PDA

View Full Version : What drops the VOT Needler?

Cryptic Effect
10-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Like the title says I am wonder what exactly drops the VOT Needler because I have never seen this weapon in the 4 months that I have been on this game?:confused:

crazyged
10-22-2014, 11:44 AM
I got mine in the Warmaster - haven't heard of it dropping anywhere else.

Cryptic Effect
10-22-2014, 11:47 AM
thanks for the response I have never seen one and the one time I killed that monkey I got 2 volge typhoon ars and a volge pistol.

Z0mb13
10-22-2014, 11:49 AM
thanks for the response I have never seen one and the one time I killed that monkey I got 2 volge typhoon ars and a volge pistol.

Welcome to the Warmaster! You'll need to kill him a lot (or be really lucky) to grab a needler.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the Warmaster! You'll need to kill him a lot (or be really lucky) to grab a needler.This is it.

The Vot Needler is an Arkbreak weapon that is dropped in Legendary rarity and lower from the Warmaster.

Epic rarity and lower can be won from minor arkbreaks.

You must own Arkbreaker DLC to use these weapons, however if you don't they will still occupy space in your inventory.

J8 Sky
10-22-2014, 11:56 AM
you can get the Needler even if you don't kill him. just need to participate in the warmaster fight. I have gotten Epic Needler's on fails before.

pls note that all "named" weapons has a low RNG compared to the volge weapons.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 11:57 AM
you can get the Needler even if you don't kill him. just need to participate in the warmaster fight. I have gotten Epic Needler's on fails before.

pls note that all "named" weapons has a low RNG compared to the volge weapons.Truth, with an exception. Only a Warmaster kill will spin chance of a Legendary.

thedude23320
10-22-2014, 03:14 PM
I've received 3 legendary ARs and one legendary LMG from the WM without even so much as breaking his armor.

WanWhiteWolf
10-22-2014, 03:39 PM
I've received 3 legendary ARs and one legendary LMG from the WM without even so much as breaking his armor.

I don't believe that's accurate. We've killed the WM about 20 times since the rewards nerf/HP boost + another 50-70 failed attempts . I've never seen anyone getting a legendary on a fail run. And if I remember correctly even if you beat him, the chance of a legendary is 6%.

Also, needler has fixed rolls (reload/mag/reload/stowed amo on kill). The only variables are the nano and synergy.Not sure about the OJ roll since I never got one in that form. On average one player in the group gets a needler every 2 WM wins. That's about a 5% chance drop. I got a single purple needler in all WM runs.

Good luck.

Infinity Eagle
10-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I don't believe that's accurate. We've killed the WM about 20 times since the rewards nerf/HP boost + another 50-70 failed attempts . I've never seen anyone getting a legendary on a fail run. And if I remember correctly even if you beat him, the chance of a legendary is 6%.

Also, needler has fixed rolls (reload/mag/reload/stowed amo on kill). The only variables are the nano and synergy.Not sure about the OJ roll since I never got one in that form. On average one player in the group gets a needler every 2 WM wins. That's about a 5% chance drop. I got a single purple needler in all WM runs.

Good luck.

Orange roll is Fire Rate

unheardof
10-22-2014, 04:11 PM
I have gotten needlers from wm, minor ark breaks, ark falls, minor ark falls, and enemy drops from incursions and ark falls though the enemy drops have mainly been common or uncommon

Psycroww
10-22-2014, 04:11 PM
I just got my first OJ needler earlier today. assassin/native rad from warmaster kill. have received purples on minors tho, all crap synergies

Snowclan
10-22-2014, 04:25 PM
If I understand it correctly, the Warmaster always drops three items per person. Two of those items come from a standard Volge loot table. The third comes from a Warmaster only table. With the first two items, the standard chance of getting items of whatever rarity applies, so you can indeed get a Legendary as one of those two items.

The third item, the one from the Warmaster only loot table, will not be a Legendary unless you actually kill the Warmaster.

So you can get Legendary Typhoons, Thunderer pistols, or the Volge LMGs without having to kill the Warmaster. You won't get a Legendary Zagger or Precise Chaos without dropping the big blue monkey.

