PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten anything good from a pumpkin, and if so what?

Traxx
10-30-2014, 05:18 PM
I have found 8 pumpkins at Hulker Hells and everyone set me on fire. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any real rewards? Please tell me what you picked up, if anything.

Nefarious
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I think there is something wrong with them. They are only there at the very beginning (3 of them to each ark fragment) and each one is explosive. I thought they would at least respawn new ones for each new wave.

Really nothing surprising to watch out for when it comes to them as they are 1 and done.

SirServed
I shot a bunch of them yesterday and never noticed anything on the floor except the unsuspecting players I got killed. I later checked my headgear through Appearance to find the Stitched Pumpkin Helmet there. You may want to look into it.

Fallen_Aingeal
From my understanding of them...The evil grinning ones blow up in your face, trick.

The happy ones can drop loot or boost health on the spot, treat.

Nefarious
10-30-2014, 05:40 PM
From my understanding of them...The evil grinning ones blow up in your face, trick.

The happy ones can drop loot or boost health on the spot, treat.

Yeah but ppl who are the first to get to the Fall just shoot them from a distance as they walk up. There is no trick about them. If they respawned anew with every wave weaved in the cluster of Ark Hunters then there would be a lot of tricks as players would be getting blasted in the air from them as they would be right on top of them.

SirServed
10-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah but ppl who are the first to get to the Fall just shoot them from a distance as they walk up. There is no trick about them. If they respawned anew with every wave weaved in the cluster of Ark Hunters then there would be a lot of tricks as players would be getting blasted in the air from them as they would be right on top of them.
They respawn during the Hulker Hell portion of the Major and I get the mass graves going.

Chump Norris
10-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I shot a bunch of them yesterday and never noticed anything on the floor except the unsuspecting players I got killed. I later checked my headgear through Appearance to find the Stitched Pumpkin Helmet there. You may want to look into it.

This has been my experience.

Bentu
10-30-2014, 06:24 PM
I've yet to see one?

Fuzzy
10-30-2014, 06:28 PM
I know that some pumpkins indeed drop gear. Sometimes during a major, I had weapons lying on the ground where I KNEW there hasn't been a Hulker killed, so I guess it must have been from the pumpkins.
I never shoot at the mobs there either, so couldn't have been from those.
Otherwise, yes, they do respawn. I died a few times all of a sudden because someone blew a pumpkin next to me :D

BlackTalons
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
I know that some pumpkins indeed drop gear. Sometimes during a major, I had weapons lying on the ground where I KNEW there hasn't been a Hulker killed, so I guess it must have been from the pumpkins.
Otherwise, yes, they do respawn. I died a few times all of a sudden because someone blew a pumpkin next to me :D

At majors some afflicted also spawn, and Hulkers can and often kill them. They can drop hellfire stuff too so what you are seeing may be their drops.

Atticus Batman
10-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Otherwise, yes, they do respawn. I died a few times all of a sudden because someone blew a pumpkin next to me

Maybe you didn't see an exploding Trembler next to you, or a Hulker lobbed a missile at your head to get revenge on you for all his brothers that you killed on the PTS? :p:p:p

brokenshield
10-30-2014, 08:28 PM
I just finished an event. Came in dead last. Really wish I understood how the score equates to overall usefulness to the group, but that's for another thread. Anyway after it was all over, checked my headgear and had both the Happy and the Stiched Pumpkin Heads. This was only my third or fourth Hunter event. So they are definately obtainable, at least on Xbox NA.

JadedSinn
10-30-2014, 10:29 PM
sigh :: yet agine im going to have to clear this up becuse people STILL have the wrong idea about the pumpkins. thy dont drop weapons. the evil smilrly one blows up . the happy smile one HEALS you. that is all.

weapons drop ONLY from enamys. both hulker AND infected. please pass this info on to every one you meet. and find and see. that way no more people are confused by this. the weapons people are seeing are from infected that have not appeared yet for them that have been killed allready.

thank you.

Sinn

SirServed
10-30-2014, 10:34 PM
sigh :: yet agine im going to have to clear this up becuse people STILL have the wrong idea about the pumpkins. thy dont drop weapons. the evil smilrly one blows up . the happy smile one HEALS you. that is all.

weapons drop ONLY from enamys. both hulker AND infected. please pass this info on to every one you meet. and find and see. that way no more people are confused by this. the weapons people are seeing are from infected that have not appeared yet for them that have been killed allready.

thank you.

Sinn
So what you're saying is, I should tell people to stand on the Pumpkins so I can shoot them?

JadedSinn
10-30-2014, 10:36 PM
So what you're saying is, I should tell people to stand on the Pumpkins so I can shoot them?

if you like :) i know it wouldnt stop me from blowing one up next to someone i didnt like or someone that i liked . just for fun :D after all it dosent ALLWAYS kill you. it just throws you across the map and damages your shield.

SirServed
10-30-2014, 10:37 PM
if you like :) i know it wouldnt stop me from blowing one up next to someone i didnt like or someone that i liked . just for fun :D after all it dosent ALLWAYS kill you. it just throws you across the map and damages your shield.
Who said anything about it killing me? I do it to kill THEM.

JadedSinn
10-30-2014, 10:41 PM

lol have fun :)

Atticus Batman
10-31-2014, 02:06 AM

Pumpkin Monkeybread?! Now that sounds fun!

For monkeybread reference: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156262-Dawn-Patrol-and-the-fine-art-of-quot-Monkey-Bread-quot&highlight=monkeybread

SirServed
10-31-2014, 02:07 AM

For monkeybread reference: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?156262-Dawn-Patrol-and-the-fine-art-of-quot-Monkey-Bread-quot&highlight=monkeybread
In that case, I've Monkey Breaded hundreds of players in Experts without shouting it out... oh well.

Atticus Batman
10-31-2014, 02:13 AM
In that case, I've Monkey Breaded hundreds of players in Experts without shouting it out... oh well.

LOL isn't it fun?! Quite the stress reliever!!! :):):);)

Bentu
10-31-2014, 09:17 AM

Those were the days :), a monkey bread I've seen recently but think it's been going on for a while is at volge incursions. Can't remember the name of the emergency but a player has to set a fuse on a box which has mines next to the boxes. Well lo and behold you can shoot the mines while they are setting up the fuse. Boom monkey bread.

crazyged
10-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Those pumpkins are nasty.

Once or twice during the main Hulker Hell, I was one-shotted, or so I thought.

Couldn't figure out what was doing it, because even a charging hulker doesn't drop me in one go!

...until a friend mentioned look down once in a while and make sure you're not near any pumpkins!