PDA

View Full Version : Hulker Hell

Temir
10-29-2014, 12:43 AM
So which dev made the Hulker Hell idea? This is a pain, but fun.

J8 Sky
10-29-2014, 01:04 AM
It's the Dev that should get a huge bonus for the holidays..... he's the Defiance savior .

Alliiara
10-29-2014, 01:10 AM
I totally agree, it is amazing. I have done two so far, and won one. :) It is nice to see people working together and forming strategies.
Has anyone gotten either of the pumpkin masks yet?

J8 Sky
10-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Has anyone gotten either of the pumpkin masks yet?

I got the Happy pumpkin masks on my 2nd major , oh i'm really happy now !

Alliiara
10-29-2014, 02:09 AM
I got the Happy pumpkin masks on my 2nd major , oh i'm really happy now !

Awesome!
Did it drop from an enemy, or was it a reward at the end? :)

Chocolatelover67
10-29-2014, 02:12 AM
Oh bosh'tet......

I am hanging out for one of these arkfalls to happen. Is it only in Con Valley?

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 02:13 AM
Oh bosh'tet......

no I did one in San fran.

Alliiara
10-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Oh bosh'tet......

Nope, it is all over the world. I have done three majors, one in San Fran and two in Silicon Valley. I have also done a 3 minors, two in San fran and one in Madera.

J8 Sky
10-29-2014, 02:15 AM
Awesome!
Did it drop from an enemy, or was it a reward at the end? :)

Sorry i have no idea when i got it, after the 2nd major, server was about to restart. so i quickly ported to vendor to clean my inventory, while surprisingly found an OJ double crit Hellfire sniper rifle. so i checked and found the Happy pumpkin also. :D

Alliiara
10-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Sorry i have no idea when i got it, after the 2nd major, server was about to restart. so i quickly ported to vendor to clean my inventory, while surprisingly found an OJ double crit Hellfire sniper rifle. so i checked and found the Happy pumpkin also. :D

Thats good, I was worried that we had to loot it and I could miss it. Thanks for sharing! :D

TriGlav 2000
10-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Hulker Hell is allready live? I expected it to go live when contracts reset this evening.

So anybody got any legendary of it?

Alliiara
10-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Hulker Hell is allready live? I expected it to go live when contracts reset this evening.

So anybody got any legendary of it?
I saw someone in zone say that they did, but I haven't seen anything other than blues and greens.

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 02:48 AM

Ojs never drop from enemies so obviously it was an event reward.

crazyged
10-29-2014, 04:20 AM
Dang it, I'm still at work!

Want to get stomped by -

I mean, want to kill hulkers!

TriGlav 2000
10-29-2014, 04:47 AM
I noticed that Hulker Hell (only end event mob at major drop it) mobs are not dropping Hellfire gear and all of them were dropping it on PTS. Is this intentional or a bug?

Anybody got any purple ''The purge'' mods from the event?

J8 Sky
10-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Anybody got any purple ''The purge'' mods from the event?
I got three T4 purge mods from only doing a few major's , also about a dozen Blues.

Fuzzy
10-29-2014, 05:54 AM
I got both a purple mod and a legendary weapon from the Hulker Arkfalls (both majors though), so it's definitely possible :)
Probably minors can drop purple mods too, just the chance is way lower.

Thal
10-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Ok so did my 1st Hulker Hell AF and I'm here to say...

That Was Freakin Awesome!

Didn't get any event weapons but made mass loot to breakdown and got froggy and wanted to see how my luck is going so I bought the Supply Crate and got the smiling pumpkin headgear, it looks wild.

Am on PS3-NA and lag wasn't that bad I did DC at the end of it but no biggy

PillowcaseHunter
10-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Are the PURGE items only available as drops, not purchasable items? I just did my first HH, got a few Purge Mods, and had 5 PURGE weapons, all no good to me so sold them.

