PDA

View Full Version : playing defiance on xbox 360 with out disk

spudster
11-03-2014, 12:31 AM
I was hoping someone could tell me how to install defiance on my x box 360 with out the disk now that it is free to play my disk works fine but I have kids that love to play with my disks if there in the console and im afraid they will eventually damage them I have uninstalled but can not reinstall with out the disk please help

Atticus Batman
11-03-2014, 01:08 AM
I was hoping someone could tell me how to install defiance on my x box 360 with out the disk now that it is free to play my disk works fine but I have kids that love to play with my disks if there in the console and im afraid they will eventually damage them I have uninstalled but can not reinstall with out the disk please help

Easy, you can't because it is NOT free to play on Xbox yet. Unfortunately we are waiting on Microsoft to approve it all. If that happens then Xbox should get a fix for it's crappy Defiance patcher and go F2P with the upcoming Aftermath DLC.

spudster
11-03-2014, 10:02 AM
ah I thought they said it was f2p apparently I was mistaken thank you that makes sense I took a couple months off of defiance and am just getting back into the swing of things

richardkrainium
11-03-2014, 10:06 AM
thats just a generic advertisement they use at the patch screen

Atticus Batman
11-03-2014, 10:25 PM
thats just a generic advertisement they use at the patch screen

Richard is right. The patcher screens and newsfeeds are the same on all 3 platforms, so we all see the same thing, even though Xbox is not free to play yet. Here was the last official thing I saw on our F2P:

Aftermath Timing - XBOX Patcher Issue - XBOX Free to Play

Aiming for mid October. We've made the choice to hold off on that. It links in with a fix for the XBOX patcher issue where it sometimes requires a full install. And the move to Free to Play.
http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=355

Obviously that did not happen, since they are still awaiting certification approval (most likely from Microsoft). So we are hoping Aftermath will arrive by Thanksgiving, but won't know for sure until Trion announces it.