PDA

View Full Version : Reporting bugs, and a list of everything that is broken?

Baines
10-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Okay, it is a bit wearing how much is broken in this game. It is even more wearing seeing items reported on the forums which remain broken for months seemingly without any effort to fix them. And worse when you read about things that haven't properly worked for at least a year.

So I looked at how to properly report bugs, but even that looks like an abandoned mess. There is a forum for reporting bugs, but most of the time it seems like no one at Trion actually reads that forum. There is no organization, and little to tell when a bug has been fixed, may be slated to be fixed, or has been deemed not important to fix.

There is a Defiance Known Issues sticky thread, but appears to have been abandoned a week after it was created.

So, is there a proper way to report bugs and issues?

And is there anywhere that maintains a list of things that are known to be broken? Or are we just, for example, expected to try something like the Reservoir Chickens hotshot on PC every few months to see if it on the off chance ever gets fixed? (For the curious, no it still doesn't work. It doesn't end. Sometimes it doesn't even give you a weapon. When it does give a weapon, it doesn't give an incendiary as described. Which doesn't really matter compared to the detail that it doesn't end.)

Thal
10-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Okay, it is a bit wearing how much is broken in this game. It is even more wearing seeing items reported on the forums which remain broken for months seemingly without any effort to fix them. And worse when you read about things that haven't properly worked for at least a year.

So I looked at how to properly report bugs, but even that looks like an abandoned mess. There is a forum for reporting bugs, but most of the time it seems like no one at Trion actually reads that forum. There is no organization, and little to tell when a bug has been fixed, may be slated to be fixed, or has been deemed not important to fix.

There is a Defiance Known Issues sticky thread, but appears to have been abandoned a week after it was created.

So, is there a proper way to report bugs and issues?

And is there anywhere that maintains a list of things that are known to be broken? Or are we just, for example, expected to try something like the Reservoir Chickens hotshot on PC every few months to see if it on the off chance ever gets fixed? (For the curious, no it still doesn't work. It doesn't end. Sometimes it doesn't even give you a weapon. When it does give a weapon, it doesn't give an incendiary as described. Which doesn't really matter compared to the detail that it doesn't end.)

Defiance Known Issues (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?86-News-amp-Announcements)
Bug Reports and Issues (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?73-Bug-Reports-and-Issues)

goodSuM
10-25-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm more surprised at the spelling errors that still haven't been fixed. I mean, that's the simplest of the simplest.

Baines
10-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Defiance Known Issues (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?86-News-amp-Announcements)
Bug Reports and Issues (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?73-Bug-Reports-and-Issues)

I mentioned the Defiance Known Issues thread. It is the one that appears to not have been updated since June. The thread was created in late May, saw its last post a week later in June. It doesn't look like it has been edited since. It contains issues that seemingly have either been since fixed, and lacks issues that have been reported in the last several months. It gives all appearance of being outdated and abandoned, and thus does not function as "a list of everything that is broken".

I also mentioned the Bug Reports and Issues forum. It is the place where you can search to find that the issues that you've just experienced that day were reported months ago by others, seemingly to no response.

Bentu
10-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Reservoir chickens has been fixed for a while, now it's the sniper savoir that needs looking at.

Blackwolfe
10-26-2014, 03:40 PM
I usually report minor bugs using /bug in the game (on pc). Minor as in floating props (trucks, boxes etc since /bug contains location data I think) which I've encountered several times during incursion emergencies.. but bigger bugs I usually check the bug forum.

PillowcaseHunter
10-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Since Thursday afternoon UK time, I have noticed I am no longer gaining XP. The XP bar at the bottom of the gameplay screen is there but empty. Looking at the XP bar in character/weapons skills screen, it reads 0/0. I am EGO level 4368 now, and have done 3 Arkfalls and 2 yellow incursion since Thursday, but am still not getting any XP.

I take it from the absence of this bug, I am the only one experiencing it!!!

JadedSinn
10-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Since Thursday afternoon UK time, I have noticed I am no longer gaining XP. The XP bar at the bottom of the gameplay screen is there but empty. Looking at the XP bar in character/weapons skills screen, it reads 0/0. I am EGO level 4368 now, and have done 3 Arkfalls and 2 yellow incursion since Thursday, but am still not getting any XP.

not a bug. you stop gaining XP when the perks are all full. IE you hit XP cap now to gain the rest of your levels you must do persuites

Baines
10-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Reservoir chickens has been fixed for a while, now it's the sniper savoir that needs looking at.

At least as of yesterday, Reservoir Chickens either has not been fixed on PC, or it had been broken again. It is what drove me to make the post, versus the all the other bugs that you run into daily. (And why I said "For the curious, no it still doesn't work.")

