PDA

View Full Version : Fix my game profile or give me my money back.

Markeen
11-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I can't fast travel to friends or it doesn't show I have any at all. My clan is glitched and doesn't show data or allow me to travel to clanmates. And sometimes it shows the clans name as "wwwwwww". I've made more than one support ticket with no response. I have dlc that I can't enjoy. I can't join groups. This has happened more than once. The game shows me as offline when clearly I am playing. When I do get to join a group the chat doesn't work. Voice chat doesn't work. I've deleted and reinstalled game data on ps3. I've power cycled my internet and tried both wired and wireless connections. All other games and apps work fine. All other in home devices work flawless. This is on Trions side and I demand a response from a dev, mod or support tech. I've posted about this before and now I'm posting it in general forum hoping to get someone's attention.

shawshank1198
11-03-2014, 08:47 PM
I can't fast travel to friends or it doesn't show I have any at all. My clan is glitched and doesn't show data or allow me to travel to clanmates. And sometimes it shows the clans name as "wwwwwww". I've made more than one support ticket with no response. I have dlc that I can't enjoy. I can't join groups. This has happened more than once. The game shows me as offline when clearly I am playing. When I do get to join a group the chat doesn't work. Voice chat doesn't work. I've deleted and reinstalled game data on ps3. I've power cycled my internet and tried both wired and wireless connections. All other games and apps work fine. All other in home devices work flawless. This is on Trions side and I demand a response from a dev, mod or support tech. I've posted about this before and now I'm posting it in general forum hoping to get someone's attention.

Crickets....

Bonehead
11-04-2014, 03:24 AM
No offence meant bro. I can feel you for sure but the money back part made me laugh pretty hard.

Dixie Cougar
11-04-2014, 04:25 AM

It is a testament to the soundness of Defiance's actual gunplay that I continue to tolerate nonsense like this gentleman is experiencing. It is beyond frustrating. Sometimes all we can do is wait. I just got back from a 6 month break to find a lot of things less broken than when I left them, which was nice.

StaffyDog
11-04-2014, 04:43 AM
I feel for you m8, I've given trion a game breaking issue on a ticket weeks ago. After a few failed solutions from them they have referred me to another part of their support team. But I've had no correspondence from them whatsoever. Looks like they have purposely wrote me off. My issue was a year long built up character ego 5244 completely broke. I cant log on with it anymore, gone everything, oj weps all dlc's and countless hours of grinding...... ****ing lost.

Z0mb13
11-04-2014, 10:27 AM
From the glyph client choose the rebuild option.

Carnak
11-07-2014, 11:31 AM
No offence meant bro. I can feel you for sure but the money back part made me laugh pretty hard.

Why is it funny? Do you think Trion are somehow exempt from consumer law?

If a product you buy doesn't work you are entitled to your money back. Sans laughter.

Submit a support ticket if you haven't already, specifically requesting a refund. If they fail to respond to that you can try BBB (http://www.bbb.org/). I can personally vouch for them getting results from uncooperative MMO developers.

If that fails, you can lodge a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission and separately initiate civil action to get a refund.

Most MMO developers have a clause in their ToS requiring disputes to be resolved in their jurisdiction but such terms aren't ironbound and I don't think that one has ever been tested. Wherever you live there is probably either a government agency to deal with consumer disputes or inexpensive courts specifically to deal with disputes over relatively small sums of money like this.

Bonehead
11-07-2014, 11:59 AM

If a product you buy doesn't work you are entitled to your money back. Sans laughter.

Submit a support ticket if you haven't already, specifically requesting a refund. If they fail to respond to that you can try BBB (http://www.bbb.org/). I can personally vouch for them getting results from uncooperative MMO developers.

If that fails, you can lodge a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission and separately initiate civil action to get a refund.

Most MMO developers have a clause in their ToS requiring disputes to be resolved in their jurisdiction but such terms aren't ironbound and I don't think that one has ever been tested. Wherever you live there is probably either a government agency to deal with consumer disputes or inexpensive courts specifically to deal with disputes over relatively small sums of money like this.

Okay, good luck with all that.

DrTogobban
11-07-2014, 12:33 PM

That's not exactly true. There is no law that protects you if a product breaks down (in USA/Canada)- it's understood that some products may develop a defect over time, and how a defective product is handled is entirely up to the manufacturer or vendor. Once the money changes hands, it's typically done. Any warranty or refund policy is up to the retailer and manufacturer when talking general consumer goods.

What the BBB will do, is log a complaint, and send a letter, and basically act as a go-between, and sometimes (but not often in my experience) try to negotiate on your behalf. BBB's not a government body, and doesn't really have any power. Most of the time when the BBB gets their way it's because they're an annoyance and it's easier to refund someone their $10 than spend 20 minutes dealing with their forms.

I've had BBB filings where I've said "the customer doesn't understand we're telling them it's cheaper to buy a new one than repair this", another with "we do not provide refunds", and "if the customer had spoken to us prior to filing this we would have had no issue doing exactly what they're asking us to do". The funny thing about them, is they don't care what you say, so long as you respond and aren't unreasonable.

Anything official would have to be done under the claim of advertisement, and NOT that a product failed to work. Failed to do the task it advertised in general for all of the items is one, but one unit failing isn't grounds for something like that, especially when you're talking about software, where many of the issues aren't a result of the software but issues resulting from outside influences, and every unit is identical.

