PDA

View Full Version : I think I found a visual bug with apperences

Beathrus
11-03-2014, 08:56 PM
So, I submitted a bug report ticket. But wanted to see if anyone has been having it, basically, characters are appearing in their default selected outfits, instead of the appearances they have selected. So during Hulker Hell, I've noticed a lot of people wearing one outfit. Its usually the Survivalist starting gear, minus the head piece. I've also noticed, they all have the same face...

So has anyone else been getting this?

Chump Norris
11-03-2014, 09:01 PM
This is just something that happens when there are to many people around.

Its not a bug though.

Atticus Batman
11-03-2014, 09:03 PM
It is intended. To help lessen lag and other issues, there is coding that makes outfits render in the default setting if certain requirements are met. Mainly it is because consoles can't render as well as Pcs, so if you want to have better chance of not having everyone appear in default, switch to Xbox. If you want a great chance, switch to Pc, and for the best chance, switch to a high end Pc.

Major Crapshot
11-03-2014, 09:10 PM
It is intended. To help lessen lag and other issues, there is coding that makes outfits render in the default setting if certain requirements are met. Mainly it is because consoles can't render as well as Pcs, so if you want to have better chance of not having everyone appear in default, switch to Xbox. If you want a great chance, switch to Pc, and for the best chance, switch to a high end Pc.

This. ^^^

With so many people at HHs, it easier and more resource conserving for consoles to draw 100 of the same outfit than 100 individual ones.

I've had it happen before. It's weird see all of these clones but better than everyone else disappearing in the middle of an HH. That's rather disconcerting at times. :)

Beathrus
11-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Oh, Okay. I was getting worried, I just started noticing it and I thought they were all going to face me and start going 'One of Us, One of Us, One of Us.'

Atticus Batman
11-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Oh, Okay. I was getting worried, I just started noticing it and I thought they were all going to face me and start going 'One of Us, One of Us, One of Us.'

Lol, although it can be annoying to be part of the Clone Wars, it does at least mean that their decision to make fewer events available at once, worked to better populate the currently available ones like they wanted.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2900000/Clone-Wars-star-wars-clone-wars-2951745-1280-1024.jpg

crasher
11-03-2014, 11:16 PM
I have a high end PC, my Main Battle Computer has 16 gig of ram and SSD drives, a high end graphics card that was hot stuff when it was released 4 months ago, and Verizon FIOS.
Not bragging, just stating that so it's clear that I'm not using a $299 unit.

The only time I don't see every single person at a Hulker event looking like General Steve is when I specifically see a friend there.
And since I have about 6 people on my friend's list who have logged in more recently than 254 days ago, I tend to see one, maybe two, people at a Hulker event as they outfit themselves.

All I see are Hulkers, afflicted, and General Steve.
And in the last several days frequently what I see are scenery, smoke/fog and spikes because the players and badguys keep disappearing every 4 seconds for 5 to 8 seconds.
Just saying.

Atticus Batman
11-03-2014, 11:22 PM
I have a high end PC, my Main Battle Computer has 16 gig of ram and SSD drives, a high end graphics card that was hot stuff when it was released 4 months ago, and Verizon FIOS.
Not bragging, just stating that so it's clear that I'm not using a $299 unit.

The only time I don't see every single person at a Hulker event looking like General Steve is when I specifically see a friend there.
And since I have about 6 people on my friend's list who have logged in more recently than 254 days ago, I tend to see one, maybe two, people at a Hulker event as they outfit themselves.

All I see are Hulkers, afflicted, and General Steve.
And in the last several days frequently what I see are scenery, smoke/fog and spikes because the players and badguys keep disappearing every 4 seconds for 5 to 8 seconds.
Just saying.

Adjust your slider, that you PC peeps have. Also a 4 month od Pc IS outdated in PC life. what with newer better versions of the hardware coming out every other month or so. (and yes I know you will give me that same crap about computers NOT needing upgraded regularly that all PC lovers give, even though they do upgrade regularly)

WanWhiteWolf
11-04-2014, 12:51 AM
It happened to me before the lag fix patch. I haven't had this "issue" since then. There are situatiions where close to 100 people are around and I can see all their specific outfit. What does happen though at big events, is that a part of them are moved to a temporary parralel "phase". We are in the same phase since we can shoot at the same mobs and we do share spikes; but we cannot see and directly help each other (revive/heal).

Two things that help with are:
1. Pocking the loot from the ground. It reduces the render information and you will see people with their native outfits / people will jump back in a single phase.
2. Increasing the proxy memory in settings. It seemed to help me back in the days when I saw all with the same outfit (10+ people around)