Alliiara
10-29-2014, 07:01 AM
I am doing a hulker hell right now and the waves keep repeating, it has been over 20 waves now :o What a weird bug.
Here is a screenshot of hulkers from wave 5 being put into wave 1.
http://i.imgur.com/5PG5FJo.jpg

Thal
10-29-2014, 07:21 AM
I am doing a hulker hell right now and the waves keep repeating, it has been over 20 waves now :o What a weird bug.
Here is a screenshot of hulkers from wave 5 being put into wave 1.
http://i.imgur.com/5PG5FJo.jpg

It's not a bug they just keep coming but eventually after like 4 or 5 hulker spawns you will win

hiban
10-29-2014, 07:48 AM
It's a bug.

The arkfall randomly gets "restarted" back to wave 1. Sometimes it happens in wave 2, sometimes in wave3, sometimes even in wave 5.

I have seen it already in 2 major arkfalls. Seems to happen in the "first" minor, usually the one which is closer to the fast travel, which is the one people usually go to first.

Although the other minors can be completed normally, that bugged minor keeps getting resetted until the timer goes to zero. Then the major arkfall gets auto-finished, without showing any scoreboard, and people get no loot. because of this, the boss arkfall never spawns.

I believe we get the keys/AF rewards, but we get no items from those bugged majors.

jerdan
10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Nope. . This happened on xbox na and we did it about 10 times until the time finally just ran out. Did 3 majors and got one blackened hellfire blaster and a blue mod ās reward. No purple mods yet. . But a friend did get 1.. Just seems as though drop rates are really low for t4 mods.

TriGlav 2000
10-29-2014, 10:20 AM
I got 3 purple mods, 2 of them are shotgun melee stocks and AR mag. No purple or orange weapons yet.

alienstookmybeer
10-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Don't think any of this is working as intended:

Minor hulker arkfalls end without an event reward screen, and have none of the themed loot drop during them.

Major hulker arkfalls end giving themed loot shown on the event reward screen unless your inventory is filled and then you do not get the loot (it does not go to claims either)

Major hulker arkfalls only drop themed loot during the final stage of the arkfall, which is often impossible to get to because an earlier stage repeats over and over and it never progesses to the end.

Hopefully some of this gets fixed before the event ends.

TriGlav 2000
10-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Yeah, did a minor on PTS yesterday and all the drops were Hellfire themed, idk why they don't drop on live servers.

Rashere
10-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Yeah, did a minor on PTS yesterday and all the drops were Hellfire themed, idk why they don't drop on live servers.

Just tracked it down. That data didn't make it to live with the rest of the patch. We'll get that corrected ASAP. The event rewards are fine. It's just the NPCs in the minors that are affected.

Rashere

Tex_Arcana
10-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Just tracked it down. That data didn't make it to live with the rest of the patch. We'll get that corrected ASAP. The event rewards are fine. It's just the NPCs in the minors that are affected.

Rashere
Yay. Someone watching from Command and Control.
http://adamp.wp42.com/files/2007/07/homerbinoculars.png
Heading home from work to get some Hulker Hell. Now, now, NOW!

alienstookmybeer
10-29-2014, 11:39 AM

Rashere

What about not having event loot drops during the first 5 stages of the majors, or not getting the ending reward loot if your inventory is full?

TriGlav 2000
10-29-2014, 11:43 AM

Rashere
Hellfire gear is not dropping on all pre-minors at major events, were they also supposed to drop them?

And what about reseting stages?

Rashere
10-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Still looking into the other reported issues.

Rashere

Jasper Townsend
10-29-2014, 12:26 PM
I have not seen one pumpkin yet, having done 1 major and a handful of minors. No OJs, one purple mod, mostly green/blue drops. Only one event reward so far and it wasn't my highest score.

PhantasieTrion
10-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys

Update: I'm scheduling a deploy right now to fix the missing sounds on some of the blackened hellfire weapons and the improper rewards dropping from the events. Goal is to get it out during downtime tonight.

We are still looking into the waves resetting.

--Phantasie

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 02:37 PM
What about not having event loot drops during the first 5 stages of the majors, or not getting the ending reward loot if your inventory is full?

