PDA

View Full Version : So now that EGO doesn't have a 'cap'...

Reaps989
10-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Does this mean even after I max out all of my weapon skills, finish all achievement type deals, and all that nonsense. I can still continue by mindlessly grinding XP?

Haven't seen anyone over the "softcap", but a set cap would be nice so there's actually an "end-game". Otherwise it's not like you can't just keep going up another 5 EGO every "level up".

Sliverbaer
10-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Uhm.

Take a look at this EGO Rating breakdown from Etaew: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=222

Bonehead
10-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Does this mean even after I max out all of my weapon skills, finish all achievement type deals, and all that nonsense. I can still continue by mindlessly grinding XP?

Haven't seen anyone over the "softcap", but a set cap would be nice so there's actually an "end-game". Otherwise it's not like you can't just keep going up another 5 EGO every "level up".

No. You stop getting ego from xp as soon as you earn enough to completely fill in your ego grid, even if you don't actually fill it in.

Z0mb13
10-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Wait so has the ego 5900 cap been removed?

J8 Sky
10-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Wait so has the ego 5900 cap been removed?

Last i read was a post by Dev team saying Cap will NOT be changed on aftermath patch.
not sure where OP's info is coming from or how reliable it is .

Reaps989
10-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Last i read was a post by Dev team saying Cap will NOT be changed on aftermath patch.
not sure where OP's info is coming from or how reliable it is .

Was a rather older post, thus why I was asking if it was actually a thing since it was actually a question. And most kept stating "softcaps" on EGO which makes little sense if it actually caps out.

ironcladtrash
10-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Was a rather older post, thus why I was asking if it was actually a thing since it was actually a question. And most kept stating "softcaps" on EGO which makes little sense if it actually caps out.
They went with soft cap for a bit recently. However that didn't really work since there were some pursuits that have been removed meaning that older players could reach a higher EGO than anyone new. Now it is maxed out at 5900. It might get changed next season when the season 3 pursuits come out.