PDA

View Full Version : About the server disconnects.

Andross
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Why can't trion altogether shut the servers down for a few hours and fix the problems. I hate getting disconnected during a time trial....

Roeh
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Why can't trion altogether shut the servers down for a few hours and fix the problems. I hate getting disconnected during a time trial....

lol idk but they are working on the issues and thats what matters. Diablo 3 and Simcity also had really hard launches.

Andross
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah i know, waiting for "days" for sim city lol.

Ichidakiller
04-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Sometimes these issues are not the servers themselves. You have to think people, Trion has an ISO like we all do although theirs is meant to handle this much traffic. When its all set up right things runs smooth one bug in the system and bam server goes on and offline all the time.
Not saying that is the case here. But no need to grab the pitch forks and mobilize a mob. "Trion server are crap, burn the building down" relax its the first week of an mmo. Their are going to be bugs, server outages and the dreaded rollback.

You think wow turned the servers on and everything ran smooth from then on. Nope trust me I was there since beta there was outages, 4-6hour rollbacks and a ton of bugs.
Relax folks its not the end of the world. They will work out the kinks eventually and it will be alot smoother. I bet everyone at Trion is running off coffee and redbull by now cut them some slack.

Andross
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
But keeping the servers on, and doing maintence for a few hours won't solve nothing but raging customers returning there product, they need to give longer maintenence times.

savagerasta
04-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah- well- I can't tell you if I like this game or not- owned it for 2 days now- still have not had a chance to play it....i work all day and can only get on it after kids are out- so late at night...when I finally get some me time to take my new game out for a test drive......I get defiance service not available....second night now.....I hav eyet to play a single minute of this game...after 2 days.... bugs are to b expected with any launch but this is simply ridiculous and dissapointing...anyone need a copy of a defiance game...holla at me...i'm done with this game.......I have work and kids to drop off at school in the morning- I can't sit around all night waiting for the servers to boot back up- I just want to connec tand play for a couple of hour sb4 heading to bed without getting stressed out............worst gaming experience ever....so disapointed....enjoy your $$$ Trion- you definitely won't be getting any more from me.

Andross
04-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah- well- I can't tell you if I like this game or not- owned it for 2 days now- still have not had a chance to play it....i work all day and can only get on it after kids are out- so late at night...when I finally get some me time to take my new game out for a test drive......I get defiance service not available....second night now.....I hav eyet to play a single minute of this game...after 2 days.... bugs are to b expected with any launch but this is simply ridiculous and dissapointing...anyone need a copy of a defiance game...holla at me...i'm done with this game.......I have work and kids to drop off at school in the morning- I can't sit around all night waiting for the servers to boot back up- I just want to connec tand play for a couple of hour sb4 heading to bed without getting stressed out............worst gaming experience ever....so disapointed....enjoy your $$$ Trion- you definitely won't be getting any more from me.
Thats a little bit more frustrating than my problem. But have you tried checking your NAT settings and port forwarding the 3074 ports? I had the same problem as these others had about not logging on, and i fixed that, and the problem vanished.

A s0t
04-03-2013, 08:30 PM
server down time is Trion's way of letting people take a break; smoke, go to the bathroom, refresh you glass of mountain dew, throw them dishes in the dishwasher, and microwave them hot pockets

Andross
04-03-2013, 08:32 PM
server down time is Trion's way of letting people take a break; smoke, go to the bathroom, refresh you glass of mountain dew, throw them dishes in the dishwasher, and microwave them hot pockets
LOL i was just talking to people about that.