The no end reward thing, was a problem with EL as well, and has been a problem in game since Dlc2 was added. It is nothing new and has been around since they added special/dcl only items to event reward loot tables, and I am afraid no matter how many people have complained it still isn't getting fixed. You just have to remember to empty a couple inventory spaces before the event ends, which is very annoying.

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 02:38 PM
I have not seen one pumpkin yet, having done 1 major and a handful of minors. No OJs, one purple mod, mostly green/blue drops. Only one event reward so far and it wasn't my highest score.

You will only see the pumpkins if you are the first to make it to the arkfalls, because everyone is destroying them immediately, at least on Xbox Na.

Tex_Arcana
10-29-2014, 03:25 PM
The no end reward thing, was a problem with EL as well, and has been a problem in game since Dlc2 was added. It is nothing new and has been around since they added special/dcl only items to event reward loot tables, and I am afraid no matter how many people have complained it still isn't getting fixed. You just have to remember to empty a couple inventory spaces before the event ends, which is very annoying.
How about no reward WITH slots open?
Just had that happen to me: Had the Arkfall to myself for couple of minutes; killed most of the Afflicted, AND one Hulker:
Scoreboard came up: 0 kills, 1 down, No reward. 2 Inventory slots empty.
NOT impressed at all: C'mon Trion Peeps!

hiban
10-29-2014, 04:25 PM
What do exactly the pumpkins do?
I have destroyed many pumpkins so far, but they don't seem to drop anything. Not even ammo...

JadedSinn
10-29-2014, 04:30 PM
What do exactly the pumpkins do?
I have destroyed many pumpkins so far, but they don't seem to drop anything. Not even ammo...

from what i know the pumpkins do 2 things. the happy go lucky looking ones. heal you. the other happy looking one blows up in your face and turns into canned pumpkin spread aswell as burns you.

so not much.

oh and :) to put every ones hopes up there i managed to get the happy pumpkin head. on my secend major ark fall. :) it was cool

alienstookmybeer
10-29-2014, 04:43 PM

This was also an issue for the warmaster and they fixed it. No reason they can't fix it for this and other events that I'm aware of.

Baines
10-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone playing PC-NA has seen a Hulker arkfall? The forum seems full of comments about the event (and the event's bugs). I've been playing on and off on PC-NA for several hours and have yet to see a single event arkfall appear. I have seen a surprising number of Dark Matter arkfalls all afternoon though. From my experience, Dark Matter arkfalls have been running constantly all afternoon.

EDIT: Of course after I say that, an unintentional shard shift (downed and forced to extract at end of Kenn Farm Incursion, which sends you to an extraction point outside the shard if the Incursion has ended in the meantime) followed by a map check showed a Hulker major was halfway complete. Went to it. All the players vanished from the map twice, and it didn't give an item reward at the end even though I had a spare inventory slot.

Thal
10-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone playing PC-NA has seen a Hulker arkfall? The forum seems full of comments about the event (and the event's bugs). I've been playing on and off on PC-NA for several hours and have yet to see a single event arkfall appear. I have seen a surprising number of Dark Matter arkfalls all afternoon though. From my experience, Dark Matter arkfalls have been running constantly all afternoon.

The arkfall is called "Revenge of The afflicted" and "Hulker Hell" been spawning all day on PS3 gotten a few blue and purples no OJs yet but did get both Pumpkin masks One as a drop and one from the Bit Shop

Jasper Townsend
10-29-2014, 05:57 PM
With inventory slots being a problem they should give us all a free 15-slot inventory boost! :)

Baines
10-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Did the major and received no reward on completion, despite having inventory space free. The final arkfall the major had enough players that the vanishing player issue appeared at least twice (where all other players vanish from your map and screen). Then found a lone minor, only to find it went backwards from wave 3 to wave 2, and then was stuck in an infinite loop of bouncing between wave 1 and wave 2.

EDIT: Wow. For added insult, the minor that was stuck looping? With 10 seconds left on the clock, it jumped to Wave 5 and spawned two Hulkers. Of course it was impossible to kill the two Hulkers in ten seconds. That was just the icing on the cake of a buggy event...