LegendaryU2K
10-26-2014, 09:28 PM
sometimes incursion locations doesn't show up, enemies get stuck in seiges sometimes, that's all i notice.

PillowcaseHunter
10-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Jadedsinn, do you mean the perks in the EGO chart? I haven't filled them all up tho, there are I think 5 or 6 skills/perks I have not even enabled. The weapons skill levels are all full, but they were full over 2 weeks ago and the XP bar was still moving, only the but mounted gun on the SUV skill is at level 3. I have been doing the T contracts since first playing to get the TopNotch toolworks SAW's for the Prepared synergy, and am still doing that now, arkfalls, incursions, anything and everything, but my XP bar is still not moving.

crasher
10-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Jadedsinn, do you mean the perks in the EGO chart? I haven't filled them all up tho, there are I think 5 or 6 skills/perks I have not even enabled. The weapons skill levels are all full, but they were full over 2 weeks ago and the XP bar was still moving, only the but mounted gun on the SUV skill is at level 3. I have been doing the T contracts since first playing to get the TopNotch toolworks SAW's for the Prepared synergy, and am still doing that now, arkfalls, incursions, anything and everything, but my XP bar is still not moving.

In the olden days, of summer '13, the yellow dotted line used to stop filling when you either had all the perks or had enough perk points to buy all the perks.
After months of discussion by players who had passed that point and wanted to see the line anyway, - TRION devs re-enabled the line graphics.

In the passed 6 months they added 15 more perks.
I was playing ESO instead, so I have no clue what happened in the interim.
My main is an E-4836, and I haven't played that 'toon much since approx January, I have 24 unspent perk points, and the only perks not bought are the 15 new ones from Arktech Revolution (whatever that is, but I don't have it).

Those 15 perks require 45 points total to unlock.
I have 24, and my line is greyed out as well. <-- The part in red is incorrect.

[ I edited out harsh criticism here, as I was incorrect, and wish to no longer be harsh about this matter. There are OTHER matters where it is applicable, tho. ]

My line is, in fact, still working.

My main has 145 days played, and I never bothered to do the Jackleg Joe mission.
Poor Rosa has been standing outside that mine since some time around August '13.

Bonehead
10-27-2014, 06:54 PM

Just to reiterate; when you have gained enough ego points to fill the ego grid completely, you stop gaining ego from exp only. Even if you haven't spent the ego points. That's just how the game works. Now it's pursuit and leveling time for further ego gains my friend.

Bonehead
10-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Poor Rosa has been standing outside that mine since some time around August '13.

She misses you terribly.

crasher
10-27-2014, 06:59 PM
She misses you terribly.
I'm a bad pony.

Bonehead
10-27-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm a bad pony.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy4_zpsc6784807.gif

PillowcaseHunter
10-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Oh, ok. I am level 4648 now, so will that stop going up even I have say enough xp to go up to the next level, it will stay at 4648? In the Iron Demon ranch vendor, and Diablo Station, the vendors have 5000 EGO items, so how do I get those if the EGO levels don't go up?

What I am trying to say is, if I am still getting XP, but it just doesn't show on the xp bar, it'd be nice to see that IF I was still getting the xp even though there are no more EGO levels to go, so I can watch my progression. I have bought the Arktech Revolution and the 7th Legion

So do I somehow still gain points post EGO points or not? If I am, then maybe the company could perhaps change the color of the XP bar, say green, just so people know, we are getting xp points, not for EGO levels, but for character progression. If we are no longer getting any points, then there is no use to continue playing on then is there?

Atticus Batman
10-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Oh, ok. I am level 4648 now, so will that stop going up even I have say enough xp to go up to the next level, it will stay at 4648? In the Iron Demon ranch vendor, and Diablo Station, the vendors have 5000 EGO items, so how do I get those if the EGO levels don't go up?

What I am trying to say is, if I am still getting XP, but it just doesn't show on the xp bar, it'd be nice to see that IF I was still getting the xp even though there are no more EGO levels to go, so I can watch my progression. I have bought the Arktech Revolution and the 7th Legion

So do I somehow still gain points post EGO points or not? If I am, then maybe the company could perhaps change the color of the XP bar, say green, just so people know, we are getting xp points, not for EGO levels, but for character progression. If we are no longer getting any points, then there is no use to continue playing on then is there?

If you have unlocked all the perk points(Even if you don't spend them), then you are DONE gaining XP. The XP is only gained until all perk points are awarded. The only way to level up your ego after maxing the XP cap, are to do pursuits, level weapon skills, and level vehicle skills.