PDA

View Full Version : Crime fighter lag co ops (dev fix please)

Zeke Washington
10-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Today me and some guys were in a co op and experienced lag when the crime fighter was used. Many NEW 5k players asked a player to stop using it, and he didn't. When we got to the boss he died immediately, and the lag stopped. We left him on the ground (didn't revive him). We killed the boss without him, and we're better off without his lag gun. TRION Please fix this. The new characters think it's the greatest weapon invented. I have a bio one, but don't use it because of the grief it causes other players. If u are in a co op with me I WILL MOT PICK U UP WITH THAT GUN.

Egonieser
10-26-2014, 09:48 AM
What platform is it you are playing on? Because for me 50 or more people spamming it in a major arkfall or incursion doesn't even make 5 FPS difference, never mind any kind of lag, but mind you, i do have a rather beastly PC, for a console it's probably detrimental, considering it's a 7 year old hardware.

Greybush
10-26-2014, 10:10 AM
This absolutely needs attention. Too many people using these on arkfalls, coops, sieges, etc.. Would be nice to address bmg healing while they're at it as these also cause considerable lag as well. At least they do on PS3. Can't speak for other platforms though.

LegendaryU2K
10-26-2014, 10:10 AM
What's your full system specs and OS?
Because my computer is Q6600 2.4hz, Windows 7 64bit, 4GB DDR2 Memory, GTX 550 1GB , i play at 1600x900 max, but shadows is off ( Shadows decreases performance up to 40% ) <------- Keep that in mind. And i get between 40-60fps, when crime fighter is around, it doesn't decrease performance at all. My frame rate drops down to 27(still playable ) when there are about 60 + people in one area, but shoots back up to 45 depending on whats happening. So it sounds like your computer is crap , just saying.

If you're playing on the console, ignore what i said above ;)

Elroyhuman
10-26-2014, 11:47 AM
The worst thing for me on these things, is that people can't hit squat with them. I see little green balls bouncing everywhere, and almost never hitting the bad guys. Seriously folks when you use one of these things, can you not see how badly you are doing with doing? I know it's cool because it is an easy to get gun with the no challenge reputation quests / ability to buy reputation / low costs, but I have had all three Defiant Few guns as legendaries, and I have scrapped all three because they were pretty lame compared to other guns i have picked up in drops.

Zeke Washington
10-26-2014, 12:01 PM
PS3 platform high speed internet and plenty of GN. Been on defiance since a month after start and never had lag like this until crime fighter popped into game. Hd tv as well

Egonieser
10-26-2014, 04:10 PM
I've not really met anyone who complains about crimefighters on PC, i don't think it affects the performance on our machines, unless someone is playing on a archaic hamster-powered 17th century celeron with a v0.05 integrated chipset. But even then, not seen a single complaint. In fact a few times the group leader asked to pull them out to make the run a lot speedier, which it did.
So i can't really relate. Must be bad optimisation on console side.

JadedSinn
10-26-2014, 04:36 PM
I've not really met anyone who complains about crimefighters on PC, i don't think it affects the performance on our machines, unless someone is playing on a archaic hamster-powered 17th century celeron with a v0.05 integrated chipset. But even then, not seen a single complaint. In fact a few times the group leader asked to pull them out to make the run a lot speedier, which it did.
So i can't really relate. Must be bad optimisation on console side.

thats a lie . im on pc and i compl;ane about the crimefighter all the time and its lag creating ness. it has to do with video and such. the thing needs a mass visual effect revamp so it dosent put so much strain on alot of older pcs and also on the people playing on NONE gameing rigs like my self.

so ya. i feel the OP on this. the gun needs a revamp. atleast in the visual effects departent. becuse thats whats creating alot of the frame drops and lag.

hype
10-26-2014, 04:44 PM
to much hard work for trion to fix just like the ps3 trophy bug

Brindled
10-26-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't lag when I use mine, or when others use theirs. With that said, I'd like the screen shake to go away which is probably the reason for some people's framerate to diminish.