DEATHBRINGER210
10-29-2014, 06:28 PM
laggy as hell on ps3

Burned In Effigy
10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Hands down THE most fun I have had in this game since my clan ran to the moist & chewy arms of density!
Thank you Rashere et al for doing these hulker AFs, super enjoyable and you have injected some life into my playing enjoyment.

Mosiah TheSAVAGE
10-29-2014, 08:33 PM
It was pretty littttt. I like how I can see the Afflicted besides sieges. Thry sre very fun to kill lol. Will definitely help with Chimera pursuit also with like 6 hulkers running around. The spawn rate was wayyyyy better than that trash last week. I do like the rewards especially the fact that both mods AND guns can drop at the same Arkfall. You can pick your new gun up and have 2 mods ready assuming they're correct. If not about 25 other people got 2 mods too so you could trade. So far I havent gotten purple or oj but even the lesser colors bring satisfaction. Found a really nice green smg that I ended making blue and may keep and lvl with me since it wont cost much forge. What did you guys think about it?

Festival
10-29-2014, 08:46 PM
The arkfall is called "Revenge of The Inflicted" not Hulker Hell been spawning all day on PS3 gotten a few blue and purples no OJs yet but did get both Pumpkin masks One as a drop and one from the Bit Shop

So it shows that way on the map? I have yet to see one... It's an Arkfall, not an Arkbreak (that you have to call down)?

Atticus Batman
10-29-2014, 09:00 PM
It's an arkfall. They won't make the special events arkbreaks, since that would force the non-dlcers into waiting for dlc owners to consider using spikes at a random chance at getting the right break.

hardy83
10-29-2014, 10:19 PM
How exactly do you get this pumpkin head?

You shoot pumpkins? Just at arkfalls? Or somewhere else? Details! lol

Also does anyone have a list of the hellfire weapons. I gotta collect them all. :P At least blue quality. Still missing the pistol and a shield from EXL. :(

NVM. I really should check Defiance Data first. lol

Festival
10-29-2014, 10:27 PM
It's an arkfall. They won't make the special events arkbreaks, since that would force the non-dlcers into waiting for dlc owners to consider using spikes at a random chance at getting the right break.

Thanks! Found a couple...got a purple tachmag! =)

Chocolatelover67
10-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Did the major and received no reward on completion, despite having inventory space free. The final arkfall the major had enough players that the vanishing player issue appeared at least twice (where all other players vanish from your map and screen). Then found a lone minor, only to find it went backwards from wave 3 to wave 2, and then was stuck in an infinite loop of bouncing between wave 1 and wave 2.

EDIT: Wow. For added insult, the minor that was stuck looping? With 10 seconds left on the clock, it jumped to Wave 5 and spawned two Hulkers. Of course it was impossible to kill the two Hulkers in ten seconds. That was just the icing on the cake of a buggy event...

Was that on PC NA?

I did one in the very early AM my time and it kept looping past wave 4 then back to 1 and did this for 35 minutes

DJ51
10-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Was a great event change at first all went well getting blue weapons, they're not garbage but they're not purples and OJ's either then was awarded nothing for a third in an event "not a single thing in whole even and no end score reward either " that happened twice in the last twenty four hours.

Actually I think I was at the Above event it was very frustrating :/

As a balance when it works I was also Awarded an "OJ Blackened Hellfire Saw", then today awarded an "OJ Beelzebub" though the next Major event awarded me absolutely nothing again execpt for 1260 script and 20 arkforge.... not sure why I got nothing for a third in an event, maybe the RNG broke like the Major arkfall components ?

Burned In Effigy
10-29-2014, 11:32 PM
How exactly do you get this pumpkin head?

You shoot pumpkins? Just at arkfalls? Or somewhere else? Details! lol

Also does anyone have a list of the hellfire weapons. I gotta collect them all. :P At least blue quality. Still missing the pistol and a shield from EXL. :(

NVM. I really should check Defiance Data first. lol
I have pistol and shield from XL. Are you on ps3? Also look on your appearance icon and check your helmets, it might be there, mine was.

