PDA

View Full Version : Using BMG in Volge Seige

Genuine
10-22-2014, 11:22 AM
I dont really appreciate ppl using bmg in siege, tho they are healing me because they are blinding me making me died more often.
I can survive thru stage 9 without dying but not with bmg user blinding me all the time.
Beside that, I dont really see how bmg can kill volge faster but making the server laggy.

I dont know is it just me being mean or some1 else feeling the same thing.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 11:30 AM
They aren't using them to "kill volge faster" They are using them for a couple other reasons.

1. They are maximizing their teamwork, opportunistic and heal pts.

2. They are leveling BMG's. This is done very quickly now unlike the good ol' days of Defiance.

AllGamer
10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
50 / 50

BMG users can level up their BMG faster if they actually use it to attack instead of healing people

When healing people we get blinded by the stupid shield bubble that blocks the view, and prevent you from aiming at your target

BMG users will get more Scripts / Team / Kill Assist work bonus just by electrocuting anything that moves, at least that way we can see what we are shooting at, and you get your kill assist faster to level up your BMG mastery to lvl 20

Tex_Arcana
10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
50 / 50

BMG users can level up their BMG faster if they actually use it to attack instead of healing people

When healing people we get blinded by the stupid shield bubble that blocks the view, and prevent you from aiming at your target

BMG users will get more Scripts / Team / Kill Assist work bonus just by electrocuting anything that moves, at least that way we can see what we are shooting at, and you get your kill assist faster to level up your BMG mastery to lvl 20
Yup. Would rather see the Volge shields being stripped away than ANYTHING else. And electrical does this better than anything...

SirServed
10-22-2014, 12:15 PM
The problem: You are destroying Volge so fast that you aren't taking damage. BMG user A walks up and starts healing you in the face with it, even though your health/shield is full. People do it in co-ops also, they wait until combat is done then take out a BMG and tag people at full health/shields with it, only succeeding in wasting time.

I'd much more prefer someone use it to electrocute things for that little damage than to be a bad healer at best with the alternate fire mode.

Baines
10-22-2014, 03:13 PM
The problem: You are destroying Volge so fast that you aren't taking damage. BMG user A walks up and starts healing you in the face with it, even though your health/shield is full. People do it in co-ops also, they wait until combat is done then take out a BMG and tag people at full health/shields with it, only succeeding in wasting time.

During a Siege, it feels like there isn't a middle ground where external healing is useful. Either you take damage slowly enough that external healing isn't a major aid (while yielding the negatives of lower screen visibility and the group dealing overall less damage to enemies), or you take damage fast enough that external healing isn't going to save you. Making things more complicated is that the damage you receive fluctuates as enemies arrive and die, as waves progress, as threat level increases, and as you draw or lose attention.

I'm sure there are points where the sweet spot of healing is met, but difficulty ranges wildly enough that the odds are against hitting that sweet spot, much less staying there. If it is hit for one player, it probably won't be hit for all. And even if it is hit, the player receiving healing might not realize how much the BMG healer is helping.

SirServed
10-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Depending on the play style, this is true. In my case, I simply DARE the enemies to break my shield. I gain a 10% increase to Fire Rate on shield break to own them harder. People with BMGs ruin that for me. During WM I use a Rhino Bullseye (5% crit increase on shield break), BMG users ruin this shield perk.

CrazyPants
10-22-2014, 05:28 PM
There is some weapon fire that should only be seen client side, BMG is one of them.

KingNephilim
10-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I dunno, I always just considered BMG users as the hippies of defiance... spreading free love & healing while everyone else does the real job of killing the mobs. More of a minor nuisance than an actual problem.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 05:37 PM
I dunno, I always just considered BMG users as the hippies of defiance... spreading free love & healing while everyone else does the real job of killing the mobs. More of a minor nuisance than an actual problem.Beautiful! I thought this a long time ago. Glad to see I'm not the only one! LOL

JadedSinn
10-22-2014, 05:57 PM
bmg users are after 3 things

1. score

2 annoying others.