AllGamer
10-26-2014, 05:42 PM
yeah those defiant few weapons, only seems to affect Consoles due their low graphic processor.

in PC any decent machine (not on-board video) will have no lag at all displaying a full ark fall of people using any of the Defiant Few weapons

Chump Norris
10-26-2014, 07:06 PM
I don't think anyone at Trion plays on PS3 so they don't see the Crimefighter lag. If the Crimefighter wasn't so damn strong there would be less people spamming these things.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Today me and some guys were in a co op and experienced lag when the crime fighter was used. Many NEW 5k players asked a player to stop using it, and he didn't. When we got to the boss he died immediately, and the lag stopped. We left him on the ground (didn't revive him). We killed the boss without him, and we're better off without his lag gun. TRION Please fix this. The new characters think it's the greatest weapon invented. I have a bio one, but don't use it because of the grief it causes other players. If u are in a co op with me I WILL MOT PICK U UP WITH THAT GUN.

1) Why does it matter if new 5000 players asked the player using the Crime fighter to stop using it?

2) No boss at the very beginning of a fight can flat out kill a person almost riight after starting there fight.

*Are you trying to say this person was rushing head on at thhe boss and hench men and using it at point blank? If they had killed themselves with there own CF you would have sen the telltale red flash at there death. You didn't se that flash so they obvously didn't accidently kill themselves.

*By not picking them up while fighting such a deadly boss that can kill allies "instantly" at the very start of the match, you risked greatly not being able to complete the mission, you know this right?

3) It doesn't cause lag. I was using my ,CF while others where using theirs during EF. Nothing bad happend.

jesseisabeastt
10-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Seems like were all having different experiences. Me personally, i hard freeze 4/5 co op maps where somebody is spamming there crimefighter.

I dont have much lag trouble in open world though. Seems to only be in co ops for me

crazyged
10-27-2014, 12:40 AM
I can't say I'm a fan of the crimefighter (I think it's too easy to use), but I can live with it.

It's mainly the visual effects that get me.

That, combined with a bmg in the tight confines of a co-op make certain areas an unseeable mess.

JadedSinn
10-27-2014, 02:09 AM
3) It doesn't cause lag. I was using my ,CF while others where using theirs during EF. Nothing bad happend.

for you. its not all about you. its about every one else but you. for you you may not lag. you may not get the effects of lag. but other people do. console AND PC both.

so you may not feel the effects and enjoy the gun. others do feel the effects and do not enjoy the gun.

mortaug
10-27-2014, 02:15 AM
Sorry jade but I have too agree with the others, I haven't seen any lag with the CF since ~mid to late august.
Also last-gen consoles will not run games as smoothly as PC just go look at DCUO.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-27-2014, 02:30 AM
1) Why does it matter if new 5000 players asked the player using the Crime fighter to stop using it?

2) No boss at the very beginning of a fight can flat out kill a person almost riight after starting there fight.

*Are you trying to say this person was rushing head on at thhe boss and hench men and using it at point blank? If they had killed themselves with there own CF you would have sen the telltale red flash at there death. You didn't se that flash so they obvously didn't accidently kill themselves.

*By not picking them up while fighting such a deadly boss that can kill allies "instantly" at the very start of the match, you risked greatly not being able to complete the mission, you know this right?

you know the nerf hammer is a coming for the laggy and op CF.

Chump Norris
10-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Sorry jade but I have too agree with the others, I haven't seen any lag with the CF since ~mid to late august.
Also last-gen consoles will not run games as smoothly as PC just go look at DCUO.

Sorry but JadedSinn was spot on with that post...There shouldn't be one gun that causes people to have to upgrade their PC or makes the game unplayable on consoles. You don't see the problem but trust the rest of us when we say it is there.

you now the nerf hammer is a coming for the the laggy and op CF.

I really hope so. They nerfed Bloodhound fire rate because of that stupid screen shake but this damn gun goes untouched after all this time...

crazyged
10-27-2014, 02:59 AM
I just don't see what joy someone can get from a weapon that you fire blindly into a crowd, knowing it's going decimate anything within spitting distance even if you can't actually see what you're hitting. It's very similiar to the Vot Auto Lobber which I tried out this weekend with my teeny NA toon. That thing is lethal and makes crowds non-existent.

Not a lotta skill involved there...

DEATHBRINGER210
10-27-2014, 03:02 AM
spray and prayers

Brindled
10-27-2014, 03:15 AM
I like using the crimefighter. It does have drawbacks. You have to compromise, and it's not good for every situation.

shake dem haters off

If they were to nerf it I wouldn't cry, but I'd be more happy if they just reduce the graphics that's causing some users to lag.