AllGamer
10-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Happy Face :D

some people were pondering how you get the Pumpkin hats, it's from the end of the arkfalls

http://s15.postimg.org/cj5fcpscr/Happy_Pumpkin.png

TriGlav 2000
10-30-2014, 08:46 AM
I just did a minor at Mt.Tam and both hulkers dopped normal gear. It was near highway corner between Collective Plaza, Kinship Plaza, East and South Radio Tower.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-aSW4FHvP6S0/VFJcUu4RNZI/AAAAAAAABEY/ZR-F0RIGEC0/w800-h600-no/Normal%2Bgear.bmp.

And i'm also reading in clan chat, that normal gear also started to drop for other players.

Baines
10-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Was that on PC NA?

I did one in the very early AM my time and it kept looping past wave 4 then back to 1 and did this for 35 minutes

PC-NA, south part of Silicon Valley. Time expired as normal, but whenever it reached wave 3, it would reset back to wave 1 mid-wave. At one point it jumped to Wave 4 for about two seconds, before resetting. And like I edited later, it jumped to Wave 5 and spawned two hulkers when only 10 seconds were left.

People basically just stayed there farming xp, as they mostly seemed to realize it wasn't going to complete correctly. Some complained about the buggy event at the end, because of course no one got any rewards. Thinking about it, I don't even recall any pickup weapons, as the infinite waves of afflicted seemed to only drop ammo, grenades, and the like.

Sevrin
10-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Just want to say that even though there are some gliches...this is a nice event. Thanks devs!

AllGamer
10-30-2014, 10:14 AM
I just did a minor at Mt.Tam and both hulkers dopped normal gear. It was near highway corner between Collective Plaza, Kinship Plaza, East and South Radio Tower.

And i'm also reading in clan chat, that normal gear also started to drop for other players.

it's working as intented

only the Hell Finale (think Monolith) is where the Hulkers drops the Hellfire items, the small arks going up to the big finale, only drops regular items

Johnny Stranger
10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
just got booted from another one...not impressed....

stefanies
10-30-2014, 10:51 AM
What's the strategy to take hulkers down? I've been in two of these events so far and even with a field full of people we weren't able to complete. They do give a lot of experience and some decent purples drop, though.

LegendaryU2K
10-30-2014, 10:58 AM
On another note, the holiday event seems pretty pointless to play " now ". Long long battles against the hulks, and all they drop are the same weapons. I had like 11 of the same guns, the only thing worth going there for is the mods and cash. But i think you guys need to allow the hulks to drop random guns along with the black holiday weapons. Just saying. I'm going to play it once and record it for my video site, but after that, I' might not play it anymore.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-30-2014, 11:01 AM
What's the strategy to take hulkers down? I've been in two of these events so far and even with a field full of people we weren't able to complete. They do give a lot of experience and some decent purples drop, though.Using weapons with bio/fire nano. Putting the bug guns and bmg's away.

stefanies
10-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Using weapons with bio/fire nano. Putting the bug guns and bmg's away.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Rashere
10-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Was a great event change at first all went well getting blue weapons, they're not garbage but they're not purples and OJ's either then was awarded nothing for a third in an event "not a single thing in whole even and no end score reward either " that happened twice in the last twenty four hours.

Actually I think I was at the Above event it was very frustrating :/

As a balance when it works I was also Awarded an "OJ Blackened Hellfire Saw", then today awarded an "OJ Beelzebub" though the next Major event awarded me absolutely nothing again execpt for 1260 script and 20 arkforge.... not sure why I got nothing for a third in an event, maybe the RNG broke like the Major arkfall components ?

Was your inventory full, perchance? I've seen reports of items not being able to be rewarded because of that and the message is easy to miss.

Rashere

LegendaryU2K
10-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Dev, bring BFG from Doom and chaingun one day :)

Infinity Eagle
10-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Was the spawn rate of hulker hell major arkfalls adjusted?
None that I have seen, have spawned in the last couple of hours on pc/na

TriGlav 2000
10-30-2014, 11:48 AM
it's working as intented

only the Hell Finale (think Monolith) is where the Hulkers drops the Hellfire items, the small arks going up to the big finale, only drops regular items
No, all should be dropping Hellfire gear, but some of the subs at majors and some minors don't.