3 trolling

the top one is the main one but the last 2 are offten seen by a few

i use bmgs for attacking becuse i have one set up for it. sure it dosent do that much damage but you know what in the end my score is alot higher then it would be if i was useing only my SMG over all its so i can suplament my own score insted of other peoples.

but then agine i dont use it for healing so. im not trying to effect others as i wouldnt not want to be effected. after all. even i hate that dang bubble of doom . witch form e appears more offten or not as clear due to system being funny like that. strange how a simple bug can make a hated gun so so easy to not be botered with.

edit : i also only use them in 5 places.arkfalls (( hellbug )) seagies. and incersions. and the invasions. and when im soloing any other time this thing stays in my backpack

edit 2: also be perpared to see an increase of them when the halloween event appears and is active on the 29th. i see an increase of worms and crawlers as well at that time.

J8 Sky
10-22-2014, 07:12 PM
More of a minor nuisance than an actual problem.

Yes, in normal cases it's just a nuisance.
In most life or death situations, the "shield" BMG actually kills me, because i can't see where the outrageous amount of enemy bombs are dropping.

Beathrus
10-22-2014, 07:21 PM
I use BMGs! And you have something wrong, the worse BMG, is the shield spanner, it gives you the horrible shield. And Yes, using it to heal sometimes is bad, but what you don't understand. Is some use it just to attack, But the Spanner Trapper slows enemies when used to attack. My Spanner Trapper can link to 2 other enemies and I -wish- it had electric, since I only use it to take down shields before switching to something that hits harder, like a shot gun. Its a great set up for solo play, but have to avoid healing others most of the time, you know, because of blinding blue light. o.o

poohtoe
10-23-2014, 05:56 AM
I dunno, I always just considered BMG users as the hippies of defiance... spreading free love & healing while everyone else does the real job of killing the mobs. More of a minor nuisance than an actual problem.

Well said, free heals even when you don't need them or want them

Fubashi
10-23-2014, 06:35 AM
The only time it bugs me is when the bubble comes up, that is quite annoying - especially when it is night in-game. Now that I have my BMG lvl to 20 I use a Stingray (or sometimes a Weaver) mainly for Grid and some afflicted incursions. A BMG eats the Grid pretty quickly, especially solo. I never have healed much though.

stefb42
10-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Love the assumptions made about bmg use in the game, I got abuse for trying to farm score while blinding everyone else, but that isn't necessarily the case

While doing major bosses, you'll quickly find out when you're doing major dmg to a boss or big enemy it is going to come after you, and it will wipe you out in a couple of hits, that's why I use the bmg, because the penalties for going down are pretty steep, I'm not healing you, I'm healing myself, the fact others are being healed is a consequence of me healing myself, part of the games mechanics, not my fault

Rouge Assasin
10-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Just stay away from the bmg users...... Problem "partially" solved. I avoid them like the plague...

KingNephilim
10-23-2014, 07:25 PM
While doing major bosses, you'll quickly find out when you're doing major dmg to a boss or big enemy it is going to come after you, and it will wipe you out in a couple of hits, that's why I use the bmg, because the penalties for going down are pretty steep, I'm not healing you, I'm healing myself, the fact others are being healed is a consequence of me healing myself, part of the games mechanics, not my fault

If what you say is true, is it not logical to go to the far end of the battlefield, away from both the players & the mobs? That way there's no chance of you getting hit & the boss would never become aggro towards you because you're not "doing major dmg". You still get to farm score, there's minimal risk of "going down" & no one gets annoyed at you... to me it seems like the perfect strategy.

Instead, all of the bmg users I see are always in the middle of the crowd or literally making laps around the other players, streaming wavy blue lights behind them like a rhythmic ribbon gymnists.