3rdpig
11-07-2014, 01:48 PM
The BBB? Yea, that's a good one. Might as well complain to the tooth fairy or maybe Santa Claus.

Z0mb13
11-07-2014, 03:53 PM
The BBB? Yea, that's a good one. Might as well complain to the tooth fairy or maybe Santa Claus.

Just curious 3rdpig, have you worked an issue through the BBB before? I've had success with them on numerous issues.

Rouge Assasin
11-07-2014, 08:02 PM

The "WWWWWW" thing happened to me over a week ago on ps3. I was told it normally only happens on the PC. The fact that it happens at all....
What I did to fix mine........ Lagged the fk out of the sever. Went to a major ark and spammed two 20 clip crimefighters. All of a sudden, it says I am online. Has'nt happened since BUT, sometimes when I open my clan page it shows "wwwww" for a second or two. Just keep playing, it "should" fix itself. I did all the redownloads ect,ect. Nada.

Carnak
11-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Just curious 3rdpig, have you worked an issue through the BBB before? I've had success with them on numerous issues.

That has also been my experience. Eg.

There was a moderately serious bug in another MMO which affected many players and the developer refused to fix it. It had been bug reported, CS ticketed and complained about in their bug forum. It was at least a year old by the time I lodged a BBB complaint.

As a direct result of that complaint the bug was finally fixed.

Before submitting my complaint I read through previous complaint resolutions for that company and BBB had successfully negotiated many other favourable results for consumers.

Based on my experiences and the complaint resolutions anyone is free to read on their website I think they're an excellent option to consider before legal action, if direct communication with the company has failed.

That's not exactly true. There is no law that protects you if a product breaks down (in USA/Canada)- it's understood that some products may develop a defect over time...

Software is not subject to physical wear and tear so it doesn't "break down".

Software that doesn't work, doesn't work because of design defects.

Synther
11-09-2014, 06:51 PM

Hold on...let me laugh even harder. Not only that, you're implying that the BBB has some kind of power. They don't. You're hilarious.

DrTogobban
11-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Before submitting my complaint I read through previous complaint resolutions for that company and BBB had successfully negotiated many other favourable results for consumers.

Based on my experiences and the complaint resolutions anyone is free to read on their website I think they're an excellent option to consider before legal action, if direct communication with the company has failed.

They typically don't negotiate anything. You can't negotiate without holding some sort of power. They arbitrate.

Software is not subject to physical wear and tear so it doesn't "break down".

Obviously.

Software that doesn't work, doesn't work because of design defects.

Not true. Software not working can be a result of many, many external factors, ranging from failing components, interference from other software packages, and in the case of products that contain networking code, unfavorable network conditions.

HighTech
11-09-2014, 10:49 PM
BBB only gives sites reputation and they have to prove for themselves that what you say is legit, trust me they didn't download the game to figure out if you were right or wrong. Honestly I doubt devs care what BBB has to say about their games, or a number of other companies for that matter. Since the law for their game is stated in their tos no where else.

If you think BBB can shut down a site or a game you have no idea what they actually do, which is really jack, all they do is prove or disprove and give a site a grade. Since again there is no law aside from tos.

I have to laugh at said clause about game disputes, since most if not every tos says you have the right to use a game as is. Why would they ever put themselves on a chopping block if they do not need to.

Hate to break it to you, there is no law online aside from the tos you sign up for the internet isn't governed by any country. The very few laws have to do with hacking and data theft (copy right). No one cares about a video game in any government.

Carnak
11-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Hold on...let me laugh even harder. Not only that, you're implying that the BBB has some kind of power. They don't. You're hilarious.

Always happy to make someone laugh but no I didn't imply at all that the BBB have any kind of legislative power.

What I said - which is totally true - is that they can get results. Don't need take my word for that either. BBB complaints and their resolutions are published on their website.

Though as I've also said I can personally vouch for them getting results with MMO developers and bug fixing.

They typically don't negotiate anything. You can't negotiate without holding some sort of power. They arbitrate.

Ever opened a dictionary? Definition of negotiate:

obtain or bring about by discussion

That's exactly what BBB do.

Not true. Software not working can be a result of many, many external factors, ranging from failing components, interference from other software packages, and in the case of products that contain networking code, unfavorable network conditions.

Nice try doc.

First you try to claim that they're exempt from consumer law because of exemptions which exist for physical products in relation to physical "wear and tear" which is so obviously irrelevant.

Now you're throwing in more irrelevant factors. The OP has said this is the only game or app they have a problem with. So the problem is definitely Defiance.

Are there a range of factors which can interact with software to create problems? Sure. But it's not the consumer's fault if software doesn't work because of them. Defiance has clearly advertised system requirements. If a buyer's system meets those requirements and it doesn't work then they are entitled to a refund.

Hate to break it to you, there is no law online aside from the tos you sign up for the internet isn't governed by any country. The very few laws have to do with hacking and data theft (copy right). No one cares about a video game in any government.

Already addressed the other things you talked about and I made this point already but obviously you missed it. Terms of Service are not ironclad. Courts often rule either specific clauses or the entire document invalid if they violate consumer law.

You're also categorically wrong about no-one caring about video game in any government. Consumer law definitely applies. There have also been a number of very interesting legal cases involving online games. If you're interested you can find them easily with a bit of googling.