Another such spot is south of South City Ruins (if you look at map just below SCR).

Blackwolfe
10-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Was your inventory full, perchance? I've seen reports of items not being able to be rewarded because of that and the message is easy to miss.

Rashere

I've got the very same issue and I know 100% that my inventory was not full on any of the hulker hell arkfalls.

Chocolatelover67
10-30-2014, 05:39 PM
It would be nice if we could get and keep the minigun from one of the roadside events....... I love that thing. But it does slow down your movement a hell of a lot.

TeamUltra_MES1
10-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Was the spawn rate of hulker hell major arkfalls adjusted?
None that I have seen, have spawned in the last couple of hours on pc/na

Ye I played now for like 2 Hours and I only saw dark matter and scrapper arkfalls. Also saw 1 hellfire Arkfall in Sillicon. And the usual Volge Incursions in san fran. So am I too stupid to see the Event arkfalls or they really this rare??

Tex_Arcana
10-30-2014, 06:16 PM
I've got the very same issue and I know 100% that my inventory was not full on any of the hulker hell arkfalls.
Let me again state that this has happened to me 2 out the 3 I've managed to get to while on.
One time with 2 inventory slots open and the other with 4.
Another thing just happened to me: I favourited a green mod and it was broken down none the less.
Not a big deal; but thought I'd mention it.

Baines
10-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Ye I played now for like 2 Hours and I only saw dark matter and scrapper arkfalls. Also saw 1 hellfire Arkfall in Sillicon. And the usual Volge Incursions in san fran. So am I too stupid to see the Event arkfalls or they really this rare??

If you are playing on PC, it is feasible that a swarm of players descends on minor arkfalls between the times that you look at your map. If a player swarm gets/stays together, it can wipe most events off the map fairly quickly.

Otherwise, it seems about as random as other arkfalls. Sometimes you get a bunch in a row, while other times the map doesn't appear to spawn them at all. I guess you could also be rather unlucky in shard hopping, being the unlucky guy who manages to always end up on the wrong shard.

The increase in Dark Matter arkfalls does feel weird, considering they were relatively scare in recent weeks. It feels like Trion replaced some of the Hellbug arkfalls with Halloween arkfalls and then bumped up the overall arkfall rate. I've lost track of how many times I've fought the Monolith in the last two days, but I've only seen one Hellbug major and it ended right as I arrived.

Grandpa Ace
10-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Agree..
Hopefully the DEVS check these things out.
Pros: Good, crazy fun. Nice to have a change, HOWEVER,

Cons: 1. Frequency of events to low. 2. Repetitive weapons drops, viz., they keep dropping the same blue and green weapons and mods. 3. Ratio of purple weapon drops seem almost non-existent, must be about 99% to 1. 4. Pumpkin drop rate must be about the same, viz., not enough!!! 5. Also, BAD Pumpkin rate to Good Pumpkin rate is also BAD, it must be 99% to 1 too. I've been to a lot of events and have not seen a single GOOD Pumpkin. 6. LASTLY, the Hulkers should not be allowed to run so far outside the red circle areas.
V/R
GPA

Halloween
11-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Didn't get any event weapons but made mass loot to breakdown and got froggy and wanted to see how my luck is going so I bought the Supply Crate and got the smiling pumpkin headgear, it looks wild.
Which "Supply Crate" do you mean? Blackened Hellfire?

Atticus Batman
11-02-2014, 02:04 AM
Which "Supply Crate" do you mean? Blackened Hellfire?

yes the pumpkins are only in the Blackened hellfire crate and a possible reward item. All the other Halloween outfits can only be gotten from the Devil's Carnival lockboxes

Chocolatelover67
11-04-2014, 12:42 AM
yes the pumpkins are only in the Blackened hellfire crate and a possible reward item. All the other Halloween outfits can only be gotten from the Devil's Carnival lockboxes

I just got the Stitched Pumpkin but from buying a lock box....... I'd much rather not spend any more real money and get the happy face one at an Arkfall.....