J8 Sky
10-23-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm not healing you, I'm healing myself, the fact others are being healed is a consequence of me healing myself, part of the games mechanics, not my fault

IMO, This is partly a mistake of game mechanics. example the Tele spanner, at default it said the weapon does not "link". so when attacking it only hits "one" target, this is true. but for healing this is false, since it heals the user (target 1) if it heals the other players (target 2) it's already "linking".

SirServed
10-23-2014, 10:15 PM
IMO, This is partly a mistake of game mechanics. example the Tele spanner, at default it said the weapon does not "link". so when attacking it only hits "one" target, this is true. but for healing this is false, since it heals the user (target 1) if it heals the other players (target 2) it's already "linking".
Unless it rolls the +2 Links Legendary roll, it will only heal the wielder or a nearby player, not both.

stefb42
10-24-2014, 03:11 AM
If what you say is true, is it not logical to go to the far end of the battlefield, away from both the players & the mobs? That way there's no chance of you getting hit & the boss would never become aggro towards you because you're not "doing major dmg". You still get to farm score, there's minimal risk of "going down" & no one gets annoyed at you... to me it seems like the perfect strategy.

Instead, all of the bmg users I see are always in the middle of the crowd or literally making laps around the other players, streaming wavy blue lights behind them like a rhythmic ribbon gymnists.

Then I become the other guy people hate, the one that hangs at the side of an event, increasing the threat level and leeching off others

Xbox eu is pretty dead atm, averaging around 7 players per event, and most are usually low ego, so when I turn up it gets turned into a TL 10, at TL10 if I don't attack the boss then it wont die, I make it 10 so my participation is absolutely required to be successful, the difference between TL6/7 and TL10 is enormous, especially for lower levels.

Lubber
10-24-2014, 04:27 AM
There is some weapon fire that should only be seen client side, BMG is one of them.
Agree with this one. It would solve the case.
After raising BMGs skill to 20 the only case I use it - for the daily solo run at Thorn arenas. I am ashamed to use it publicly, you know.:o
Though I see the reason to use it at events with big groups of lesser enemies, e.g. scrapper and hellbugs arkfalls and at afflicted incursions, I see it less effective against volge.

crasher
10-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Then I become the other guy people hate, the one that hangs at the side of an event, increasing the threat level and leeching off others

Xbox eu is pretty dead atm, averaging around 7 players per event, and most are usually low ego, so when I turn up it gets turned into a TL 10, at TL10 if I don't attack the boss then it wont die, I make it 10 so my participation is absolutely required to be successful, the difference between TL6/7 and TL10 is enormous, especially for lower levels.
This generally doesn't apply in events such as sieges or A-falls, or larger gatherings where there are several/many other people there which already by definition has increased the threat level.

Your point only applies:
1.) In a regular emergency or action with few people, such a spontaneous fight or a coop map with 3 other players.
2.) If you stand there doing no damage.

If you're at least trying to pull your weight, I don't see it as an issue, assuming you're not something like an E-3000 in a starter area among several E-200 newbie players who are just trying to figure stuff out and stay alive.

stefb42
10-24-2014, 06:44 PM
But my point does apply, there's usually about 5-7 ppl at an a-fall on xbox eu atm, and yes its mostly <ego1000 players attending regardless of the area, even in san Fran, I'm over ego 5700 so am a walking threat level 6, so turning up at an event with 5or6 people at it, some at low ego really changes things, the low egos wont be doing much dmg to a TL10 so I have to attack the boss, which guarantees it will agro on me

Anyway its what I do to stay alive when a boss combos me, and will continue to be so, like I said I'm not healing you, I'm healing myself, don't like it? Get out the way, I don't constantly spam it, only when the boss targets me,

Just pointing out its not just people trolling for farming points that use them, sometimes people are healing themselves

Example someone in this post complained that in co-ops someone would pull out a bmg AFTER every enemy mob encounter and healed everyone causing lag, never stopped to think that maybe the guy was healing his self, and others being healed was consequential