PDA

View Full Version : Laggy Visuals on new PC

IOM000
10-31-2014, 02:56 PM
On all my PC games actually.
I have a new laptop with specs way higher than those necessary.
I've switched to Performance Battery Usage, and switched the intel graphics properties from Low Range to Full Range. Also switched the graphics power option to Max performance.
The machine is running McAfee- could that be the culprit?
Something I have not done yet is activate win 8, so there are possibly some windows updates that will just fix this easy.
Does anyone know if that's it?

TriGlav 2000
10-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Are you running your lapton with battery power only? If plug your el. cord directly to electrical supply.

IOM000
10-31-2014, 03:33 PM
Yes it's plugged in.

SOLVED: Video card is worse, not better than my previous machine. Had not realized.

Egonieser
10-31-2014, 04:39 PM
System requirements are stated for a desktop version, a laptop, regardless how high the numbers look like, will always be miles less powerful than their desktop counterparts. And you did mention a intel chipset - those things are notorious for being bad for gaming. Should've got a laptop with nvidia or amd chips, they are far more reliable and designed for gaming in mind, where intel chipsets are meant for office/multimedia use not gaming.
I've had troubles with intel chipsets in the past myself, which includes graphical issues like you mentioned.
Problem with chipsets is - they don't have their own processing power or memory so they use the CPU and RAM from your system resources on top of what it already uses leaving very little free for other tasks. And laptops hardware is already subpar compared to a desktop, simply cuz it's a mobile hardware. (Simply put - you can't fit a tractors engine on a motorcycle, you might have the power to carry 1 passanger fast, but not enough horsepower to carry a dozen)