What happens after the 12th? Can we buy them then?

Dixie Cougar
11-04-2014, 03:02 AM
I am seeing an increasing number of failures in the major arkfalls. People are using inappropriate weapons but just as importantly not focus firing and forgetting to use their spikes. One time some of us put a few reminders out in area chat and it was like "oh, I should do that? great idea!" because the hulkers started dropping one by one steadily after that. Beat it with about 45 seconds to spare.

JadedSinn
11-04-2014, 06:32 AM
I am seeing an increasing number of failures in the major arkfalls. People are using inappropriate weapons but just as importantly not focus firing and forgetting to use their spikes. One time some of us put a few reminders out in area chat and it was like "oh, I should do that? great idea!" because the hulkers started dropping one by one steadily after that. Beat it with about 45 seconds to spare.

havent had that issue yet with any of the ones i have done but i am noticeing the lack of cordination in the teams now. i think its mainly becuse alot of us have gotten the guns and mods we want and are not wnaitng to go to them anymore. (( i have one of every hellfire gun win eather purple or oj with full mods on them some with t4 mods most with blue mods )) and once every one gets the weapons thy want. thy dont want to jump around anymore to them to play them (( even if its killer scrip to sell off all the stuff we get ))

but at the same time :) its also the low ego players starting to lose intrist in them from dieing so much i think if all the ego 5ks and up stoped runing them for a night or 2 that we would see some more cooperation with every one once the 5ks came back :D

still loveing the events though. havent seen a named gun yet. would kill to see just one drop. also got both my masks it only took me 3-4 days :) im happy im content and i have all my new shinny weapons now. hmmm best start racking up duplicits and start perparing them for sale once the events are over.

Dixie Cougar
11-04-2014, 06:36 AM
havent had that issue yet with any of the ones i have done but i am noticeing the lack of cordination in the teams now. i think its mainly becuse alot of us have gotten the guns and mods we want and are not wnaitng to go to them anymore. (( i have one of every hellfire gun win eather purple or oj with full mods on them some with t4 mods most with blue mods )) and once every one gets the weapons thy want. thy dont want to jump around anymore to them to play them (( even if its killer scrip to sell off all the stuff we get ))

but at the same time :) its also the low ego players starting to lose intrist in them from dieing so much i think if all the ego 5ks and up stoped runing them for a night or 2 that we would see some more cooperation with every one once the 5ks came back :D

still loveing the events though. havent seen a named gun yet. would kill to see just one drop. also got both my masks it only took me 3-4 days :) im happy im content and i have all my new shinny weapons now. hmmm best start racking up duplicits and start perparing them for sale once the events are over.

My wife has both pumpkin heads and a demon hunter. I've done considerably worse but I picked up some good stuff in trades and my interest is flagging as well. Doing mag dumps into hulkers would be more fun if higher damage was correlated to rewards somehow instead of a flat chance. Tag one thing, go do stuff for work on my other monitor, same rewards... yeah, I might have done it a couple times. Especially when my cat started bugging me.

JadedSinn
11-04-2014, 06:50 AM
back in the day the rewards would of been better i think.

right now everything is up to the RNG gods and thy do not like alot of people (( feel sorry for the ones that havent gotten there heads yet )) but the RNG gods are what thy are. if it was deadacated loot from the get go it would be better. " kill XX hulkers " get " XX item " it would be nice if that was how all of the game worked.

but then there would be loot farmers out for certen weapons allways farming certen enamys.

(( witch is going to happen when the mod drops appear with aftermath certen enamy types are going to drop certen types of mods raning from white to blue so i see farming happaning when this comes into play in game ))

my intrist hasent wained to much for the time being i enjoy them but give it till this weekend and i might change my mind. if i havent seen atleast ONE oj named weapon drop im not going to keep doing them after sunday.

Baines
11-04-2014, 08:03 AM

I agree. It seems that it is getting more difficult to complete the Major Hulker Hell. Two of the last three that I've attempted have failed, and failed badly, despite a good number of players being present. In those two, it seemed that putting half a clip into a hulker moving in front of my target (which is easy to do with the smoke effects and hulkers running around) was enough to start that hulker chasing me for quite a while, even if I avoided shooting it again.

