PDA

View Full Version : Where do I ask for refund?

Joshido
04-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I clicked settings and game was almost ready to install, now I see server issues, I would rather not support a game that does not support its players. Anyone know where to ask for refund?

Ins4neN1ghtmare
04-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Up dat *** and to the left.

The games fantastic.

Jammie
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
The game is fine... I've had no download or server issues. Granted there have been launch day issues but then what game hasn't had them? As to your last point... Ask Steam maybe they'll give you one but unlikely that is if you ordered it from Steam.

ironhands
04-03-2013, 08:52 PM
There's plenty of support. You're not seeing the thousands of players who are online playing without issue, you're only seeing the people who are complaining. Play the game, and see if you actually encounter a problem yourself. If you do, which is unlikely, and can't get support, which is also unlikely, feel free to seek a refund. Don't base your judgements on complaints on a forum.

Jammie
04-03-2013, 08:56 PM
There's plenty of support. You're not seeing the thousands of players who are online playing without issue, you're only seeing the people who are complaining. Play the game, and see if you actually encounter a problem yourself. If you do, which is unlikely, and can't get support, which is also unlikely, feel free to seek a refund. Don't base your judgements on complaints on a forum.

Agreed, forums are usually filled with complainers, i'm glad not every post is negative.

chickenboybryan
04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Well amazon going to give my money back, can not play with my peeps from the UK. Lies on the box and I get my cash back.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Doesn't support it's players? BS!

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?17704-Day-2-in-the-life-of-Defiance-little-bit-of-humble-little-bit-of-cautious

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Well amazon going to give my money back, can not play with my peeps from the UK. Lies on the box and I get my cash back.

You can play on EU server.. I'm confused...

Jardian
04-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Everyone was told over a month ago Microsoft wanted diffrent regions to cut down on lag. So thats kind of your fault there buddy.

Sargonnax
04-03-2013, 09:21 PM
I havent had any serious issues so far and as a long time Rift player Ive found Trion to be pretty responsive to the players for the most part.

Slooty
04-03-2013, 09:33 PM
all you have to do is pick EU server in the launcher settings or have your friends pick the US server in launcher settings. Companies should start putting up a no noob refund policy and only give them for legit reasons.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
You mean Client Release
Date: April 3rd, 2013
Time: 7:15pm PT
Duration: No Downtime

Patch Notes:
- Fixed crash to settings at high refresh rates
- Updated the download size of client and patch packages to help minimize download and install issues.

Server Downtime:
Date: April 2nd, 2013
Time: 9:30am PT
Duration: 15-30 minutes

Patch Notes:
- Address critical connectivity issues
- Critical Bug fixes

Server Downtime:
Date: April 2nd, 2013
Time: 10:45pm PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
- Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls
- Fixed a rare condition where you could get stuck in the tutorial
- Altered loot drop on some mini bosses to reduce item farming
- Temporally Disabled Freight Yard (16v16 Instance)
- Updated incorrectly marked epic weapons to common items
- Detonator Tuning
- Corrected Hotshot Challenge reward in Marin
- Server and client crash fixes

Yeah no support right?

Kaoslion
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
PC players can switch servers so you can play with friends. Pings might be a bit slow and sluggish but should be ok.

Joshido
04-03-2013, 10:13 PM

Why would I care about the 1000s of players playing the game? I bought the game and I want to play it. This is 2013 if you do not have server quality up to par for the extremely small player base, you dont deserve my money, period. I have already answered my question so that is fine, but your logic is complete garbage and you are blindly defending your purchase dismissing valid concerns. The game could be quality but I wont know until hopefully tommorow. Shame on Trion get your **** together you greedy capitalist \pigs /endthread

Uncle Coord
04-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Wait... OP is upset because he has heard about server issues, yet not actually experienced any issues himself?

I mean, I started playing EU servers at midnight GMT, when the login servers went live early, I then played throughout the night and following day without issue.

Then logged back in yesterday and other than minor downtimes for patches I am yet to experience any crashes or lag or ANYTHING to suggest server instability....

