesseisabeastt
10-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Pretty rude post. Wont even dignify that with a response. Your opinion, I respect that. Thanks for reply.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-22-2014, 02:11 AM
lets face it. trion may be out to make money. but this is never going to happen. EVER, trion knows that by makeing the one thing in there game that every one has to truly work at something that can be bought it wont only get abused it will get over abused.

a person can knock out 100 ego levels a day. to 500 ego levels a day depending on 3 simple things

1 : Events there doing

2 : play style

3 : skill

this game is a simple DPS race. ANY bet will tell you the more damage you can do in the shortest ammount of time. you are better off. this also equates into alowing you to speed level your self just by doing the same thing over and over agine.

someone with skill and knows people can take that level 500 toon or 1000 toon into a high threat level area with others and make little over 230K + xp in every event thy deside to do. this can be acheved by being in a clan or haveing a high ego group of friends.

what you are also requesting is thy make it so you can just pay off a persute that you dont like. no one likes doing the PVP ones exsept for PVP fans. so what. its not like you have to have max ego right away to day at this moment to play this game. iv barly scrached the top of any of the PVP ego persuites and im allready over 5k

if people are grinding out to make that top max ego that thy want. or the cap. then ya i can see persuites as being a problum. but with the right practice and enough trys anyone can do them. how else do you think so many people made gold in the races. thy kept trying.

what you want is a quick fix. you dont like something in the game so you want it mae easyer so you dont have to put in the work that every one else did. i even recant back when i made a statment on another post like this about how you should never stop gaining XP till you reach cap. well i dont agree with that even anymore.

i feel everyone that plays this game. be them a vet. be them a F2P or be them a noob. needs to earn there ego just like every one else is.

there is no easy button. if you want that. go to office max. and this is not burger king you can not have it your way.

and there you have it , mmm burger king

stefb42
10-22-2014, 04:34 AM
If ego doesn't make a difference, then what difference does it make if you're max ego or not, they're called pursuits for a reason, reason being that they are to be pursued, not bought,

If you can't be bothered doing some, or they're too hard/grindy for you then you don't deserve max ego as you didn't earn it, personally for me it's pretty much weapon skills that are holding me back from max ego (cant stand infectors bmgs or snipers) but id never pay to have them checked off as I wouldn't have earned them

Max ego means you took the time to do it all, well most of it, including the stuff you hate, the stuff that was hard, the stuff that was a grind etc, if you don't do those you don't deserve the prestige of being max ego, as it is max ego shows the time,skill and determination a player has put into their character as you don't get 5900 without making the effort

So I hope what you suggest is never implemented, or it'll just be another kick in the teeth for the players who took the time and effort to actually play the game

WhiteKnight019
10-22-2014, 05:03 AM
Not many have that kind of monet to throw around

I would never throw a Monet around. Those are some great works of art! Besides, who has Monets to just throw around in the first place.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Claude_Monet_La_Grenouill%C3%A9re.jpg

Art joke anybody?

crazyged
10-22-2014, 05:07 AM
Yup, I haven't reached max ego yet - close, but still got some pvp to do.

I suck at pvp, but I'm sure as hell going to do it!

I'm at a comfortable level at the moment, so there's no rush...

crazyged
10-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Art joke anybody?

Our next unicorn weapon can be a paint spatula - Impressionist Synergy :D

WhiteKnight019
10-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Our next unicorn weapon can be a paint spatula - Impressionist Synergy :D

lol that left me with quite the Impression that you are a learned person of the world. Maybe our next melee weapon can be a paint brush that we can use to paint paradise red the next time we are out on the town.

Darksoul1978
10-22-2014, 08:02 AM
I am a high ego, i had a 5k that i deleted after quitting a few months after game was out. Im back up to 4800 on my toon. I can still level, but i dont enjoy grinding a few levels a day because some of these pursuits are crazy. Believe me i know the leveling struggle lol

I think if your idea was implemented in a controlled manner like say it isn't available till EGO 5k that would be ideal. that way it isn't P2W and the welfare cases won't cry about how they gotta spend a few bucks to support the game they claim to love sooooooo much. If the game was not so broken then I might even consider buying my last 10 pursuits just to get them off the screen.

Lubber
10-22-2014, 08:08 AM
There is nothing to do in the game when you are EGO 5900, all quests done and all pursuits completed. So why anyone would want it?
And if you try to be clever and answer "to have fun of gameplay", than my question is: "What stops you to get fun of gameplay NOW?". EGO 5000 is enough for all endgame content. There is no ANY reason to push your EGO further.

PTR47
10-22-2014, 09:41 AM
You can level up a lot quicker than that. Major arkfalls and incursions will bump you up a level or two at a time. I leveled my NA character around 500 ego in a weekend.

Not at 5600 you can't. This is the point where you finish the time trials, do 50 hours of PvP, complete 200 grid arkfalls, etc.

Midnight
10-22-2014, 09:50 AM
There is nothing to do in the game when you are EGO 5900, all quests done and all pursuits completed. So why anyone would want it?
And if you try to be clever and answer "to have fun of gameplay", than my question is: "What stops you to get fun of gameplay NOW?". EGO 5000 is enough for all endgame content. There is no ANY reason to push your EGO further.