Yes, there are people using the wrong weapons, like the guy who runs around doggedly tagging a lone hulker with a BMG. But it overall feels like only a handful of players are actually dealing damage. The rest might as well be just standing around (and it often seems like they are just standing around.)

Though I might have seen a clue at the last event... At the end of the event, I quickly toggled the option to show EGO levels of nearby players (not sure why this isn't the default, nor why Trion won't bother to make the game save the setting) and quickly opened the Nearby player panel. Every single nearby player listed was under 400 EGO, and only a few were over 300.

Are higher level players starting to drift away from Hulker Hell? I'd always figured that some would quit once they got the items that they wanted. Or are they hitting group or clan instances, leaving the rest to the loners and low level players?

JadedSinn
11-04-2014, 08:13 AM
team evo . cronus , core, and a few of the other larger clans shard hop and move as a group. if you get eyes on one of the players in any of thes clans add them to your friends list and use them at heavy hours for shard hoping. this will bring about the ability to beat them. it seems that only one ones thes 3 clans are in are the ones being destroyed

:) also thes 3 clans often go and do WM wins so its good to have them for that also :)

SCAVENGER1
11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
hulker hell has been fun and these weapons are much better then the EXL weapons. i just wish that if so many player would stop using the bmg with or with out the protector it would be more fun. but since so many player are just doing that. with the spam heal and not really doing anything but that.

it makes it really hard for me at least to kill stuff. now i spend most of my time dodging these bmg spammers and staying on the out skirts trying to get damage down range. and then i look around and see few players that are down and with so many bmg spammers running around and not reazen people at all, what is the point?

would be super nice if the DEV made the bmg heal/protector a group only use. that would save many players heart ache beside givning us the toggle option to turn the bmg effects off...

Bigbearbear
11-04-2014, 05:02 PM
It was really fun over the weekend, especially on Fri and Sat but by Mon I'm starting to see problems. I did a run on Mon night and noticed a large group of players would basically hide on top of a small hill and basically do nothing. Many players got mad so I guess most decided to do nothing as well. It was really challenging when you unload on a hulker and have him chase you, it was pretty fun too for me.

Needless to say, the event failed as more and more players decided to "eff it" and basically do nothing.

There is one thing you can do to counter-troll these "do nothing" players though, I discovered it by accident. I was still shooting at the hulkers and they tend to chase me, so I ran into the group milling about and when the hulker charged I rolled out of the way. The hulker basically smashed into those "do nothing" players and a few ended up on the ground.

You'll have to be careful though, you're basically tanking the hulker while searching for these trolls. I did it by accident and my 1000 EGO character can't take hits very well, if you have higher EGO and better shields, you might be able to do this better.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-04-2014, 05:32 PM
It was really fun over the weekend, especially on Fri and Sat but by Mon I'm starting to see problems. I did a run on Mon night and noticed a large group of players would basically hide on top of a small hill and basically do nothing. Many players got mad so I guess most decided to do nothing as well. It was really challenging when you unload on a hulker and have him chase you, it was pretty fun too for me.

Needless to say, the event failed as more and more players decided to "eff it" and basically do nothing.

There is one thing you can do to counter-troll these "do nothing" players though, I discovered it by accident. I was still shooting at the hulkers and they tend to chase me, so I ran into the group milling about and when the hulker charged I rolled out of the way. The hulker basically smashed into those "do nothing" players and a few ended up on the ground.

You'll have to be careful though, you're basically tanking the hulker while searching for these trolls. I did it by accident and my 1000 EGO character can't take hits very well, if you have higher EGO and better shields, you might be able to do this better.Been noticing this on PS3na today. Did several and at one it seemed like a ring of purple surrounding the circle just watching our efforts.

Not going to accuse without proof. But, it seems highly unlikely that that many players are sniping, ya know?

The event is still fun. Finally scored a punkin head. The stitched. Wanting the other, more evil looking one. Will continue trying.