PDA

View Full Version : new patch crit errors

bugsmack
10-23-2014, 04:32 PM
The Halloween 2.3 patch is not loading. Crits out every time for me and some others. Any advice?

bugsmack
10-24-2014, 05:02 AM
Just tried again... still the same. Starting to make me mad. -Trance creed- in the game btw.

bugsmack
10-24-2014, 05:03 AM
Also on ps3 na

bugsmack
10-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Still no help... f you guys. Lots of people can not get on. Going to slam you *******s as many times as I can.

BC001
10-25-2014, 02:01 AM
A friend of mine kept getting critical errors preventing the patch from running. The fix turned out to be deleting the directory that the bad file was in (it is not in the game directory itself, it is somewhere on the "user" tree, I forget where exactly but the error window eventually gives the path). The patch did not download correctly the first time and the files it left when it crashed prevented a fresh download of the patch from working.

crasher
10-25-2014, 02:10 AM
A friend of mine kept getting critical errors preventing the patch from running. The fix turned out to be deleting the directory that the bad file was in (it is not in the game directory itself, it is somewhere on the "user" tree, I forget where exactly but the error window eventually gives the path). The patch did not download correctly the first time and the files it left when it crashed prevented a fresh download of the patch from working.
I hate when that happens.
I seem to recall that one of the consoles was doing it semi-regularly much of summer 2013 ...?

I never had it happen to my PC, but I consider that more luck than design in most cases.

I hope it gets easy to sort out.

bugsmack
10-25-2014, 05:31 AM
One guy told me to delete the game data utility then go back to the game. Worked perfectly!

crasher
10-25-2014, 10:16 AM
One guy told me to delete the game data utility then go back to the game. Worked perfectly!
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Snoopy_Glasses_thumbsup.jpg

Azrael Serene
10-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Trying hard to log in to Defi on Xbox but patch keeps timing out... where do i find the files to delete?