PDA

View Full Version : play for free

bigbad4u2003
10-29-2014, 05:06 AM
I would like to know if the XBOX 360 is going to be free to play and when?

Bonehead
10-29-2014, 06:19 AM
You are in good company.

Etaew
10-29-2014, 06:37 AM
When MS approves the patch

Bonehead
10-29-2014, 06:41 AM
It was supposed to happen with Aftermath but who knows?

Thal
10-29-2014, 06:48 AM
it will be but atm it's up to MS to approve of Aftermath so basically MS is holding us up right now but it also gives the PTS crew time to find the bugs and get them fixed before going live.

Bonehead
10-29-2014, 07:03 AM
Has anyone from Trion actually said Aftermath has even been sent to MS for approval? Can we know that is what the holdup is? I am pretty used to delays at this stage of my relationship with Defiance but the launch was delayed to the middle of October and now November is right around the corner so I just wonder what the real situation is. Not that we will ever know, but you would think a gaming company that has dealt with both Sony and MS for as long as Trion has, would be able to plan for the time taken for product approval.

Now that I think about it, a patch dropping on schedule would really be something to talk about.

Thal
10-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Has anyone from Trion actually said Aftermath has even been sent to MS for approval? Can we know that is what the holdup is? I am pretty used to delays at this stage of my relationship with Defiance but the launch was delayed to the middle of October and now November is right around the corner so I just wonder what the real situation is. Not that we will ever know, but you would think a gaming company that has dealt with both Sony and MS for as long as Trion has, would be able to plan for the time taken for product approval.

Now that I think about it, a patch dropping on schedule would really be something to talk about.

On the October 24th Q&A (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?175913-Defiance-Community-Q-amp-A-October-24&p=1631097&viewfull=1#post1631097)

Also when is Aftermath slated to release it's been on PTS for awhile now?
There are two reasons we are waiting on releasing Aftermath
1) We have had many, many, requests from players to put patches up on PTS and then allow the community ample testing time to find bugs. This is what we are doing. We are still finding bugs.
2) We have fixed a patching bug on Xbox, and that patcher needs to go through a special certification phase, which is taking time. We would like to release the two together.
Once those are addressed, we can schedule the actual launch.

Also they touched on it a bit on twitch on the 24th as well

Bonehead
10-29-2014, 07:25 AM
That makes me wonder why they ever mentioned a mid October release back in the September Silicon Valley death march live stream.

Thal
10-29-2014, 07:47 AM
That makes me wonder why they ever mentioned a mid October release back in the September Silicon Valley death march live stream.

launches get held up for many different reasons. Perhaps they didn't expect MS to drag their feet as much as they are notoriously known to do. I'd rather them take their time and try to find as many bugs as possible than to rush on it and see the multi-threads about how much Defiance sux yadda-yadda.

Bonehead
10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Point taken. I just think it shows something lacking on their part when you know more about dealing with MS than they do. Also when High Ego players get a taste of "scaling down" there will be plenty of "Defiance sux" comments I'm afraid.

Thal
10-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Point taken. I just think it shows something lacking on their part when you know more about dealing with MS than they do. Also when High Ego players get a taste of "scaling down" there will be plenty of "Defiance sux" comments I'm afraid.

No one can deal with MS they do things in their own universe and could care less what anyone says or thinks because they are after all MS.As for the scaling down Posts I'll be taking a hiatus from the forums for my own sanity when they start. Besides Dragon Age Inquisition comes out in a few weeks and I'll be devoting time to that for a bit...Not quitting Defiance or even comparing the 2 totally different games but I am a huge DA fan so will be mastering that for few weeks.