PDA

View Full Version : Quick question in regards to weapon leveling.

thedude23320
10-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Do you gain more weapon experience(towards weapon type) when the weapon is mastered, or on the mastering endeavor? Thanks for any info resolving this inquiry.

Eddie Murphy (thedude23320)
*Insomniac Hunters*

thedude23320
10-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Or possibly the same?

PiccolaRivolta
10-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Same "experience" when it's mastered.

It's actually the damaged dealt. For example, a smg with higher DPS can be mastered faster than a smg with low dps (e.g FRC Nomad SMG) of the same ego rating.

thedude23320
10-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Awesome, that is the answer I was searching for. Thanks

Lubber
10-22-2014, 08:48 AM
It's actually the damaged dealt. For example, a smg with higher DPS can be mastered faster than a smg with low dps (e.g FRC Nomad SMG) of the same ego rating.

I've always thought of mastering the weapon, that mastery points equals damage dealt. So it is obvious, that low DPS weapon takes longer to master.
As for the OP question:
Taking that there is no chance players can see "weapon skill" bar in numbers, there is no chance anyone other than devs know the answer, but taking my experience - there is no relation between points gained for skill bar and the mastery state of the weapon that is used to gain it.

Z0mb13
10-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Same "experience" when it's mastered.

Unless something has changed I don't believe that is correct. Weapon XP (mastery) points are not gained through damage but through hits. Thus very high ROF weapons are easily master-able in half an hour (or less), while sawed off shotguns take the longest (and will take even longer with the change to preparedness).

Tex_Arcana
10-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Unless something has changed I don't believe that is correct. Weapon XP (mastery) points are not gained through damage but through hits. Thus very high ROF weapons are easily master-able in half an hour (or less), while sawed off shotguns take the longest (and will take even longer with the change to preparedness).
I've found sawed-off to be easy with a Courier...

Z0mb13
10-22-2014, 12:35 PM
I've found sawed-off to be easy with a Courier...

Agreed but it's even easier with two couriers and preparedness.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Agreed but it's even easier with two couriers and preparedness.Won't be...just sayin'.

Tex_Arcana
10-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Won't be...just sayin'.
Honestly, Any changes to preparedness would not have effected me in any case: I'm still new to the game and figuring out mechanics.
I lucked out and had a OJ 2200 ego Courier drop to my main. Then I just went to Kenn Farm/China Town/Bolinas and spammed the damned thing (as well as using it for quests).
I spent a little Arkforge to keep it levelled until 2600, and BOOM: level 20 Sawed off.
An alt had a series of blues/purples drop to him from ego 1800 to 2100; Didn't need to spend Arkforge and he's already level 12...
I would advise anyone who wants to level sawed-offs while running up the ego tree to watch for Blue/Purple/Orange Couriers and spam the hell out of them: They don't run out of ammo because of their fire rate; and while it's not considered "explosive" damage (from what I have been told): They have an AOE which helps them do more damage...

Snowclan
10-22-2014, 01:48 PM
I am pretty near certain that mastering weapons is based on damage done and not on number of hits. I am at ego 5600. I took a Jackpot Wildcat to a Kenn Farm incursion to work on getting a good mastery bonus.

It would only take 4-5 crit shots to fully Master the gun. I was able to reset and master the gun multiple times during the same incursion.

Amack
10-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Yep, it is damage done. If you use the green power + overcharge at a DM Major you can master weapons and level skills super fast.