So... yea... OP is a ****...

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Wait... OP is upset because he has heard about server issues, yet not actually experienced any issues himself?

I mean, I started playing EU servers at midnight GMT, when the login servers went live early, I then played throughout the night and following day without issue.

Then logged back in yesterday and other than minor downtimes for patches I am yet to experience any crashes or lag or ANYTHING to suggest server instability....

Keep it civil. Use the word *****!

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Why would I care about the 1000s of players playing the game? I bought the game and I want to play it. This is 2013 if you do not have server quality up to par for the extremely small player base, you dont deserve my money, period. I have already answered my question so that is fine, but your logic is complete garbage and you are blindly defending your purchase dismissing valid concerns. The game could be quality but I wont know until hopefully tommorow. Shame on Trion get your **** together you greedy capitalist \pigs /endthread

Some of us are confused as the only post we saw from you was to announce you are done.. no please help me I'm having problems etc... So it is difficult for some to accept this point of view that you came to announce your disappointment, after you had allready made your decision, to no end without allowing people to help... To many of us we might ask if you had allready made up your mind, why waste our time by making a post that has no intent... there is in-game feedback, trion contact us feedback etc.. the forums is for the community. You came to us to complain, announce your intentions to cancel, but never once asked us for aid... your post although potentially unintentional is misdirected if its just to rant. The community did nothing. You never gave us a chance to do otherwise IMO.

/Sincerely best wishes

P.S.
/endtread never works, about as much as telling your parents your done talking to them does... things end when it's done, not when we want them to be unfortunately sometimes.

Joshido
04-03-2013, 10:21 PM

You miss the point, I do not want to play on EU servers it is about purchasing a product and not receiving timely delivery. Would you go PAY to see a movie and then due to technical difficulties had to come back the next day to watch it? If so, you are a blind consuming sheep if this game was published by a huge publisher everyone would be up in arms...how hipster of you.

Uncle Coord
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Still not seeing the issue, although I haven't experienced the NA servers or any problems they may have, so far it seems like this game has been remarkably stable compared to most games...

Every MMO release has its troubles, Defiance has so far proven to have less troubles than most...

3rdpig
04-03-2013, 10:26 PM
What? Server issues on a 2 day old MMO? What an OUTRAGE!

Preorder cancelled!

Joshido
04-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Some of us are confused as the only post we saw from you was to announce you are done.. no please help me I'm having problems etc... So it is difficult for some to accept this point of view that you came to announce your disappointment, after you had allready made your decision, to no end without allowing people to help... To many of us we might ask if you had allready made up your mind, why waste our time by making a post that has no intent... there is in-game feedback, trion contact us feedback etc.. the forums is for the community. You came to us to complain, announce your intentions to cancel, but never once asked us for aid... your post although potentially unintentional is misdirected if its just to rant. The community did nothing. You never gave us a chance to do otherwise IMO.

/Sincerely best wishes

P.S.
/endtread never works, about as much as telling your parents your done talking to them does... things end when it's done, not when we want them to be unfortunately sometimes.

I did ask for help "Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund." Some people were helpful and they are good additions to the community, it wasent a rant, it was a simple question. I was then insulted by bad logic. /endthread :P

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
*posts to see if the thread is ended*

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
*posts to see if the thread is ended*

Nope, threads not ended!!

Joshido
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Still not seeing the issue, although I haven't experienced the NA servers or any problems they may have, so far it seems like this game has been remarkably stable compared to most games...

Every MMO release has its troubles, Defiance has so far proven to have less troubles than most...

Are the servers not down as we speak? My client is still not downloading due to what I assume are all the issues regarding them. Is it too much to ask that EVERY player has a good experience, there has been some pretty good launches in the past and we have access to some wonderful server technology these days, I suppose they are doing what they can...

hydraham
04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Amazing how everyone who is complaining about this game is complaining about non-existent problems.

You can play with people in the UK.