Also, I have read that there is no real appreciable difference after 5500 for weapons and shields. I hope that's the case because I have maxed out my exp and only have a few weapon levels to get and am sitting at 5511. Still can do PVP, but I prefer to spend my time trying to get better weapons and shields.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 10:14 AM
55xx is the max for benefits of weapons and shields right now. This being Trion though, that will likely change at any moment. It is what it is.

As for "buying" EGO. Why? Because a select few don't want to slog through the pursuits that they deem "too grindy, too hard, too boring?"

I claimed for nearly a year and a half that I would never see the level cap because I would NEVER do pvp, max certain skill levels, or get gold in all the damned races. I'm sitting at 57xx because I changed my mind.

I slogged through leveling up bug guns and bmg's before the patch that made it doable in a few arkfalls. 3 weeks each to level those things! And clan mates told me that it took them even longer before that.

I started doing PvP. I sucked. But, ya know what? The more I played it, the better I got. using weapons out of my play style was refreshing and I started seeing my EGO going up again.

Sure. Some ppl won't take the same route I did. Those ppl shouldn't be the same level as I am. Either play the game as it's intended to be played or don't. The decision is yours. But, don't ask to be able to buy your way to the top. That isn't the way the game was meant to be played.

crazyged
10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
But don't stress too much - there's a whole bunch of ego coming with Aftermath that will bump everyone up a good chunk.

Some of it's grindy, but it's not time trials or pvp.

Tex_Arcana
10-22-2014, 12:04 PM
I would never throw a Monet around. Those are some great works of art! Besides, who has Monets to just throw around in the first place.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Claude_Monet_La_Grenouill%C3%A9re.jpg

Art joke anybody?
http://www.jigzone.com/p/jz/jz1/The_Scream.jpg
In any case: Pay to Win is exactly what the OP is proposing.
And in this day and age of people OVER spending to play online games: I am dead set against it.
At $10/100 ego: You know that all the addicts, and kids with access to a parents credit account will throw "bad money" at companies who allow that kind of spending.

J8 Sky
10-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Also, I have read that there is no real appreciable difference after 5500 for weapons and shields. I hope that's the case because I have maxed out my exp and only have a few weapon levels to get and am sitting at 5511. Still can do PVP, but I prefer to spend my time trying to get better weapons and shields.

After Ego 5500+ on an weapon, any upgrade per 100 ego is about 0.002 - 0.003 % damage. so by maxing out the ego level of the weapon to 5800+ will get you close to 1% boost, depending on weapon. But is the % worth the AF, that is just a matter of opinion.

but unsure what will happen if they raise the ego cap.

Fun01
10-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Just to add to the Thread, Yes I have another post for the same Ideal. =)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171791-New-Bits-Store-Idea-Bits-for-Pursuits-Completion

It seems most of players is against this, due to they think if this was allow their achievement of completing pursuit was no longer fulfill. Image, they spend 50 hours completed a pursuit, then it turn out to be only worth $1.50...This is like 5 min working in McDonald...lol...how sad.

BJWyler
10-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Interesting topic. Personally speaking, I am not against players paying for the opportunity to create a max level character in a game. However, Defiance is a little different than the typical MMO in which the desire for this is presumably to play the "end game" experience or PvP.

There is more to the EGO level than just representing the "experience level" of your character. In truth, EGO is not really representative of a character level as we think of the term. It takes more than just gaining XP to raise the EGO (and the XP in and of itself is more than just the typical XP of other MMOs since XP is really just the means to unlocking the skills in the EGO grid). EGO also encompasses the completion of pursuits - which is a hefty bulk of the points that you get.

You can equate the pursuits with the achievement system that many games implement. It is an extra goal to ... achieve ... while playing the main part of the game. As such, I simply don't see the support there to enable buying EGO levels. It just doesn't make sense since part of the EGO represents the achievements you completed, and the only way that one should complete those achievements is by actually ... completing the requirements for those achievements.

JadedSinn
10-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Interesting topic. Personally speaking, I am not against players paying for the opportunity to create a max level character in a game. However, Defiance is a little different than the typical MMO in which the desire for this is presumably to play the "end game" experience or PvP.

There is more to the EGO level than just representing the "experience level" of your character. In truth, EGO is not really representative of a character level as we think of the term. It takes more than just gaining XP to raise the EGO (and the XP in and of itself is more than just the typical XP of other MMOs since XP is really just the means to unlocking the skills in the EGO grid). EGO also encompasses the completion of pursuits - which is a hefty bulk of the points that you get.

You can equate the pursuits with the achievement system that many games implement. It is an extra goal to ... achieve ... while playing the main part of the game. As such, I simply don't see the support there to enable buying EGO levels. It just doesn't make sense since part of the EGO represents the achievements you completed, and the only way that one should complete those achievements is by actually ... completing the requirements for those achievements.

that last line right there is all true.

the ego levels are achevments. goals that are set to be broken. that is why this idea from the OP will never come into play in this game.

you are ment to earn your achevments. not buy them. like i said in earlyer post on here.

people just want an easy button becuse there to lazy to do the work.

your sapost to play to gain to win to have and to acheve goals. not to buy everything and get hand outs.