AllGamer
10-27-2014, 06:05 AM
I like the CF as it's the weapon with the most DPS

not DPS as in Damage Per Second
but DPS as in Damage Per Shot

no other weapon does as much damage as the CF in the same EGO level

However... CF is not a fun gun to use it's not Accurate, you can't really use it to aim something, as the stupid arc of fire is toooooo exaggerated

It's good for crowd control, but not good for aiming at stuff in high places.... you'll need to almost bend backward if you want to shoot at something real high, or very far away.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-27-2014, 09:14 AM
The worst thing for me on these things, is that people can't hit squat with them. I see little green balls bouncing everywhere, and almost never hitting the bad guys. Seriously folks when you use one of these things, can you not see how badly you are doing with doing?

*1 They may have missed because the target they fired at was just killed by some one else that has faster than sound projectiles, creating the illusion that they missed.

*2 They were hit by lightning nano.

*3 Some spots on some enemies, including unmoving enemies, flat out dont count as a hit and the explosive bounces off them.

Dont knock people who use the CF, it takes alot more skill to use it effectivly than most other weapons.

I know it's cool because it is an easy to get gun with the no challenge reputation quests / ability to buy reputation / low costs, but I have had all three Defiant Few guns as legendaries, and I have scrapped all three because they were pretty lame compared to other guns i have picked up in drops.

This right here is a glimps of what I think is truly going on.

You / and others dislike this gun because

*1how easy it is to get it

*2its one of the most powerful boss killers in game

*3(most important of all) Your fav guns have been nerfed at one point or another for many diffrent reasons, it then ticks you off to see a Gun in this game be very powerful and popular BUT not nerfed like your Zagger or Rocketlawnchair OR your Car OR Surge Bolter OR Derailer, so on and so forth.

You have overlooked the drawbacks designed for this weapon and have joined a crusade that has the simple goal to cause the CF to be nerfed just cause it appears to make guns you liked not look as good as they were.

Any time I see a post about the CF causing lag and or its to powerful I chalk the claim up to be nothing more than bitter players who had truly broken weapons nerfed, some cases the weapon may not have been broken, and they want revenge on the majority because they got a good weapon and it hasnt been touched by Trion.

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-27-2014, 09:18 AM
for you. its not all about you. its about every one else but you. for you you may not lag. you may not get the effects of lag. but other people do. console AND PC both.

so you may not feel the effects and enjoy the gun. others do feel the effects and do not enjoy the gun.

Yes and not one of those people have a video to back up there accusation.

mortaug
10-27-2014, 09:21 AM
However... CF is not a fun gun to use it's not Accurate, you can't really use it to aim something, as the stupid arc of fire is toooooo exaggerated

It's good for crowd control, but not good for aiming at stuff in high places.... you'll need to almost bend backward if you want to shoot at something real high, or very far away.

I love the CF and the clustershot & the Flaregun BECAUSE of the arc.
Once you learn how to aim them you can hit just about anything, especially enemies hiding behind things without you ever being in their line of fire.:cool:
The CF is great in the gulannee arkfall as you can have it bouncing from inner wall to outer wall in the narrow hallways taking out those buggers ;)

WhiteKnight019
10-27-2014, 10:47 AM
What platform is it you are playing on? Because for me 50 or more people spamming it in a major arkfall or incursion doesn't even make 5 FPS difference, never mind any kind of lag, but mind you, i do have a rather beastly PC, for a console it's probably detrimental, considering it's a 7 year old hardware.

For the 360, its really nothing. Just a lot of flash, not a lot of lag. I use it in arenas along with a sword. Its nothing special really. Even when I have everyone of screen using a Crimefighter at Arkfalls, it doesn't lag.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-27-2014, 11:48 AM
the nerf is coming

XGAH
10-27-2014, 11:54 AM
An option to turn down explosive visuals would be a welcome addition.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-27-2014, 12:02 PM

better option nerf the crimefighter to dust

Grigsy
10-27-2014, 12:09 PM
The screen shake gives me motion sickness if I am anywhere near the explosions. After 2 mins in a co-op I am physically ill. Nixing the screen shake as an individual option affects no ones gaming experience. I personally take pride in my aiming ability and I cant aim if my screen is shaking and plastered with green goo. Tone down the obnoxious gun.

crasher
10-27-2014, 12:10 PM

And it's been an issue we've been pleading with the devs to implement a change in since shortly after release.

Trick gets all tingly over the blinding lights of explosives and BMGs.
He seems happy to impose blindness, and screen shake (and lag on those of us who *do* have lag induced by visuals) on the player base no matter how we feel about it.