Joshido
04-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Actually RIFT had a stellar launch if I can remember correctly and I am sure that had WAY more players. Perhaps Their manpower is divided due to a multi-platform launch.

Uncle Coord
04-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Amazing how everyone who is complaining about this game is complaining about non-existent problems.

You can play with people in the UK.

Woah dude, careful, don't go confusing these nice folks with factual information, you may rile 'em up.

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Uh, no. This has way more players than Rift did at launch.

PS3 + XBOX + PC + TV Tie In Power = ZOMFGZEEEEEEEERGTHESERVERS

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I did ask for help "Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund." Some people were helpful and they are good additions to the community, it wasnt a rant, it was a simple question. I was then insulted by bad logic. /endthread :P

that is not asking us for help hun, that's asking us how to cancel your order same thing. Whatever upset you to want ot cancel didn't seem to make it to the forums for us to help you with if possible is my point.

The servers were up minutes ago before I logged off. Sometimes "server issues" are user side connection issues or tech issues many of the ridiculously nerdy comp geeks we have haunting the forums might be inclined to help with or at least point in the right direction.. =p

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Actually RIFT had a stellar launch if I can remember correctly and I am sure that had WAY more players. Perhaps Their manpower is divided due to a multi-platform launch.

Rift was a subscription game which has a higher expectation of income and hence a higher bankroll... also RIFT was record breaking flawless launch, almost uncanny like someone sacrificed a few chickens or hellbugs IDK ... RIFTS launch has been noted as the best MMO launch of our time, it's not fair to compare a B2P game to the SUB game of that category IMO.

Panthan
04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I did ask for help "Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund." Some people were helpful and they are good additions to the community, it wasent a rant, it was a simple question. I was then insulted by bad logic. /endthread :P

First of all, you are just ranting, you just do it under the guise of asking for help.
The most logical place to try to get a refund isnt the forums, any rational person would contact the company they bought the product from. Which brings us to why its so clear that you really arent asking for a refund because you ..forgot to give crusial information for us to actually DO help you, like.. where did you buy/order your copy of defiance.
If you are wondering the above answered your orignal rant.. err question.

Mordaeus
04-03-2013, 11:44 PM
hmm just another meme thread /moves on

Mctash
04-04-2013, 12:12 AM
There's some irony when one of the best educated communities (online gamers) accepts luke warm dog poop on a plate and says it's delicious. You all are falling over each other to make excuses for why this program is not fully functional and working at launch. Why would you not put up with this type of low quality anywhere else in your life but hail it as perfectly awesome and OK here? Everyone here payed money for this product, and should have the expectation of a fully functioning product, not a beta test product still in the works. But I guess it must be ok. Want another helping of poo?

Panthan
04-04-2013, 12:31 AM
There's some irony when one of the best educated communities (online gamers) accepts luke warm dog poop on a plate and says it's delicious. You all are falling over each other to make excuses for why this program is not fully functional and working at launch. Why would you not put up with this type of low quality anywhere else in your life but hail it as perfectly awesome and OK here? Everyone here payed money for this product, and should have the expectation of a fully functioning product, not a beta test product still in the works. But I guess it must be ok. Want another helping of poo?

I know this isnt a valid justification but.. you didnt.. enjoy the release of WoW and the first year did you. Sure the game has some issues, but personallY I really havent run into anything thats actually worth mentioning. I have been having a blast so far, sure I can play bug hunt to complain about but then again why would I? IF I find something Ill report it and go back to having fun playing. I dont need to fish for reasons to hate.

HexCaliber
04-04-2013, 12:35 AM
These are not server issues they are taking the server down when they have a patch to fix the issues most folks are complaining about, if you think that's not customer support you clearly don't know your arse from your elbow. You have not even played the game and you're crying about a refund; someone change his nappy and send him on his way.

