10-31-2014, 06:54 PM
is it true or false that critical hits bypass armor plating? Thanks

Nefarious
10-31-2014, 11:49 PM
Yep ,true.

crazyged
11-01-2014, 02:02 AM
mmmmmm critical hits...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/129/749/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

BlackTalons
11-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Do remember that while they ignore all armor plates and ablative armor, they do NOT ignore other sources of damage reduction. Perks like Hunker down or Celular armor award damage reduction, and some mobs like hellbugs and Volge may have innate damage reduction, even some damage reduction specific to certain points of their body.

Damage reduction stacks aditivelly with armor plates (6%+3*10% (from armor plates)= 36%) and radiation attacks ignore a 25% (40% when perked) of total damage reduction.

End of infodump.

PiccolaRivolta
11-01-2014, 11:33 AM
If they didn't, sniper rifles would be even more useless than right now, and everyone would run with bio weapons (like they don't do that already lol)

ironcladtrash
11-01-2014, 11:56 AM
If they didn't, sniper rifles would be even more useless than right now, and everyone would run with bio weapons (like they don't do that already lol)

When the armor plates were first introduced crit shots did not by pass them. I have a double crit radiation ranger I made legendary from purple because of that. Now that crit shots ignore armo plates radiation is wasted on that gun.

PiccolaRivolta
11-01-2014, 12:03 PM
When the armor plates were first introduced crit shots did not by pass them. I have a double crit radiation ranger I made legendary from purple because of that. Now that crit shots ignore armo plates radiation is wasted on that gun.

Not really wasted since you can still proc radiation on enemies/bosses... And sniper rifles seem to have more proc chance as far as i saw.

ironcladtrash
11-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Not really wasted since you can still proc radiation on enemies/bosses... And sniper rifles seem to have more proc chance as far as i saw.

True on the bosses but I mainly wanted for PVP.