All we asked for was the optional ability to tone down the visual spamming by other players on our own computers, but apparently we're not worthy of consideration. So it remains that whole groups of people at an event are treated to the optical version of brightly colored neon diarrhea on screen.

A word of advice, don't hold your breath (so to speak), the graphic display shall not be infringed....

JadedSinn
10-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes and not one of those people have a video to back up there accusation.

ill flat out say it . thy dont have a video becuse thy cant run a video player. if you look at all posts i make for the PTS server i dont include videos becuse my system cant handel the game and videos . you can allso ask CORE and CRONUS and EVO . why i dont get on TS my system can not handle the game and other things runing in the background. hell im not the only one that does this.

also . there are no recording systems for consols. atleast that i know of. so your argument here is moot.

just becuse your system has xxgigs of ram. xx gig video card xx taras of memory. and can fart golden rainbow monkys that shoot cupcakes from there noses and smiles could blind a unicorn. dosent mean that every one out there has the same rig.

some gamers game on what thy have and can aford. this means.that there are going to be people out there like me who can only run the game and nothing else. or people out there that cant run the game without laging. or haveing lag.

and further more. im going to keep saying it. the crimefighters VISUAL effects are what create the lag. i could give 3 jeks about the gun its self. its the visual effects that are the problums

the only thing that needs to be toned down are the graphics from the exsplosions. and then everything with this gun would be fine.

maybe tweek it so that when its fiered it dosent also VEIR wide and to the right like you just hit a golf ball with a sand wedge .

JadedSinn
10-27-2014, 03:37 PM
And it's been an issue we've been pleading with the devs to implement a change in since shortly after release.

Trick gets all tingly over the blinding lights of explosives and BMGs.
He seems happy to impose blindness, and screen shake (and lag on those of us who *do* have lag induced by visuals) on the player base no matter how we feel about it.

All we asked for was the optional ability to tone down the visual spamming by other players on our own computers, but apparently we're not worthy of consideration. So it remains that whole groups of people at an event are treated to the optical version of brightly colored neon diarrhea on screen.

A word of advice, don't hold your breath (so to speak), the graphic display shall not be infringed....

maybe if it makes someone have a shizer while playing thay will get the hint ? o.o just saying. the effects on alot of the weapons is like watching the deleted/changed pokemon episode that cosed hundrids of children in japan to fall over in a spazmadix fit and even some to die.

the effects on alot of guns need to be lowered. changed and made diffrent there to high for the game to handle and for alot of peoples PCs to handle even just an option to turn off the effect would be nice. nearly every shooter/mmo/rpg i have played out there atleast gives some form of the option. on rpgs with large magic effects the game gives u the option to " tone them down " or " turn them off "

i wouldnt mind a tone them down option. truthfuly. make it a simeple slide bar like the proxy memory slide it one way it makes the effects brighter and biger and appear slide it theo ther and it looks like a shot from an electric bmg small inosent and not so manicing or bright.

may even clear up the lag that some people still have , less stuff to send to the players system les packits that can get lost. less lag. win win for every one .

Punisher Illinois Blue
10-27-2014, 07:00 PM
ill flat out say it . thy dont have a video becuse thy cant run a video player. if you look at all posts i make for the PTS server i dont include videos becuse my system cant handel the game and videos . you can allso ask CORE and CRONUS and EVO . why i dont get on TS my system can not handle the game and other things runing in the background. hell im not the only one that does this.

also . there are no recording systems for consols. atleast that i know of. so your argument here is moot.

just becuse your system has xxgigs of ram. xx gig video card xx taras of memory. and can fart golden rainbow monkys that shoot cupcakes from there noses and smiles could blind a unicorn. dosent mean that every one out there has the same rig.

some gamers game on what thy have and can aford. this means.that there are going to be people out there like me who can only run the game and nothing else. or people out there that cant run the game without laging. or haveing lag.

and further more. im going to keep saying it. the crimefighters VISUAL effects are what create the lag. i could give 3 jeks about the gun its self. its the visual effects that are the problums

the only thing that needs to be toned down are the graphics from the exsplosions. and then everything with this gun would be fine.

maybe tweek it so that when its fiered it dosent also VEIR wide and to the right like you just hit a golf ball with a sand wedge .

JUST use a hand held digital camera put it on a tripod or a bunch books, or get a recording Rig like the ones used on twitch. Despite this I know no one is going to record this issue people claim exist.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-27-2014, 07:01 PM
can you hear it the nerf hammer ia about to drop