Bear1968
04-04-2013, 01:10 AM

Stellar? Rift's Launch? You MUST be talking about Storm Legion. :confused:

You must NOT have been there to see the Qs lasting anywhere from 1 to as many as 9 hours. The countles players that waited out the long Qs getting on for only a brief amount of time before the Server would crash under the weight of sooo many players. The constant patches that were in the first week. The panicked creation of 9 gazillion servers to spread the population out.
Oh no you WERE not there if you thought Rift had a Stellar Launch.
Trion may be a bit slow and clumsy coming out of the gate but they make one hell of a nice game. I still love Rift and I know this one will do well. I am having a BLAST!!!!!!
:cool:

*Edit* A quote from the Rift forum I remember to this day "The only launch ever that was worse than Rift's was the Titanic's"

ironhands
04-04-2013, 06:36 AM

I am certainly not dismissing anyones concerns. I am saying you should not judge the quality of your purchase based on a few reports in the forums, when they are in the minority. That's all there is to it. It's the equivalent of saying "my neighbor got in an accident in their ford pickup, so, i'm never buying a ford" and totally ignoring the fact that there are thousands with no issues whatsoever. You're making a judgement with only one side of the story.

Like I said above, had you read the entire post. Play the game yourself first, and make your own decision. IF you have problems, then ask for a refund.

ironhands
04-04-2013, 06:39 AM

Nobody insulted you, and there was no bad logic. Your post suggested you wanted a refund before even attempting to a) play the game and b) before attempting to get support. I advised you to see if you were having any issues, and if you were, then attempt to have them resolved by support, and if neither of those 2 worked out, then ask about a refund.

If you were having issues, you really should have mentioned them so we could try assist you further.

ZEBUCITY
04-04-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry to do this. Everything in me says don't get involved with this thread. But...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzuIfq1mqM

AZZIS
04-04-2013, 06:57 AM
I encounter bugs and could not play first day got better 2nd day.. But cut off from server. Although they are working on it. Today third day went in but coud not play. No enemies in the map.

Senel
04-04-2013, 07:07 AM
I think this thread has devolved into a ball of hate, mods why you no lock this yet? Q_Q

Started
04-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I clicked settings and game was almost ready to install, now I see server issues, I would rather not support a game that does not support its players. Anyone know where to ask for refund?

Your post disgusts me to the point where you don't have any common knowledge at all to call trion and get a refund especially since Trion's number is ALL OVER THE INTERWEBZ.

Kaeleron
04-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Rift was a subscription game which has a higher expectation of income and hence a higher bankroll... also RIFT was record breaking flawless launch, almost uncanny like someone sacrificed a few chickens or hellbugs IDK ... RIFTS launch has been noted as the best MMO launch of our time, it's not fair to compare a B2P game to the SUB game of that category IMO.

Not true, it is more than fair to compare, Rift was a standard product for its day, Trion was inherently a brand new, untested developer and they executed it perfectly. That is what drew the credibility for them to create a multiplatform product that synergizes with other media. As experimental as this really is logistically they are actually doing very well. Considering they are still pushing Rift content and developing End of Nations and MMORTS I can't say they aren't earning their keep. Finally, at least when you give feedback (especially negative) they don't delete you post or ban your forum account a la EA.Bioware.

Ianto
04-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Heres what I've read from this topic:

"I NOT EVEN PLAY GAME! GAME BAD! I DEMAND REFUND! YOU GIVE!?"

Please ban/delete this pointless thread. Mkkthx

Redeemer
04-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Im Loving this game why is everyone so pissed? Every game i play there are people trying to run it in to the ground.
what the hell do people want? lol
i played for 6 hours straight and didnt even play a mission and had so much fun.

Laughter
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I have never been to the point with a game to demand a refund. I have played some pretty bad games and still didn't cause me to demand my money back.

I'm not sure if people demanding their money back are man-children or just children.

Hawty
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Lol? Im pretty sure they are working on it, they put too much money into the game to just let go right off the bat.

Chotsu
04-04-2013, 08:27 AM

I have been playing MMos for 20+ years and all i can say is this is expected on launch all MMos go through this with the exception of a couple unbelivable launches befor going ape **** give the devs a few days to hammer out bugs here and their and it will be ok
and yes the game is sick love it.