WanWhiteWolf
10-22-2014, 04:37 PM
If I understand it correctly, the Warmaster always drops three items per person. Two of those items come from a standard Volge loot table. The third comes from a Warmaster only table. With the first two items, the standard chance of getting items of whatever rarity applies, so you can indeed get a Legendary as one of those two items.

The third item, the one from the Warmaster only loot table, will not be a Legendary unless you actually kill the Warmaster.

So you can get Legendary Typhoons, Thunderer pistols, or the Volge LMGs without having to kill the Warmaster. You won't get a Legendary Zagger or Precise Chaos without dropping the big blue monkey.

True...but most people go for WM for that last weapon. And if in the 50 failed runs (about 1000 rewards), there was no OJ weapon in the first 2 ones, imagine the odds of getting one (if any). Some people don't get the rewards screen and when they find OJ stuff later in their inventory they assume it was WM. But if they check the system chat, they can see when they got them. (2 people were already confused by that).

Orange roll is Fire Rate

So it seems. Didn't know if that is fixed as well.

http://i62.tinypic.com/30x8jtz.png

SirServed
10-22-2014, 04:58 PM
True.

This is true, but rarity upgrade allows you to skew the line. You can still technically get lucky with your loot roll on a loss (Green to Purple) with a Purple item and rarity upgrade it to Orange. Winning simply guarantees your DLC2 specific item is at worst a Purple, which you can rarity upgrade.

J8 Sky
10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
On average one player in the group gets a needler every 2 WM wins. That's about a 5% chance drop.

5% maybe already over stating the rate :D could be less than that .
but if taking that as the mark, that's only 0.3% chance to drop a OJ Needler. That's 1 out of 304 weapons, x10 synergy , x5 Nanos.

To get a OJ Needler w/Rad + Cannoneer drop from the WM is 1 out of 15200 !
TW sure is making this "fun" , it's a chase alright.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-22-2014, 05:43 PM
5% maybe already over stating the rate :D could be less than that .
but if taking that as the mark, that's only 0.3% chance to drop a OJ Needler. That's 1 out of 304 weapons, x10 synergy , x5 Nanos.

To get a OJ Needler w/Rad + Cannoneer drop from the WM is 1 out of 15200 !
TW sure is making this "fun" , it's a chase alright.It isn't that many weapons.

The 6% drop rate the devs refer to, is the chance that a WM will drop an dlc exclusive oj weapon upon defeating warmaster. There are only a handful of weapons in this scenario.

You can only receive an oj arkbreaker exclusive weapon by beating the WM. The Needler is one of those weapons.

*Edit*

You'll have to dig back in Etaews' archives. It's explained pretty clearly in one of the livestream transcripts.

SirServed
10-22-2014, 05:53 PM
It isn't that many weapons.

The 6% drop rate the devs refer to, is the chance that a WM will drop an dlc exclusive oj weapon upon defeating warmaster. There are only a handful of weapons in this scenario.

You can only receive an oj arkbreaker exclusive weapon by beating the WM. The Needler is one of those weapons.
They mean a Needler in general, not even an Orange one. Next to the 'Headshot' Custom Bolter (only comes in Legendary, so you HAVE to win to have a chance to get this), it appears the Needler has the lowest drop rate of all the weapons on WM's loot table. The main issue is that the items that say VOT Volge on them have higher chances to drop, win or not. To make matters worse, terrible players begged the devs to add the VOT Volge Battle Rifle to WM's loot table, so they did. Every time I get one of those after a win, I want to punch one of those people in the face, with a hammer.

EDIT: I'm all for limiting the instance to 24 people. The current WM encounter is a bad joke. They jam 80 people into the instance and zerg him with Automatic weapons.

Xaat Xuun
10-22-2014, 06:54 PM
I know this topic is about the needler, but you all have mention all possibe weapons from the WM , but one, the 'Headshot' Custom Bolter (http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=198)

SirServed
10-22-2014, 07:24 PM
See post above yours.

Xaat Xuun
10-22-2014, 11:42 PM
See post above yours.
How'd you do dat

okay, guess I have limited reading competence, read this topic twice so I wouldn't have any awkward moment like right now